Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Jaedaxia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 18, 2009, 11:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

An unforseen rendezvous can be like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day {Jirael}

25th of (the second) Immanis Era XVI PF

The road to Jaedexia was fairly crowded, which surprised Niven considering how cold it was and the continued soft fall of snow impeding the ease of travel. Winter had made its presence known with it's deep snows and icy winds. Though as bitter cold as they were, there was something magical about this winter. The snow that blanketed the world was so pure and white, a more brilliant white than Niven had ever seen. And at every camp she'd made along the road where she hadn't reached a town, the fire she made seemed to burn so bright and warm, heating her to her very core. Trigg had been happy with the warm fires too. Niven stroked her handsome Juanerro's nose as she walked, and the horse nickered. She smiled at him and turned back to the road.

The "Gift of the Empire" loomed in the distance, reassuring Niven that they would make it to the beautiful city before darkening. She was grateful to finally see her destination. Niven knew that she would most likely winter in the city until the spring. The hopes of what she would find in the city gave her an extra spring in her step. Her energy must have been contagious, for it seemed that Trigg perked up as well. 'No doubt thinking of the warm stall full of hay he will sleep in tonight,' Niven thought, amused. 'It will be nice for me to sleep in a warm bed again too.'

So caught up her her thoughts, Niven hadn't noticed a snow-white rabbit creeping closer and closer towards her and Trigg until it was right under foot and the elfess couldn't stop herself from tripping over him and she fell into the soft, cold powder. Instead of letting go off Trigg's reigns as she fell, Niven tightened her grip, yanking the horses head down. Upset by the unusual rough treatment, Trigg whinnied in protest and reared his head, ripping the reins out of her hands. The leather burned as it was fiercely rubbed against her pale skin, but Niven had no time to pay mind to this, as Trigg had taken off in a gallop towards the city and was knocking over people heedlessly. "Trigg!" Niven shouted after him, desperately. "Whoa, boy! Whoa!" She cried, jumping to her feet and running after her horse.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21, 2009, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael'eri tel'noss Luschae is an upstanding Citizen
ooc Took a moment to get an idea

The roads in the Carmelyn Hinterlands were familiar to the young elf, after all he had spent quite some time alone after being kidnapped so long ago. Much time had passed since he left Diana with what might be called his new friends... a strange though in his mind, considering his looks, and his new predicament. He walked alone, wrapped up in the simple cloak that Dante had bought him, taking in the sights of the road...

It was easier to appreciate the beauty around one's self when there wasn't fear lurking around every corner... Though still, he was not exactly safe at the moment. The Road had many places to go, though the boy did not exactly have any destination in mind... Though his feet walked the path, he knew of two places he was not ready to go yet...

From behind, in the distance there seemed to be quite a commotion heading towards him. Turning around there was an odd sight, a young Elven girl riding a some what out of control horse... both of who he recognized... Stepping off of the road a little bit, just in case the horse maybe forgot, or might not notice him, he extended an arm up to give out a wave, smiling as he called towards the two heading quickly in his direction...

"Niven"

Old December 26, 2009, 12:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

oocNo worries. It took me forever to come up with a good reason for you to notice me on the road or vice versa.

Trigg dodged the outstreatched hand of the boy and kept barreling through. If he recognized the boy, he made no sign of it. People scattered in every direction, desperate to get out of the way of his pounding hooves. Mothers hugged their younglings close and glared at the slight elfess for allowing her animal out of her control. Many tried what the boy had done, reaching out to try and catch the reigns, but Trigg refused to be stopped.

Niven, though frantic to get her horse back under control, was startled to hear her name being called by a small voice and looked around for who might know her. Not seeing anyone immediately, she turned her attention back to Trigg who had stopped a few meters up ahead, his attention grabbed by a mare belonging to some other travelers. She ran up to the kind kemite, who had grabbed hold of Trigg's reins to prevent him from running again, thanking him profusely.

Gripping the reins tightly in her hands and stroking the stallion's soft nose to calm him, Niven pulled the horse to the side of the road and turned to face the on coming people. The elfess ignored the rude mutters of the people as they walked past her as she searched every face for the one who had called her name. Finally, behind a group of halflings, she spotted what looked like white hair sprouting from beneath a hood and a sweet, kind face she would know every where. Niven could hardly believe her eyes.
"Jirael?" She asked, in disbelief. "Is that you?"

CIR | SoF

Old January 2, 2010, 09:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Kita of the Sands

Sraosha is a benevolent Adventurer

Wrong account ><

CIR || SOF
Posting status: dependent on creativity
Sraosha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2, 2010, 09:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

oocsorry its short, sorta crappy, been having trouble thinking lol

Jirael moved closer to the two as they eventually came to a stop, smiling he gave Trigg a pat near the side of his neck as he spoke to Niven. “It has been a too long... “ his voice was soft and lilting, he looked over the pair as they stood before him “So much has happened, hasn't it? What things have happened for you in these long brightenings?”
Old January 7, 2010, 10:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

ooc No worries. Brain farts allowed... How bad is it when you forget one of your animals? LOL!

Upon reaching him, Niven smiled warmly at Jirael. "Indeed, it has been too long!" She said. She reached down and pulled the boy into a hug. "It is good to see you!" Trigg, now recognizing the old friend nickered and nuzzled the boy. He seemed happy to see him again too.
Niven looked around. She stuck two fingers into her mouth and gave a shrill whistle. Seemingly out of no where, Juno came abounding, a rabbit in his teeth. Seeing Jirael, the hunter seemed to double his speed, barely dropping his catch at his mistresses feet before jumping up onto his boy friend and licking his face. "Down Juno," Niven ordered, firmly, though she smiled at her dog's joy in seeing Jirael again. The two seemed to have a special bond.

Reaching into the saddle bag and retrieving a carrot to reward Trigg with and a treat for Juno, Niven smiled at the questions. "Much has happened. And you look so much taller since we last said good-bye!" The animals satisfied, Niven straightened and looked out and around them. It was getting darker and there was still a ways into Jaedexia. "How about we continue our travels while we talk?" She suggested. "Would you like to ride?"

CIR | SoF

Old January 9, 2010, 04:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael smiled, giving his hand towards Niven, allowing her to pull him up to the horse. It had been quite some time since he had done something other then walked, and while he probably would not admit that he couldn't go any further, his feet were pleased to have a small break.

Thank you Niven, I have a feeling it will be quite a long time before I actually get any taller... “ he gave a little smile, noticing the difference in height between the two. “What is it that brings you to this area again?” He wasn't really sure where it was that Niven held residence, so it seemed to be a decent enough question to break into conversation with...

He actually was not sure where he wanted to go, But since he had meet someone he knew again, it might be nice to take a moment to spend time with them, catch up... maybe even get help in his search.
Old January 13, 2010, 11:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Smiling, Niven helped the boy up. Pulling at Trigg's reigns, she lead the horse down the path they'd been traveling down all day. Trigg was well rested from having his mistress leading him and not riding him for the last few hours, but he was pleased to have such a light load.

At Jirael's question Niven glanced behind her at the boy. "Well...."she started slowly, turning back to the road "Actually, I was coming to see if Dante was around. I haven't heard from anyone since we all split up an era ago and I just wanted to touch base, see if he needed anything... or had anything going on that he might need some help with." She shrugged her shoulders.

The snow was really coming down now and it was getting harder and harder to walk as the snow was getting deeper. Juno was bounding ahead and then waiting for them to come closer and then heading off again. 'At least someone is enjoying this weather,' Niven thought. She stopped Trigg and climbed up behind Jirael. It was easier to talk this way too. She could hear his small voice better. "What about you?" she asked. "What brings you out this way?"

CIR | SoF

Old January 18, 2010, 10:09 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael wondered himself why he had been here, these were the only roads that he knew of as home, so perhaps his feet just guided him here, being unsure of exactly where to go. They had been split up for some time, and he had managed to find his way back to this place... Always to this place, he thought.

"This is where I know to go I guess" he said, looking up at Niven to give her a smile... "Though I don't really want to go back to Diana..."
Old January 21, 2010, 09:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

oocPost your entry at the gates. The thread is linked

"No?" Niven asked, sort of absently, her emerald eyes searching the landscape ahead of them for Juno. Once she spotted him, she turned her attention back to Trigg. "I suppose that makes sense." She said to Jirael, still distracted. Whether or not it did make sense to Niven was debatable. Niven coaxed Trigg to a canter, with the intention to get them to their destination in a more time effective manner. Satisfied, Niven turned her complete attention back to the boy. "So you didn't want to go back to Diana. Where did you come from, just now? Have you been wandering as I have?" she asked.

As the gates rose up ahead of them, Niven whistled shrilly for Juno, who came running. "Heel!" she commanded the dog, and he obeyed. Niven dismounted and took out her visa. When it was her turn, she showed her visa and was granted entry.

Once through, she replaced her visa in her bag and looked up at Jirael. "Shall we find an Inn and continue our conversation there?" She asked. "I'm kind of hungry and I can only imagine you are as well."

oocWe can find an Inn and continue this there, if you like.

CIR | SoF

Last edited by Niven; January 29, 2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old February 6, 2010, 10:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Adventurer

Jirael thought for a moment, there was much that he wanted to talk to Niven about, though he did not really know where to begin... or How. “I've been wandering, looking for something, but... “ he paused in his words, he wasn't sure how exactly to phrase this part, but gave it a try “searching for anything about my family... But I really have not been sure of how exactly to start”... he looked back up at Niven for a moment again, “I guess that's what brought me back to this area...”

This was the seat of Diana's power, and as much as he had grown to resent what that stood for, it seemed to be the one thing that he knew most, as conflicting as it was...

Once they had arrived in the gates, he gave a nod to Niven, his stomach giving a slight reply at the mention of food... “Mn, “ he began with a faint smile, “I has been a while”

oocwe can keep going in this thread, that works for me, sorry for the slow response, its been a long week
Old February 8, 2010, 10:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Giving a warm smile, Niven nodded. "Then we have a plan. I've never been here before, but I will find out a good Inn, preferably within a reasonable distance from Dante's shipyard." She winked at the boy and they started walking.

Leading the group through the streets, Niven made inquiries from people she saw in the city. After being informed of where the ships made berth, Niven was directed to the eastern part of the city. It was nearing twilight by now, and the unfamiliar city was darkening, making their quest a little harder. Still Niven pressed on. When or if Jirael tired of walking, Niven allowed him to ride.

The group came upon the Blue Norther first. Niven had been alarmed about the condition of the area even before the Inn and tavern had come into sight. Decrepit buildings lined the streets and it said 'bad news' to Niven. Once the Inn came into sight, even from a distance, Niven could tell that this was not a place for her and Jirael to lodge. The kind of people coming and going were enough to sketch Niven out. "I think we'd better find another place." She said to Jirael. Niven led the group away, searching for another place to stay. 'Surely there is more than one Inn on this side of the city,' She thought.

Turning back the way they came, Niven was relieved when they came into a nicer part of the city. Her whole demenor relaxed and everyone could feel it. It wasn't long before she found La Petite Morte d' Michelle. "Stay out here with Trigg for a moment please," Niven requested of Jirael. "I will go and see if there is space for us." The elfess turned and went in. Smiling at the man behind the desk Niven made arrangements for a medium suite for her and Jirael and a stable space for Trigg.

Once the arrangements were made, Niven went back outside to Jirael. "Here," she said, giving him the key to their suite. "Take this and Juno and go inside. I'm going to put Trigg away and I will join you in a moment." Niven led Trigg off the stables. Trigg was happy to be in a warm stable once again and went to the oats immediately. Now that Trigg was safely away, Niven went back into the hotel. She walked to the suite and knocked twice and then opened the door. Dumping her stuff on the floor Niven looked at Jirael. "Ready for some food?" She asked.

oocsorry it's long and wordy.

CIR | SoF

Old February 14, 2010, 09:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Adventurer

oocNo, no long and wordy can be good!I wish I could always have mine be long but I've been having trouble occasionally with my mind wanting to work for Jir's posts

Jirael had never really been to Jaedaxia before, and thus his knowledge of the city itself was limited... It had never been important in his live, never having been a center for the church, in fact, it seemed to be quite the opposite, and so his ignorance of the current situation.

Niven was the one guiding the two, and while it was simple enough for the boy to allow her to lead them on, it was fun for him to watch the town change as Trigg trot down the streets. The Blue Norther seemed like a place that was full of chaos, strange tales and adventure in every room... And probably meant that there was danger as well...

La Petite Morte d' Michelle on the other hand was more... reserved, civil perhaps. Nodding, Jirael remained outside with Trigg, holding on slightly worried about falling off. With Niven's return he took the key, calling Juno to follow him into the Inn while Niven took Trigg to the stables. It had been a long time since he had been in this situation before, and, it was nice... Family like.

When Niven came into the room, Jirael was on the bed, coaxing Juno up with him, he found juno to be interesting, perhaps more so then Trigg, because of how much energy such a little thing was able to have. Trigg was more layed back, he wondered why...

Jirael's stomach growled a little as Niven mentioned food... With a smile he replied

“Of course, Where to?”
Old March 16, 2010, 02:28 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

oocOMG!! I totally thought I'd replied to your last post! My bad!!!

Smiling warmly at the boy, Niven gestured to the door of their suite. "Why, to the dining room, of course! I've requested room and board." She winked at Jirael and held the door for him and then made sure to lock the door behind them. Juno would be able to protect himself and their things if needed, but she knew better than to take her chances.

Leading the pair to a quiet table off to the side, Niven sat in the comfortable chair. When the waiter came about, she ordered the fish, and then waited while Jirael made his decision. In what seemed like record time, the waiter came back with their meals.

"So," Niven started, neatly cutting her fish with her knife and spearing it with her fork. "You said you were searching for your family? Did you find them?" It dawned on Niven that she knew quite little about her little friend and hoped he had found whatever it was he'd been searching for. If he hadn't and needed assistance, she was prepared to do everything she could to help.

CIR | SoF

Old March 28, 2010, 12:16 PM   #15 (permalink)

Kita of the Sands

Sraosha is a benevolent Adventurer

Wrong account ><

CIR || SOF
Posting status: dependent on creativity
Sraosha is offline   Reply With Quote