Old May 27, 2013, 05:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Famous

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Apakai is a benevolent Adventurer

Private Threads for PC's?

Serale!

Is there a way that accounts could have private threads that they could do with as they wanted, but that no one else could see? For instance, if I wanted to take notes or realmcraft or work on my CIR, but I didn't want others to see that I was working on these things until they were complete, if ever?

While I love the notebook on my CP, it has a limited size and no formatting capabilities, and my CIR is unlimited with complete formatting capabilities, but can be seen by everyone.

I just didn't know if this was something that could be done, because I know that I could get plenty of use out of it!
Old May 27, 2013, 07:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

Game Masters have the ability to "unapprove" threads, which make them visible to the Game Master, and other Game Masters etc... but not to PCs or visitors. Apart from that, I am not sure if what you are requesting is available.

Shal
Shalafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 09:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

Prince of Lies™

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Serion D'Rinishad is a malevolent Minion

Might be possible to do something with your blog. I've never used it that way but it has a draft option.

Will be MIA for several days. I apologize for any threads I miss.

Serion D'Rinishad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2013, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Famous

With the blog? ...Hmmm... hadn't thought of that. Would it have all of the same formatting capabilities of a regular thread?
Old May 28, 2013, 02:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Krait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious Superhero

Is there a need to use Aelyria to host your notes? Else, any note-keeping software will work fine.

I personally use Evernote because of its Cloud ability (syncing between laptop and computer), web clipping and I like its note-managing features.

Previously I was using Notepad++ and Wikipad.
The Krait giveth, and the Krait taketh away - ur lootz & limbz 3:16
Back in the Office!

Krait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 06:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Floating Skull of Ebil

Shalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious SuperheroShalafi is a glorious Superhero

I think he wants something that has the options that the forum has, in particular, it sounds like he wants to be able to format his post to look exactly like it would on the site, before hand.

To be honest, it is a feature that would be welcome in my books, though given to everyone it might take up a fair bit of space on the site.
Shalafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 07:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Famous

Krait- Notepad++ ftw. It is what I'm using now, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
I think he wants something that has the options that the forum has, in particular, it sounds like he wants to be able to format his post to look exactly like it would on the site, before hand.
Exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalafi View Post
To be honest, it is a feature that would be welcome in my books, though given to everyone it might take up a fair bit of space on the site.

That makes sense. To be honest, I would be okay if it was a companion perk...
Old May 28, 2013, 12:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

Saha is an upstanding Citizen
That'd be an interesting feature indeed! While the CP is nice, I'd love a feature that has all the formatting that posted threads have. I'd find it especially useful for storing PC CIR drafts while working on layout-related things.

A companion-only feature would be okay too. Maybe a function like "thread drafts" that only the poster can see until they move it from "draft" to an actual thread through posting. If that makes sense.

CIRSoF
Saha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 04:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Wow. So mod. Much nice.

Krait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious SuperheroKrait is a glorious Superhero

Oh. Urm... I copy paste the entire draft (+ formatting) to the notes. And when needed to work on it copy paste it over to the site haha XD
The Krait giveth, and the Krait taketh away - ur lootz & limbz 3:16
Back in the Office!

Krait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 05:24 AM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

Shriyk is a benevolent Adventurer

"The Krait giveth advice, and the Krait taketh away some of the merit of this proposal."

My thoughts and words are unending.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Shriyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 09:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krait View Post
Oh. Urm... I copy paste the entire draft (+ formatting) to the notes. And when needed to work on it copy paste it over to the site haha XD
Well, yes, there is that. However I'm afraid of doing this because there is always the chance that either myself or my 19 month old will click on the 'Submit Reply' button accidentally. Not a big deal, but an annoyance if it happened.

Saving them on Notepad++ means locally saving as opposed to the convenience of saving them with the rest of Apakai's stories on Aelyrian servers. Saving them on the CP notepad is also difficult if I am keeping track of several different projects. And what if want to keep all of these things formatted and separated and linked with a table of contents? My seem silly to some, but this is the kind of thing I do, I suppose.

<------ Silly

This is by no means a necessity, it would simply be a convenient perk for me, and I think lots of others that find themselves twiddling their thumbs in between replies.
Old May 29, 2013, 12:12 PM   #12 (permalink)
Citizen

Katarina Esaka is an upstanding Citizen
Google docs is always an option. I like the fact that it makes it easier to collaborate with someone else by sharing the file as well.
Old May 29, 2013, 01:05 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hero

Ein'nasar Mythranthil is a glorious SuperheroEin'nasar Mythranthil is a glorious SuperheroEin'nasar Mythranthil is a glorious SuperheroEin'nasar Mythranthil is a glorious SuperheroEin'nasar Mythranthil is a glorious Superhero

I'm too lazy to check this again, but IIRC doesn't PMs show all formatting as if you're on a thread? You might be able to do this by sending yourself your own drafts in a PM.

Character Sheet | Secrets of Foresight
Blue = Spoken Words | Green = Inner Thoughts

Currently preferring Sword XP over Sorcery XP when possible. Also looking for XP for my Minor Magic when applicable.visiting Korea till the 20th, delayed posting.
Ein'nasar Mythranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2013, 03:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Famous

So I admit that there are many different ways to do this (although PM's might be the best way that I hadn't thought of ). All really good ideas though! However, I was asking because what I proposed would easily be more convenient than any of the aforementioned ways. Being that all of the work I did would be saved in a formatted form for me to look at and add to as easily as if it was my CIR.

Like I said though, not a necessity. If it is an extremely difficult item to add to the site, then no big deal. Believe me, life will continue.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: