Old May 2, 2002, 11:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Former Staff

Apophis is an upstanding Citizen
Eye Ball Tobias and Devyn - Report.

OOC jNo training for TOBIAS at least. Taking Rapier classes and leaving me here WITHOUT PMing BACK.

IC

After a few days in Malice the routine became quite boring for the brother sister pair. They were lucky however, to have been noticed by Magnus. The third day they were stuck here, he came round. Magnus was one of the highest ranking people here in Malice, and whatever he did, it was bound to be important.

The Red Man, as he was often called by the soldiers who seemed to be always around, didn't bother to knock and just opened the door.

"You two, get packed and ready for a journey." He commanded. The message sounded foreboding, but commands like these, if followed through, are the ones the road to succes is paved with. Especially when they came from influentual characters like Magnus.

This journey could prove to be very interesting.

"Bring weapons, if you haven't got them, you can visit the armoury, but I demand to see you in the courtyard within half an hour! Wear black cloaks and rations." That said, magnus retreated from the newly recruited pair's room leaving them in bewilderment.
Apophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2002, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Tobias Tudeski is an upstanding Citizen
OOC Im not sure if Devyn is still playing or not, I will talk to her on MSN next time I see her. As for the the training, I thought I had PM'ed you, but I guess not.

IC

Tobias stood, confused, as Magnus made his departure. He had only been with Malice for a few days, and already he was being sent on a mission? Tobias was anything but excited. This could leave to death or something worse, he imagined. But if Magnus, the Red Man, was ordering them to, they had no choice in the matter. His longsword was secure at his hip, and a kite shield on his back within minutes of his orders. He rummaged around a bit in his pack, and found a folded black cloak, along with a cycles worth of rations. Being prepared always helped. With the cloak on, his weapons and shield hidden beneath it, he made his way to the Courtyard to meet with Magnus. What awaited him next was anyones guess.

Tobias Tudeski
CIR
Tobias Tudeski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

OOC Im still trying to get a hold of Devyn, but still no luck. My guess is that she isn't playing anymore, but who knows, she might be. Anyways, I will keep you updated.
Old May 6, 2002, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

Good. waiting for Serion. Need more Pc's in a thread for more fun.
Old May 6, 2002, 02:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

OOC Ok. If Serion and I are ready, and I still have not heard from her, I guess we should go without her.
Old May 7, 2002, 03:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Prince of Lies™

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Serion D'Rinishad is a malevolent Minion

Serion made his way to the courtyard, his no-longer enchanted [i]Cloak of Shadows[i] billowing behind him. His mithril chain shirt shined as the moriquendi took expert care of it, and his twin enchanted short swords hung from his sides in their scabbards.

The Necro-Warrior looks at Tobias, a glimer of recognition flickering in his silver eyes as he tries to recall where he'd seen that face before.

No matter, Serion thinks to himself. If he's here it's by Magnus' summoning.

Approaching Tobias, Serion quickly gets an appraisal of his equipment, then gives his charismatic half smile as he bows regally.

"The name's Serion...of the House D'Rinishad. Who might I have the honor of making my acquaintance?"

Will be MIA for several days. I apologize for any threads I miss.

Serion D'Rinishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2002, 08:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

Tobias studied Serion as he approached. As of date, he could not recall ever meeting the man or seeing him around Malice. Perhaps he was another adventurer rounded up by the guards and patrols, or perhaps he had volunteered for the ranks. Tobias didn't know, nor did he care. At his hip was a longsword, made of steel. At his other hip was an exotic rapier, the blade matching the scabbard in brilliance. It to was made of steel. His body supported light leather armor, with several areas needing repair. His eyes studided the mithril chainmail. Tobias was not impressed. "Tobias Tudeski. Warrior. I see you wear chainmail made with the rare metal, mithril. Does this make you feel safe? If anything, I would think it makes your life more dangerous. Such objects are well saught after. But are you good enough to take down anyone who might desire that armor for themselves, or are you just stupid enough to boast about it in public. I guess we shall see soon enough." The words came out quickly, but not with any hint of anger. It was more like a provoking question, to see how this Serion would respond.

Tobias Tudeski
CIR
Old May 7, 2002, 09:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

Prince of Lies™

Serion smiles at Tobias' comments. "I would give you the opportunity to test my abilities, but it seems Master Magnus has his uses for you."

As he speaks he draws his mithril blades, both which glow an eerie green. "Most people that come to kill for my mithril soon learn that my mithril kills back."

Weighing the balance of his swords he then sheaths them. "C'mon Magnus! Just because you can't teleport anymore doesn't mean you can't be timely!"

Old May 8, 2002, 09:29 AM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Tobias sighs at Serion. "Those are indeed pretty toys. Since we will be partners, or at least accompany each other, I just hope you know how to use them. Rest assured, you need not worry about my abilities." Tobias shifts positions with his feet, awkwardly awaiting the arrival of Magnus, the Red Man.

Tobias Tudeski
CIR
Old May 9, 2002, 09:49 PM   #10 (permalink)

Prince of Lies™

Serion arches his eyebrow at Tobias, and lets his mouth drop slightly at Tobias' comment..."Toys?"

Turning around in a circle in dismay, the moriquendi tries to control his emotion to strike out at the ridiculing human. Magnus you dont need this fool! he thinks to himself.

When he faces the fighter once again, his hands are clenched on their respective weapons, his knuckles turning white as the blood leaves them. Every muscle is taught as he argues with himself mentally, the Demons in his blades crying for blood, the killer in him crying for a fight, and the more sensible part of him saying Magnus was keeping him alive for a reason.

With clenched teeth, the dark elf sheaths his swords, allowing his sensible side to win the mental argument. "Know this human, should our paths meet outside of this mission, you shall learn of my ability to "play with my toys".

An unemotional mask returns to his face as he crosses his arms and waits for his Master to show up and get this mission started.

Old May 9, 2002, 11:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

Tobias lets out a short chuckle, his chest barreled out, his arms crossed. "That's good. You've got fight in you." In a flash, Tobias had drawn his rapier from its scabbard. The blade, long and deadly, a weapon combining both finesse and power, strength and grace. He circled Serion, the tip of his rapier pointed at him. His eyes shot flaming arrows of hate, and annoyance. "Do not be so quick to draw your toys against one you know nothing about. There is a fine line between confidence in ones abilities, and stupidity. All armor holds weakness, and all it takes is a well placed poke to send you down the River of Jalat. Do not make the mistake." His eyes continued to stare down the dracon, never yielding.

Tobias Tudeski
CIR
Old May 10, 2002, 04:19 AM   #12 (permalink)

Prince of Lies™

Moriquendi...not dracon

Serion seems to laugh in disbelief at the man drawing his rapier on him...and then circleing him too. "Oh thats rich!"

Serion draws his two weapons, following suit, staying in step with Tobias. "You're foolish to think I'm as dumb as you think I am. I have led a thieve's guild, been trained by the assassins, worked with the Bounty Hunters...my armor is merely for looks, because your blade shall never pass the defense of my own weapons. Care to try?"

Old May 10, 2002, 05:35 PM   #13 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

Magnus smiled at the folly of his men. He had entered during their argument, their competition. Measuring 'sword' sizes was a comman practice with the type of men he worked with. He always won such discussions. After observing for a few seconds, he decided to intervene, not just to let them all save face, as to save his bodyguards.

"Now, now." Magnus calmed both parties, "Please don't resort to violence. I shall see you both rewarded if we complete this." Magnus drew a smile on his face. A smile that promised great riches. "If you put your differences asside, i shall inform you of the plan." Magnus looked both the moriquendi and the human in the eyes. " I need you to not to murder each other at sleep time. Agreed? We need each other to survive the journey to Centripax. We'll get your Guild here Serion, the Jaded Claw. We got plenty of uses for your men. They'll get practice and money. We'll need you to assure loyalty, and we need the both of you to prove a nice presence to evade the dangers of the road. What say you?" Magnus was strange, he never asked questions like this before, but perhaps the two did have a choice in this....
Old May 12, 2002, 12:20 AM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

His rapier never stood down as Magnus spoke. His eyes never left those of Serion, the moriquendi. Tobias stared him down, all the while Magnus was speaking. As the last words were spoken from the Red Man, Tobias took a moment before bringing his sword down to his side. "Very well."

His temper, and his habit to quickly judge people were flaws. They were a part of him that often caused him to get into trouble that could easily be avoided. Yet once again he had demonstrated that still he had many aspects to work on. A relaxed temper could only strengthen him, for hate could blind a man. He could control his temper, but could the moriquendi? It was something only time would tell.

"I suppose we got off to a bad start, Serion. I apologize for nothing, but suggest we put this behind us. After all, we are both warriors, above such petty matters. Should it come down to a battle, with the odds against us, I would rather have you on my good side. I would think you feel the same way." The way he spoke to Serion was enough of an indication that he had already decided to go on the journey to Centripax. After all, it was better, and probably more exciting than staying where he was now. Besides, the fresh air would do him good. He turned to Magnus, posing one request. "Horses. Two horses. If it is important, I strongly request mounts for me and my partner. We shall take care of the rest."

Tobias Tudeski
CIR
Old May 12, 2002, 05:32 PM   #15 (permalink)
Former Staff

Eye Ball

"Only two?" Magnus was puzzled, but he decided to play along. "And your master, should he walk then?" Magnus hated walking, he really found it disgusting. The thought of walking anything more then a few hallways made him sick. He felt it as beneath his station. He had done enough in his life never to have to walk again, hadn't he? But the game was good. Tobias would be surprized to hear it.

"I am comming along. And yes, I had thought of horses. They should arrive here shortly." Magnus glanced around, for the stableboy, but he was nowhere to be found.
"Well, I suggest I tell you what to do then. Come a little closer and I shall tell you both what you have to do on this mission."