Old January 6, 2004, 08:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mythic

Pirvan Kaldres is an upstanding Citizen
Rebirth of an Alliance

After walking past the idiotic guards at the gate Madrik had stopped and looked around, Pirvan had told him not to really expect to be shown to Magnus that the guards were mroe concerned with what happened if they did interrupt the man than if they didn't, unless of course they knew you were important.

Walking a little down the road before him, Madrik stopped and then grubmled about what he had to do, he didn't like magic and he didn't like calling out to people who were not seen. Pirvan had told him to call for the mage, but that sounded so ludacris that he hated it all the more.

Spitting on the floor Madrik looked abour and bellowed out. "Magus or Magnus, ye know who ye be! De red one!"
Old January 6, 2004, 10:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
Eye Ball

"yes, loudmouth defiler?" Magnus' voice came from behind Madrik. The red robed wizard stood there, as if he had crept from a shadow. His red face was half hidden under his hood as he questioned the man.

"What seems to be your problem?" Magnus was considering vapourizing this upstart; spitting inside a house, screaming, paying no respect; Lucky for Madrik that Magnus was indeed a very calm person, and always keen to what kind of worthless mumbo the important-feeling guests had to spill.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7, 2004, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mythic

Jumping at the voice behind him Madrik spun around and grumbled but knew well enough to hold his tounge on any smart remarks or comments.

Clearing his throat Madrik nodded. "Red One, DarkHawk sent me to see how things were going with ye. He is back in Centripax and wanted to assure that an alliance between the two of ye were still alive, as long as ye agree. He would'a come he self but some last miniute events took him away."

Shrugging Madrik took a step back slightly he didn't like magic and he sure didn't like being too close to those that used it, but he needed to be close enough as Magic could reach him form far, his axe probably couldn't do the same.
Old January 10, 2004, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

"Send him this; if you manage to make your way through the Enamorian troops; Malice is fine; Markets are open and prospering; However; siege is underway, send troops or goods." Magnus gave a short answer really; but then he touched the fellow before him; He didn't like to, but he had to.

"Bye." he simply said and Madrick found himself once more in Centripax, right in front of Pirvan; whatever he was doing at the time.
Old January 11, 2004, 07:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mythic

Madrik nodded as he recieved the message. He couldn't do much more, Malice was under siege? He had just travelled here. Or had he been enclosed by the mass Enamorian Army coming for Malice, he didn't know much about this Malice or Magnus as he had been with the Claw after Pirvan had really made an alliance with them, but it seemed as if they were in trouble and would need aid.

Grumbling at the fact that he would have to manuever his way though throngs of troops didn't sit well with him. But as he was about to say a bye of his own he was gone. Grapping at his axe Madrik spun around and then he relaxed. "I hate them damn magic users I do, likes I tell ye, don't ye ever get de idea ta be sendin me back to any of um!" With that Madrik gave his brief report and went about his duties. Leaving Pirvan standing there with a problem at his hands.
Old January 20, 2004, 10:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Quote:
The Black Stallion that rode up to Fort Forsaken was followed by five other steads, one belonging to Duncan Sythe.

To Pirvan the man was a mix between Vyssie and Human, though he didn't honestly kno and never really asked it was simply a personal joke to himself. He had white here and psionic blue eyes, a combination that Pirvan had never seen on any Human around his age. But it didn't matter, Duncan was a powerful asset and to Pirvan an associate he wouldn't mind making a friend.

The drawbridge was down, and in the courtyard stood two hundred and twenty five men at attention, and two conversing at the site. Pirvan had sent runners to let his Commanders know that he was coming, to ready the troops.

Duncan, Madrik, Shadows and two other Claws accompanied Pirvan into the fort, those first three as well as the two Commanders would make up the War Council, because that’s where they were going… to war. Not their own personal war but Daltina was marching upon Malice and Magnus had asked for aide, being a long time ally and supporter of The Jaded Claw, Pirvan responded.

“Commander Darkstrand & Jordache if everything is set let us be off, we have no time for delay.”

Everything was indeed set and after brief introductions of the two commanders to the rest of the council they were off headed towards Malice.
Thankfully Malice was not far from Zerdargia, and Fort Forsaken even more south of Zerdargia was closer, so hopefully the march would be short and they wouldn't have to come upon a destroyed Malice.

Pirvan riding next to Duncan turned his head to face him. "Mr. Talented, do you think that when we get closer to Malice you could get through the Daltina troops and into Malice, letting our associate in trouble know of our coming presence...?"

OOC: Rather than create a new thread I thought it easier to use this one, 231 Mercs including myself and Duncan just left Fort Forsaken thats south west of Zerdargia in the Dolwoods, and we are headed towards Malice.
Old January 20, 2004, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Former Staff

'sgood I'm overseeing it
Old January 25, 2004, 05:38 AM   #8 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Duncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious Superhero

This was going to be fun…get into a city surrounded by troops, there was a first time for everything after all and Duncan so far hadn’t picked how he was going to do it. Invisibility, Illusion, non-corporeal or another one, there lay the four questions, he was mainly blighted by the mysterious fourth question, the fact he continually seemed to get headaches when he finished using a spell didn’t help matters but if he did keep recasting and letting the spell drift instead of concentrating on it then he should manage to drift through the lines using one method or another, killing people wasn’t on his to-do agenda but he did need to find an easy way into Malice.

“I can try.”

Was all the Mystic said in reply, looking ahead of him and shaking his head, why? Why was he here? He didn’t even bother to answer the question this time, there wasn’t much point any more. So far though he’d opted, as he often did, for option five, temptation and bribery, any man was susceptible and Duncan’s classic philosophy was to never use magic unless he needed to, this held true now especially, still he did need some help from Pirvan which he was sure the man could provide and magic might make things faster and easier.

For the first plan was simply to approach and try and contact someone within the city via his magical skills, the second plan was this: To head into the largest camp, the Daltinian forces from what he’d heard, and ply his ‘trade’ as a merchant man, bribe his way past the guards and seep into the camp, just another one of the thousands of independent ‘merchants’ who would be providing goods and… ‘services’ to an army like this one, he somehow didn’t think one single man entering would be a problem and getting Pirvan’s men into Malice wasn’t his problem, he was just bringing the message that Pirvan wanted to help.

“Firstly though I need some of those valuable items I asked you to bring – valuable to soldiers that is – and it helps to know who I want to talk to when I get inside. How I get there isn’t something you need to worry about except I’ll need a few items to do it, when I’m in though…well, I’ll get you your transport, I’m sure there’s a few mages in there working for the government.”

The Mystic commented wryly, shifting his horse as he continued to look at the sight ahead of him, Pirvan would know what he meant, some jewels, some crowns, some ‘assets’ a man like Pirvan would no doubt have some available, fortunately for Pirvan it wasn’t money Duncan was going to keep so he wasn’t going to overcharge, still unfortunately his lack of loyalty to anything in particular meant Pirvan couldn’t really rely on Duncan too much to be completely loyal, after all there were no ties if Pirvan provided to be an idiot.

Still he waited patiently for a reply, his eyes however looking elsewhere, he was dressed in his normal garb somewhere between a merchant and a flashy mercenary, a heavy black traveling cloak with a green dyed woolen lining, a green doublet and black pants with a pair of belts, one new and one an old swordsman’s belt completed that aspect of things. A heavy woolen scarf was wrapped around the Psionic blue eyed mans neck and his extremely white hair was long, down to his neck at the back and dripping over his eyes in places at the front, at his left hip lay a Katana, another wrapped in cloth by his right leg under the stirrup along with his other items inside the saddlebags, as dumb as it was Duncan had practically all he owned on him, at least it made him look like a merchant.

While he waited though he removed the Katana sheath from his hip, removing a large, torn scrap of simple black fabric from one of his earlier cloaks from a saddlebag and proceeding to wrap the weapon inside it, he then removed some twine and an unused small belt, going about the procedure of tying it to his riding equipment under his left leg, leaving the cloth sparce at the forward facing hilt, deep enough to cover the weapon and make it possible to mistake it for something else…like a cloth bundle, but light enough so that he could lean down and pull the sword free of the scabbard if need be.

Meephos' Moriarty (Patent Pending)

CIR SoF
"A problem is only a problem if I can't handle it."

Last edited by Duncan Sythe; January 25, 2004 at 05:42 AM.
Duncan Sythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2004, 06:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mythic

Pirvan simply nodded, he knew Duncan had some powers at his disposal that would help him get inside and get word to Magnus that was all that he needed, he was still getting to know Duncan so he would ask nothing of the man to heavily.

"Magnus, a Master Sorcerer is the person in charge in Malice, there may be others but thats my contact. I know that once I say his name within the gates of Malice he will come to me, so once inside you can do that, or whatever means you come up with."

Pirvan called up Madrik who rode up slowly he was riding along side another person and between them they carried a chets. Unstrapping the chest harnest from between the two horses, they set it upon the floor and opened it. Inside were crowns, jewels, expensive silks, and an ornamental knife and dagger. Pirvan looked at it and simply nodded at Duncan. He could only wait now.
Old January 25, 2004, 06:49 AM   #10 (permalink)
Former Staff

Labyrinth is an upstanding Citizen
OOC: Wrong account, please delete.
Labyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2004, 06:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Duncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious SuperheroDuncan Sythe is a glorious Superhero

Duncan dismounted and pulled a backpack from one of his saddlebags, into it he put the dagger and knife – carefully wrapped – along with a selection of jewels and some of the crowns, he didn’t even think he’d need that if things went according to plan but you could never tell, therefore Duncan planned ahead and packed the backpack, now full of money and items, back into a saddlebag, remounting and nodding to Pirvan.

“If I’m not back within a couple of brightenings, assume I’m dead.”

He said frankly, turning and trotting off at a steady but not too speedy pace towards the city proper. Regardless of what side he ended up approaching from Duncan stopped as soon as he could make out the army, dismounting and moving towards a stand of trees or a outcropping of rocks, somewhere he could hunker down for a while during his attempt at the ‘easy’ method of informing Malice of what was going on. Once there he removed a small stake from his pack, trying to hammer it into the ground and tying his horse to it to keep her from wondering off, then he moved over to a quiet spot and sat down.

The initial bit of this was practiced ease as far as Duncan was concerned, Meditation was something he’d done so many times he was confident of doing it in his sleep, he’d done it during fights, after headaches and while being attacked by fireballs so doing it in a nice quiet location was easy. He sought out the blackness in the centre of his mind, that circular void that he visualized and then expanded to cover all things, then refilled the void with a few key ‘notes’ on what he was planning to do before closing his eyes and concentrating, trying to shift his view to that of the Essence Plane where he could pull out Psionic Ara via focusing and channeling to generate a flowing portion of the strange substance to mix with his Vis and form mana.

If Duncan got this far he’d then have the basic requirements for the attempt, next came casting. This process would either it seemed become a simple one stage one, or two stage, or two stage and useless, it depended on how things went. If the person in charge of Malice was a Master Sorcerer then it was possible Duncan would be able to quite simply locate him and that would be that, if he wasn’t casting at the moment though then things became more difficult.

Firstly Duncan worked on the spell, Astral Trancendence, imbuing his form with Psionic mana carefully divined to sap his own Psionic energy into it, creating a ‘vessel’ that would then smoothly be attracted to the air, escaping away from Duncan’s own body – in theory at least – if this part of the spell succeeded Duncan’s Astral form would take flight, heading towards the city of Malice as fast as possible, never the less taking in the situation below him as he went, searching the city for large volumes of Arcana that might indicate a lot of mages or for a large building that would classify as the headquarters of the city, whatever it might be.

If he found something like that Duncan would head towards it, searching out Mages within to hopefully locate, if not Magnus himself, then another high level Magi that would be able to transfer his message.

CIR SoF
Old January 25, 2004, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Former Staff

Duncan's spell worked fine; Quickly he felt himself as if only composed of ara and he floated up, up into the nights sky. The perspective of a bird was beautifull, especially on a clear winter's night as this one was.

The troops could be seen as spots of ara carefully arranged between the trees of the forest. Nearly none of them had any increased amount of energy, as a magic-user would have; meaning that there weren't any skilled ones out there; save for one. It was a giant, obviously, for his body was large. It possessed quite some energy; but apperently it was locked; Duncan couldn't seem to feel it as good as he could the others, it was being repressed or something.

Then, the orcs, quick flowing bits of arcane energies as they moved about. Underneath them though, Duncan could make out lots of people, standing at attention, unmoving, unwavering. They had energy in them, lots of it, much more than a regular man had; and yet they seemed not to use it, it didn't fluctuate at all. Legions it seemed of cramped together men; standing perfectly still.

Then the inner city; the fortress itself was sprawling with people of all amounts of energy; some of them had lots, others almost none; A few more of the rigid people seemed to be there. Lots of the arcane was moving to and fro it seemed, things were being arrayed.

Then, there were three dots of energy; each of them about as large as he was; Skilled masters they must've been, practiced and experienced. One seemed to notice him; He felt a message in his mind; The source, deep deep in the bowels of Malice itself, working expansive magics it seemed; contacted him as a mystic.

Identify yourself The message was short and clear; it didn't contain any hostility, but it wasn't an open invitation to bring the party with him or anything either.

The blob of Ara that had send the message completed some of his expansive magics and transfered quite some of his magic into a previously unseen force. Some sort of inidentiviable object.
Old January 26, 2004, 08:47 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mythic

Pirvan nodded to Ducan once more chuckling at his comment that was as true as any the man made. Taking a deep breath Pirvan turned to his Commanders and simply nodded. They knew what to do, they had to wait, all of them. So they broke formation and made a tight knit camp. Sentries were posted up and everyone was just waiting, often the hardest thing to do when going to battle...
Old January 27, 2004, 10:32 AM   #14 (permalink)
Eternal

Well, interesting, it seemed Malice wasn’t as defenseless as Duncan had been led to believe, whether he’d tell Pirvan or let him find out for himself…Duncan didn’t really know, he was here to make his own decisions not help Pirvan make his, the wealthy man could dally in war all he liked and Duncan was quite happy to help him get there because it gave him an excuse, he wasn’t going to provide bodyguard services though.

As he’d traveled the Mystic had seen much, some in little detail, other parts very obvious, the giant had given him pause for thought but then he’d seemed to be bound in some way so…perhaps not so much thought, inside the city though and through the Orcish camps had been more interesting, clearly an awful lot of organization was going into the cities side of things and although Duncan’s experience with the military was…well, not grand even though it was probably fairly reasonable, he could see things were not going to be easy on either side, not that Duncan knew what either side was planning…yet.

When the mind touched Duncan’s though he was momentarily surprised, even though he really shouldn’t have been, to find another Mystic – or at least another mage with a variation of telepathy – it certainly saved him the trouble of contacting people, he could say that much for it.

I am Duncan Sythe, I bear a message I was asked to deliver from one Pirvan Kaldres for Magnus. Duncan began to formulate in his mind as a reply, the wording careful to indicate he wasn’t Pirvan’s lackey. He brings over 200 men to aid Magnus, they wait to the North of the city for a means to enter.

There was no sense in lying about a name, Duncan Sythe was hardly notorious except in a few circles and a name was a name, it could be changed and replaced as well as a face could, so the Mystic waited for a reply, calmly taking in what was around him, admittedly curious about the mechanics behind the Malice defenses.

CIR SoF
Old January 29, 2004, 03:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

Duncan felt the other mind prodding him, searching through the confines of his own mind. This mystic was certainly strong, but Duncan was stronger. No secrets were open for the other, only some truthful things he didn't mind sharing in the first place.

"Magnus knows." The mind replied to Duncan's message, and it seemed less interested in Duncan for the moment/

Afloat where he was, Duncan could see a trail of energy; strange it was and it traveled through Malice, to outside it, into the air, where he was. It evaporated there, in mid-air, but some of it backtracked to the source, which Duncan could now more clearly define. He was certainly another Mystic, and the ease with which he completed his spells made him quiver; He was at least as powerful as Duncan, or very experienced in utilizing his magics.

"Let Pirvan move his troops half a mile closer and six miles to the east; There someone will greet him." The mind dislodged himself from Duncan, but somewhere in Malice, a spot seemed to move. It was fairly small, a magic-user but a weak one. Perhaps merely an initiate or apprentice; such low levels were hard to distinguish from such a distance. It moved through the throngs of silent specks, purposely. Perhaps someone to open a gate or something. He'd better get back to Pirvan.