Old November 10, 2011, 09:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Trasia is an upstanding Citizen
Treasure Mod Online status section?

Perhaps include a section that shows all mods and gm's of all flavors and displays what sections the work. The feature could bump those that are currently online online to the top of the list. Those not online it shows when they were last on.

Secrets of Foresight

CIR
Trasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2011, 11:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Former Staff

Khaine is a benevolent Adventurer
I'd actually be against showing when a mod is or isn't online.

I've taken to hiding my online status because I've had PC's visitor message or PM me as SOON as I'm spotted online to try and get posts out of me (and I post at a reasonably fast rate already). A section showing provinces, cities and their GM's... along with AGM's could be good... but showing that mods are online? Yeah... don't like that myself.
Khaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2011, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Vermilion Skies

Jacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious SuperheroJacob is a glorious Superhero

This is a standard feature of some of the newer forum softwares out there, but it's not anything we're going to push to implement at this time; every time we add another box that does this kind of stuff, it's more database queries and more chances of folks getting the lovely "no available nodes" messaging. One of the goals in development right now is to limit the amount of processing power we require, not heighten it.

This may happen eventually as a consequence of our future development, but it's not anything we're going to consciously implement in the short- or mid-term at this point.
Jacob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2011, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

Tercet is a benevolent AdventurerTercet is a benevolent Adventurer

Meanwhile, the 'Who's Online' box at the bottom of the main forum listing will display mods that have their online status public; plain blue names are AGMs and bold blue names are GMs. However, just because someone's online, doesn't mean they might be immediately available; it'll show that someone's online for an hour after their most recent activity on the board unless they log out or switch accounts.

Probably the best way to snag a mod for real-time discussion is by popping into chat and asking for one; a bunch of mods lurk in chat and may have a moment to help
Tercet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2011, 01:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Leaving on a Jet Plane

Pierott is a famous HeroPierott is a famous Hero
The Player Advisor Team has been discussing a Master List thread of "Who's Who" in each area of the board. So, look for that soon enough. Otherwise, I know from my own xp that a posting schedule in the GM or AGM's office helps. For a sample, click on Pie's Safe below my sig. Sure, it's not written in stone, but it's a nice start.
Pierott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 10, 2011, 04:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lady Justice

Wealth Tier: Steel
Liselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious SuperheroLiselle Vampyler Sapientia is a glorious Superhero

Pierott's idea has a lot of merit. The only thing I see that could be tricky is trying to keep it up to date but I trust the player team to do that. =-)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: