Old May 27, 2004, 01:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Zane is an upstanding Citizen
Night flight into the city

High above the battlements a dark figure soars through the sky. Passing over the gate guards and headed toward the center of the city Zane moves overhead; his body indistingusable against the night sky. Seeing a near deserted alley he dives the wind coursing over his wings as he plummets down ever faster. Moments before hitting the pavement the dracon spreads his wings out to his sides creating an abrupt decrease in his speed. He lands heavily on the stone path and quickly begins his change. His scales become pale and soft, hair pulls back and becomes short; after a time he looks like a regular human except for his short fangs, his silver hair, and fingernails that while short have a claw likeness to them. As he pulls up his hood over his face he wonders where to start. He disapears quickly into the night looking for a place to start.
"Death comes for us all. I know not for you but I will meet it with a blade in my hand and the knowledge that I have truly lived, for only in death can we know if we have ever been alive." - Ryu Ohki - Captain of the Imperial Cabbit Secret Service - Covert Ops Branch

"To bring about the new world the old must be bathed in blood. Let us pray the innocent flee this fate." -Sendo at the battle of the Dark Moon

"I am a shadow. Nether love, happiness, nor life have any meaning to me. I live in death and follow the way of the Shinobi." - Kain- Shadow Master and Last of the Shadow Shinobi(A now wiped out clan of Dragoons)
Zane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2004, 11:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
Before he managed to touch down safely however, he felt something pierce his skin. Then another, and another. More things pierced the night sky close to him, and somehow he was illuminated against the backdrop of a beautiful star filled night sky.

More things hit him. Arrows and crossbow bolts. Zane doesn't gracefully descend on the ground, no he plumets in a desperate fall, untill the last moment when the air around him seems to tighten and softly bring his injured body to the ground. The guards were alert for such tricks, and some had the magical means to see into the night, and cast light on the dracon to point him out to their friends. Yes, the Malicians kept a good guard.

Before Zane stood two men, one was tall and dressed in red, so much was viewable from his position on the ground by the torchlight of two others, soldiers, who stood behind them. Both of the men before him were robed.

"Interrogate him." Magnus told his apprentice before he walked away, releasing the magical bonds that held Zane in place. One of the torch carrying guards walked with him, the other stayed with Mi'keh. He wore leather armour and had a shortsword at his belt as well as a handaxe.

Six arrows had hit Zane, though none had hit any critical areas. Mostly his wings were hit though one was embedded in his left shoulder and another in his left thigh.

ooc Malice is under siege. It's not this easy to get into a city under siege with magic at it's disposal.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 7, 2004, 04:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Famous

Mi'keh Shanicra is an upstanding Citizen
OOC: Death is a friendly first warning in Malice. Lucky for you you got a second chance .

Mi'keh stared at the Dracon who landed, more like crashed, just inside the city walls. His hood on his brown robes hid his face well, and for now he decided to keep it that way, an interrogation wouldn't make him any friends and having people that tried to get into Malice know your features wasn't a healthy thing to do in the first place. Still, this person was a threat to Malice, his home, and as his master commanded him it was his duty to obey.

With a single hand under his chin, thoughtful, Mi'keh walked up a bit closer to the injured Dracon, though making sure he kept himself out of it's direct range. His steps were slow and he didn't say much. The Malician guard followed a few steps behind him and would probably report Mi'keh's actions to his master which made him even more nervous then being in a dark alley in Malice with a wounded Dracon. Still, he wasn't quite sure what to do with the poor fellow, he was to interrogate him which was something that could mean only one thing in Malice. Still, the half-Elf would like to try his own way of handling things first. Badly injured as he was the Dracon on the ground was probably not able fly very well so there was little chance that he would get away, after questioning him in the friendly way there was always time to try things the Malician way. With irons, torches, and if all failed, Dr. Fabius.

"You seem to be in a sticky situation my friend." the half-Elf said to the Dracon: "Please tell me who you are and why you came here, and above all how you got this far undetected." For as far as Mi'keh knew noone had ever made it this far without getting himself killed, he was curious at this Dracon's tale, although it was unlikely that it would save his life. Sneaking into Malice was as deadly as picking a fight with an angry group of mages, which it was, basically.
Old June 10, 2004, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Adventurer

OOC:What ever happened to the benevolent dictatior GM's like Cabbit.

"I have no name to give to the likes of thee. I only came because to me war equals work and the others seemed less than likely to hire someone than to rip their thoats out. It seems as though your no better than them." Slowly he niped the tip of his tounge with his fang and let the blood well in his mouth.
Old June 13, 2004, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Famous

OOC: They became GD .^_^.

The mysteriously clad, or so he hoped, half-Elf looked at the creature with a mixture of disgust and honest compassion. Obviously this Dracon had no idea what he had gotten himself into, had he not known where he was going?

Taking a dangerous extra step closer Mi'keh said to the Dracon, hoping that the guard behind him didn't have the best of ears. "Please, I have failed my Master twice before already." He said, thinking about both the Archmage Arachnid incident and the Paxia airship mission. "I will be forced to have some of these men get the anwsers out of you. I'd hate having to do so but I'm not going to take the blame for refusing to take an order. Afterall, if I don't do it, someone else will. So please, anwser me what you entrust me with and we can talk from there on." Mi'keh's head was working overtime, the Dracon's anwser to his first request had been quite obvious and if the reply to his last desperate plea was similar there were little ways left to get the desired anwser from him in a friendly way. Friendly being, under only the threat of both physical and magical torture for the rest of his mortal life.
Old June 14, 2004, 10:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Adventurer

"Very well," he replied sullenly. "I don't know my true name but have gone by many false name's. Call me what you like it dosen't matter to me. And it is true that I came here to look for work; I'm a mercenary you see. I also learned of a bounty hunter guild being established here and wanted to see if they had any work avalible. Look, how are you people going to win this war if you don't get some outside help. Your food will run out before you can stop the seige and I doubt that you have the men required to stop it by normal methods. So I figure with the lack of qualified spys and informents that someone of my talents could benifit quite nicely."
Old June 14, 2004, 12:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Famous

Mi'keh felt the urge to defend Malice's position in this war, but he quickly realised that there was no reason to share anything he knew with this Dracon. He wondered what his master would have done in this situation and was pleased to find an anwser to this situation this quickly. He was now determined to make himself useful and a vague plan was already in his mind. Still, a vague plan wasn't enough so he kept thinking it over as he continued to talk to the intruder. "Well then, 'Dracon', as you should have known Malice is not quite short on mercenaries, but indeed you could prove useful to my master. If you skills are what you say they are, which I doubt since you not even managed to touch the ground inside Malice." Mi'keh did not mean this to be an insult, but he wanted to make it quite obvious that the Dracon's usefulness was to be questioned. "Tell me, do you have any experience in the area of scouting and espionage?"
Old June 15, 2004, 03:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
Adventurer

"I know little enough; I can assume the form quicker than most and can bar most magics from knowing of my true self." He slowly and with obvios grace he held the sword hilt first toward the robed figure. "But this is doing very little for either of us. I will submit myself to your will, after all you seem to be at least somewhat resonable."
Old August 7, 2004, 08:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Famous

The half-Elf stared at the sword offered to him for almost a full minute before gently pushing it aside. He didn't want a part in a murder like that, and besides what was the difference if they either killed the Dracon or threw him out. It had been proven that he was unable to get into Malice succesfully so a threat he wouldn't be, and perhaps, just perhaps, he would proove to be useful.

"I will give you your first order then, as a small piece of advice I tell you that if you fail you should not return, Malice does not tolerate failure. Now then, we've seen that you are quite skilled in stealth and things alike. I hope, and suspect, that you are at least good enough to get past those Brightshadows fools out there. After having done so I want you to kill officers, kill at least 8 of them, but no more then 12. The higher their rank the better. You understand that it would not bother Malice if you died..." Finally Mi'keh felt a little sting saying this, he didn't want to send someone to his death, but anything else would result in the same, and the Dracon could not yet be trusted with intelligence assignments, "... But if you returned you would be highly appreciated. Bring back the insignia and decorations of the officers you kill and report back to me or when I'm not there and you feel some courage coming up, to master Magnus the Red. He was quite proud of himself, he had handled the situation and he had quickly gotten with a good assignment to see if this Dracon could be trusted. "You understand all this?"
Old August 16, 2004, 10:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
Adventurer

"Yes, and I shall return sucssesfully." He knew how he could kill at least five such officers already with out being seen. "I swear that you shall have their insignia before the next full moon." He begins to focus and cover his wounds with a layer of new flesh so that he might fly back out and into the feild near the enemy encampment.
"Death comes for us all. I know not for you but I will meet it with a blade in my hand and the knowledge that I have truly lived, for only in death can we know if we have ever been alive." - Ryu Ohki - Captain of the Imperial Cabbit Secret Service - Covert Ops Branch

"To bring about the new world the old must be bathed in blood. Let us pray the innocent flee this fate." -Sendo at the battle of the Dark Moon

"I am a shadow. Nether love, happiness, nor life have any meaning to me. I live in death and follow the way of the Shinobi." - Kain- Shadow Master and Last of the Shadow Shinobi(A now wiped out clan of Dragoons)