Old July 24, 2017, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

DND Aelyria

So Liahal has some pretty cool coworkers who've invited her to a DND thing, and this got us thinking: what if we had a DND session for Aelyrians?

Scheduling is still up in the air and all, but most importantly, who might be interested in something like that? At the moment we're thinking of something like meeting twice a month, although we're unsure of whether it'd be on weekdays or weekends or what... but the first session will probably just be making characters and stuff.

Anyway. Who might be interested?
Old July 24, 2017, 06:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Liahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious Superhero

Me me me.

Jun 21, 2017: 20:56 RosieKyrillos: you ALWAYS get the power

Liahal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 24, 2017, 10:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Wealth Tier: Steel
Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

omfg, I'm so there.
Adynirach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017, 06:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous Hero
Sure?
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017, 06:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Aim To Misbehave...

Maddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious SuperheroMaddyn is a glorious Superhero

Interested but I'm pretty sure my timezone isn't friendly for everyone else >_>
Maddyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017, 08:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Honest-to-Gods Merchant

Rosie Kyrillos is a glorious SuperheroRosie Kyrillos is a glorious SuperheroRosie Kyrillos is a glorious Superhero

Yes.

~Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans~
~SoF~
Rosie Kyrillos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017, 02:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

Hell yeah! Depends when the game is held but let me at em!

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25, 2017, 02:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a benevolent AdventurerNiven is a benevolent Adventurer

I'm in! No idea how to play, but i'm game to learn

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: Never too many!
Always up for fun, be it modding or PC.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 27, 2017, 10:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

All right! Plus side, it seems we have a good amount of interest.

Minus side, this means we're going to have to figure out how to schedule all this

For now, here's a survey where you can write down what your favored time(s) might be so we can whittle down something that works for everybody: https://goo.gl/forms/Z9BJM1vBmcSEH6bH3

The way I see it is like this: with such a potentially large group of people, scheduling it so that everybody can make it is going to be very difficult or impossible. Therefore, the best way to go about it is to establish a minimum number of people required to go ahead with a session. Even if some people can't make it, the rest can continue on, which keeps up the momentum. The adventures should probably be short and sweet to start off with to help with this.

So remember, for the form, try to put down whatever times you could be available. It's best if this sort of thing is on the same time at the same day so it becomes an easy pattern to schedule around - if you can't be there for one session, hopefully you can be there for the next! I've also assumed that most people won't be available during the morning/afternoon hours of weekdays because, you know, work. Seriously, though, a single session can definitely take quite a while, which is why I've sectioned off whole blocks for now. We can fine-tune this later.

Timezones being what they are... please try to convert the times you choose to PST (UTC-8).

P.S. If you don't know what a DM is, skip that question

P.S.S. If nobody else is interested in DMing, I'm probably going to run Pathfinder, since that's the only thing I actually have the resources for.

Last edited by Indefinite; July 27, 2017 at 10:53 PM.
Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2017, 09:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
Fear the Reaper

Grim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous HeroGrim is a famous Hero
Out of curiosity, if we wind up playing pathfinder what are you thinking in terms of splatbooks, etc? (Mainly curious in terms of if I or others should be thinking about an orc bard or a gunslinger construct type deal).
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2017, 11:22 AM   #11 (permalink)
Legend

Alphonsus is an upstanding Citizen

Pathfinder! Are we looking at 'Society Play Legal' or no-hold bars sort of game.

And what is our play style be like. PBF or chat room (text based)

S O F
Adde parvum parvo magnus acervus erit.
[Add little to little and there will be a big pile]

Posting Status: Traveling IRL from 5th November to 31st January. Posting Intermittent
Medonia's Detective, Telath's Bard

Last edited by Alphonsus; July 29, 2017 at 11:24 AM.
Alphonsus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2017, 01:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Okaaaaaay. So. Executive decision needs to be made. It seems like based on the answers received, that the time that would be best for this would be Friday nights at 7PM PST (UTC-8). I apologize for those who can't make it then, but alas, the issues of scheduling

Since we apparently have a regular podcast thing going now on the last Friday of each month, chances are if we want to do a twice-monthly meeting, that we'll meet on the first and third Fridays of each month.

Can people post if they could make it on the 4th of August for the first meeting, which will probably just be character creation? If that's too soon, we can try pushing it back to the 18st of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
Out of curiosity, if we wind up playing pathfinder what are you thinking in terms of splatbooks, etc? (Mainly curious in terms of if I or others should be thinking about an orc bard or a gunslinger construct type deal).
I'm not super sure what splatbooks are out there for Pathfinder, but at least class-wise, base classes are also okay? For this sort of thing I imagine it'd be best just to give me an idea of what you want to do beforehand and we can see if it's okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphonsus View Post
Pathfinder! Are we looking at 'Society Play Legal' or no-hold bars sort of game.

And what is our play style be like. PBF or chat room (text based)
I don't really know what "society play legal" means, unfortunately.

I imagine we'll probably be doing this online, using some sort of voice chat service alongside an online site like Roll20 to help visualize the board.

Last edited by Indefinite; July 31, 2017 at 11:06 PM.
Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2017, 02:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

Depending on start times I'd like to be involved but my work is likely to mean I'd miss a few games. I will try the 7th and see how it works out.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 29, 2017, 02:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Whoops. Looking at calendars is hard.

4th and 18th of August.
Old July 29, 2017, 02:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

Liahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious SuperheroLiahal is a glorious Superhero

I can do either date.

Jun 21, 2017: 20:56 RosieKyrillos: you ALWAYS get the power

Liahal is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: