Old June 8, 2018, 08:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[PA] Teach Me How to be Normal

Spring, Era XXV
Port Alyxandrya

This was it.

It had taken her at minimum three candlemarks to get prepared and actually walk away from the tree that she had been resting under so that she could make her way into town. There was a tension to her cloaked frame. Footsteps were stiff and small, creating little distance as she snailed her way through the port's traffic. Even Niko, perched beneath the cloak and nibbling away on an apple, could tell that something was wrong. He nudged his head against her chin in hopes of soothing her.

The problem was that she was scared and that wasn't really something that her small companion could understand. This brightening had been one that Calanon and she discussed being him teaching her the elvish language. Something that would likely be boring for her companion, but rather fascinating to her. Yet there was a hint of sorrow dangling from the excitement for it was something that the woman should have known by now. Just another thing that she wished she could ask her father, if he was even alive anymore...

Right! So! Not the best idea to try and drag her mood down any further. She had arrived at her companion's doorstep and a nervous smile had to be slapped across her face. She could do this. It wasn't going to be hard. All she had to do was offer the immediate disclaimer that if Cal wanted to stop, he could. Yeah. That would work.

...right? Totally.

The elfess pulled the hood down, releasing auburn strands to gleam beneath Telath's triple suns as copper eyes focused on the hand outstretched. Knock, knock!

Here we go...

Posting Status: Catching up...slowly... [11/19/18]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; July 8, 2018 at 01:44 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 08:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Uncharacteristically lounging with his head buried in a book, Cal lifted his head at the knock on the door and with the slightest sigh of resignation, rose fluidly to answer. It had seemed like such a good idea at the time, the throw away suggestion that he might teach Talindra some of their language. Indeed, it was incomprehensible to him that she did not know it already. But now, faced with the reality of such an offer, he was feeling less than enthused. That there had been some amusement from those who knew him at the idea of him having the wherewithal or the patience to undertake such a thing had not passed him by, and now he found himself wondering if it had been one of his finest ideas.

But, as he reached the door and prepared to open it to greet the elfess, Calanon could not find it within himself to deny her. The little she had told of herself had been enough to stir his sympathies, and if granting her with some of the knowledge that should have been hers already meant enduring a little tedium, then he would do it.

The elf that opened the door to Talindra then was wearing a faint smile that did a fair job of mimicking enthusiasm. “ Vedui, arwen en amin”. Cal pulled the door ajar, whilst reaching for his sword belt, and it was as he settled it around his hips that he realised what he had done already. “ Oh. That is, greetings, my lady” he clarified, thinking himself already off to a fine start. And then as he gathered he had left his guest standing on the doorstep, he thought he’d better explain that also.

“I thought perhaps we might go for a wander. I can teach you a little as we go. “ And hopefully I won’t die of boredom on the way , he appended silently. And then he scolded himself, for Tali had been perfectly pleasant company before and there was no reason that it should not be so now. “ How have you been? Still finding the city hospitable?”

Having gathered what few things he needed, Cal closed the door softly behind him. Niven was napping, another reason he thought it might be better to conduct their little lesson elsewhere. He glanced toward Tali then, motioning for her to go ahead of him down the small path that set the house back from the street. “Kailin is working, but she asked me to pass on her best”.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 09:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
No turning back now. She had already knocked on the door. Not to mention the elf was expecting her so it would likely be paired together that the sound was her and not someone pulling a prank equal to a 'knock and run.' All she could do now was hope that the Gods had their fill of entertainment for the brightening and would therefore leave her be.

As the door opened, she offered up a faint smile and a bow. "Vedui, Cal." She chuckled softly, shifting to the side so that he could leave his home and begin their casual stroll. "I remember you explaining that to me when I first met you. How do I say, 'milord'?" Already with the questions, it seemed. Was that a bit too eager? Well, it was out in the open now so she couldn't retract it. Off to a great start, it seemed.

As they began their stroll, the elfess allowed her gaze to wander in order to not make things awkward. The last thing that she needed to do was stare down her mentor, after all. "Things have been going alright, thank you. I'm loving the view. I find myself along the shores quite often. How have you been? Everything going alright?" It was nice to hear that Kailin had been thinking of her for it meant she hadn't fethed up their initial meeting too terribly.

Old June 15, 2018, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

If the elf's eyebrows rose fractionally at the shortening of his name, it was only in mild approval. Hopefully it indicated a level of comfort that the elfess had not exhibited in their initial meeting, where by some miracle, he had been the more forthcoming of the two. Novel. As he stepped out into the spring sunslight, Calanon glanced sideways as Tali asked her first question regarding the language she had been deprived of and he gave a small smile of encouragement. See, this was easy.

"If it is one you know well, then heruamin" he informed, as they begun to wander down the cobbled street. "If it is a new acquaintance, or one who you feel is of higher station than you, then Heru en Amin. I should have told you that about arwenamin too. The...uh..formal and than informal"

That little fact bestowed, he listened as Tali expressed her continued fascination with the landscape of the Bay of Queens. He could sort of understand it, he supposed, though it seemed to have captured the elfess' attention more than it ever had his own. And then of course, she politely enquired after his own wellbeing, and Calanon responded as etiquette dictated, without any true depth.

" Amin naa eithel, diola lle...I am well, thankyou." He slipped between elvish and common easily, though it was easier to hear the accent that coloured the elf's delivery of his second language when it was spoken so soon after his native tongue. Calanon glanced at Tali to see if she followed.

" Nothing of great excite to report" he continued.
Which was true enough, but the elf found himself quite glad of the fact. There had been rather a little too much drama as of late, and now there seemed to be some precarious equilibrium, he was in no hurry to see it disturbed again.

" And have you...seen anything further of your.." he paused, unsure how to refer to the man who Tali thought to be hunting her "..your pursuer?" The Sylrosian elf could not lie, it was not only habit that had seen him arm himself for what was really only intended to be a stroll. And despite his sorcery, there was something reassuring about the weight of steel at his hip.
CIR
Secrets

Last edited by Calanon; June 21, 2018 at 11:40 AM.
Old June 18, 2018, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

It took only a matter of seconds for the journal to appear from the depths of her satchel. Granted, having to write down the information while walking was going to be a bit difficult but Tali would do her best not to slow down her companion too badly. As she jotted down the formal and informal phrasing to the question she had posed, a new one appeared from a different satchel. However, it was more a question on Cal's end than her own for a black creature began to climb up Tali's arm and rest comfortably on her shoulder. Big, orange eyes stared at the elf curiously. Who was he?

There was a moment's pause before her mind made the connection. Or rather, Niko made it for he nudged against his mistress' jaw. He wanted to know who the new person was! ...that and he was hungry. Tali laughed, closing her book upon completion and slipped it back where it belonged. "Ah, enjoy your nap little grump?" As her gaze shifted over to Cal, her hands made quick work of bringing her small companion a mango from the pouch that he crawled out of. "Oh, right. Um, Cal? This is Nikomori, or Niko for short. Niko? This is my friend, Cal."

Niko blinked. Friend? Interesting. He took a few bites of his mango before tapping Tali with it. Take! Once she got the picture, he crawled over and leapt onto Cal's shoulder so that he could get a better look. Same ears. Good smell. Nice face. Kind? A few head nudges along Cal's jawline would answer that. Would he be pet or denied?

Meanwhile, their conversation and walk continued. Tali was doing her best to maintain a relaxed composure. After all, they were to be having fun yes? Right. Keep up the warm smile. "Nothing wrong with that. I'm glad to hear that you've been doing well." There was a moment's hesitation as she tried to keep up appearances. "A-a bit. He sent someone to try and kidnap me. Other than that, just more hallucinations." Her hand reached up and subconsciously rubbed the back of her neck. "B-but it's fine. I managed to get some initials so I have a lead, at least."

Her copper gaze wandered along the area, ever curious of her surroundings - both for the beauty aspect as well as ensuring that they were safe. Force of habit, unfortunately. "Would you like to grab a bite to eat? My treat, of course."

Old June 21, 2018, 05:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Ahh, of course, the notebook. Calanon shook his head at himself, it was not exactly an ideal learning environment if she wished to write things down. There was not much time for him to dwell on it though, as something black shifted in the periphery of his vision, and the elf instinctively flinched away from whatever it was, only to feel a fool moments later as he focused on the tiny thing.

Nimrban. Not a creature he was unfamiliar with, and surely noone could blame him for the slight aversion he seemed to have developed, despite the little black furball’s endearingly wide eyed gaze.

The Sylrosian glanced askance at Tali as she made the introductions, quite sure he was not going to talk to the nimrban like it was a person, as its keeper seemed want to do. He’d turned his attention forward again then, pondering where they might head to for he was wandering aimlessly as it was, when the nimrban scurried across and somehow found a perch on Cal’s shoulder, the elf trying and failing to look disapproving when it nudged up against him.

“And where did Niko come from?” he asked, craning his neck in an attempt to see the uninvited passenger. She had not had him when they first met he thought, unless the creature had been sleeping. He reached up a hand to pet the little thing as they walked, only to come a sudden halt at Tali’s words and nearly unseat the nimrban from its perch.

“What?!” Calanon reached for the elfess’ shoulder so she might stop and face him. “It's not fine Tali. Where and when did this happen? Why didn’t you say?”. And he had thought she might be safe in Port Alyxandrya. It made the warnings she had given about painting a target on his back a little more valid, and the male suddenly wondered at the wisdom of having had Tali come to the house. Concern was etched on his face as he gazed across at the pale elfess, and it was not solely for he and his. “Are you ok? “

Calanon removed his hand from her shoulder then, conscious that it might be over familiar or unsettling, for he noticed the way those gold eyes strafed their surroundings. It was this that had him let the subject drop and give a nod to her suggestion they go and eat. Never mind that she would not be paying. Perhaps she would relax a little and tell him all that had happened.

“Of course. Is there anywhere you wished to go?”
CIR
Secrets
Old June 23, 2018, 08:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

"Sliucha gave him to me," Tali replied with a soft smile. "Being on the road alone was growing to be a bit difficult so she showed me this little guy. He can be a bit much at times, but I love him. It seems as if he likes you too, Cal."

Nudge, nudge. Ooh, was he about to get some scritches? Cause he looved it when he was scritched under his chi-

A tiny screech erupted from the shadow creature, sharp claws digging into Cal's shirt as he tried to prevent himself from falling off. Ouch.

Tali's eyes widened, finding the elf standing in front of her and with his grip around her shoulder. She couldn't help but tense up a bit, in reaction to the sudden movement. Due to the nature of the situation, her body didn't lessen up while her gaze fell to the ground. "I...It was a bit ago. I was with a fae on the roof when he attacked us. I tried to get information out of him, but he managed to escape before I got anything useful." A shaky sigh gave the conversation a moment's pause. "I'm...I'm sorry, Cal. I couldn't put you or Kailin at risk by coming to you."

She rolled her sleeve up, revealing the scar that had been left on her lower arm as a result of the fight. "I'm fine, he just managed to scratch me up a bit is all. I'm sorry." With their current conversation, the elfess had lost her appetite but didn't say as much. Instead, she gave a small nod and forced up a smile. "I don't mind. W-wherever you'd like to go."

Niko dived off of the elf's shoulder and returned to his mistress. Cal was crazy and not a comfortable perch. At all. She curled up against Tali's neck, his tiny body still working on calming down from his near fall adventure.

Old June 29, 2018, 06:24 PM   #8 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

There was a brief flash of surprise when the Sylrosian heard the name of the flamboyant Governor of Moonstone fall from Tali’s lips. It was a small world it seemed. About to ask her to expand on how she’d come to know Sliucha, the thought was rather derailed by what she said next. The needle sharp claws that dug into his shoulder alerted him to the fact that he had perhaps reacted more suddenly than he had intended too, and he was already drawing back his hand from where it had settled to halt Tali before she had finished speaking.

“ ..no..no, I apologise. Of course you are not beholden to tell me anything, nor would I expect you to. I’m glad that you are unhar..” The words broke off as she revealed the badge she wore of the encounter, and Calanon frowned. Not safe here in Port Alxandrya then. It perturbed him, but if he hadn’t noticed the tense atmosphere that had descended, then the nimrban made it perfectly clear when he scrabbled back across to Tali’s shoulder, looking most disgruntled.

“..Mostly unharmed”
the male elf amended, sighing quietly as he read the watery smile that his companion choked up. “ Look, Tali, we need not speak of it. I have said before it is not my business. You just caught me unawares that is all.” He glanced ahead of them and then back to the redhead and her pet. “ Let’s go and get something to eat as you suggested, and get back to elvish.”

There was a quaint little tea room nearby where Kailin had taken him before, so he headed that way, willing the tension to ebb from the one who walked next to him and cursing his unsubtle reaction to her tale. He’d forgotten how easily she spooked and it had come back to bite him it seemed.

Stealing a sideways look at Tali as the approached the venue he had in mind, the male elf slowed his steps and gestured toward the low wooden door that led off the street. “I’ve been here a couple of times” he said, by way of invitation. “ Kailin is a big fan of the soup, if you like that, thought perhaps it's a little unseasonal for the weather” Yes, weather. Such an innocuos topic of conversation. He rolled his eyes at himself as he hung back to let Tali walk through the door he held open.

“Mani lle ve’ mataya? What would you like to eat?”
CIR
Secrets
Old July 1, 2018, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali shook her head, offering up a rueful smile. "It's not that I didn't want to tell you, Cal. It was more a matter of your safety when it came to a retreat from the area. I was upset and could have sworn that I heard the man's voice after we left his corpse down below. After realizing that the bartender was in on all the whole damned thing, I fled from Port in hopes of keeping you guys safe." There was a moment of hesitation, before she recalled why it was that she returned to her companion's doorstep. "It just took me a bit to feel safe enough to come and visit is all, you need not worry. I'm safe and haven't had any other run-ins since. I appreciate your concern, however."

With everything clarified so that neither party felt particularly tense or anxious, the pair set off to have a meal at a local tea shop that he and his lover frequented a few times. Well, where those fell flat, awkwardness always seemed to settle into their empty place. Her gaze shifted up to the beaming triple suns, smiling softly as they bathed in its warmth. "I wouldn't mind some soup, actually. That sounds quite lovely right now. Plus I wouldn't mind testing out something that Kailin likes. Should I not like it, it's something I can tease her about later." An attempt at a playful grin danced across her features as she slipped through the doorway and attempted to hold an arm out so that Cal could walk through before the oak knocked him on the arse.

Although, she couldn't help but smile as the thought of such played through her mind.

Once they were both inside safely, her gaze did its usual scan of the room to ensure that they were safe. "What do you normally get here?" She asked, trying to mask what she was doing with casual conversation. It was possible that she was on the hunt for a decent table! Or perhaps just curious as to the atmosphere of the room. Not everyone entered a building and thought that danger might lurk inside, after all.

Hooray for paranoia!

Old July 10, 2018, 12:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon could understand Talindra’s reticence in seeking help, if she were afraid it would only bring harm to those she called upon. He’d had time to consider his own hast in involving himself, and Kailin for that matter, and whilst he could hardly regret it, the elf was able to admit he should perhaps have given it more consideration. It was worrying that Tali’s troubles had followed her to Port Alyxandrya, and Cal realised he should probably at least mention something to Niven. oh, by the way, I unwittingly might have involved myself, and Kailin, and by extension you and our unborn children with an elfess who is being hunted by some psychopath. Nothing to worry about. He didn’t relish the thought.

” I’m sorry that your misfortunes found you here, and that it could not be the safe haven we might have hoped for.” Cal wasn’t quite sure what else he could say. He’d had a few brightenings to mull over their strange meeting, and to think about all the Kailin had said too. Did he want to help Tali because she reminded him of himself? He glanced at her and found it hard to draw the parallels. And though Kailin had joked about it being for otherreasons, Calanon was uncomfortably aware that she was closer to the truth than she might like. So he vowed to be careful in both word and action as he let Tali choose where they sat.

“ I’m not so predictable in my choices” he said, trying to think what he had eaten here before. “Some kind of baked egg thing last time I believe” . The pair had not been seated long before a serving girl came over, asking what they’d like in the slightly harassed tone that could only come of a busy lunchtime.

Calanon waited for Tali to order before making his own request, and then, once the girl had left, returned his attention to the copper haired elfess before him, grasping at straws as to how he might continue her Elvish education.

“ Sut naa lle umien sina re? How are you doing today?”

He frowned a little, shooting a questioning glance at Tali. “ Is this working? Does it..do I need to break things down more? I….perhaps Kailin would have been better suited to teaching you, given that she learnt it as a second language too”

He slumped a little in his seat, idly toying with the napkin that sat upon the table. “ You’ll have to just tell me if none of it makes sense”.
CIR
Secrets
Old July 15, 2018, 10:09 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

In truth, she hadn't thought much on it but Cal's words brought it to light. He and Kailin both had attempted to make Port Alyx a safe haven for the elfess, despite knowing little about her. As the realization struck through her mind, a knot grew in her stomach for she couldn't help but feel bad. Here she was spending time with Cal once more, yet hadn't thought to try and have a nice time out with Kailin. Not to mention this was all happening simply because she wanted to learn the elvish language.

It took quite a bit to withhold the scoff that threatened to escape from her lips. Was she truly so selfish or was that simply her anxious thoughts gnawing away at her as they often did? If things were done as they should have been - Tali wouldn't have any friends. Nor would she ever step foot in a city, finding the forest to be the ultimate hiding place. Or the creation of a perfect target. Despite her best attempts, the idea of simply letting nature run its course still trailed through her winding thoughts. Which, unfortunately, made having friendships such as Cal difficult for now - in a weird way - she had something to live for. People, that she came to care for and wish to protect.

Gods what a mess she had gotten herself into within the span of a mere season.

But, now wasn't the time for a pity party or to debate suicide or selfish acts. The restaurant itself appeared secure from a thorough search so it was safe to settle down at a table somewhat close to the entrance. Just in case.

As the waitress came by, Tali decided it best to order a small thing of soup and some bread. The formation of anxiety within her stomach made everything sound unappealing so it was best to go for simplicity. She doubted her elf companion would be up for a lovely session of losing one's meal behind the bloody building, after all. Due to the speed in which the waitress arrived, Tali found it difficult to answer Cal's question so it was forced to linger for a moment through the awkward air that followed them since leaving home. When she was able to give it some attention, a small smile appeared across her pale expression. "I find myself to be the same way, although I have a tendency to lean toward whatever is cheap and edible. As of late, bread has been a true friend of mine - particularly when paired with some cheese."

Way to sound poor and needy, moron. a familiar, taunting voice hissed from the depths of her mind. If she were to ever admit that her anxiety had its own voice? She would likely be labeled mad and thrown into some cell for the rest of her eras. Yeah, much prefer to die than live eternity like that.

Upon lessons resuming, the elfess was swift to draw the notebook from its satchel and jot down what had been offered. Due to this, his questioning glance and disapproving frown weren't caught until a beat afterward. Awkward! "U-um, absolutely!" She stammered, realizing that having the book out while they were conversing was rather rude so she slammed it shut-

-with her fingers still inside. Ow.

Rip those out along with the quill which she set beside it, offering up a sheepish chuckle in hopes of hiding what had just occurred. "I wouldn't mind learning from Kailin as well if she would be willing, but I believe this is working." Her smile faded a bit as a new realization zipped through. "Oh gods...this can't be fun at all for you. I'm so sorry." She bowed her head in shame, fighting back the urge to dart from the table as if that were the only escape from what the social crime that she had committed. "W-we don't have to do this. I sort of saw this is a chance for us to s-spend some time together, but I suppose t-this couldn't be of any interest at all. You already know t-the language, as does Kailin, so it w-would be and is wrong of me to be doing this. I can l-learn from a library or something. We don't have t-to keep going." The words didn't seem to stop. They went on as if the floodgates opened and released all of her pent up anxiety for all to see. Once she was able to slam them shut, her frail frame slumped in the chair. She felt like going underneath and crying. How embarrassing.

After taking a moment to calm down, sort of, a shy glance was cast up at the raven-haired gentleman. "W...what do you like to do for fun?" There was a chance for redemption. For her to actually act like a friend. Perhaps not the best of transitions, but at this point? Anything was better than nothing.

Old July 19, 2018, 12:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

It became apparent quite quickly that something Calanon had either said or done had given Tali the impression he was less than keen on their elvish lesson, and the male could have kicked himself as he watched her grow flustered and uncomfortable. He might have interjected, but the elfess was in full flow and he couldn't find a space inbetween her apologies to clarify.

Excellent work. The Sylrosian chided himself. He could not deny there was sometruth in Tali’s assertion that it was not ‘fun for him’, but then, that was not really the intent was it? And he had offered because he was so shocked that so much of the heritage of her own people had been kept from her. Of course, he might not have been so quick to make the offer if he had twigged earlier on that which Kailin had pointed out to him after their intial meeting. That theirs was not all a shared heritage, but rather that there was Esh’lahier elven blood that ran through Tali’s veins.

Looking at her now, Cal wasn’t sure how he had missed it, the delicate - even by elven standards- features, the pallor to her skin. Though, combined with those strange golden eyes, it was a striking combination.. Blinking, Cal swallowed, for perhaps there lay the cause for his blindness. And by then, Tali had stopped babbling and he attempted to smooth things over.

“I meant not to suggest that you were being bothersome” he said in a placating fashion. “More that I am not good at these sorts of things, and you should not be afraid to stop me if it's confusing or if I’m going too fast.”

It was a polite denial of her fears, but even as he delivered it, the male elf was carefully controlling his expression to not reveal the concern he felt at how this was all going to go. Tali was sensitive, he was not patient, it seemed like a recipe for disaster. He’d need to tread carefully with her.

When she asked her question, he didn’t redirect them back towards language lessons then, but instead raised his eyebrows as he considered. “ For fun?”

He thought they’d had this conversation before..he had struggled then to describe his sword dancing as a mere ‘hobby’, and it did not feel right to label it as something he did for fun either. And since he had put his self imposed ban on drinking and smoking, well, the other things he did recreationally were not really suitable small talk.

I haven’t done anything just for fun for a while except all the fun things with Kailin, all the time, always he mused. Indeed it had been a rather intense few cycles, which was probably contributing to his odd mood. Calanon looked at Tali suddenly. “ Maybe we should find something fun to do…” His eyes dropped to the notebook she still clasped and he amended his statement “ Not to say that this..isn’t fun…”
CIR
Secrets

Last edited by Calanon; July 20, 2018 at 05:33 PM.
Old July 29, 2018, 10:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Calanon's attempt to ease the tension within the pale elfess' frame worked somewhat for it was good to know that she wasn't completely boring the elf. However, it was clear that there was a tension between them created from pure lack of social cues and polite awkwardness. It wasn't often that she asked for aid regarding something so simplistic from a friend nor would she have if he hadn't offered upon their first meeting. In truth, the situation burned a bit of self-hatred within the depths of her mind - one that she forced herself to ignore. This wasn't to be some sort of pity party where she broke down into tears or mass hysteria. No, Gods be damned, they were going to have some sort of fun with this!

Determination was great, but exactly how to implement it proved to be quite the challenge. However, first things were first. Tali released the remainder of her posture, slumping into a more casual stance as she accepted a sip of ale from her tankard. "It's okay, Cal. This isn't too much fun at all which isn't either of our fault." Sorrow replaced what was once tension and the hint of confidence that had begun to shine through. "I suppose I was so excited to finally learn something that I should have known eras ago that I didn't think of how things would be handled. Or be any sort of fun, really."

Right. No self-pity. She had to take a moment so that she could force herself to perk back up a bit. "I'm not sure if we'll have much success, but I'd like to try and have a bit of fun with you - act as friends are supposed to," a rueful chuckle found its way through for a brief moment, "or so I've heard." As she spoke on the matter, a thought came to mind. Granted, what she was referring to ended up with a bit more than she had ever expected - it might be safe since Cal wasn't drinking. Might as well give it a shot?

"Have you ever played truth or dare? A close friend of mine played it one darkening and we had quite a bit of fun." She smiled softly, her cheeks burning as memories flashed through her mind of Links and their experiences together. Gods, she couldn't help but miss the dracon. They had gone their separate ways several cycles prior and she hadn't heard from him since.

Was he safe? She could only hope that he was, but now wasn't the time for such fears. She drowned it out with several gulps of ale before allowing her copper gaze to meet Cal's as she patiently waited for an answer.

Old July 31, 2018, 05:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon had not held any expectations of it being fun. Never mind that studying had never been his preferred pastime, but he was wary of himself around Tali and perhaps it made him more uptight than he might usually have been. That, coupled with the fact he was denied the social lubrication of a drink to ease the way, made for a less than relaxed start to their rendezvous.

Still, Cal had never intended to make Tali feel as if he resented being here. His offer had been made with the best of intentions, she deserved to speak some of the language of their people. And now he felt terrible for giving her the impression that he was regretting it. Even if he was, a little. But that was only the understanding of his own flaws and the realisation that perhaps he wasn’t cut out for such a task.

Maybe it was that, and the crestfallen expression that fell over the elfess before him that made Calanon agree so readily to something so out of character moments later. He had been cringing at the fact that he had effectively destroyed any excitement Tali might have had about learning elvish, and it seemed like an easy way to cheer her up again.

And if it meant pushing at his boundaries a little, talking of things he might not otherwise..well thats what the dare option was for, wasn’t it. Plus, Calanon really wasn’t too worried about anything the meek and mild girl before him might come up with.

“ I have played it….though not for many eras” he confessed, giving Tali an encouraging look. Anything that would smooth over his abject failure at tutoring and salvage this encounter. “ Is that your idea of fun, then?”

He could do this. And if she asked anything too personal...well he could lie. Or take a dare. And he wasn’t even drinking so his judgement was unimpaired. All things that convinced the Sylrosian that no harm could come of a round or two. “ Go ahead then, you start.”
CIR
Secrets
Old August 6, 2018, 02:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

His acceptance of her offer seemed to relieve some of the tension that had been slowly building in her small frame. Though she had a bit of a hard time believing that he hadn't played in eras. A few cycles or a season, perhaps but surely not that long. She though it best not to raise any questions on the matter, however, for what mattered was that the pair were to try and act like friends rather than just a mentor and student.

Was it wrong for her heart to flutter with excitement? Just in case it was, the only recognition it was given was a faint smile before she gave proper thought to the situation at hand. She was to go first, it seemed so a decision needed to be made. Truth or dare? Safe or dangerous?

Frogs or no frogs?

"Truth. How does one say that in Elvish?" Tali replied after a moment's hesitation, taking quiet breaths to calm down her reddening cheeks as the memory of having a frog in her panties raced through her mind. Might as well treat the game as if it were still a lesson, right? That made it a bit more entertaining, though Tali wouldn't push if he truly wasn't interested.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: