Go Back   Aelyria > Community > Support > Feedback

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 8, 2009, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Anonymously Posted

Anonymous is a benevolent Adventurer
Signature Pic Default Sizes--What has happened to them?!

Supposedly we have default sizes with sig pics. Supposedly. More and more lately people are getting HUGE signature pics. I could point out several right here, right now, but I won't out of the kindness of my heart. However, if your sig pic takes up a huge amount of space, is larger than 60pix in height, then I'm looking at you.

And I'm looking at management, wondering what the heck happened to the sig pic thing telling you "Sorry, that's too big!" Can we get that back? Because the sig pics are starting to get bigger and bigger and it's sort of obnoxious.
Old May 8, 2009, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Anonymously Posted

Anonymous is a benevolent Adventurer
The implemented Signature thing -will- tell you if your signature is too big... if you're uploading it to the [ sigpic ] [ /sigpic] tag thing, I think. Problem is you can also link externally to images either in your albums, or hosted elsewhere, which I think is how people are getting over this rule.

Reminders would definitely be appreciated, though, as its kind of upsetting to see giant signature pictures that, sometimes, are even longer than the post. A small banner would suffice, if you would like a picture in your signature... lol.
Old May 21, 2009, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

Xigg Bone-Saw is unknown and forgotten
Yeah, look at this dinky thing I have for a sig pic...
Old May 27, 2009, 02:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Joona is unknown and forgotten

On most forums I've turned signatures off when people start using bigger and bigger images. On one forum a guy had forced his signature to be about 2500 px wide with pictures. This of course ruined the page wideness in pretty much every thread he posted in and people would have to scroll side ways to read. Horrible stuff. And all the pictures were completely useless, links to some of the stupid little web games where you try to get people to click your referrer link etc.

I have yet to stumble upon annoying signatures with useless information in Aelyria but in my opinion a banner a maximum of 100px in height and 400 px in width should be more than enough. Of course the cluttering around here isn't so bad when most of the IC posts are atleast two paragraphs or longer. But when skimming through a few pages of comments like "lol", "lawl", "I lolled", "rofl", each followed by 500 px worth of images it gets a little annoying.

Skinny, pointy ears, a tendency to giggle and burn easily in the sun ~ Elves
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: