Old September 6, 2018, 01:21 AM   #166 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Was that how entropy worked?

It really wasn't, was it? That was kind of exactly the opposite of how entropy worked, and while it might have made sense to Éclair that she could do the opposite of what she normally did, that wasn't how the world worked, unfortunately.

So, in essence, the Jorelite just had herself a bit of a tantrum as she continued to descend.

Ding! Things stopped. And there was a familiar rumble from just outside. She'd gone down... hm, it did feel like about equal to when she'd come up from the kitchens.
Old September 9, 2018, 05:21 AM   #167 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

It really,
Really wasn’t,
And it took a good while further,
Before the oh so ‘competent’ Archmage realised Her mistake,
That the process? All well and good for preventing harm to herself,
But that, in times like this? Decay was the better method, in rusting everything to a standstill,
It took a while,
Swaying gently from side to side,
Knuckles white as they clutched at Pain au Chocolat,
Waiting for the loss of control,
That never quite came as Éclair swayed in frustration,
Confused and uncertain, having to actually Think rather than Do had never served any practical purpose. Now? Here? Nothing had Changed either.
Ding!
Kitchen? Kitchen!
Still the frustration remained,
Long enough at least, that eventually? Éclair smacked the side of the room where the Technician had come from; seeking to melt a Jorelite-sized hole within the wall before granting herself access to the shaft.
Éclair Mainesthai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2018, 01:39 PM   #168 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Right, not waiting around. Time to melt her way through the panel! Which, well, melted away to reveal the tall, tall maintenance shaft that they seemed to use to maintain it. This deep down as well, Éclair could see little hints about how it worked. Lots of ropes, lots of mechanisms, and way down there seemed to be a spoked wheel laid horizontally that a whole bunch of thralls were being made to push. Er, when the thing had to move, anyway. Right now they were just idling.

Anyway, there did seem to be a long set of stairs that allowed for ascending or descending from this point. A door for each floor, and every few floors the entire spoked wheel setup was duplicated once more. A lot of work and design for this little system of theirs!

Anyway, if Éclair was noticed escaping the elevator, no obvious alarm was sounded.
Old September 10, 2018, 03:53 AM   #169 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

No rest for the wicked!
Especially not, when Éclair had already seen,
What the Kitchen contained, and predominately meats? Not her Interest!
The potential distractions of another Chokkit Fountain as well was, t’was best avoided!
Focus!
Pay Attention!
This.
This was Weird.
Weird, and yet?
It seemed like the kind of thing,
She could possibly have working via Undead Minions,
At least, the labouring side of it. The pulleys and stuff? Little more difficult and well beyond her,
Humming softly,
Still Éclair swayed from side to side,
Before once more returning to Entropy Form/Butterfly Dance,
And making for the top! The swarm of ebon butterflies seeking to stay near the shadows and out of the light, but otherwise? To the top with haste!
Old September 10, 2018, 05:31 PM   #170 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Up, up, up! It seemed the lamians had lain a few safeguards in place should Éclair try to ascend but, well, nobody had expected butterflies or anything. A few of them still wound up being struck down but, well, that just resulted in Éclair not needing to worry so much about some of the extra pounds she'd packed on during her months of indulgence.

Eventually the maintenance shaft stopped going up, although the elevator seemed to climb even higher. Well, that probably made sense, it wouldn't do any good just to let random technicians climb up into the queen's quarters. Éclair did note, however, that the walls up ahead held some rather ominous, glowing red runes on the wall.
Old September 11, 2018, 07:18 AM   #171 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Up, up & away!
That there was, t’was Wards?
A little on the Awkward side, given that Éclair?
Didn’t really know if the ones that got brought down,
Were y’know, Important, or if it just meant she’d be a little less round-figured upon reforming,
Oh well! One problem at a time!
For now?
While Éclair really wasn’t all that certain,
As to whether Her Star of Aeternia had meant the top, or just to see it through,
There remained the mingled frustration and agitation at how she was, t’was being treated,
And worse, the niggling, painful sensation that perhaps, just maybe, Her Mister Jorel Plushies had been Infiltrated by an Interloper! Was, t’was Mister Sleepy Naptime who He was ‘sposed to be?! Surely the other Mister Jorel’s wouldn’t allow it, but… ugh!
Thinking,
Thinking was so much more Complicated,
When all Éclair really wanted to do was be doing!
Glow!
The glowing brought a halt to Éclair’s ascent,
Not all that keen to find out if it worked like the Prison,
Given that she rather needed the spell to remain intact!
Umm! Testing! As Éclair but sent a single butterfly of the spell upwards,
Having it move to the very base of the elevator just to see if it could y’know, actually not be torn apart by the red ominous glowing and if the box being dragged up and down the shaft acted as some form of protection,
Old September 11, 2018, 01:53 PM   #172 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The lone, solitary butterfly was sent to scout ahead.

Bzzzzzzap!

It disintegrated the moment it passed some arbitrary line, as the rune immediately glowed brighter and let out an ominous hum. Well! That was... another pound or so shed. It was best not to lose too many butterflies. At the very least, there was definitely something in place there. What exactly the criteria were, though? That was still unclear. Was it indiscriminate? Did the box serve as a shield? Was the box merely unaffected, but whatever within potentially at risk if there wasn't further protection?
Old September 11, 2018, 09:58 PM   #173 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Not good,
Not good at all!
Quite certain, that she couldn’t spare all that many of the Entropic Butterflies,
Before she’d start taking some very real damage,
Or end up shorter than Anna,
Which, while not the worst thing in the world,
Was going to severely limit what shelves she could reach in Miss Applebloom’s kitchen without needing a stool or a box or something,
Focus!
Pay Attention!
Umm.
This was increasingly becoming Complicated,
Which meant time to look for another way in! But first?
Time to at least let herself out of the access shaft,
And into the Palace proper, and see just what was, t’was located beneath the scary wards,
Well, besides Miss Cassie and Miss Hettie. Perhaps Miss Katarina too if she wasn’t still dealing with the Xet-Bug,
Old September 11, 2018, 11:28 PM   #174 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Back to the shaft, and the highest point at which Éclair was allowed to exit? Finagling the door open - it did seem rather old and worn, and didn't quite fit the frame anymore - and out the Jorelite came! It seemed to be a rather drab, dreary sort of area, into a hallway that was full of mothballs and dust and such. It seemed like nobody really used this area anymore? Which, well, might be good for somebody who was trying to avoid attention, after all.

The hallway stretched out before her. Once lovely and likely quite beautiful chandeliers (if all the dust and cobwebs could be cleared away) hung from the ceiling, and a tattered carpet stretched out before her. It was really quite empty, although she could easily envision it being filled with artifacts and other shiny things in the past - a few impressions left in the carpet suggested that it had indeed once been the case, where heavy objects had been left to sit for quite some time.

The entire right side was obscured by thick, heavy crimson curtains, while on the left? Here and there, a door. At least two that Éclair could see from where she was.
Old September 12, 2018, 12:18 AM   #175 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

A moment’s rest,
A moment’s respite,
As Éclair reformed back to her usual Guise,
Hoping that none of the lost Butterflies belonged to anything Important,
But one way to find out!
Oh! This was Different!
It took a little while for Éclair to really take in her surroundings,
Given that she’d half expected to run face first into a servant or a Guarding Guard or something,
And while dust and neglect? Hardly what she considered Interesting, it was still a welcome Change,
Curious at her surroundings,
But still now that she had a moment? Éclair once again,
Removed Her Star of Aeternia from her choker and gave it a little Spin-Spin,
Inclined to seek out the doorways before her, but it paid to make sure if the whole Up and the Shaft was indeed where she was, t’was ‘sposed to be going,
Old September 12, 2018, 12:31 AM   #176 (permalink)
Foreboden!

...at least an inch shorter, it seemed. But everything else seemed correct. Nothing important was missing or altered.

Spin spin! Fwoomp! A layer of dust billowed up as the Star landed, and Éclair suffered from a sneezing fit.

Go forward!
Old September 12, 2018, 04:03 AM   #177 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

More or less intact then!
Nothing at least Éclair considered bothersome,
Which was, t’was something of a relief as a quick run-down seemed to imply whatever harm she’d sustained was largely trivial,
Or at least,
Pale in comparison to the return,
Of the various aches and bruises that came from Demonic Playtime,
Spin-Spin!
Head tilting to the side,
Coffee-brown tresses framed the young woman’s face,
As she considered the Star before with the slightest of shrugs, scooped it back up in hand and returned it to the golden choker at her throat,
Right place!
Or at least, good enough so as to not bother,
With the depressing Wards that Éclair suspected she could break, but well, it hadn’t exactly been SMRT after the Xet-Bug’s inadvertent release either.
Achoo!
Nose wrinkling, rubbing at it as the dust assailed her,
Onwards!
With a quick peek past the crimson curtains on the right,
Before making to open the first door upon the left!
Old September 23, 2018, 11:27 AM   #178 (permalink)
Foreboden!

A quick peek necessitated pulling the curtains back just a little, which caused another cascade of dust to avalanche its way down atop Éclair and make for more sneezing. Achoo! Oh yeah, there had definitely been nobody looking after this place for quite some time. That, or whoever lived here just wasn't fond of touching anything, ever, at all.

Bright light! A bit of sunlight into the dim, drab interior of this place. A nice view of a large rock garden that somebody was maintaining in a courtyard to the side of the Palace, it seemed, intricate designs drawn into the sand surrounding. Very bright outside today, it seemed, Éclair could feel just a bit of heat radiating from the other side of the long glass window.

Anyway. First door on the left? It looked to be a sitting room of sorts, although when it came to lamians it wasn't as if there was really all that much sitting to be done. Large beanbags rather than chairs, it seemed, although these were deflated and much of their stuffing seemed to have fallen out as the threaded surface had become worn by insects over time. Ashen fireplace, worn bookshelves, this was a place where somebody could have perhaps passed a bit of time in privacy, or perhaps guests could have been made to wait for a while. Now? Quite abandoned.
Old November 27, 2018, 04:35 AM   #179 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

More or less intact!
Though still there remained a niggling thought,
That perhaps, just maybe, she should probably one brightening actually figure out,
Whether, or rather what Guise she should, would settle upon finally for Her Love rather than the constant adjustments and alterations,
But for now?
Éclair just hummed softly to herself,
The cough and splutter that ensured from the dust upheaval,
Breaking the discordant tune,
Clearly, this?
T’was not a place beholden to someone like ‘Rusty’ the Janitor,
But one problem at a time!
Content but to explore where the Star had pointed,
As each step Éclair took, resulted in the most minute of alterations all the same,
As she habitually sought to re-adjust her height back to where she felt it belonged, even if it came from the winter-padding that had put its strain upon the young woman’s wardrobe in certain places,
Sitting Room?
Bor-ring! At least, certainly so,
When there wasn’t, t’wasn’t anyone else about,
No, ever onwards!
Off to find, to figure out just what the Star wanted Her to see!
Fingertips brushing through the coffee-brown tresses,
Idly flitting a lock here and a lock there different colours, considering various shades of red and blonde as she distractedly explored,
Old November 27, 2018, 05:42 PM   #180 (permalink)
Foreboden!

It remained rather difficult to tell what exactly this space had been intended for - that is, assuming that this floor had actually been used at some point and then abandoned, as opposed to just built, furnished, and forgotten about. Oh, it turned out we had another floor that we could use for the exact same thing, so let's just close off this one, no biggie.

Onward! Most of the doors here were closed, and it hadn't seemed like the Star had pointed to any of them in particular, sooooo... probably no need to explore? Plus, those doorknobs looked dusty enough that Éclair would probably want to wash her hand if she actually touched any of them.

A few were actually open, though. This one... another sitting room.

This one... um, maybe a dining room at some point? And next to it, an abandoned set of kitchens. How sad! Think of all the delicious food that it could have been making right this very moment!

This one... another sitting room. Sitting rooms were very popular in the capital right now, you know? So vogue. Very fashionable.

Up ahead? Hmmmm. The hallway seemed to be getting a little more presentable. A little dusty, a little more taken care of. And there was that glowing rune again! Only, no, this one seemed to be a different shape? And a different color, a much more inviting... uh, bright green. There was a clear delineation between "unused and unimportant" and "there's something over there!"

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: