Old July 29, 2017, 07:03 PM   #16 (permalink)

Companion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Erion is an upstanding Citizen
If we're talking about later in the evening on Friday the 4th, I know I can make that.
Old July 29, 2017, 09:58 PM   #17 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

I can make those work

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 4
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2017, 10:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

I'll be there.
Adynirach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2017, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Adventurer

Sarah Vermillion is a benevolent Adventurer
I'll be there then
Old August 3, 2017, 12:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Citizen

GalendilOakenheart is unknown and forgotten
I would need to do it on a different day like Saturday but i am interested
GalendilOakenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 3, 2017, 04:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

I think I'll try and use Discord for this whole DND thing. So everybody who's interested in joining up tomorrow, click on this link and take some time to set it up:

https://discord.gg/gnmTFYV

Discord has both text chat and voice chat options. On the left you should see "text channels" and "voice channels." Click on a voice channel to join it.
Old August 4, 2017, 06:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Right, so, tentatively, this is how we're going about our online DNDing:

We're using Discord to communicate, as it offers both text chat and voice chat options:
https://discord.gg/gnmTFYV

We're using Roll 20, to provide our graphical interface (and potentially character sheets if my other option doesn't work out):
https://app.roll20.net/join/2455518/u9yKZQ

And we'll be using an autosheet that's based out of Google Docs for character sheets - but it's pretty intensive, so if it's too laggy for some people we might switch to something else.

Two hours until we start! Reminder that this first session will mostly be character building. Have fun, everybody!
Old August 5, 2017, 12:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Successful DND session! Thanks to everybody who came along, especially Grim for being Mr. Helpful

We now have a party of the following:
Human Rogue
Human Gunslinger
Gnome Alchemist
Human Monk
Dwarf Druid

And two more possibly along the way:
Elf Cleric
Half-Elf Wizard

A reminder that our next planned session will be August 18th at around the same time, perhaps earlier if our core group are as punctual as they are today. With so many people interested however we will move on if a minimum of let's say three people show up. Don't worry about missing it, though - the adventures being lined up are designed to be short and sweet so you won't miss too much!

Except loot.

Thanks again everybody!
Old August 5, 2017, 12:08 AM   #24 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

SO fun! Thanx for being patient with me! looking forward to the next play in 2 weeks!

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 4
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2017, 04:18 AM   #25 (permalink)
Hero

Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

I'll complete the sheet next week and then hopefully be a little more awake for the next session, but thanks for setting this up, takes me way back to when the first AD&D stuff first came out. Used to take a few hours to prepare, and then 'boom'.

Talk next time.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16, 2017, 12:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Foreboden!

This is a reminder that our next DND session is in three days!
Old August 16, 2017, 04:03 PM   #27 (permalink)
Adventurer

Hope you're ready
Old August 18, 2017, 05:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Three days is now... today!
Old August 19, 2017, 12:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Congratulations, Adventurers!

In their first foray into adventuring our intrepid rogue, monk, and gunslinger conquered The Mad Manor of Astabar. Dealing with the antics of poltergeists and an imp, and solving the various puzzles fueled by a powerful wand, they managed to survive the dangers present and came away with the following loot:

907 worth of gold pieces
528 silver pieces

Potions of Healing x4
Potion of lesser restoration
Potion of dark vision
Potion of mage armor
Potion of magic weapon

Scroll: L1 Protection from Evil
Scroll: L1 Burning Hands
Scroll: L1 Feather Fall
Scroll: L2 Scorching Ray

Wand of magic missile: 7 charges left

Ring of protection +1 - +1 AC
Brooch of Shielding - This appears to be a piece of silver or gold jewelry used to fasten a cloak or cape. In addition to this mundane task, it can absorb magic missiles of the sort generated by the spell or spell-like ability. A brooch can absorb up to 101 points of damage from magic missiles before it melts and becomes useless.
Bracers of armor +2 - +2 AC

Quill
Inkwell
Writing Paper

Silver Dagger
+1 Dagger

Magnifying glass: Once per day the magnifying glass can cast the comprehend languages spell for written text only. The effect lasts for 1 hour and during that time anyone looking through the glass can read any language.

Wondrous Item: Deathwatch Eyes (These blood red crystal lenses fit snugly over the wearer's eyes. The wearer gains the constant effects of the deathwatch spell)

Deathwatch: Using the powers of necromancy, you can determine the condition of creatures near death within the spell’s range. You instantly know whether each creature within the area is dead, fragile (alive and wounded, with 3 or fewer hit points left), fighting off death (alive with 4 or more hit points), healthy, undead, or neither alive nor dead (such as a construct). Deathwatch sees through any spell or ability that allows creatures to feign death.

Loot is to be divvied up by the people who were present in the adventure but they are allowed to potentially dole it out to others if they see fit. The three adventurers present can figure it out for themselves

Also, all adventurers present will now be L2. This time around, all adventurers who were not present will not gain exp, just so that they can experience what it's like to be L1: in future, experience will be shared among those adventurers not present.

Last edited by Indefinite; August 19, 2017 at 12:46 AM.
Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2017, 12:48 AM   #30 (permalink)
Adventurer

Thanks for running it for us Indefinite ^^ . You did a great job and I'm looking forwards to the future .

As for loot from this adventure, personally I wouldn't mind the Bracers of armor +2 . I'm on the front most of the time and monks don't start with the greatest AC so they'd help me a bunch. As for the rest of it, feel free to take from it what you two want between yourselves. Monks don't need much in the way of worldly goods and thus I'm not interested in them xD. Though, perhaps a healing potion as well would be useful .

Sincerely, your friendly Monk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: