Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Enamoria > Malice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20, 2012, 03:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Bronze
Rak Ssss'vin is an upstanding Citizen
Sold into Slavery Once More (Private, Mod Please)

Timestamp: 1st of Cryxatum, in the Season of Spring, Era XIX

As the caravan approached the gates of Malice, it was a few carts with various goods in them, as well as a caged cart with a strange looking creature within it. It looked like a giant lizard, eight foot long head to tail, six feet tall, tail to feet. It had gills on the side of it's neck that weren't used unless it entered a body of water, and his scaled were as black as night, as were his eyes. He had been on the move ever since the dark wintry storm that had overtaken Narim, finally to be caught by slavers heading towards Malice, with intent on selling him to the highest bidder. As weak as he was though, he couldn't put up a decent fight, so he resigned to his fate to become a slave once more.

His name was Rak Ssss'vin, but he rarely told anyone that nowadays, he was more depressed about his current situation, but still trying to devise ways of escaping from the slavery he was being put into once more. It reminded him of his birthing days, and the days of slavery within the hands of the Xet. That did not bode well to his current captors, for every passing day, he devised, killed, and tried to get away from them. It would have been easy enough to kill him, but then again, why kill such a rare species of saurid when one could make thousands upon thousands of crowns for him?

So they continually caught him, even though a few of them had acid burns, and weakness along the way from the Acid Spheres and Impotence he had cast upon them when he had the energy to do so. But he was weak, and so was his spell casting, so he had decided that perhaps he should just ride out their capture, until he gained more strength and was able to fight properly, if ever again able to...

Avatar credited to it's artist, kokodriliscus.
Rak Ssss'vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20, 2012, 04:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Rak wasn't the only one who was being transported via cart; several of the 'goods' that were being brought to Malice comprised of individuals that the slavers had caught as well. It just so happened that the saurid was the only one deemed enough of a threat to warrant being caged, although in his time with the slavers he did notice that he wasn't the only one who had offered resistance to his capturers. Besides him, the rest of the slaves were female, probably to be sold off into prostitution, sex slavery, or some other horrid fate. A few had readily accepted tthis in a very submissive fashion, but the majority of them had initially cried, screamed, and scratched at the slavers. They had then subsequently been beaten or even raped in front of the other slaves in order to break their wills and lower overall morale. A general miserable mood was present, although perhaps some of them, like Rak, still harbored intentions and hopes of fighting and escaping.

The caravan passed through the gates with relative ease, after a bit of banter between the slavers and the guards and some wolf-whistling and fondling of the female products by the latter (although nobody seemed to want to do the same to Rak). They would be taken to a facility where they would be processed and sold to whoever happened to have the most crowns on them. The wagons ground to a halt outside the building, and the slaves-to-be were pushed and shoved inside, the strongest ones being assigned to make sure to restrain Rak before they transported him inside, allowing the saurid no opportunity to run away. There, they were all placed inside a single cage in a dark back room. The slavers would close and lock the only door leading into the room, posting two guards outside, and went off to figure out the necessary paperwork and other such things that they needed to do.

There wasn't much in the room besides the cage besides other cages, which hadn't been used in this instance because they were capable of cramming them all into a single one. Most of the women had crowded into the corners, rather frightened by Rak's appearance; just because they were all in the same predicament didn't mean that they were necessarily allies. None of them were restrained as he was, as the slavers hadn't thought any of them to be enough of a problem to bind their hands together. A few had started crying in the meantime.

One of them, though, would come over to the saurid. He would know that she was one of the ones who had been very quiet and not put up a struggle at first, and hadn't been beaten or raped like some of the other girls had.

"Are you interested in working together to break out of here?"

She said in a whisper, her eyes darting to the door where the slavers could possibly be listening in.
Old April 20, 2012, 07:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

As the slavers pulled Rak out of the cage, he of course resisted it, and tried to put up a fight, but in the end, they were much too strong for him in his weakened state, and he didn't want to expend any of his Vis in order to try to escape this time. Being placed within the cage in the dark room, he felt like he had when he was born. In a cage, in the captivity of the Xet, unable to do anything about his predicament. But this was also not a Xetan cage, he very well might be able to break the bars using the acid he had learned to conjure at Toherro's dark teachings, during his initiate necromancy sessions.

Dark obsidian eyes looked towards the woman that approached him, a maliciousness within his gaze, as he watched her very carefully. The weakened saurid didn't trust her so far as he could throw something, which wasn't very far in this instance, but she did have something that he could use to get out of there. If she was intelligent, the saurid could use that to help him with his ideas of how they might be able to break out of the bonds they happened to be held within. "Posssssssibly," he hissed at her, his obsidian eyes looking towards the doorway where the guards stood out front of it.

"I could usssssse a decssssssent meal though, and thosssssse otherssssss are looking fairly good for that at the moment..." he then said, his obsidian orbs focusing on some of the other slave huddled in the corner away from him. It was true he hadn't eaten anything substantial in a few days, as the slaves didn't keep him very well fed given his weakened state, and him trying to escape many a time, so the flesh of softskins came to mind as something he could feast on, and possibly get more strength from having some decent meal.

"For now though, i'll leave them be..." he decided finally, a flicker of his tongue out of his mouth to taste that delectable smell of flesh again. Turning his snakelike head back towards the woman whom was asking if he wanted to work together to escape, he then asked, "What did you have in mind?"

Old April 20, 2012, 07:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"I personally don't particularly care, but would recommend against it. One, they'll probably start screaming and all that noise is bound to attract those guards and make them come in here. Two, you'll have to use even more of your energy to restrain them. And three, the slavers aren't going to be happy about you eating your wares and will make sure you're already more miserable than you are now." She shrugged, apparently unconcerned with the possibility that he might try to eat her. In fact, she would give him a wolfish grin.

"My plan was to simply brute force our way out of here and slaughter all of the slavers to make sure that they don't come after us. I don't particularly care about those wretches," she would jerk a thumb at those women who were pathetically weeping in the corner, "but a few of us know a thing or two about fighting. The only reason they caught us was because they went so far as to drug our food, and because we put up no resistance afterwards, they don't suspect a thing." This time she would gesture another group of woman behind her, none of whom seemed at all distressed by their situation and had a composed, cool air about them.

"Don't get any ideas, though. We just thought that you might be marginally useful as a fighter, which is the only reason I'm asking. Safety in numbers, blah blah blah." She eyed the manacles Just specifying what they are that bound the saurid's hands together. "'Course, we're going to need to get the keys for that. Until then, you're just a meat shield."

"Done." One of the woman would note, as the lock of the cage door clicked open. One of the non-fighting woman would attempt to speak up, but was brutally punched in the mouth to keep her quiet, shocking the rest into silence and further fear as they retreated back to their corner.

As the combat group began filing out of the cage, the woman who had approached Rak would turn back to him. "Last chance. Interested?"
Old April 20, 2012, 08:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Meat shield? Did she just really call him a meat shield. His obsidian gaze narrowed upon her, and he withheld his anger... for now. She better not think that slights getting away from me, thought the saurid as he nodded when she asked if he was interested. Trying to enter his Clara, the saurid would hopefully gain a new perspective upon the world, as he looked through his Clara vision in order to better understand if there was anything arcanic at work that might prevent their escape. When all was said and done, if they women were ready, Rak would ask, "Do you wisssssh for me to go firssssst?" And if she deemed it necessary, then Rak would make his way out of the cell, his arms still bound in the manacles, but would keep his focus on what needed to be done in order to escape.

Slaughtering all of the Slavers, now that sounded like a grand idea, and some grand ol' fun to Rak. He was definitely willing to kill anyone whom enslaved him, if only for a good meal, and for himself. Turning his snakelike head back towards the woman in the cage, he would await further instructions from her, before actually attempting to open the door to where the guards happened to be standing. Perhaps it might be better to blend into the shadows, he thought, but the decided against that idea, as the women obviously would have to take the lead in this case...

Old April 20, 2012, 09:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

He wouldn't notice anything out of the ordinary while in clara.

"Not yet," she would state, using hand motions to direct three women to exit the cage first, "since we'll need stealth initially to make sure we aren't swarmed before we're prepared." As the lockpicker went to her work, the woman would kick the cage door shut behind her, turning to those slaves that weren't part of their group. "Keep your mouths shut and don't say anything. If this works and we kill them all, maybe we'll keep come back for you." There would be synchronized nodding and shutting up by those remaining in the cage.

"Your name, though?" She would wait for Rak to introduce himself (in whatever manner, she just needed something to call him besides "you" or "saurid"), before nodding. "Gunhild."

"Done." The whisper came again. "Right. Do it quickly," with a nod to the other two woman.

Good thing it was a door that needed to be pulled in. The two woman sprang into action, near-simultaneously taking the two guards' heads and snapping their necks. The slavers dropped to the floor, and some looting began as the rest of the group orderly shuffled into the hallway. A few weapons, which were distributed amongst the women, but no keys.

"I'll help out our friend. The rest of you, clear a path to the entrance and secure it. We don't want any of them escaping." Gunhild would wait for the rest of them to run down the hallway, before turning back to the saurid. "If you'll follow me? I know where the person who most likely has the keys is." The two of them would go in the opposite direction, making as little noise as possible, before she raised a hand up to indicate that they should stop. Peeking around a corner, they would notice two guards leaning against a wall, chatting with each other.

"I'll take the one on the left. You take the one on the right." A brief pause to allow Rak an opportunity to think of what he'd do, and then they sprung into action.
Old April 21, 2012, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

He hated that word... friend. Ally would be a more appropriate term thought the dark saurid as he watched the woman pick up some weapons that the guards had on them. For now though, Rak didn't say anything and merely followed the woman around the corners and hallways until she stopped them, hearing two guards chatting among themselves. Softskins, thought the dark saurid as he watched them carefully, after peeking around the corner. Through his obsidian gaze, the saurid watched within his Clara carefully, and then began crafting a spell, by pulling the Ara from around him and mixing it with his Vis to create an arcalysis reaction.

Then as he channeled the essence of death, he held out his hand towards the guard on the right, and conjured forth the Acid Sphere to fly forward from his hand directly towards the guard's face. A bit of acid to the face would surely spoil that softskin's day, thought the saurid, as he watched the acid fly towards his target, intent on melting the creature's face entirely off, if it managed to hit him. If not, it would hopefully at least splatter him a bit, and injure him somewhat. And if that happened, then Rak would spring into action after the woman, towards the guard on the right, using a low kick towards the man's feet, in hopes of knocking him to the ground, while the acid burned his face...

Old April 21, 2012, 12:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Acid in the face!

Well, the guard wasn't all that happy about that. Hands went up and and he began screaming as Rak's Acid Sphere began eating away at him, and the saurid's low kick knocked him off balance and he went crashing down onto the floor. His partner could have tried to help him and fight off Rak, but Gunhild would take this moment to leap into action, launching a flying kick right into the gut of her target. The saurid would be able to hear bones crack upon impact as the guard went flying, landing on his back with a yelp. Instantly she rushed over, violently kicking him in the face and knocking him out of commission.

That was one down, but Rak wasn't finished with his guy yet. Blinded as he was by the acid, the man managed to fumble for and get out a dagger, waving it blindly around him as he tried to get back up. There was no particular accuracy with his flailing but given the general proximity of the saurid to the man, if he wasn't careful he'd find himself with a few more cuts than he needed.
Old April 21, 2012, 08:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Backing away slightly, the saurid would wait til the acid sufficiently blinded him, so that he could quickly reach down and grab the man's forearm with both of his hands. Digging his claws into it, as he did, the claws were generally curved inwards so that they could rip out the flesh of a creature with ease. As he dug the claws into the man's arm, he would bend it backwards, so as to put pressure on his forearm to force him to drop the dagger he had been using in an attempt to cut Rak open. Hissing his contentment, if this worked, the dark saurid would place his foot upon the man's stomach, and dig the claws of his foot into the man's stomach whilst pulling upwards upon his arm, in an effort to flay large chunks of skin from his arm.

This was only the precurser to the amount of pain the dark saurid wished to cause upon the human, but remembered their goal was to escape, and taking too much time might heed their ability to escape. So in a last quick act of possible mercy for the man, the evil saurid would pick up the hopefully dropped dagger, and slit the man's throat so that his life blood spilled upon the ground, and soaked into it. All the while, he'd enjoy hearing the man's screams fill his ears, as he looked up towards Gunhild, ready to continue onward with their quest to get his manacles off of his arms, to make him a bit more useful...

Old April 21, 2012, 08:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

There would be screams, of course, as Rak painfully tore off pieces of the guard. He sort of needed, those, of course, but then again it wasn't as if the saurid particularly cared. He didn't even have his dagger anymore, considering he dropped it following Rak's maneuvers, so the guard wouldn't even be able to have the comfort of knowing he had at least injured the saurid in some way. No, he would die rather pathetically, his face disintegrated by acid, parts of his arms torn off, his weapon stolen and used to kill him. But at least it hadn't lasted that long.

And it could have been worse. He could have been beaten up by a slave girl.

Who, coincidentally, had plundered a short sword from the felled guard, plunging it straight into his chest to ensure his demise. Not bothering to wipe the blood off of the blade, Gunhild would gesture for the saurid to follow before going off again. Shouting could be heard around another corner regarding an attack at the front door; this would presumably be the other group. Of the group of five slavers that would suddenly appear as they ran across the hallway, Rak would notice that one, a big burly man wielding a massive battleaxe, had a set of keys dangling on his waist.

Without a word, Gunhild threw her sword at the group, with the blade piercing through the side of the throat of one of the men, who fell with a gurgle. This, of course, attracted the attention of the remaining four. Each of them would get two. Rak had to deal with the man with the keys along with another slaver armed with a shortsword. Gunhild would deal with the others.

Shortsword man charged the saurid without a second thought, and keys man would simply watch from the back.
Old April 22, 2012, 03:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Adventurer

Keys! Freedom! It was close at hand. While Gunhild chose to utilize the short sword as a throwing weapon, the saurid chose to continue using his necromancy and shaas'kah, plus his bodily weapons, ie his curved claws and razor sharp teeth. The man with the shortsword seemed to be the immediate problem, and given Rak hadn't left his Clara yet, as after the eclipse found he could remain in it for extended periods of time, he began to conjure forth a spell to utilize against the man with the shortsword. Impotence was it's name, and in using it, the dark saurid would mix the Ara and his Vis together to form the arcalysis reaction.

Evoking pure death essence into the shortsword wielding man, he would siphon his strength, energy, and stamina out of him, to ensure he wouldn't be moving very much of at all once he made it to Rak, if he was even able to make it to Rak. All the while, the dark saurid would keep his eyes upon both me that were there, watching them carefully, debating on utilizing his final spell for the day, or saving it, along with his energy. If the short swordsman dropped as expected, Rak would quickly pick up his sword, and hold it in two hands, so as to not be hampered by the manacles, whilst awaiting the man carrying the battle axe to attack, or just to see what he'd do in general...

Old April 22, 2012, 03:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

It was as if the man had no stamina at all, as his running quickly degenerated into jogging, then sort of shuffling his feet across the floor, and finally he just sort of decided to lie down on the floor and take a break. He didn't really seem all that bothered by the fact that Rak had just plundered his sword. It was all good. He'd deal with it when he got his energy back.

The battleaxe man was not particularly amused at his subordinate's lack of killing Rak. The large man would roar at the saurid, charging forward as he swung his massive weapon laterally several times in a reckless fashion, which would probably bisect Rak if he wasn't careful.
Old April 22, 2012, 06:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

Backing up as the man began to swing his battle axe towards Rak, the dark saurid hissed madly, and continued his trail backwards so as to dodge the swings the man was making at him. At one point though, he quickly attempted to maneuver by the man when he swung past the dark saurid to the right, the dark saurid would move quickly in an effort to get by him, as he did, he'd bring his tail around underneath of the man, trying to hit his shins in an effort to sweep him off of his feet. If everything went according to plan, which it seemed to have been doing thus far, the man would be tripped down onto the ground, and when Rak turned around, he'd hopefully have a chance to stab the man in the back with the short sword he was wielding.

That's if everything went according to plan. Rak wasn't confident that it would, so he would make sure to remain vigilant and cautious as he carried out his plan to kill the man whom held what would be, the keys to Rak's freedom...

Old April 22, 2012, 11:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

At the very least, Rak was capable of moving quickly enough to dodge the cumbersome slashes of the battleaxe. His plan would begin to unravel around the point where he tried to tail sweep the man off of his feet; although the saurid was quick enough to get around the man without too much incident, his tail wasn't strong enough (and the man was too burly/bulky) to be knocked down. In fact, the man was a towering pillar of not-falling-down-ness, and the momentum from Rak's charge would actually cause the saurid to stagger and almost trip onto the floor, which, although he managed to steady his balance, caused him to slow down by just a bit as he recovered.

One fist to the face later, and the saurid would find himself on the floor, on the receiving end of a swinging fist that the large man had managed to swing around and connect in the moment that Rak had stumbled. The man turned around, raising his battleaxe above him and ready to murderize the saurid, but the screams of his surviving men momentarily distracted and caused him to look away for a brief second.
Old April 30, 2012, 10:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Adventurer

Distraction, yay! Up went Rak's curved clawed foot, right into the man's crotch. And the razorsharp claws then closed as quickly as possible, while Rak began to roll away. The torsion of his closed claws ripping through the man's clothing and skin, would hopefully serve to dismember a certain member that the man might have taken some pride for. Hopefully if all went well, he'd be screaming like a baby, while Rak would be able to get himself up, and prepare for another assault against the man in order to kill him, and get the keys from his belt. That way freedom would be his, and he wouldn't have to deal with slavery anymore, or so he hoped...