Old January 7, 2004, 07:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Hazbones is an upstanding Citizen

Eye Ball Haz (Ogrim) meeting with Magnus (orders)

Haz rode through the gates of Malice. His mare's hooves clumped upon the street. Ogrim and the SHC Loyal Guard rode in a formation close by Haz. The orc twisted his head from side to side looking for someone to point Haz toward Magnus. Though the city was bustling with activity, Haz stood ready to stop anyone that might look like they knew where to find him.

(OOC: OGrim is with Haz)
Old January 7, 2004, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Ogrim is an upstanding Citizen
As they passed through the gates, again Ogrim and the Rog Shati fell in behind Hazbones in formation. The hooves of the groups horses clattered along the main road and kicked up a small cloud of dust and dislodged dirt or other rubish flew from the horses, the ride had been hard and the Orcs had not had time to groom their horses. Unbeknownst to Ogrim, the Krual wanted to speak to the red robed leader of Malice, Magnus. Still, Ogrim rode along with Haz, it was his duty.
Old January 8, 2004, 10:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
Magnus stopped them, for he waited on the orcs. Troops were gathering to his banner even with the attempted blockade from the fool Nashkel.

"Serale, Hazbones and the skullhammer clan!" Magnus said, eager to add more troops to his banner.

"Good of you to come."
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8, 2004, 10:20 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hero

The quick arrival of Magnus surprised Haz. The orc looked at the robed man and gave the SHC salute.

"SHC stand ready ta defend der camp an' Malice. Hazbones gather 'bout 230 warriors. Not many but better skill din shara army out der in camps."

Haz looked back at Ogrim and his loyal guard as he spoke of the clan's skill. "Haz got worg riders an' force ta give battle to da shara. Ju give Hazbones da orders an' SHC go ta fight." Haz looked to Ogrim again to ensure they felt ready for battle. "Haz tink SHC can skirmish da army out der ta bring back report on enemy strength. Ju give word an' Haz do dat."

Haz stopped and realized the eagerness of his words. His orc side had taken over and the thirst for blood was begining to show. However, Magnus would surely appreciate a better report of the forces massed against him. Haz waited for his orders.
Old January 10, 2004, 07:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
"Yes; a scouting party would be essential; I would like to know their plans; We know they've got about twenty-thousand troops amassed against us, but not their plans; A direct assault would prove catastrophe for them, and I'm sure they know so Hazbones." Magnus knew the orc was smarter then average orcs, that's why he selected him to position himself close to the important sites.

"Have your troops construct some more traps as well trenches which will lead troops into ambush; but don't dig too deep; tunnels are beneath all camps; filled with monstrosities."
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10, 2004, 01:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Haz tapped his chest and turned about on his heel the way he did while in the Alyssan. As he began to walk back toward the Malice gate, he continued to speak as he looked over his shoulder.

"Haz send da Black Smoke worg riders out ta gader intel on shara army. Maybe bloody axe a bit ta test shara skill an' fight strength."

Entrenchment
The orc trailed off into the crowds of people moving here and there. Back at the orc camp, Haz gathered all available orcs and sent his 65 goblins out to begin construction of the trenches. Haz did not build a trench between Malice West wall and the army now camped nearby. Instead, his goblins dug ambush pits from the wall out to 200 yards. These holes were shallow and only deep enough to allow a soldier to lay in them and cover himself with some form of camoflage. This would hopefully lure enemy forces close to the wall and then the warriors could spring out of their holes within the enemy lines for complete surprise.

The trenches the goblins did construct were only deep enough to hide a soldier standing up, from the chest down. There were a series of three trenches. One trench was built from each of the northwest and southwest corners of the Malice stone walls. They ran diaginal northeastward (from the north side) and southeastward (from the south side) out to a point 300 yards. Each 300 yard end of the trench was capped with a watch tower. The third trench ran north and south, vertical to the East wall of Haz's own orc camp, which was defending the East side (rear approaches) of Malice. The trench was the same depth as the others but only 100 yards away from the small hill of the orc camp to allow defenders from the small hill to support any assault on the trench.

There was a gap between the North and South trench watchtowers and the third trench to the East. In these two large gaps of about a few hundred yards, more pittraps were built. Spike pits, thorn vines, and ambush holes were scattered all throught the gaps. The large and small hills of the SHC camp, and the walls and towers of Malice themselves were all within range of the trenches to allow support in any direction. At a point about 200 yards in front of the North and South trench watchtowers, Haz planned to station ambush/ skirmish troops to give early warning of any forces moving into a position to attack the gaps between the trenches.

This was the best a bunch of non engineer goblins and orcs could do. Orcs were good miners naturally but did not know trench constructing to well. With Haz's guidance and prior human military service, he had learned a few engineering tricks that allowed this construction to be sucessful. After the trenches were built, and the troops in place, Haz gathered his forces, geared up, and headed out to the enemy encampments.

(OOC: I hope I didn't bunny doing this but I thought I'd help you out by describing the trench layouts. Should I create the thread for the skirmish and one for the recon or do you want to get those going? I don't want to mess up anyone's prior plans)