Old May 18, 2004, 12:51 PM   #1 (permalink)

Saurid Shaman

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Pescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious Superhero

The Arconian Encampment

As the Lord Protector made his way back to the encampment, there was not much to be seen. He quickly took posession of the power that he had invested in his leading officer, and then turned to Ela, Parreyon, as well as the mages once they arrived. The troops were mostly just sitting around waiting for an order, since that is all they could do. There was no rigorous training program that the daltinians were putting the arconian troops through.

In anyone's eyes, they could obviously see that Nashkel wasn't telling the truth. All these poor soldiers were doing was waiting, and hoping that their Lord Protector, Pescado, would be able to bring them back home to their homes in Arconis. That is all any arconian was hoping for at the moment. Pescado was happy that Ela would be able to see the troops in their infamous training program that involved sitting around talking, and letting their hope get the best of them.

Pescado was actually quite surprised that there had not been a rebellion, or anyone wanting to act up against the Daltinians. The only reason for that though, was because the Arconians were worn out from fighting the Orcs, and then demoralized when Nashkel took control of their city. They had no fight in them, and half of them were teenagers that had been pulled from their families to fight a war they didn't want to fight...
"Remember Us"
Avatar thanks to it's respective artist.
Pescado Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2004, 01:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Champion

Nashkel Angor is an upstanding Citizen
OOC: The Arconian soldiers are dispersed amoung the other generals, there's not currently simply arconis' troops together. They are spread out.
Old May 18, 2004, 02:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Saurid Shaman

Pescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious SuperheroPescado Branch is a glorious Superhero

OOC: Nashkel, what you should remember, is that I do have the 2000 new recruits under my command, meaning, they are the ones there. NOT the veterans, next time PM me about this instead of placing an ooc comment.
"Remember Us"
Old May 20, 2004, 10:53 AM   #4 (permalink)

Mythic

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Parreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious Superhero

OOC: Sorry for the short post. This is more to subscribe to the thread than anything. I'll further post once Elanara has made her initial reply.

Parreyon followed in step behind Elanara with Pescado, the Lord Protector of Arconis, leading the way and a group of mages from the same city in tow as well. Parreyon remained silent ready to perform whatever service Elanara asked of him. For now, though, it seemed the group was going to look at the Arconis troops and something about having them dismissed. Parreyon knew nothing of the events that had transpired within the city, but his personal feeling was that men volunteer to join the militia knowing that there could be a time when they were called upon to fight. It amazed him that a person who wished to be thane would not want his men to fight for the Governor who would be the one to make the Thane title official. Assuming that there must be something more here than meets the eye, Parreyon continued to walk in silence and observe the events that would unfold. If asked his opinion, though, he would not be afraid to express it.

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

Green is for mental communication with Praaal, Blue is regular speech.
I LOVE Reputation!

Aelyrian NaNoWriMo 2014 Word Count: 7023

Parreyon Syndicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 20, 2004, 10:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

The mages were dismayed. How could things have got to this state? Master Crotheny and Mistress Leah exchanged glances full of surprise, and even the students ceased their whispering, all their intent now focused on these their fellow Arconians. All knew at least some one who had been recruited for the fight, and now their eyes watched intently to see if any familiar faces could be seen amongst these... troops. And in their heart of hearts the young journeymen were glad that they had chosen to enter the academy, for here they saw the difference between those of special abilities and those without: the first well respected, the second mere catapult fodder.

It was a sad thing indeed... Master Crotheny's brow beetled with a sudden surge of anger, not so much at those around him as at those he had left behind who had dithered and refused to give timely aid to fellow citizens in need. Yet selfishness in these brutal times was a way to keep onself alive: and was staying alive really such a terrible motive?... the sorcerer did not have the will or the focus of mind necessary to think all these things through. He sighed deeply, and the druidess by his side echoed his sigh: and spoke.

"Mr. Branch, it seems you were not exaggerating back there in the tent as I had half hoped you were. It is good we came... forgive me, I have not yet had the chance to properly introduce myself. Mistress Leah: Governess, Lord Protector, Commander," the stately druidess nodded in turn to the three, "I am glad we came: and I am sure others might still be more glad when they are told they must come." Mistress Leah smiled beautifically, showing all her gem-white teeth.

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 01:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Champion

Elanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious Superhero

Elanara left the tent with the others, only slightly more confident in her council's plans than she had been at her arrival. It was a muddled mess - a war instigated for pride only, a war which Enamoria scarce had the energy to fight. She placed her faith in a diplomatic meeting, but did not believe it would be enough. Phedos, Orod and Diana, grant wisdom to the officers of war. It did not bode well to have so little faith in her province's ability to defend itself. ... and that is why all leaders but Nashkel, who failed to attend the meeting of the provincial council and thanes, voted not to go to war so soon, for Audrey or for any purpose...

As they made their way, Elanara explained to Parreyon why she had asked him to accompany her. "Parreyon, I am in need of your counsel, for you are a trusted friend. I would like to know what you have seen and heard, what you know -- but we will speak in private later. If you would like, go to Minith as Th'alashar requested, and meet me at the Arconisan encampment when you are finished."

"Lord Protector, can you find a suitable tent for me amongst your camp? I ask for no additional courtesy other than privacy; no extra things need be brought," she said, willing to sleep in a bedroll or on a simple cot as the others would, and not requiring special comforts that might usually be afforded to a lady of her rank. "Unless you can also help me find better clothing than this," she said with humor, gesturing towards the plain Daltinan uniform she had been given. "Women's armor and a blade, or anything that might offer me protection. I will be in need of it soon."

When they reached the encampment and the waiting soldiers, Governor Al'lende was truly speechless. Elves were often poor judges of human age, but anyone could see that half these men were not men, but boys. She had intended to try inspiring the troops to remain of their own will, but she would not convince children to march to their deaths.

"Nashkel required these boys to take arms? she asked Pescado, her voice full with quiet anger. "All recruits aged sixteen patterns and younger must be sent home, regardless of their own wishes. Recruits aged seventeen patterns may choose, but encourage them to go. The rest..." She nearly sighed. "Your older recruits -- can they be trained well enough by spring?"
Elanara Al'lende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2004, 01:38 PM   #7 (permalink)

Mythic

Parreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious SuperheroParreyon Syndicus is a glorious Superhero

So his role was that of an advisor. Parreyon was curious why she had chosen him over Arkahn but had figured it was the rank of the Tigron and his necessity within the war council. Parreyon knew his place, and the war council was not it. His rank as Captain was not earned but more of less was given to him due to the death of the Captain of The Port Alyxandryan Army. Parreyon was serving as his second in command at the time. Once back in his city, he was quite sure the title would leave his name. To find out that Elanara chose him because she trusted his opinion as a friend made him swell with pride. He would serve her as best he could and hoped not to let her down.

"As you command, Governor, I will find Seargent Minith and return to the Arconis encampment at once. Whatever you need of me, whether it be information or sword, is yours."

When Parreyon heard Elanara ask for equipement to suit her, Parreyon instantly withdrew his Elven Scimitar and handed it towards her pummel first. "Governor, this elven scimitar was given to me for my service within the Midpoint Fortress as an alyssan elite and Prefect of the militant town. It is my back up blade for I use something called a SunBlade given to me when I achieved the rank of Knight within the Imperia Order of the Suns. I would be honored if you would use it unless the Lord Protector finds something better suited to your desires."

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

I LOVE Reputation!

Old May 26, 2004, 06:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Saurid Shaman

The Lord Protector looked at Parreyon, as he offered his sword, and then he said, "Take hisssss sssssword, I sssshall find ssssome woman'ssss armor for your usssse...Asssss for the tent, you can usssse mine, for I ssssshall sssstay outssssside sssso that you may have you privacssssy..." Then he led her through the desolate camp towards his tent. It looked the same as any other tent, and had only a cot, and a bedside table in it. Definitely nothing special.

As for the new recruits who were underage, Pescado did not know an exact count of them. "Oncsssse we get an exssssact count of the men under the age of sssssixssssteen...I would apprecssssiate if I could return to Arconisssss with them...assss much assss I would love to sssstay and help out in thissss war, we have a new headmasssster of our academy, and I had told them I would arrive back intime with their children for the fessssstival...." he said to Elanara, hoping that she would accept his plea. Twas something that he wished to do greatly, but if she commanded him differently, he would obey her wishes. Right now he would just be a pawn in the hands of the Governess, or the people of his city. Whichever could win him over more would get him...
"Remember Us"
Old May 27, 2004, 08:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Champion

Elanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious SuperheroElanara Al'lende is a glorious Superhero

Elanara would not need to actually enter any tent until she was able to change into protective garments or until that darkening, when she would attempt to rest. "Thank-you, Lord Protector, but I would not want to displace you from your own tent..." she objected. It was a kind offer, but she didn't expect it; she wondered if there were no empty tents, no spares. But it was yet another unimportant detail, and she dismissed the topic.

She accepted the offered blade, taking it from Parreyon as though she knew how to handle it. Not being a complete fool, the elven lady was able to discern the hilt from the blade, but even the most basic of defense and offensive moves were beyond the boundaries of her personal knowledge. At least it would be better than nothing at all, should she have need of it.

"Thank-you," she answered her guildmate, and added the scabbard to the belt of her borrowed uniform, then sheathed the scimitar.

Then Parreyon was able to go about his other duty, and she was able to speak with Pescado in more depth. So, he, too, wished to go home? She wasn't surprised. Elanara certainly preferred to be in the comforts of her own home, and her own children had no idea where their mother had gone, or if she was returning. She had little patience or pity for the men who had been involved in this scandel all along, like Nashkel, and now wished to turn cowardly and run away.

"If you are in command of any troops here, Commander Andares will need to arrange their reassignment to another officer," she stated. The saurid apparently thought himself more politician than militant -- but, then, what was she? -- and if he wanted to go, she didn't want to keep him. It wasn't a favourable impression of him. "Go, then. A mage shall teleport a letter to the Headmaster on my behalf, for it is an issue that cannot wait upon the slow travel of many, but I would ask that you take other letters, personal missives, for me, to be sent onwards to Julianna Palace."
Elanara Al'lende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4, 2004, 07:52 AM   #10 (permalink)

Mythic

Upon seeing Elanara accept the blade and hold it ready, Parreyon bowed to the Governor slightly and left. It did him proud that he could serve her in such capacity and hoped that her need to use the weapon never arose. That would mean that Parreyon's responsibility to protect her had failed, and he could not live with that. Quickly he left the Arcnis Encampment in search of Coulter Minith ... who ever this man was.

Justicar of Arium
Slave to Jalat
Peer Mod Office

I LOVE Reputation!

Old June 7, 2004, 07:27 AM   #11 (permalink)

Saurid Shaman

OOC: Sorry I am so late at replying to this guys...

IC: Pescado looked at Ela, and then smiled gently. She would allow him to return with the young recruits that were not supposed to be here on the battlefield. This made him quite relaxed, but he knew that he had better keep himself ready for anything the Governess might ask of him. "I will take the lettersssss that you wisssssh me to Governesssss...and forward them to the Julianna Palacsssse..." he said after she had finished talking to him.

Then he quickly looked to one of the younger boys, asked him to fetch some armor for the governess, and looked back to Ela. Within moments a few suits of armor had been routed to the tent, so that Ela would have her choice in them. Most were black with green outlines, but there were a few red with grey outlines, the old arconian colors. Ela had her choice of the ones that would fit her use best. "I am very thankful that you are willing to let me take the young troopssss back to our cssssity...We owe you alot Governessss..." he said, and then made a slight bow, as well as motion for the suits of armor to be brought to her to choose from...
"Remember Us"