Old August 18, 2018, 08:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Rose The Less I Know the Better

Timestamp: Summer of Era XXV

It wasn’t,
T’wasn’t a very pleasant description all told,
But then, Éclair was of a mind that little truly was what it appeared to be,
Basking in the suns warmth,
Indolent as she lounged about upon the balcony,
There was little about the young woman that was particularly focused,
As there’d been ever so much to think about during the Winter, in just what her next course of action was to be after Her Fiancé had Blessed Her anew,
The Circlet of Pain.
Sure, there was a few… Oddities,
Like it specifying a Male, but then, whatever!
But it did fit with, well, if she’d effectively consumed and spat out the soul of the High Priestess of the Thorns… well, maybe, just possibly, it was part and parcel of Éclair replacing Havina in earnest. Just, y’know… it sounded so dreadfully uncomfortable!
Would though,
Eventually, potentially,
Need a Crown - it only made sense given the young woman’s goals,
And what better than one Blessed by Her Mister Jorel?!
A Crown of Thorns…
But well, here was, t’was hoping that was just what,
Happened when a typically black-armour clad male Jorelite went to War and did the Stupid,
And that it’d be far more Interesting and Non-Ow if she had it? All things Changed after all!
But first?
Needed Information!
Had to know where to go after all!
Which made for Éclair in an almost bored manner as she waved a hand,
Cast “Summon Fiend as she sought out a Demonic Information Broker.
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18, 2018, 09:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Fiend #1 summoned!

It looked like somebody had taken a bunch of fist-sized rocks, and then mashed them together in a vaguely humanoid shape. Then add on to that the fact that he seemed to be leaking molten magma out of... um, everywhere?

Every word it spoke resulted in billowing puffs of acrid black smoke. And, quite frankly, it was hard to listen to. In fact, Éclair was reminded of a certain earth demon.

She was pretty sure the fiend had asked why it had been summoned, though.
Old August 18, 2018, 11:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Well that surely wasn’t going to be good for the floor,
Nose wrinkling in distaste, increasingly certain that she really should,
Leave Summoning to places better suited for it like the Laboratory and the Bastion in the Castle Basement,
Oh well!
Damage Done!
And if nothing else,
She’d be able to find out just how good Rusty’s Magic Mop really was,
Never mind,
That she found the whole,
Talky-Talk side of things more than a little challenging,
Furrowed brow as,
Oh so lazily Éclair dragged herself upright,
Delicate as a finger was carefully inserted into an ear and given a good wriggle,
Just making sure that she’d heard, that she Understood!
”I want to know more about My Love’s Crown,
The Crown of Pain, the Circlet of Thorns.”
Old August 18, 2018, 11:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

The Fiend had no idea what that was.

It was a Fiend, after all. Immaterial Chaos and Entropy made material - a physical construct of necromancy. Their very nature meant that, on a whole, they could be easily aligned with the Aeternians and such, but not in the same way that Demons were. Fiends were very much their own little faction, their own entities.

The more powerful ones, perhaps, had their ways and methods, remembering their times in the Material, perhaps even having some way to contact the Demons of Aeternia. Your average Fiend, though? Probably forgot most things when it sank back into the Immaterial.

Last edited by Indefinite; August 18, 2018 at 11:26 PM.
Indefinite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19, 2018, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

“. . . ?”
Uh. Never mind that,
Éclair? Really didn’t have the faintest Understanding,
About what the difference was. Summoned, and what happened after that, well,
One step forwards then the other one! One problem at a time!
More over,
It felt… prudent, not to Summon,
Any of the Usual Suspects given just what she was seeking,
Strudel? Definitely not!
Iroi? Probably harmless, but Éclair still wasn’t certain if Loyalty was to Her or the Succubi,
Archippos? Still Wary after the Olyséran Incident.
No, there was a whole lot of,
Sensible paranoia in that pushing for an increase,
In Her Influence within Aeternian Circles needed to be done Just So.
It was one thing to be The Beloved of Jorel,
And another, to actually take steps to cement such a position,
”Umm.”
“Thanks,
You’ve been very useful,”
Not really, but at least it was, t’was an Answer,
Even if the whole, ‘What Next’ was more than a little confusing as she watched the Fiend spill lava upon to the balcony floor,
Perhaps… well,
Ayup! Time to Consult the Plushy’s!
Old August 19, 2018, 01:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Drip, drip, sizzle.

The Fiend, Minor as it was? Well...

More words. Did this mean it could go, then? Frankly, the fact that it'd answered without asking for something in return had been quite generous.

Plushies? Plushies! In her room, as she recalled. Leave the Fiend? Dismiss the Fiend?
Old August 19, 2018, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Definitely Dismiss the Fiend!
Wasn’t, t’wasn’t of any use to Her outside,
That it didn’t know what the Crown was, so… well,
It evidently couldn’t help her obtain it so why leave the creature messing up the floor of their Bedroom?
Definitely not needed!
Priority though,
As ever settled upon the Plushies as Éclair darted off once the Fiend had been returned,
If anyone knew,
Where the Crown of Pain was,
It was surely Her Mister Gentleman and Mister Lord Jorel,
And Great (Grand) Pharaoh and Mister Sleepy Naptime! Whether they’d Help,
Of course was, t’was another matter entirely, but if one didn’t ask, one wouldn’t know!
Old August 19, 2018, 02:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Up to the bedroom where they'd been seen last, then. With the Fiend dismissed, and no longer dripping on the floor? Well, it seemed like the janitor was probably going to have his work cut out for him. Maybe it was less cleaning at that point and more just straight up repair work, likely.

Bedroom! Where... mmm.

Surfboards. Swim trunks - although just right over the existing clothes. And 'waves' that were made by the synchronized movements of many, many Servant plushies.

Surfing on the bedroom floor! Hang ten. Gnarly!
Old August 19, 2018, 03:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Head tilting to the side,
As ever, Éclair watched in utmost adoration,
Never truly Understanding what it was, t’was that Her Plushies did,
Beyond that it all seemed like a dreadful lot of fun and that none of them ever seemed to actually Win,
A Game without a Vic-Tor-É was Odd,
But then, it just went to show that Her Plushy Loves,
Were just too equally matched against one anoher!
Plopping herself down,
Never really certain as to whether she should try to join in,
Or if her role was to remain as an adoring admirer of Her Mister Jorel’s in all their forms,
Certain though,
That it wasn’t her place to disturb Her Love,
Content just to curl up on the floor and watch in fascination.
So WeiRd.
Surfing? So not something Éclair had ever witnessed before,
And for all that the water was constructed out of Servant Plushies?
There was still the occasional gasp or exclamation from Éclair at the Plushies daring antics,
Old August 19, 2018, 03:38 AM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Aaaaand, big swell!

Splooooosh!

All of the Plushies unfortunately wiped out, only to find themselves strewn by the capricious tides all over Éclair.

Oh, hello! Plastered about her front, save Sleepy Naptime who was currently snoozing atop her head where He had landed? They waved up at her.
Old August 19, 2018, 08:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Hi-Hi!
Beaming as the waves broke,
Trying to remain positively still lest she send Mister Sleepy Nap Time tumbling from His perch,
Poor Plushy Servants,
But as ever, was towards The Greater Good,
All too happily embracing the three Mister Jorel’s,
Nigh crushing the Plushy Love’s against her chest before relaxing just a little bit,
Sure, they didn’t need to breathe,
(She thought, hoped!), but it paid to be mindful,
All things Changed, and just because they hadn’t last time didn’t mean they didn’t now,
Or something like that!
”T’was very, very Impressive!” Éclair added,
Her words tumbling together in appreciation for the Mister Jorel’s antics,
Which given that Éclair hadn’t the faintest clue,
As to what ‘Surfing’ was? It’d definitely looked like a terrible lot of fun!
Though… how would she ever get all the people of Temperance together in one place to act as the platform and be willing to let her try it?!
Distracted!
Focus! Pay Attention!
Old August 19, 2018, 08:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Hugs! The Plushies were built for hugs, after all. They hugged her right back!

The Servants, now that they were no longer being utilized as the Surfing mechanism? Seemed to be scattering, cleaning everything up, stowing everything away as needed. Perhaps there would be another day wherein the boards would be needed. For now? Best not to leave such things lying around, where they might be stepped upon if not careful.

Now then. Welcome back! Éclair had been busy(?) working, so, now she was back! The Plushies were clever. They knew she wanted something from them, watching and waiting expectantly.
Old August 20, 2018, 12:50 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

To Love & Be Loved,
And even at the very worst times in her life,
Her Mister Jorel had been there for Her!
Squeezing fondly anew,
There remained a blessed innocence about the young woman,
The child-like quality that, for all Éclair had systematically gone against nigh every convention of the Imperial and Order that she could and then some - that she wasn’t A Bad Person.
A kiss cemented upon the forehead of each Plushy (sans Mister Sleepy Naptime lest she topple the Plushy),
Careful not to nod her head in agreement,
Busy. T’was no longer Winter, which meant, ever so much to do!
The ‘What’ was always a bit of a juggling act given Éclair’s intent to continue subverting Normal within the District of Maeve until all of the accumulated Changes amounted to something truly drastic. Just, y’know, hadn’t forgotten to look abroad too!
Uncertain though,
As to how to manage it with Talky-Talk,
When she’d become far too used to silence and gestures when communicating with the Plushies,
And yet, rousing Sleepy Naptime from His slumber would have been so dreadfully rude!
”The Circlet of Pain and the Winds of Insanity.”
Éclair mouthed eventually, increasingly certain that it sounded like Aetherian Propaganda,
Enough to bring an unpleasant twist to the Jorelite’s lips. No better by far to come from Her Plushy Jorel’s!
Old August 20, 2018, 01:14 AM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The Plushies all looked at each other, having a quick little discussion, before turning back to Éclair and nodding.

Yes. Indeed. Those existed!
Old August 20, 2018, 02:20 AM   #15 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

. . .
. . .
. . . ?
Wait, those were the Actual Names?
That part took Éclair a little off guard,
Not expecting that given, y’know, it really wasn’t as if,
Her Love’s Presence within Telath caused Insanity - certainly, she’d have seen evidence of that by now!
Disbelieving as she eyed the Mister Jorel Plushies,
No, t’was a Hard Sell indeed considering that there might be something not quite on the level about Her Love’s influences,
Thoughtful,
“Am I allowed to know where the Crown is?”

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: