Old April 6, 2015, 08:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rattttt

Nimh has disabled reputation

Player Chatter, Announcements and FYIs

A Place for Player Announcements, Heads Ups and Other Goodies

Please feel free to use this thread to alert other players to your current status, goings-ons and other general chatter!
Nimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 6, 2015, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rattttt

Some of you may have noticed that the city forums look a little different. By that I mean, some stickies are gone, unstuck and tossed back into the waves of the forums to be forever forgotten...!

Why did you do that, Lauren??
Because some of the forums were looking outright cluttered with stickied nonsense. Additionally, a lot of that stickied information was outdated, allowing new people to come in and pluck up old starting packages and other old moderation and training rules that we used to go by. Additionally, with the advent of roaming moderators and no longer having city moderators we needed to alter the way we were presenting our cities. All you really need to see in the cities are their link maps and their profiles. In some cases there were news threads, which I kept stuck to the tops of the forums too so that anyone looking to start out in that city had access to the city's past events and happenings.

But you got rid of the OOC threads, too! What the why?!
Not a lot of people were using the OOC threads any more. To be honest, there were maybe only four that people have posted to since January 1st, 2015 and even then most of those posts were from January with the exception of one thread. It would seem most of us do our talking through PM or profiles these days. Plus, it's kind of nice to keep the forums as IC as we possibly can!

I don't know how I feel about these changes...
That's okay. You'll adjust, sooner or later. They're not major changes and to be honest you probably won't even miss the information cluttering the tops of the city forums anyway.

So what's the purpose of THIS thread??
It's to take the place of the OOC threads I just vanished, which seems counterproductive since I just said they were seldom used anyway. However, there are people who LIKED to post in the OOC threads so instead of posting in an individual city forum OOC thread, now you have a general forum "OOC" thread. We're a small community, so chances are that there's someone in another city that might not even see your post in your preferred city forum. Now this one can be a thread that people eye in general as you update them on what's new.

Don't make it a cluckfest, please. Talk...but don't be spamming the thread with a multitude of messages within the hour. Use it wisely...!
Old April 15, 2015, 08:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Khuril Nuztaitaiga is unknown and forgotten
Ooc

So I think I can post here,

I have been juggling a few life things lately, I am not sure when I will get back into my swing of posting, but I am hoping to soonish. Apologies for any delays.

Thanks for understanding,

Khuril
Old April 15, 2015, 10:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rattttt

You can post here! And life is totally understandable. Get back to posting when you can, no biggy!
Old March 1, 2017, 02:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

cutiepie is an upstanding Citizen
Potion New on this

Hi there I'm new in this forum, is this an online gaming site?
cutiepie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1, 2017, 08:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Stuck

Puppet is a famous HeroPuppet is a famous Hero

It's an online roleplaying game, but without any graphics. Instead, the adventures happen through describing your character's actions in writing and a moderator responding to your posts.

Maybe this will help you get a better idea:
About Aelyria - Aelyria
A Guide to Character Creation - Aelyria
Old July 30, 2017, 04:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

Emilia Brunel is an upstanding Citizen
I'm about ready to take off and post, I think.
Emilia Brunel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 13, 2017, 09:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Given current circumstances I've renovated our aelyria dnd discord channel to possibly serve as a chat alternative once IRC goes down. Unofficial, unsanctioned, etc. I'll pretty it up a bit once I'm back from vacation and not on ****e mobile hotel wifi.

Link should be an instant invite, I've made #general for the usual stuff, #help specifically for people who have questions, and #dnd was/is for dnd stuff.

https://discord.gg/aSM8wnw

Last edited by Indefinite; January 30, 2018 at 01:54 PM.
Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: