Old August 9, 2018, 06:18 AM   #1 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Rose God's Plan/Wonderland

Jorel's Plan/Chaosland

Timestamp: Summer, Era XXV

Dimples flashed as Éclair waved nigh frantically towards the Castle,
But a kiss blown towards the battlements as the notion of it likely being quite a few Cycles until she saw Her Meli. Loathing the very notion, and yet, she’d procrastinated for quite long enough given that the depths of Winter truly would have been a far better time indeed to spend time abroad in the Warmth of the West.
Damage Done.
All things Changed,
But some? Harder to manage than others,
As Éclair had sought to adjust to a lifestyle that involved horrendously early awakenings to fit better with Her Anna’s routines and that of the Ballet Practice,
No, this, this t’was Important,
As she wheeled Blair the Horse around,
Hands knotted about the reigns as she gave a gentle tap,
Intent that there was more to be done for Her Love, Her Mister Jorel,
And that in this? Was, t’was well overdue making the time to see Her Daughter.
Family Matters!
That, between Her Mother & Father,
Between Havina and the likelihood of the Dummy being another,
Well, and Kaith and Her Anna and Meli… well, there really was, t’was only one other,
Just one Other that met the eight points of the Star and were either Family (or had spent considerable time within the Jorelite’s head…)
West!
Off to visit Her Daughter!
Saddlebags packed,
Of as ever, Temperance left within the hands,
Of Melissa and Cerys alike, and Her Sweetheart, as ever,
Given the option to go Adventuring with given past insistence of Bodyguarding,
And, and West!
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9, 2018, 10:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

From where she was, of course, Éclair could see Melissa waving back, the noblewoman having been positively dejected when she'd heard about a certain somebody's plans to leave for, what was it? A few cycles? Even though it wasn't as if Miss Maarkan's business in Daltina didn't pull her away for extended periods of time as well, the noblewoman just seemed to like to put up a big fuss about things from time to time when the opportunity struck her. Perhaps it was simply worse this time around because Éclair had spent so much time the past few months indulging with her Lovers, a nice and lazy period of Not Much Getting Done eventually transitioning into the present of Getting Something Done.

It had taken a relatively major binge of wine and cheese and the sort of farewell that left Éclair's legs still a little shaky - thank goodness that she was on horseback and not walking - along with Anna that had finally let the noblewoman really get it all out of her system. And so there had been the checking to ensure that Éclair had everything that she needed for her trip, and the double checking, and the triple checking, and are you sure you don't need to bring this? What about this? Are you really going to be fine without this one? And Éclair was to find that the fuss made while Melissa was sulking wasn't quite as overbearing as the fuss Melissa made while she was 'helping', and so Anna had taken it on herself to distract the Countess for a while so that Éclair could actually properly prepare and head out.

Waves from the both of them, as the Jorelite finally managed to get everything ready and set out with Blair. It really probably was for the best that they didn't come with since, well, even as far out as Temperance the rumors that had been drifting east had managed to arrive. Word out of Moonstone was that the lamians were running raids on locals - and, you know, they ate people. Surely nobody would be so dumb as to try and snack upon the consorts of the Queen Mother but, you know, there were all sorts of people in the world.

West! Towards the harsh, hot desert, and the lands of Nakasha and her lamians that lay beyond it. From Temperance, there were two general routes to take in that direction. The first headed in a more northern direction immediately, passing through Centripax and into Arium before heading west. The second head out more west, into Moonstone before snaking back upwards. Which would be Éclair's preference?
Old August 11, 2018, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Distractions aplenty,
There really was no doubt that Éclair had incentive and then some,
To ensure that she made a swift a return to Temperance once the whole, Family Matter was handled,
Home.
Home was a concept that she’d long ago abandoned,
And the very notion that she actually had one now with Anna and Meli still puzzled the young woman even after nearly four Era’s as the Lady Protector and Thane of what had once been ‘Malice’.
Home was, t’was where the heart was,
And between Her Mister Jorel, Anna-Sweetheart and Melissa-Doll? Temperance was Hers.
The cheerful smiled remained intact,
As Blair was wheeled around and she started off,
Just that little bit reluctant to be parted from Her Loves,
Even if it was for a Good Cause. Important! T’was! Especially given she’d somewhat (Kay, definitely, settled into the old Winter Hibernation and indolence that made for a lot of fun, but not a whole lot of pushing Her Mister’s agenda. No, between Her Dolls; Her Loves Above All Besides Him, Mister Spade's 'Training' & Ballet Practice & the Castle Upkeep? She’d been lax.
West!
North? Ew. That was where Ms Tiyribi’s Elf was, t’was,
South? Ew. That was where the Ex was, along with Mister Master Mindrapey…
Though, though, probably should, y’know, let Miss StrAngE know too that there was a Fox Demon pretending to be Her…
Unpleasant Decisions,
But when in doubt? There was a pause as Éclair removed the Star of Aeternia from the choker,
Only to spin it upon her palm as as ever, spin-spin and let Her Love decide!
Old August 12, 2018, 11:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Time to leave it to chance, then.

A spin of the Star, and it seemed to be pointing towards north. There were still various paths available, of course, but that was going to be the general direction today.
Old August 13, 2018, 12:11 AM   #5 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Lame Vysstichi it was, t’was!
Instinctively rolling her eyes at that and the difficulty,
That was, t’was trying to deliver Miss Tiyribi’s letter to That One,
To the point where Éclair really didn’t care all that much anymore. Two from Three was acceptable! Good Odds! Better than half even!
Affixing the Star of Aeternia back to where it belonged,
The adjustment to her course made and a fond pat at Blair’s neck as she considered the notion of Company for Travel,
That with Anna and Meli at Home,
As ever, Éclair defaulted to Demonic Assistance,
That if it was, t’was to be the Great Mountains? There,
Was, t’was a low humming tune from Éclair as she summoned forth Summon Iroi Spade and kept on towards a westerly path,
Old August 13, 2018, 12:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Poof!

Iroi, in Were-Uvak form, was summoned! Momentarily caught off guard by the settings that he was presented with, having apparently become rather used to the confines of the castle in Temperance - this time, at least, it didn't seem like he'd been in the middle of a nap, or 'playing' with Strudel, or anything of that sort. It still begged the question of what exactly demons did in their free time, although then again, Éclair's ability to use necromancy to summon them was technically beyond the usual. Necromancers summoned fiends, after all, not demons, and it had only been with demonic help that she'd retained the ability at all.

So, uh... travel companion! Not that he was of much use in his Were-Uvak form for conversation, except as somebody who could be talked at and at least understand what was being said.

North, towards the vast plains of Centripax!

None too subtle curious pacing about from Iroi, as he quite literally ran circles around Blair, wondering where exactly they were headed, anyway.
Old August 13, 2018, 01:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Waving fondly to the Uvak,
Éclair couldn’t help but flash a dimpled grin,
The hint of a blush steadily staining the young woman’s cheeks,
As the Demon had gone from oh so Yummy in Human Form & an Awkward Pact regarding Havina and Herself to, well…
Éclair’s blush only deepened,
Upside!
Not Napping! And better yet,
The periodic jealousy that came from sharing what was Hers, found no reason to manifest. Hmph, gave Strudel Kratoras, Spade was part of the cost darnit!
Never mind that Mister Spade wasn’t the greatest of conversationalists,
When Éclair really wasn’t a fan of Talky-Talk outside Anna and Melissa’s Company.
No, Uvak = Bodyguard when braving the Great Mountains! Bereft of Her Anna-Sweet, Éclair had gone with the next alternative,
Encouraging a little bit of speed from Blair,
Given that Spade seemed to be more than apt at keeping up,
And she’d hardly pressed the oddly fast horse to speed in quite some time,
”We’re off to see My Daughter,
And Miss Cassie too of course, and Miss Sarella I ‘spose,”
Old August 13, 2018, 02:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Ohhhh, okay.

Those were... mmm... he wasn't quite sure whether those names were supposed to mean anything to him. The Were-Uvak assumed that Éclair had probably mentioned them at some point, explained what exactly they were. Honestly, though, it was hard enough remembering who exactly Melissa and Anna were. They, at least, were within the circles of Important and also Around, whereas the ones Éclair had mentioned? Arguably within Important, definitely not Around. He had his own life, after all, you know? Despite hanging out with Éclair all the time, he really did have his own affairs and such! It was off-screen a lot of the time, but he did lots of things and such, and he couldn't always remember the details in Éclair's life!

But the important thing was that at least if anybody asked, now Iroi could tell them where exactly where they were headed. Even if he himself had no idea where that was.

Thataway! And, given the particular characteristics of the horse in general, it seemed like in no time at all the Great Mountains were looming, growing larger with every passing moment. Were they really going to be passing through them? Was it that much faster than trying to go around?
Old August 13, 2018, 02:42 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Self centred Jorelite was self centred.
Giving little thought nor consideration to what anyone,
Other than Her Anna & Meli did whenever Éclair wasn’t actually around,
On some level genuinely believing that if she didn’t see it, or wasn’t involved somehow, then clearly it was like how normal toys and dolls didn’t do anything much unless She was there to Play,
Quiet for a while,
Unconcerned with their path now that she had a Bodyguard,
And Her Star of Aeternia had pointed them in the right path, and that all of Her Lovers fussing had made for a less easily distracted young woman and a good amount of supplies for the trip to boot!
Focus! Pay Attention!
Onwards!
Old August 13, 2018, 02:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

There was an entire story to be told about Toys, it seemed. A Toy Story, if you would. One day, perhaps that tale would be revealed.

Onwards! Where, hold up, were they really doing this? Pause. Stop. Time out.

The Were-Uvak tried to point at the snowcapped peaks, high up. Cold. Very cold. Was Éclair dressed for the cold? Had she brought the necessary supplies? Look, journeying through the mountains was dangerous. Well, actually, Iroi wasn't entirely sure, there weren't really mountains where he was from, and he'd never been through them. But he'd heard about them, you know? Bodyguard was good and all, but he couldn't fight the cold!

(Well, technically he could with his fur coat.)

Maybe spin the Star again? You know, maybe not interpret it so literally? Iroi did his best to communicate through his whining but, see, he could only keep up in Were-Uvak form. Talk or keep up? Keep up or talk? Whine it was.
Old August 13, 2018, 03:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Stop?
But, but, they were making good progress!
If they stopped, then they’d take even longer to go see Her Daughter and then it’d be Later and it’d be an even longer time until she saw Her Anna and Melissa again?!
Wary all the same,
Whining was enough at least to slow down enough to give…
Well, Éclair wasn’t all that good at reading the Demon’s body language. Even discerning Playtime had at times been somewhat Challenging even if she quite enjoyed the lack of Talky-Talk,
Yet another Plus over the Ex!
Mister Spade really was a remarkable Improvement!
Was she dressed for the Cold?
Well, between Anna and Melissa? Sense had prevailed in that while her saddlebags contained almost all of the Lamianesque attire for when she arrived, she’d also brought warm clothing too and was currently bundled up in her Summer Dress from Anna with some stockings on and her nice fur coat!
Whine?
Didn’t Understand!
What did Mister Spade Want?!
”Playtime? Umm, not here… later when it’s time to make camp…” Éclair offered,
Mistaking the pause from the Demon with a renewal of the blush before smiling fondly at the Uvak. Such dashing pointy ears and fur so soft! However had she not seen it until Havina’s passing on?!
Only for the second possibility to strike true,
Y’know, the whole Bodyguard Thing! “Danger? Uh…”
Really, if such could be avoided? Most welcome! That for all her deftness with Necromancy, really did have an aversion to the whole Killing Thing,
When in doubt?
Star of Aeternia and a Spin-Spin,
With an offering to Spade of, “The least dangerous path if we could too!”
Old August 13, 2018, 03:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

One way or another, somehow, it kind of worked out. The Were-Uvak let out a sigh of relief as Éclair decided to give the Star another spin. If Jorel wanted them to go through the mountains, then so be it, but Iroi highly doubted that they were literally supposed to be scaling these mountains. It seemed so much easier to just go around them! It wasn't really that much longer, was it? No, it definitely had to be shorter, surely! Scaling mountains was supposed to be difficult, wasn't it?

Spin spin! The Star pointed right towards the Great Mountains, in the general direction of Arakmat.

Iroi felt like crying.
Old August 13, 2018, 04:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Spin-spin!
Her Star of Aeternia said that-a-way!
Then obviously, she’d interpreted Her Love’s pathing as being the Right & True means He wanted Her to go to see Their Daughter!
Sure, it was going to be a little chilly,
But at least it was literal cold and not, y’know,
The kind of reception Éclair expected she’d receive in Ziel Aerca.
Couldn’t imagine going near Mister Master Mindrapey or the Ex to be at all Fun or Interesting!
Still as Éclair re-affixed the Star of Aeternia to her choker,
There was a contrite look at the Demon,
Not really sure what had set off the whining,
But clearly Her Mister Jorel knew what He was doing, which meant Éclair just had to have Faith,
Dismounting from Blair,
There was a fond smile at the Demon as she dropped down to her haunches,
Offering Mister Spade a fond scratching behind the ears before pressing her nose affectionately against the Uvak’s own,
”None of that My Puppy,
You know as well as I, that I have to go this way.”
Éclair whispered, “Now be a Good Boye and let’s be off. I need you to be Brave and make sure I’m safe,” before sealing the words with a less than proper kiss and some added scratchings under the chin,
Playtime could be later!
For now? Mister Jorel said West, and so West they were going!
Old August 13, 2018, 05:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Sigh!

Huff!

Sigh.

Iroi gave Éclair's face a proper licking. Very well, very well, they'd move on ahead. The Star had yet to fail them, had it? The Were-Uvak wasn't sure how this was all going to turn out, but it didn't seem like Éclair was going to lose Jorel's favor anytime soon. Fine, fine, he'd see things through to the end.

They'd get back on track. As they approached the Great Mountains, there came a most interesting question now: would they continue to very literally follow the direction that was given to them by the Star, or would they follow the winding mountain trails that existed - allowing them to ascend, but perhaps not strictly following the direction that was given?
Old August 13, 2018, 06:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

All giggles and blushes,
There was another quick tap of her nose against Iroi’s in affection,
Before Éclair went about remounting Blair and ensuring that they’d be properly underway again now that whatever had been bothering the Uvak had been settled,
Clearly misunderstanding the Why,
And entirely unconcerned about it given that it would resolve itself soon enough,
That one way or the other, they’d end up in the West and see Her Daughter and everything would be Kay!
The only real pause given though,
Was to take a moment to secure the hood of the fur coat in place,
Pale features peeking out from the dark fur and a somewhat smug expression as she eyed Her Puppy with just the slightest hint of wicked promise that belied she’d definitely misunderstood why the Demon had wanted a break,
Onwards!
Straight and True per the Star?
Hardly. Rather Éclair was happy following the winding path so long as it kept them generally towards the direction Her Mister Jorel directed them to go forth towards! It wasn’t as if when she’d used the Star so in the past that she’d levelled buildings or darted through sewers or rooftops for the most strict definition of the Path. This was, t’was to be no different!
”Hopefully she’ll be happy to see me,
I mean, they grow up soooo fast and you wouldn’t believe how quickly My Daughter went from just an itty bitty snake (though, much too big still given the impromptu speed-pregnancy that was all too terrifying in hindsight!), to such a stunning Lady!”

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: