Old August 13, 2018, 07:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

The winding path, then. The slope of ascent didn't seem to deter her horse in the slightest, who seemed just as capable of climbing a mountain as galloping across flat plains. Iroi as well, to his credit, didn't seem to be having any troubles keeping up, despite his unfamiliarity with such terrain. Well, the path was still rather simple for the most part, they weren't actually mountain climbing here.

There was a bit of a nip in the air rather quickly, though, and the Jorelite would be happy for her heavier clothing before all too long. The path they took saw them quickly ascend, and while it wasn't quite to the point where there was snow around them, the mountains had quite the chilling breeze to them.

Good progress was made. Iroi was quite excellent security, occasionally darting off to take care of something or another, returning before too long to continue to accompany. Blair seemed to care not about such things, stubbornly plodding along. But not even such a legendarily speedy horse could clear the entire range in a day, and eventually they would need to settle in for the night. It really had gotten to be quite cold by now, as not even the summer could bring warmth to the frosty mountains.
Old August 13, 2018, 08:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Humming happily,
The sing-song lullaby remained company enough,
Given that the alternative was effectively talking to Iroi who wasn’t all that much for answering, or, y’know, dealing with Kaith which while occasionally entertaining? Until the once Champion of Jorel was expelled from her head, she had no qualms making things as Awkward as she could for the former Dragonliche.
Even if it might have been easier asking for one of the various Demon’s Blessings within her life,
She’d rather settled upon trying to reclaim her own headspace instead! Had enough Voices there without a definitely Outside Influence also taking up room,
Oh, and Blair.
But who ever heard of a Talking Horse?!
Snuggled up within the fur coat,
There at least was an unvoiced Thanking you! that at least,
Anna had been the ever Voice of Reason when it came to practical packing, that her original intent in treating the whole affair in Lamianesque, Queen’s Mother Style was perhaps a Bad Idea? Well, certainly Éclair had to concede that certain stylings were so not suited for Adventuring and Travel!
Content to simply follow the Path,
And only a passing curiosity at whatever took Her Puppy off a wandering,
That as the Candlemarks passed, and the necessity to make Camp manifested? There but remained the reality of needing to find somewhere suitable to get out of the elements for the Darkening!
And if nothing looked promising?
Then she’d just have to carve out a cave herself with Entropy, but existing accomodation being the preference!
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13, 2018, 10:48 PM   #18 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

A cave was found! Only, it was more interesting than your normal sort of cave. That would be because this cave was occupied!

The air smelled strongly of cinnamon, and there was a roaring campfire going. A figure beside it stirred, having been lying on their side. There was a nice, ~looooooooong~ stretch, as the succubus rubbed her eyes, only to start and point at Éclair.

It was Lucille! That one succubus, you know, the one with the 'toys'!

"Ahhhhh, so that's how you got through the ward!" Apparently the succubus had put something up to guise the place from hostiles. Éclair, being a Jorelite, and a customer, was naturally unaffected. "Aren't you a bit far from Temperance?"
Old August 13, 2018, 11:07 PM   #19 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Blink-Blink.
This was… Odd.
But that was faaaar better than Boring!
Most assuredly!
Never mind that the smell of cinnamon,
Made for a mouth-watering desire that Éclair all too readily associated with Her Anna… just a whiff of Vanilla and…Focus! Pay Attention!
Warm!
Swaying, torn between the whole…
Y’know, tended to much prefer dealing with Demons on Her Terms,
Rather than just randomly running into one of them. On the other? A consummate admirer of the Demon’s Artisanry to the point where Éclair mildly regretted returning The Chair even if it’d been for a Good Cause. Sure she might have been denied Her Mister Jorel that Brightening and even ended up Cursed by the Trash Collector God… but still she’d had to try!
Plus, Anna & Meli > Chair!
”Hi-Hi!” Éclair eventually managed,
Waving cheerfully as she popped herself down by the fire,
Once she’d made sure that Blair had somewhere to be properly tied up and the food bag set in place,
Shrugging out of the coat and setting it upon the ground so she’d have somewhere comfy to sit,
“Only about a brightenings ride, not far!” Éclair grinned at the Succubi with her penchant for purple,
Old August 13, 2018, 11:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
Foreboden!

There was room enough in the cave for the lot of them to fit quite nicely. Blair was given plenty of room, the Were-Uvak happily curled up by the fire and provided a seat/cushion for Éclair should she wish it. Either way, this was comfortable!

Lucille had cups of hot chocolate with plenty of cinnamon spice, it seemed. Éclair was passed one.

"What're you out here for, then? Not your usual hunting grounds, you know?" Lucille asked, popping back in the pipe she'd been lazily smoking before she'd found herself with guests. Whatever it was, it smelled sweet. "I was on a little trip to catalog some, ah, exotic specimens for my work. Fascinating how the terrain can affect what sort of shapes you can get!"
Old August 14, 2018, 12:10 AM   #21 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Roomy!
Beaming happily as Iroi picked a choice spot near the fire,
And really needing no excuse what so ever to go snuggle up against the Uvak,
Indulging in the warmth that she’d quite believed an impossibility (or at least, stupidly unlikely) for the Darkening given just where they were,
Mister Jorel Protected!
Definitely not going to gloat though,
That all Mister Spade’s whining had been for naught!
“Just passing through,”
Savouring the warmth, the aroma of hot chokkit,
All too welcome given at least this time she got the chokkit without the need for exhaustion under Miss Ilph’s drills (Vic-Tor-É!)
It took a few long seconds though for Éclair,
To quite grasp what it was that Lucille was talking about before,
Her cherry red lips parted in an ‘O’ of understanding and a somewhat guilty look at her chosen seat. Ah. Well, certainly, could Understand why that might be Important to the Succubus given since Havina’s Questionable Blessing? She’d quite come to terms that some Toys fit uh… better than others.
The Chair being able to accomodate for all users made sense!
“But no, this place is far too cold for me I’m afraid.
But My Daughter’s to the West so, y’know, gotta do what you gots to do sometimes for Family.” she sighed, the Lauryllian lilt returning to Éclair’s voice as the Talky-Talk continued. The Great Mountains might no longer be Home, but it was where she’d been raised,
”Where you hunting for anything in particular?
Or just uh, browsing wares so to speak?” she added with a curious look,
Comfortable with the notion that she got along with Alithean’s perhaps a little better than healthy, and rather than detouring had resolved that she simply had to be on better terms with the other Aeternian’s (except the Trash Collector God, obviously!) that she’d one brightening be Queen of Aeternia over,
Old August 14, 2018, 12:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Browsing! Why limit myself when there's a buffet on display?" Ah. She was drooling a little. Just wiiiipe that a little.

The succubus decided to skip over the choice question of who exactly Éclair's daughter was and skipped right to the practical, helpful part of the conversation.

"How far west are you going? I've picked clean most of the interesting specimens around here and was thinking about relocating anyway. I can help shave some time off your trip, probably!"
Old August 14, 2018, 12:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Head tilted to the side,
A lock of coffee-brown hair was claimed to nibble upon,
Even as heat gently rose once more to Éclair’s cheeks, not entirely able to argue with that,
Given that for all she defaulted Hard to Anna and Melissa?
It hadn’t really prevented her from sometimes having an inclination for Toys,
And for a buffet? Well, she’d been all for being on some very friendly terms indeed with The Roses. Even taking it as something of a challenge to try to ensure she’d partaken from the whole platter even if just to see what parts of the smorgasbord agreed with her,
Knew better than to engage in hypocrisy there!
But yes, you’ve got a little bit of drool there… no, there you go!
Guilty all the same,
Burying herself, snuggling into Iroi’s fur that much more,
“As far West as needed? I think it’s around Arakmat or perhaps a little more?”
Only, wait, this had the ring of another Compact; and in that? Éclair at least knew some haggling was Important. Was, t’was the only reason she’d remembered last time to bargain for Entrance and Exit from Aeternia which had been pretty darn Important!
”We’re making pretty good time though,
But if you’d like company, you can definitely come along! If you've got something to make it worth our while,”
Flashing a dimpled grin as she curled her legs up beneath her,
Head tilting to the other side as she considered the role of ‘Customer’, and just who was, t’was selling what,
And as if to reinforce Éclair’s words on just how far West she was going,
There was a flutter of the Jorelite’s lashes, and then the second layer of eyelids flickered from her snake-like gaze, the iris slit vertically before sticking her serpentine tongue out at Lucille before the somewhat sharper smile flashed anew,
”Miss Cassie once said Lamian Toys have …well.”
Suffice that,
Given a choice between Miss Cassie and Lamian Toys?
No debate at all! But who knew, maybe Lucille would bite.
Old August 14, 2018, 12:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Oh?

"Give me in an in with the Lamians, and I'll take you all the way." Hook, line, sinker. Chomp! Business succubus was serious business!
Old August 14, 2018, 01:35 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Dimpled smile all too wide,
As she was sure she’d heard a line from Anna once about fishing,
Hook? Sinking? Something, whatever! It’d totally applied!
One of the Jorelite’s eye teeth poking past her cherry red lips as she beamed,
“But we’ll get there anyway Lucille. You’re just offering Speed in return for potential Resources Oh So Suitable for a Succubus.” Éclair but chided,
”S’not at all in my Best Interest,
And for all we both know, a Lamian Toy might be just what you require for your work,
Or who know’s what’s off to the West. There’s Djinn and Scorpions and Other Monsters too! Trianklios! Kitty-Katta! Doggy-Dorins! Nairu & Lots more!”
“Oh so much for you to… peruse,
and I’m ever so certain you can offer something far fairer than just Speed dearest Lucille.” she added happily,
”But for old times sake,
I’ll happily claim Knowledge or a Gift in addition to speeding our way West.”
Old August 14, 2018, 01:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"Ooooooh, you drive a hard bargain," Lucille said with a giggle. Let's see, then... those were all rather good points, weren't they? Oh dear, Éclair had really gotten the succubus good when it came to luring her. How could such a promising opportunity be ignored?

Mmmm...

"...do you use toys when playing with your lovers?" The way her hands were spread, it was obvious what kind of toy Lucille was talking about.
Old August 14, 2018, 02:40 AM   #27 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Value was just,
Something Éclair tended to simply think of,
In Renewable Resources Vs. Finite. Some things were far more worthwhile to Trade than others. Sure, Speed = Time, but Lucille was getting Resources which could be put to way more potential uses!
Which well,
Meant Resources Traded in turn, or,
Knowledge as that too had lots of uses!
Only, for all that Éclair could be dreadfully brazen at times?
There was still a renewed flush across her cheeks at Lucille’s query.
Oh sure,
Sleep with Demons?
No problem! Just so long as they were Scary and Interesting!
Go out of her way to indulge with as many of the Roses as her stamina allowed?
Bring it on! More the merrier! Challenge Accepted! Would be Vic-Tor-É-Ous!
Bring up what Éclair did in the bedroom with Anna and Melissa?
Blushing bright red, for a moment it was as if Éclair was trying to make herself as small as possible as she squirmed into Iroi’s fur. Crimson with embarrassment even if her smile remained smug,
Between the Stuff she’d accidentally picked up from the Troll Shop,
And Her Melissa’s… Loot from Ziel Aerca (seriously, what was with all the Stuff coming from there anyway?!)
“Yes.”
Her voice little more than a squeak,
Treating the subtle intrusion into her Private Life as Sacred given it was the only Playtime that genuinely mattered to her. No, Renewable vs Finite, and everything in regards to Her Dolls was priceless,
That as far as Éclair was concerned? Anna and Melissa had complete liberties when it came to Éclair, as honest with her role as Their Doll as she was in having claimed the pair in turn. That in the pyramid scheme of Playtime? Her Lovers were second only to Her Mister Jorel.
Old August 14, 2018, 02:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Grin! Lucille liked that reaction. She'd use it.

"Imagine if you could use such a toy..." Her hands stroked an imaginary length, radiating upwards from her crotch, "and it'd... feel. Proper. Like it was actually there. Act like the real thing."

Her hands came up in something akin to a shrug. Eh? Interested?
Old August 14, 2018, 03:16 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Hook, Line & S…
“Oh.” disappointment flooded from Éclair’s voice,
As Lucille had come so very, very close in making the sell to the Jorelite,
Only to have completely failed to grasp that there was a couple of very pointed reasons why the young woman much preferred Dolls to Toys, and in the case of the latter? Largely relied upon Demons or sheer numbers…
”Been there, done that.
Demonic Possession.” Éclair groaned in annoyance,
Not her finest hour, most definitely not given she’d been on the search for an Olyséran Relic,
And had faltered at the possibility of Malon’s Soul,), had failed to scratch a certain Itch with the others in the Faction (plus, really not big on being slapped…), and Demonic Possession whilst giving her a Toy, it’d not been all that useful. Nope!
”Sorry Lucille but uh,
Toys? Really don’t help. I mean, not with… y’know, that side of Playtime.”
Hand movements,
An awkward look given Iroi was y’know,
Right There, and well, “Messy. Don’t last long enough and…”
Well. This was Awkward being put on the spot. Especially given Éclair really, really didn’t like the whole notion that Puppy Training and undoing some of Strudel’s Training was potentially going to take a blow.
”Umm.
Toys don’t tend to…um, work.
It’s fun and all, but uh… “ the crimson returning to Éclair’s cheeks, only, y’know, dealing with a Succubus so it wasn’t as if the Demon wouldn’t Understand. “The only Toy that’s been able to make for Happy’s is… well…” she gulped, glancing pointedly at Iroi,
”I don’t think that kind of Gift would help Anna, Meli or myself…and they’re perfect as is I assure you,”
Really, really hoped,
Iroi-Spade didn’t get too big a head,
Over the notion that the Were-Uvak really was the only Toy,
That actually came through for Éclair in the ways she craved since Havina’s Dubious Blessing. That for every other Toy? It was just Playtime. Something fun, but ultimately just a means of killing time, garnering affection or exhausting her. Archippos after all had been claimed for 'Smoke Shapes' - what the Satyr took as payment was for his benefit rather than hers...
"How about an IOU from you,
And we square up later once you've thought about it a bit?"
Old August 14, 2018, 03:22 AM   #30 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Nah! A failed pitch.

"IOU." Sullen. "Or perhaps a feature request, a product that you might like?" Brightening up a little. Pet project? "Custom-made. Anything you like! Ooooh!"

Pet project?!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: