Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Enamoria > Malice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 6, 2003, 03:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
Eye Ball Pit of Pain -The True Art of Zinn'Ka

Somewhere in the deep hollow of the many cyclopean passages Malice contained there was a grunting audiable. A frustrated, heavy grunting. When one took his ear somewhat closer, listened more carefully, he could perceive the sounds better. Someone was panting very heavily.

This person was the Master. He called himself that, because he felt he had no equal, he was the best; The most skilled, the one true champion; According to him, none could match him in his chosen skill, none could defeat him in combat, armed or unarmed. He perceived himself as the ultimate pinnacle of Shaaasskah evolution.

And he was training. He was always training, perfecting his body, his mind, his skills even more. His lifestyle consisted of little more, untill the masters of Malice had a special assignment for him. He hated his masters, but he knew there was little he could do about them, they would know the instance he moved against him, and forcefully destroy him with their foul curses and hexes. So he trained. He never trained hard, because there was no alternative to giving everything you've got. And when there's but one side of something, there also is no scale, no light equals no darkness.

The human trained in his hewn pit, he practiced his moves timelessly and seamlessly, knowing every single movement by heart, and having perfect control over it. But, the masters of Malice had set him free; Allowed him to teach others his art, so that other teachers in the land, did not corrupt his most beautifull art. That others, with different, with foul, inescapably moralistic mindsets ignored the one and true purpose; To become the one.

He hadn't spread the word much, but some of the guards had overheard him, and this meant that, with the fluency with which the coin in Malice moved, the information was almost common knowledge. Still he had no apprentice, none dared approach, and the orcs he had tried to train earlier were all too dumb to understand the intricate movements.

For now, he was satisfied training alone.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 5, 2003, 11:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle is an upstanding Citizen
UraiŽ had been wandering about throughout the many passages of the corrupted city known as Malice. It was her intentions to always know of her surroundings, and so thus she searched memorizing every detail in every turn in every hallway.
Throughout she wandered, her demeanor nonchalant, as if one would think she had lived here most of her life.

Every now and again however she heard a voice, or more of an vocal exertion.
This had puzzled her in the slightest, for it had seemed she had still more ground to cover. It wasn't that she cared of from which the source came, it was that she was somewhat frustrated with herself that she couldn't find such a easy target.

Then the vocalizations suddenly began to grow in volume, it was obvious she was getting closer to the source. UraiŽ continued onward until she was certain of the source.

It was there in the hewn pit that the vocalisations had come. UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle watched as she stood in any shadows available, as the man in the center preformed at an style of fighting she had never seen before.
It was obvious that whomever he was he knew his art well, sparring with such a mortal would have a bitter ending.
This was worth searching throughout for, this had been worth the find.
UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle watched intently, wrapped about in her cloak as the man in the hewn pit proved his wrath. He seemed angry too a degree, and in many ways UraiŽ agreed with him, though she knew not of that for the reasons for anger.

Last edited by UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle; December 8, 2003 at 11:59 AM.
UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8, 2003, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Though she did know her own, that of the reasons for the pitiful state in which the world had been consumed. There was no way around the mortal of flesh, it was a way of life one of which there seemed no meaning.
"Only the strong should survive, when the weak should perish."
Then why was it that so many, so many from that of the weak flourished throughout the world. For it was from that of her perspective that the weak and submissive seemed to dominate these lands. She had been made sick of this.

It was then when she was about to leave when UraiŽ came to a sudden thought.
This man from whom ever he was, was well practiced in his art, thus he knew well, both the strength and control of body and mind. It is these that make those that are weak into those that are counted among the strong.
Who this man was made no difference to UraiŽ, it was the knowledge that he possessed that drew her to him, or rather drew her to the art from which he made his practice.

UraiŽ stepped from without the shadows, her arms positioned one over the other and her head slightly raised as she called to the man within the hewn pit.

"You there! It is obvious to me that you know your art well. Perhaps I might enquire to the whereabouts of your master?
If it is none you have then might I enquire to the whereabouts to that of your apprentice? For I am curious to as how you learned your practice."

Last edited by UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle; December 8, 2003 at 12:33 PM.
Old December 8, 2003, 02:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

The human stopped mid move. He took his time to return to a normal posture. Before he was fully ready, he hadn't even glanced at Uraie, nor expressed any emotion.

"What is it to you, moriquendi?" He asked, his voice heavily laden with slow, dreadening spite. He was definetly angry about something. He didn't seem the sensitive type to go and cry on her shoulder though.

He was definately human, but his skin was horribly scarred, and it could only be guessed why he wore a putrid yellow facial mask which hid everything below his eyes. The rest of his black clothing was loose, and covered most of him, save for his arms. Even his head was covered entirely by the black cloth, except for the face, though it was hidden behind his mask.

His arms were taped in, with white bandages, and bore many scars that were immediatly noticable, even to a casual observer. His musculature betrayed the amount of time he spend doing physical exercises as incredibly large.
Old December 10, 2003, 11:07 AM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

UraiŽ weighed her words carefully, this was not a man that she would want to anger anymore than that from which he already was.

She paused a moment, arms still one over the other, and head lifted.
"I wish to learn of such a style of combat, do you teach?"

She said standing strait and still, as if an iron pole with its base set deep into a hard surface of cold earth, a face just as cold and emotionless as her stance.

Last edited by UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle; December 12, 2003 at 02:01 PM.
Old December 15, 2003, 10:59 AM   #6 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

The man snorted in disdain. "No." He turned his back to her and resumed his pose.

"I will not teach anyone just like that." He resumed his round, acting as if he hadn't been disturbed by the moriquendi.

"Bring me a token of your determination. Then I will teach." He had stopped for a second, after showing some moves to her. He only glanced her sideways to tell her this, but it seemed as if he took careful note of the aspiring Zinn'ka artist.
Old December 15, 2003, 12:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

UraiŽ's eyes thinned to mere slits, allowing only a little of the florescent red of her pupils to show through beneath the brim of her hat.
She thought a moment, keeping to her position, and then asked.

"How much?"

Last edited by UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle; December 18, 2003 at 02:38 PM.
Old December 20, 2003, 11:20 AM   #8 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

"MONEY?!" The man stopped immediatly and turned to Uraie. "You think I can be easely bribed by monetary means?!" He came towards her, showing his impressive size; he walked slowly determined and definetly very angry.

"Money means nothing to me. What I need, I take, nothing can stop me; I have no desire for money!" He was red in the face, or at least, the area around his eyes which was visible.

"Go, Go and stay gone untill you present to me a token of your true determination!"

He stood nose to nose with Uraie, and looked down into her eyes with almost a white hate. He was definetly controlling himself with definate ease.
Old December 22, 2003, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Citizen

"No." She said, as she stood stairing calmly into the face of the enraged demon before her. "Not money, blood."
Old January 4, 2004, 04:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Former Staff

The raging human stopped, taken aback by the womans bravado.

For a moment it seemed he was contemplating how horribly he would destroy this wretch that made itself to be his opponent. However, he soon changed his disposition and extended a hand towards the moriquendi elf.

"You have shown bravery, resoluteness and determination; Three important charasteristics for a true master of Shaaaskah; You will need not to make a sacrifice; it will all be done for you during the course of the training, in which I will take you on both a spiritual as well as a physical journey to the heart of all being."

He shifted position again, very carefully but with extreme grace; It was her elven senses that made Uraie aware of these shifts; If she had been a human, he would've been standing completely still.

"What made you so determined? This is all I ask; This is what i need to know before I adopt yourself to be my only apprentice."
Old January 5, 2004, 01:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

UraiŽ took note of the fine shifts within the masters miniscule movements.
"I wished not only to find a true art, but a true master, one worthy of my dedication."

She still stood strait and still, however still aware of any movement of limb from the master, unsure of what things might take place in moments from now.
Old January 6, 2004, 09:53 AM   #12 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

"well enough." The master said.

"Sit down, and I will start your teaching by telling you of the philosphy behind Shaaasskah, the only perfect way to live your life ." He squatted down, into a tailoring position.

When Uraie had joined him on the sandy ground, he began his tale.

"The source of all is chaos; unpredictability; Therefore, it is the most powerful, it created all." He looked at his student, to see if the girl showed interest in the philosophicial side of the Shaaasskah.

"Therefore, when we want to defeat an opponent we must be unpredictable. This means our strikes must come from everywhere, so that our opponent cannot block our strikes. To strike from all places, one must move around, incredibly fast. Shaaasskah therefore teaches the student various acrobatic jumps, which in effect can be utilized as attacks immediatly." He thought for a second as what to say next but quickly continued.

"In shaaasskah, all your moves can be attacks; When you block, you attack. When you dodge, you attack, when you reposition yourself, you attack. This hail of assaults will keep an opponent on the defensive, so he will quickly be defeated."

He got up, and motioned for his student to do so as well.

"To properly execute all these attacks; you'll need to learn two stanches, the forward stance and the squat stance; We will start with the stance that will be most important for you in the beginning; The forward stance."

He stood, foots next to each other and arms to his side.

"Follow me." He said, slowly manouvring his body. First, his right feet was put one half step forward, and his knee was slightly put to the inside.

"Keep your chest facing forward, and keep about eight tenths of your weight on your last leg. " He then hefted his arms, his right forwards and his left behind it, just below his face.

"don't put your hands up too high; If you block a punch to strong for you; it will hit your face through your block;"
Old January 9, 2004, 01:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Citizen

UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle positioned herself just ahead of the master, the ever present emotionless mask still upon her face.

She then positioned her right foot a half step forward with her knee slightly turned inward. Situating herself quickly, UraiŽ balanced upon her back leg and still left just enough on the front to help maintain her step.
After accomplishing this she turned forward leaving her chest strait and flat.
UraiŽ FŠthrŽlle then lifted her arms, one hand right before the other her fingers in a curl.

After going through all the moves she kept silent, her face still a mask of calm as she waited for either more instruction or judgement.
Old January 10, 2004, 07:03 AM   #14 (permalink)
Former Staff

The master pushed her and she fell.

The ground was strewn with sand, but beneith it, was a heavy layer of rock hard rock. The cave had been hewn out of the stony ground. It hurt a lot, the unexpected fall, though his push wasn't hard.

"Too much leaning, no balance." the Shaaasskah master proclaimed of the moriquendi.

"Balance is key to our art; I will teach you proper balance and control, if you manage to control our philosophy as well." He stood towering above her; commenting on her positioning.

"You also curled your hands; don't do it. Leave your palms open; you can grab and block better with open palm when you have manipulation of your fingers. You can always curl your fingers when you submit to punching." He walked away, leaving her to pick herself from the ground.

Quickly he returned, he had gone just outside and came with three bowls and a jar.

"You must stand with both legs apart; and crouch a little; as if you were sitting on an invisible chair, except your legs are about two feet apart. Then, spread your arms. This exercise will be about balance; once you've mastered this, your stances will be easy."

Some steam seemed to come from the jar; this didn't sound too well.
Old January 20, 2004, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

ooc: I apologize for my absence

UraiŽ quickly got to her feet as the master brought before her the bowls and a jar. Upon noticing the steam she made no reaction, obviously failure in this particular test would mean a certain amount of pain. Realizing this, though with no sign upon her face, inwardly she laughed.
Testing was a method of proving ones worth, however if a test had no consequence to failing then the failure would be equal to that if they had passed. A test with consequence was truly a worthy test, especially with ones where pain was involved. If UraiŽ failed this test, the pain would be deserved.