Old August 7, 2014, 12:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Absidia Tassadero is an upstanding Citizen
To Malice with love.

Summer, era XXI

Absidia insisted on walking the last 10 miles, having hidden her boat away up the river. She didn't trust leaving it anywhere near Malice. The walk was on the long side, but she traveled light, with a small pack bearing a blanket, canteen, a few scraps of food, and flint and steel. Her weapons she wore on her belt.

In company with Sandrunner, she made her way through the gates and into the city, where she planned to take up temporary residence at the Barrel while they looked around.
Old August 7, 2014, 11:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Sandrunner is an upstanding Citizen
Absidia left the boat about 10 miles up stream. Considering the pair had only had to walk 10 miles the half breed human didn't mind. It could have been a much longer walk.
A longer journey meant more room for provisions. His axe was carried stuck in his belt at the small of his back. Having never been to Malice Sandrunner wasn't sure what to expect.

The pair came up to the gates. The human figured the lair looded odd. A cether and and a human. Sandrunner mentally shrugged as he hoped the entrance to Malice would be easy and the pair wouldn't be to distinctive considering what their objective was here.
Sandrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8, 2014, 12:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Absidia and Sandrunner would find that the sort of people who came to Malice were of a different kind than the ones usually found outside city gates. The city had, if nothing else, a bit of a reputation, and that brought along with it a certain set of people. The only decent people were the poor, and that was only because they didn't have much anywhere else to go; everybody else swung by the lawless side of things.

Neither of them would encounter any issues going in, but Absidia would feel one of the guards grope her bottom as she passed by, eliciting laughs and chuckles from the lot of them.
Old August 8, 2014, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Notable

This was not the first time Absidia had been groped. She had for a time worked in a brothel and the sensation was nothing particularly new. It would rather thwart the whole project if she started stabbing guards before they even got into the city. Still, something had to be said.

"You gotta buy me drinks if you're looking for fun," she tossed off over her shoulder. But she didn't stop walking.

"OK, so we're here," she said to her companion. "Where do you want to start?"
Old August 9, 2014, 07:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

The entrance seemed easier then expected but for dome chuckles from the guards followed by Absidia's comment about buying her drinks. Any case Sandrunner marched her steps as they walked in.

Sandrunner paused for a moment to think. "Potentially an inn or tavern to listen for rumors or try visting religious sites for any signs.

Sandrunner wasn't exactly sure how to find their quarry without shouting in the street which didn't play to stealth or survival.
Old August 9, 2014, 05:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

And so they walked and talked.
Old August 10, 2014, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)
Notable

"Yeah," Absidia said after some thought. "It's not like people got to hide their evil religions in a place like this, why not just put your temples right along the street? I guess we ought to look for the obvious before we get too clever. Let's get a room and dump our stuff and then go out looking."

Absidia had been in Malice before, although not for long. She led the way to The Barrel, a place that was probably about as good as they were going to get for living arrangements.

Approaching the enormous sweating fat man who ran the place, Absida said, "Hey, we need to get a room if you got one. Also we're looking for some people called the Dark Alliance if you know where we can find them."
Old August 10, 2014, 07:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Absidia seemed to know her way around Malice. She led the pair to an establishment called the Barrel. Wryly Sandrunner thought hopefully it isn't a literal name.

Absidia went up to the bartender and Sandrunner paced her. When she specifically asked about the Dark Alliance Sandrunner refrained from facepalming.

Instead Sandrunner turned slowly around letting his gaze go around the other occupants trying to see if the Dark Alliance mention attracted attention to the unusual pair. As he looked Sandrunner brought his hands back behind his back. Resting his hands at the small of his back grasping his wrist of uos left hand with his right hand. Additonally if it came to a fight that stance would allow him quick access to his axe. Granted a fight with deadly weapons isn't stealthy and might hinder their objective.
Old August 11, 2014, 10:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Heh!" the man would say, spitting onto the floor. "Ehh, I can tell you ain't from around here. What, you two some wannabe bounty hunters? Heroes? Wanna hunt down the Dark Alliance, eh?"

Sandrunner would find that nobody particularly seemed to care about them; a fight didn't seem to be in their near future so far.

"There ain't no Dark Alliance no more, broad. They're kaput, their power base's gone. You wanna hunt 'em down, there ain't nothing much left. They been picked clean already."
Old August 11, 2014, 11:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

Absidia was not entirely oblivious to her friend's wince, and she understood his reaction. Still, it had seemed like making a bold move might well be best; if they attracted trouble at least they would find out where that trouble was coming from.

Absida laughed, a surprisingly cheerful sound for a girl of her temperament.

"Heroes? That ain't us I'm afraid. I'm doing a paper for schola and thought I might get an interview."

Not a very convincing lie, but it wasn't supposed to be. People in Malice weren't known for revealing their motives.

"Well we still need that room, it's our honeymoon and all that."

She slid the appropriate amount of money across the counter.
Old August 12, 2014, 02:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

Having satisfied himself that none wanted to start a fight Sandrunner turned back to the bartender. Agreeing with Absidia that the pair weren't heroes."Wannabe bounty hunters and heroes. That is two extremes. No we aren't bounty hunters or heroes. However since the dark Alliance doesn't exist we may need to change the name of the paper to the myth of the Dark Alliance."

When Absidia mentioned that it was their honeymoon Sandrunner placed his arm around Absidia's shoulder following her lead about the honeymoon. Sandrunner smoked at the bartender trying to play along.

Idly the half Bajani and half Amari hoped that Absidia didn't hit him now or later for being forward.
Old August 12, 2014, 09:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Yeah, yeah." It wasn't much for a room, and before long Absidia and Sandrunner would have a key to a small one upstairs. One bed, a single window, and a small basin to get water with. Pretty dingy place, really.

So, what now?
Old August 17, 2014, 11:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Notable

Absidia led the way up to the room she had just rented, opened the door, and went inside to put her things down.

"Well," she said, "I guess if it was going to be easy we wouldn't be getting paid a couple thousand crowns. That guy may or may not know anything about the Dark Alliance, and maybe he's telling them to come and grab us right now for all I know. Would have been nice if that giant told us what they were into. Kind of hard to look for a secret organization without some kinda hint about something."

She sat down on the bed to think.

"The way I see it is we can go after them in a couple of ways. First, what does the Dark Alliance do anyway? Probably they want power, to control things, to be the power behind the throne and that. So we could start looking at what the leaders of this place are up to."

"Second way is to think about their religion. They're aeternians, that's why we're here. They're an alliance I guess, so they probably worship different aeternian gods and all work together. Haya's probably connected to some brothel or other around here, maybe find something about Jalat at the cemetary. Don't know about Jorel, that guy is just crazy. Meephos? Gluttony I guess, but the other two seem easier to work with. What do you think?"

Last edited by Absidia Tassadero; August 31, 2014 at 12:36 AM.
Absidia Tassadero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2014, 11:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Citizen

The cether led the way to the room. Sandrunner was about to ask if she thought the barkeep was spreading the word to the pairs quarry.

Sandrunner took up a position by the window relying to find a place where he could look out the window without standing right in front of the window.
"On the bright side If it was already known about what they were doing nobody would be offering us money. Nobody else in the bar reacted to the Dark Alliance being mentioned." Sandrunner stated.

"Power is one avenue. But we will have to have a plan because people snooping around positions of authority may make people jumpy. Jumpy people tend to act irrationally. Which could be good and bad for us at the same time. Good that it will give us a lead possibly but may attract uncomfortable attention."

"The other element is good to. Just how for example to find out if a brothel is a front. Maybe find a brothel and a cemetery in close proximity to each other. Is that to simplistic? The half breed queried.

"Another route is if they are gaining power they need supplies. Maybe check the docks and see if the name brings anything up."
Old August 19, 2014, 09:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Foreboden!

It was a very nice room, all things considered.

OOCFeel free to hash out some kind of plan, I'll be back when needed