Old August 20, 2018, 03:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Either Jorel had been in a particularly sullen and edgy mood that day, or it had just come to be accepted that the 'titles' given to the artifacts were colloquial enough that it was easier to just accept them being called that.

Now, was Éclair allowed to know where it was?

There was another little executive meeting, wherein Éclair was pretty sure nothing was happening, but they all stared at each other very intently for a while before glancing up at her.

Half of them nodded yes. The other half shook their heads.

Er, Sleepy Naptime Jorel plopping down from atop her head to join in, so that the numbers worked out. Drowsy, but had a job to do!
Old August 20, 2018, 04:12 AM   #17 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Yes? No? Yes? No?
Uh. That, that drew a lengthy pause,
As even Mister Sleepy Naptime awakened long enough to ensure that there remained an even split between Her Loves,
Well that was,
T’was a Little Awkward,
Given that it wasn’t as if she could up and seek the Crown,
When Her Love wasn’t completely of a mind that it was Right & Proper for Her,
Butterflies fluttering nervously,
The pit of her stomach churning, leaving it’s unpleasant queasy sensation,
As she truly didn’t know what to make of it beyond…
No. That might have been a Maybe, but it was just as much in the Other Direction too,
“Kay.” with equal indecision, and for a moment there was the temptation to have Her Star of Aeternia as the deciding Vote… only… she’d seen it break once and the idea of it happening again absolutely terrified Éclair.
”Very well then My Love,
Thoughts upon the… replacement, of a certain Governor?”
Sure, the Oracle of Jorel was a thing,
But given she was on less than good terms with Éclair, well, Consult the Plushies it was, t'was!
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 20, 2018, 03:52 PM   #18 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

They played out their reactions through a little improvised skit - but, squeezed by Éclair as they were, they couldn't exactly do it themselves. So, they just wound up directing from afar, as the Servants took a bit of time to set up a stage and bring up some props.

Right now! Lady Thane! A comically-dressed Servant, wearing a hastily thrown together dress just a little too small, presumably playing the role of Éclair? Playing around! Eating much. Lazing about. Sleep. Really, Éclair delegated most of her tasks to other people, and this was fine when it came to running a city.

Now then. Governor! The difference came with a big sign that hung around the Servant's neck labeled 'Governor.' Now, see, she was sitting at a desk doing a lot of paperwork and such. Running around doing work! Busy busy busy! Busy busy busy! That was because Éclair wasn't just going to become a governor - she was going to assume the guise of an existing governor! Deviation meant detection! Detection meant death! Death to the dracon!

Thoughts were thoughts. No 'yay', no 'nay', merely thoughts. Each of the Plushies may have had their own opinions as to whether this would be for better or for worse, whether this was something that Éclair would pursue, but unanimously? It seemed they were in agreement that it would lead to Éclair likely having to actually go out and do things! As well as increased exposure for anybody that Éclair interacted with - particularly her Lovers.
Old August 21, 2018, 01:33 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Ooh! A Play!
Settling in for the show,
There was a curious look at the Plushy dressed as…Her?
Only for an arched eyebrow directed to the Mister Jorel’s. All too aware that Her Crimson Tea Gown had come from Mister Lord Plushy, and that most of the Lamian garments had come from a combination of Great (Grand) Pharaoh and Mister Gentleman,
But there was,
T’was No Comment nor rebuke there,
Just wry amusement that even the poor Plushy ended up with the same treatment,
Waaaaait.
Governor’s did work? That… that didn’t sound right!
Certainly, none of the one’s she’d ever met had seemed to.
Sure, the Lady Governor Maeve had been Busy, but Éclair had thought that that was just, y’know, pretence. More Make Believe.
Detection Meant Death.
If ever there was a way to drill it home to Éclair,
That? Pretty darn high up there. Sure, it might not, but then,
She rather doubted that she could keep up the Game of Make-Believe long enough to not make it a risk. Aeternia, how many Era’s had it taken before she’d simply accepted the markers of Her Mister Jorel and more or less made them a fashion choice so acceptable that even Miss Tiyribi didn’t seem to mind,
Doubted that that,
Would hold true when pretending to be Lindsay Maeve.
Doing Stuff was, t’was Fine,
Dead, or risking Her Anna and Meli was, t’was Not Fine. Not even remotely!
”Oh. Umm. Kay.”
Was all Éclair could manage as it sunk in,
Not quite certain as to where that left her.
Old August 21, 2018, 01:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
Foreboden!

It was, it seemed, the sad plight of the Aeternian. Aeternian dracon, even, that just made it all the worse. Always in hiding, always evading detection, always ensuring that the secret never went out. In privacy, in secret strongholds, these were the sort of things that could come out. In public society, however, well, there was a reason why Temperance was Temperance, and the Undercity was the Undercity. Some things needed to remain hidden. The veneer needed to remain... well, intact.

And so where exactly did that leave Éclair? It was a difficult question. But one that did have a solution.

Servant-Éclair! And, and, more Servants. And more Servants. More Servants. Ones that buoyed her up, and ran around and did her work.

What Éclair needed was to build the right Support Network. Just like she had in Temperance. If she could do such a thing... perhaps the Make-Believe could hold.

(Or, well, she could try to do something else.)
Old August 21, 2018, 04:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

It was,
T’was all so dreadfully Confusing,
Especially when, Éclair continued to struggle to figure out,
Just how to ensure that the Dollhouse was always brimming with brand new Plushies!
Was after all on a Mission From God!
(Sans Glasses ‘cause that hadn’t quite worked out!)
Which as the Servants ran about her,
There, she was in whole hearted agreement as to the Need for more Plushies,
But at a loss for the How given that most of those that assisted Her in Temperance had been siphoned off other Aeternian’s or simply accommodated,
But then,
But then until she went looking,
It wasn’t as if she’d truly know what existed where,
And as The Roses had been quite accomodating, well, there might always be those of Mister Meephos and the like that had their roots within the neighbouring towns and cities.
Thoughtful as the Star of Aeternia was removed,
And her pointing in a few given directions with, “Riversong, Arconis, Port Alyxandrya, Cameon.”
As if nothing else, it seemed Sensible to avoid the places right where the Governor was.
Old August 22, 2018, 12:08 AM   #22 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Spin spin spin!

Spin spin spin!

...Riversong!
Old August 22, 2018, 02:07 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Riversong!
Which, Éclair supposed,
‘sposed even that that Made Sense.
Foot in the door and what not,
And with the Lady Charis kinda sorta already looking after that area and Trade?
It probably was overdue that she have a look-see.
Well.
No probably about it,
Humming softly as the Star of Aeternia was returned,
To rest beneath the hollow at her throat, one by one the Mister Jorel Plushies were set down before her,
Only for a wary look to be cast towards the Bed,
The wondering whether Melissa was even up and about yet given,
Well. It did seem quite appropriate that they do this together given the Lady Charis was one of Meli’s,
Old August 22, 2018, 02:23 AM   #24 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The answer was no.

A certain disheveled Countess was bundled up in so many sheets it looked like she was in a burrito. Her sleeping habits were quite varied - sometimes she was simply sprawled out and completely uncovered, sometimes she bundled up significantly like this. Underwear? Totally naked? It was honestly like throwing at a dart board to determine what exactly her state would be in.

ZzZZzzzZZzzZzz
Old August 22, 2018, 03:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Tsk!
And here she was,
Still getting up when Anna did for work,
Whilst Her Meli-Doll was lazing away!
Huffing grumpily,
Frustration largely due to sheer envy,
Rather than being upset that Her Doll might be able to get away with a couple more candlemarks of ZzzZz and warmth when the opportunity presented itself,
Work to be done it seemed,
Both in Awakening Her Meli, just as, well,
The brightening might have taken a considerable detour,
But it wasn’t as if Éclair didn’t anticipate that; Plans were just asking for Trouble,
Which was, t’was why she tried to stay flexible,
”Plushy Servants,
Could you please prep the Bath…” Éclair voiced,
Only to plop herself hard upon the edge of their bed to ensure a nice solid bounce,
”Rise and shine Sleepyhead!
Time for Sleeping Beauty to awaken!”
Old August 22, 2018, 04:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Grmbrlghr.

Melissa pulled the covers over her head and rolled to turn her back to Éclair.

"Dunwanna."

At least the Servants were rather more cooperative in doing as they were told.
Old August 23, 2018, 07:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Bouncing upon the edge of the bed,
It was one of those rare moments where Éclair hesitated,
Between what she Wanted, and what she Did,
All too tempted,
Just to Entropy the bedding and de-blanket Her Meli,
But for the whole, it was Her Bedding too! And moreover,
Given the intent to be in Riversong by the evening? It wouldn’t have been very nice at all,
For Anna to come home from work and find the bed nigh destroyed,
”No?” Éclair queried with another bounce,
“Don’t want to come to Riversong with me, Meli-Love?”
Old August 23, 2018, 11:43 PM   #28 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Nnnnuuuuuuuh." Less a response and more just the Countess groaning that she'd have to get up and do things, then. A quiet acquiescence to Éclair, as Melissa began to slowly unroll herself from her blanket burrito, eventually sprawled out (no lingerie today, according to the random number generator of life) and yawning as she did her best to muster up some reserve of energy to work with.

"Why we goin'?" Definitely hadn't been paying attention to what Éclair had been up to.
Old August 24, 2018, 02:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

“No?” queried again,
Reinforcing it with another bounce of their bed,
Grinning all the while as Meli at least made the beginnings of an effort to arise for the brightening,
T’was a start,
Even if it was hardly,
As if Melissa was bustling with activity,
Éclair had long since come to terms that unless Her Doll had a purpose for the brightening?
There really seemed to be no great rush to do anything. That it seemed worse ever since Mister Sleepy Naptime had joined the collective of Plushies was a little bothersome,
Curious as ever,
Whether coincidence,
Or if the Plushies had a genuine effect upon her and those about her,
But either way?
Not a problem! Who was she,
To question Her Love’s influences or lack thereof?
”’Cause my Star said so mostly. But also ‘cause,
Probably should see what Aeternian’s are in the area given Lady Charis didn’t seem all that fussed,”
Old August 24, 2018, 02:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Grumble grumble.

Melissa managed to sit up. A group of plushies had managed to find some underthings for her to put on, and another cadre of them were figuring out what exactly her outfit proper for the day would be, while a third gathering was getting together the makeup and everything else that would be needed for her to get ready properly.

But there was still the bath to be taken before all of that. There came from her a questioning glance, as to whether or not Éclair had already done so and would like to join, or... hm, what time was it? Unsure.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: