Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Prime > Aelyria Prime > The Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11, 2011, 12:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Famous

Alys is a famous HeroAlys is a famous Hero

Goblet [Proconsulate] Office of the Aide to the Proconsul [Party Planners Posting Place]

Autumn, Era XVIII

This office was neutral in colour containing a dark wood desk desk and green leather chair, an armchair of green leather and a dark mahogany coffee table, various filing cabinets and a map of Aelyria on one wall. Heavy green drapes framed a large picture window which overlooked the main parade ground that dominated the forumís inside courtyard.

This office was actually little altered from how it had been when Alys returned to Aelyria Prime, other than the filing cabinets were rapidly filling with papers. The newly-made Lady of nearly twenty had in fact been concentrating more on expanding her already-considerable wardrobe, in preference to alterations to this office, and her apartments, rooms few outsiders ever saw. Today, the young blonde displayed a fine light blue daytime dress from her wardrobe, her long hair drawn into a ponytail held in a silver clasp. A half-eaten jelly filled pastry sat on a little platter on her desk, which was otherwise covered with correspondances and other papers. Currently, she was reviewing the guest lists and other documentation related to the Empire Day festivities....
Old November 13, 2011, 01:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Lorin is unknown and forgotten
 There was a short rap on the door, one that was entirely out of place. The lady had no meetings at this hour, guests usually didn't tromp up to the door on their own, and if it was one of the various aides here to inform her about something... they wouldn't have just knocked, and then waited. A few more moments were given to waiting, and then hopefully the Lady Alys would call out a welcome, or hint at the stranger to make his entrance. The door lightly cracked open, giving whoever just enough room to slip in.

And slip in he did. White robes first came into view, and then a handsome young man, with dark hair falling over dark eyes, a thin body hid by billowing robes. He looked to be some cross between a grand Noble, and a majestic wizard... yet by his age, he was likely neither both.

A long smile stretched across his face, nearly creepy, unlikely genuine. At first glance, he seemed to be a suspicious figure.

"Serale, Miss Alys, Lady du Aestas. Aide to the Imperial Proconsul. I was sent here by my family, noble relatives of Master Tarn of the Academy. I am here to help the Lady with her party planning for Empire Day. She isn't expecting me, but I am hoping she will use any help she can get. I am Lorin Galt."

The words were spoke in a quick monotone. He chuckled after he spoke, tilting his head. "Milady wouldn't believe how many times that one has spoken that phrase in order to get here. Always someone asking what you are doing here. Can't just wander by for a friendly visit." He chuckled, waving a hand, as if dismissing all of the troubles he had stumbled across on his way here. "But in any case. Would you like my help?" He paused a moment to let all of his quick words sink in.

It was all moving fast, really. First he had shown up without an appointment, then he had just stated his intentions right off the bat, mixing in an introduction while he was at it. "This one understands if you must decline. The family heard of the party through the social circles we attend, and support such a thing. I suppose I am their way of showing support."

Old November 13, 2011, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Famous

"Come in," Lady Alys called from where she sat at her desk upon hearing the rapping, turning her head to see who would come through her door. The white-robed slender fellow who entered was unfamiliar to her, which he soon confirmed with his words. "Weclome, Mister Lorin," she answered with a polite nod of her blonde head, "and it should be 'Alys, Lady du Aestas', if you wish to be completely formal, or merely 'Lady Alys' in most conversation...And yes," she gave him a mirthful smile, "everyone who makes it in here, is someone who should be here...

"Ah, who is your noble family?" she asked, not immediately recalling his surname. Of course, the name of a noble house would often differ from the name of a relation..."And, ah, what skills and talents can you offer, towards the planning of these upcoming festivities?" Her Ladyship wondered aloud.
Old November 13, 2011, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Lorin is unknown and forgotten
 Lorin let out a rueful chuckle, giving a broad shrug of his shoulders, his robes rippling with the movement. "House Galt. We are really not a proclaimed or known house, at least not one you would think of. When this one said that I was simply a relative of a well-known man, this one was speaking complete and utter truth. That is as far as my Nobility, if you can call it that, goes. We are much like the petty Nobility of Old Prime. We like to think we are much more Noble than we really actually are. We barely even hold in influence in the Academy of Magic, which is where Master Tarn resides. Ever visited? Do you even have time for a pursuit such as magic?"

He gave her a curious look, then continued on, answering the rest of her questions. "As for a skillset... I can clean, mop, wash dishes, do a bit of cooking, write letters and hand out party invites. I am extremely good at making decorations, and even better at hanging such decorations. Top of my class in general studies, and that includes some politics... though likely not enough to mingle. In short, I am your basic hired help, just with a bit better head on my shoulders than most!"

Lorin chuckled, his smile stretching wide. "I can even get you another pastry." A long finger pointed at the half-eaten treat near her side.

Old November 14, 2011, 11:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Famous

"Ah, but the petty nobility of Prime are actually of noble lineage, despite the current parlous state of most of their houses," the onetime handmaiden to noblegirls of such houses replied from where she sat and looked up at the tall lanky man. "And no, I am unfamiliar with magic, or the Academy, my studies were in other areas," she admitted to him. "Are you an adept?" she wondered conversationally.

"That is sweet of you to offer!" Lady Alys grinned at his suggestion he could get her a pastry. "But, what I really need, is an assistant who can help sort out all the event response correspondance, help liason with the Palace Chamberlain, and keep track of the myriad details which have been decided upon, but not yet taken form...How is your penmanship? And, can you dance well in the ballroom?" she asked him. Then, since she had been reminded of the pastry on her desk, she plucked it up and took another bite while he responded.