Old September 7, 2018, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[PA] Welcome to the Family

The days of recovery sort of melted together, creating a ball of confusion and fractured memories. Oh and pain. Still quite a bit of pain. Even now, as the elfess managed to rise with little issue from her prison-erm, bed, a single press against her scar brought quite a bit of pain.

That damned vampire would pay for what she left behind. However, Tali couldn't help but see the scar as a reminder. A life that she was willing to give up, but was glad that she didn't. It was a rather difficult time when all of those events happened. To the point where even her journal's scribbles are incomplete.

What mattered most? Was that she was even alive at all.

With a slow and steady spring to her step, she crawled out of the bed and into the dimly lit room that had been her home for, well, she wasn't certain how long. A gentle smile fell across her pale features. She had nearly forgotten that this was sort of home now. These wonderful people had accepted her into their 'family' however long ago.

Speaking of, perhaps it was time for a proper introduction. But first-! Water. Food. And check on Amanda. After that, she likely had enough time to function like a normal person and leave a good impression on her new family members. Subconsciously, as if afraid of bumping it against anything, she cradled her scarred arm close to her stomach while moving.

Posting Status: Family Emergency - will post as often as I'm able

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2018, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

For the most part, Tali was left to her own devices. Yes Amanda did show up here and now to check on her, but the doctor felt that the girl would benefit far more from some time to think. In a short span of time the elf had her entire world view turned upside down, and then thrown into a river for good measure. It gave the elfess plenty of time to observe her surroundings, and observe as Amanda tended to her other patients. Many of them, had not fared as well. Moans of pain drifted to Tali's pointed ears now and again, filling the air with a chorus of discomfort and pain.

As the days went on, so did the others. Death claimed some of them. Amanda's solemn face always accompanying the recently departed as the observed the final rituals necessary to lay them to rest as asked. On the exact opposite side of the spectrum though, recovery was also a thing. The sick room was ablaze in a cacophony of murmurs, quiet conversation, and general camaraderie.

When Tali finally felt ready to leave, Amanda was there to meet her! Literally. A green gaze met her own, and lifted an eyebrow. "I'm pretty sure I said you needed to stay in bed a few more days." The human's voice was dry enough to parch a throat. "Is there ever a time where you just follow directions, Tali?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2018, 01:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Alright. Super important. Just take everything one step at a time. It's not going to be easy at first, but so long as-

-helLLO THERE.

Widened copper eyes met emerald, sending the elfess tumbling back into the bed. Owww... Tali hissed due to using her bad arm to try and catch herself subconsciously in the fall, pulling it up into her lap where it was safe. After taking a moment to recover, a sheepish grin slipped across her pale features. "I mean, technically I'm not sure when that was so to me it could have been a few days ago. Just saying."

She tucked a strand of hair behind her pointed ear, keeping her gaze averted. She hadn't expected to socialize quite so soon, but it seemed as though fate had other plans in mind. "H-how are you? Doing alright?" Gods, she hated it when there was a stammer in her voice.

Old September 17, 2018, 01:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

Amanda took the time Tali used to stammer, stumble, and generally freak out, to make some observations herself. In short, the elf still looked awful. Her hair made a rat's nest look enviable, as the doctor had not gotten the chance to deal with anything short of life threatening. The dark bruising underneath her eyes added to the exhaustion she could feel practically dripping off the elf standing -barely- in front of her. Amanda wasn't too sure if she pushed lightly, that Tali wouldn't topple onto the floor. With the lack of anything more sustaining than was absolutely required, she wasn't surprised.

Yet, despite that the doctor smiled. Yes, Tali appeared a complete disaster, but she was a living catastrophe, instead of a dead one. Whatever issues the elf might be having now, they were repairable. Her emerald eyes met Tali's own copper, accompanied by a sardonic tilt to her lips.

Yes, they were repairable, if the elf would actually listen to her, and allow those repairs to happen. Amanda didn't give an answer to that, instead commenting on something else. [b]"Well, you still look quite awful, and half dead to boot." She moved past Tali, heading over to the bed where the elfess had taken up residence for the past few days. "You know, just saying." Amanda quipped, heading over to check on another patient. Laying on the bed before her was an older man perhaps in his fifties, his face pockmarked and scarred to the point that he might well be wearing a mask. "Leonard, are you awake today?" Her voice was gentle, but also threaded with amusement. The man didn't care to respond, but the slow rise and fall of his chest indicated he was still living.

Amanda looked back behind her, staring at Tali like she'd briefly forgotten her. "Oh, sorry. How am I doing? Busy, for the most part. The assault was a success, but we sustained heavy casualties, regardless. Now that you're no longer at death's door I can put other people on priority." She seemed distracted, checking over this thing and that. Leonard still refused to move. The human female rolled her eyes, and soundly smacked the elder man.

Oof!" He exclaimed, opening his eyes to reveal that they were a surprisingly bright shade of blue. The crinkled gaze fell upon Amanda first, and then narrowed. "What was it about respectin' yer elders that you never seemed to catch, Mandy?" His voice was akin to a knife being sharpened, gravely, but with still held precision. Amanda didn't seem impressed, reaching over to hand him over something, which he took in a surprisingly firm grip. "Stop being an ornery old bastard for a minute, and drink up. You'll feel better, though I'm sad to say it won't fix that ugly mug of yours."

The man chuckled, and slowly drank. When he finished the cup was set aside, and those alert eyes focused then on Tali. "Now, who is this beautiful young lady I see here?" He grinned, revealing a set of semi white teeth, interspersed here and there with a gold filling. "Can't be one of yer friends Mandy, seems too classy for that." He laughed, a high wheezing sound that quickly turned into an exclamation of pain, upon the doctor playfully smacking him again. With a sigh that suggested she had suffered this far too often, Amanda gestured to the older man. "Talindra, much as it pains me to say, this ornery old fool is Leonard, our Battlemaster." She leveled another gaze at him. "And he wouldn't have been hurt, if he'd just stayed behind and kept things secure here, rather than go with us on the bloody raid." The gaze morphed into a glare, as Leonard waved a hand. "Bah, told you already, gotta keep my skills sharp so they don't get all rusty."

Amanda refrained from responding to that. Instead she gestured to Tali. "Leonard, this is Talindra. Our newest recruit." The doctor said nothing else, allowing a second of silence for the old man to look Tali over. His blue eyes swept across the elf's form, and then followed it with a quick nod. "What'd she do to catch yer eye, Mandy?"

"She held her own passably against Elizabeth, while dealing with extreme emotional duress."

He whistled, a soft cackling sound that was laughter. "Well goddamn girl, that makes you alright in my book!" A rustle of sheets heralded his attempts to sit up, even if Amanda did have to help him a bit. "Hope you got her but good, anything that brings that bitch down a peg is fine by me. Got some moxy on ya." A long, spindly finger reached up, pointing to one of the scars. One particularly that was on his left cheek. "Got this one in a tussle with her a few years back, she hurt you bad?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 19, 2018, 01:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Why did she think standing was a good idea again? Or sitting? Or existing, for that matter?

Per the doctor's 'request', or statement rather to the obvious that she didn't want to admit to herself, Tali climbed back into bed. Each movement was sluggish and carried with it quite a deal of pain. Every part of her wanted to just collapse and allow the throbbing to slowly subside on its own as she drifted in and out of nightmares. However, she had struck up a conversation so it would be rude to back out now. Instead she settled for laying with a pillow or two to prop her upper torso upright. It took a moment or so, with her eyes closed and forced calm breaths, for her mind to function properly. Everything hurt. It was hard to think straight or of much else. Even her common courtesy was but a whisper in a screaming rampage.

Yes. Laying down was a much better idea, after all.

She offered up a gentle smile, the best that she could muster as the two bantered back and forth with one another. It was good to see others who were recovering well. After all that had gone down, everyone was dealing with quite a bit of stress - physical and emotional. Although even that was hard to say due to how animated their apparent battlemaster was.

"A pleasure to meet you, sir," Tali replied as she did her best to offer a respectful bow toward him. It didn't feel good, but it was worth a shot if nothing else. Their mention of Elizabeth sent a solid rock into the pit of her stomach. All she could manage was a small nod as her gaze fell to her arm which looked worse than she thought. "Y-yeah...but I'm okay. I wasn't meant to be in the fight, but I'm glad that I was there when it happened. It will be a pleasure training with you when we both recover."

She closed her eyes once more, finding the image of the vampire stirring up emotions that she was too exhausted to deal with. Talking wasn't much better, so she was more or less trapped inside of her own head. Since the darkness did nothing but force those memories to the surface, she settled for staring up at the ceiling. Perhaps listening to others carrying on and being merry would help distract her.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: