Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 16, 2018, 09:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[PA] Carry on, carry on, as if nothing really matters

Spring, Era XXV
Port Alyxandrya

Heartbeat pounding in your ears.

A frantic gaze desperate to search everywhere at once.

That tremble you can’t get rid of.

Nor that feeling that someone is watching you.

After a time? Nothing really matters anymore. Your own life, now nothing more than a hollow shell wandering the streets in search of the answer of how to end it all.

The elfess had never felt so numb. Wandering the streets of Port Alyx, forcing one leather boot to drag against the cobblestone, followed by the other. People rushing past, bumping into her and yet not receiving any sort of reaction. It were as if she was nothing more than an obstacle. A moving object, devoid of feeling or concern.

As if she were nothing.

Dark bags beneath what used to be a glistening copper gaze slipped past the moving figures in search of something, anything, to make her feel. There were a few taverns, but most of them had been targets of Saehlin so she couldn’t show her face in there again.

A scoff managed to break the silence that threatened to consume her. Saehlin, the name of her own mother used as nothing more than a disgraceful mask for her to hide under when performing acts of a rogue nature. Things that her own father had taught her, things that - according to him - were all that mattered in life. The history of Telath? Meaningless. Learning of other creatures? Useless. An explanation of how her mother was in life and what she looked like? That one was cause for a lashing.

Aimless wanderings, the time lost within the depths of her own mind, landed her in a part of the city she hadn’t yet explored. Based on the severe lack of movement, it was safe to say that she had fallen into a less than reputable location - one that gave birth to silly rumors like the ones she had heard a few darkenings prior. Some manic individual raving about vampires, but couldn’t give a description because all they saw were some fang marks on the neck of the patrons. Idiot. Likely he saw such in his drunken stupor, but believed it to be true.

It didn’t matter, just as nothing had since she woke up that brightening. All she cared about was drowning herself in ale, hoping that would somehow help. She doubted it, of course for it was difficult enough to even get drunk. Not to mention the aftermath should she ever manage it.

The pale elfess shuffled into the tavern, head hung low and hidden beneath a raven cloak as she silently made her way to the bar. After fumbling into a chair, a slumped hand gestured to the bartender. “I’ll have the strongest thing you have here.” She mumbled, her voice empty and dull which coordinated well with her general demeanor.

"Never Forget..."

CIR | SoF | Posting Status

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; July 12, 2018 at 04:09 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 05:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

While it was true Tali' assessment of this area being less than reputable was entirely correct, the establishment she found herself was entirely not. A luxurious sign hung before the two doors, proclaiming the name of the tavern/brothel. The Sanguine Rose. A stylized Rose, dripping with red liquid made it clear that the building it laid on, was in all matters, that of lavish decandence. The lower chamber was indeed that of a tavern, but one that catered to the upperclass of individuals. The finer of the scum, if you liked.

The patrons of the establishment were all sorts. All races. Even the more beastial ones. The bar where she'd wandered was made of a nice wood. Though it was quite a bit darker than one might expect. Behind the bar was a multitude of other beverages. The bottles looked to be of the exotic, and, when he turned around, Tali found the bartender was the same. There was a thick, rich laugh. The orc was incredibly well muscled, the green pallor of his skin highlighting it, especially as he wasn't wearing a shirt. "Well, if you're looking for the strongest, that would be me." He laughed again, turning for one of the more exotic glasses. "But I assume you meant a drink." He took a look at the price tag, scrutinizing it. "So, how much you got? Our strongest stuff? Pretty as you are, won't be able to afford it, I think."

Genial as the bartender was being, there was a certain air about this place. As if something was...off. Probably nothing, besides Tali surely didn't care about it in her state, did she?

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2018, 08:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
The Sanguine Rose.

An interesting name for a tavern, particularly due to the scenery that played out before her upon entry. The furniture and overall atmosphere of the place was enough to give any sane person the creeps. Maybe even turn and leave before they were noticed. But Tali? She wasn't exactly normal at present. With a bowed head, ignorant to those around her, the elfess shuffled to the bar where she was met with a real jokester.

A topless, green jokester.

Her copper gaze lifted lazily up to the bartender, raising an eyebrow at a similar pace. "Do I look like I'm here to feth?" Pause. "Maybe after. For now," her only good hand set down a pouch full of coins onto the counter, "I'll have whatever that will pay for." Was it such a good idea for her to simply give up all of her coin? Maybe not, but thankfully it wasn't all that she owned. She had left quite a bit back in Ziel Aerca, including her companion Niko and a few other supplies.

Her intention wasn't to find herself in such a position. If she were honest, it was circumstance that brought her to the low state that she was in. A result of things going awry and falling apart at the seams. She had dropped off her best friend a few cycles ago for the mission in question and never meant to leave him for so long. Maybe Sliucha had given him away by now? Or he would decide that staying with his friends was better than traveling with her upon her return? She couldn't blame him, but the thought of such dug the dagger that had been nesting in her heart deeper and deeper in.

"On second thought? Use the coin to pay for as many drinks as it will cover. I don't want to feel anymore..." her voice had grown numb as had the expression that she wore. If not for her elbows propped up against the bar counter, her head might have dropped as well.

She just wanted to forget it all. Just for a single darkening.

"Never Forget..."

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; May 24, 2018 at 02:58 PM.
Old May 21, 2018, 02:10 AM   #4 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

The orc gave her a raised eyebrow in response. "Maybe?" There was a measure of sarcasm, but also pointed observation. Tali looked like crap."Dunno, but I've seen people come in with that look before." He commented, casually picking up a glass and cleaning it. "Either ends up with them going upstairs to feth, or staying down here and drinking. Sometimes both. Sometimes not in that order." She responded, and he grinned, wide and toothy. The orc had quite large tusks. "There's the spirit!" He chuckled, taking a look at the pouch.

Then he burst into laughter. There was a long moment before the orc recovered himself, wiping a tear from his eye. "Normally? That'll pay for a trip out of here. You probably can't even afford the cheapest thing we got." He was at least matter of fact about it, no mockery apparent in tone. "Look around you lady, what about this place says 'cheap'?"

If Tali took the time, she'd notice that this was a fairly well to do place. Indeed, probably nicer than many of the places she'd been before. Lovely wood tables, chairs that while old, were still quite sturdy and looked halfway decent. If she looked or not though, she'd find the bartender pouring a large bottle of clear liquid into a tall mug. He slid it over to her. "Tell you what though, I'm in a good mood today so I'll take pity on you. You can have that since you look like crap." He nonchalantly gestured upstairs. "Brothel's cheaper than the tavern, but you might wanna wait a bit. Heard there's a bit of a party up there, booked out most of the rooms." The glass was finally cleaned, and the orc only picked up another one, doing the same thing.

"So, since you might be here a while, mind me asking what happened that sucked the life out of you faster than a cheap whore?"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old May 21, 2018, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

In truth? Tali could care less about what the orc had to say. All he was attempting was to get a bit of information out of her. They were all the same. Just because they worked behind the counter somehow meant that everyone would pour out their life story after a drink or two. Although this rather intimidating beast, even when he was grinning, had tried his hand at it before the elfess could even be given anything.

Upon her pouch being set on the counter, the bartender erupted into a fit of laughter. Perhaps instincts managed to kick in past the numb shell that had encased her for she jumped back a bit, nearly falling out of her seat. That was quite a bit of coin! It couldn't even get her their cheapest stuff? Utilizing her brief moment of clarity, her gaze shifted over one shoulder to take a good luck at her surroundings. Somehow, when one was devout of feeling whatsoever, nothing struck as impressive or bland. It was just...there. And that was how she thought when she first entered.

The furniture was there. Plain and simple. But a more clear gaze revealed that she was rather out of place. There was a refined elegance to the decor, but somehow managed to hint at being a bit ominous. Was that her cue to leave? Her body trying to give a desperate cry in hopes it could be heard rather than drowned out as it had before?

A glass clinked against the countertop, ripping her attention from the frantic thoughts. Her gaze shifted between the glass and the orc, a bit taken aback. Unfortunately, the ability to feel and think straight faded as she accepted the beverage and practically chugged it down. If it burned? Stung? Felt as if her body wanted to reject it? She didn't care. The glass was empty upon returning to the wooden surface. After a few moments, her head dropped. "I...I don't want to think about it. I just want to forget..." She replied quietly.

There was a lingering silence before the elfess' slumped figure raised just enough to leave the barstool. Her unoccupied found itself some work, grabbing the coin pouch and returning it to her belt where it had sat before with a bit of difficulty. It might have looked a bit strange, allowing her other arm to remain hidden behind the cloak rather than bring aid, but it seemed as if the elf wasn't up for talking so there wasn't much of a point in asking. "You said the brothel is cheaper, eh? Guess I'll have to head up there, then. Thanks for the drink." If the orc didn't stop her? Off she went to the upstairs world despite the warning that there was a party going on at present.

Her time for logic had come and gone. She was once again left numb and in desperate need of losing herself for the darkening.

"Never Forget..."

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; May 24, 2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old May 24, 2018, 01:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Well, off she went then. The bartender had the thought to go after her, but his job was to stay here. Keep order at the tavern. Couldn't have it disturbing the party upstairs, right?

Talindra would find herself going up a staircase. The further she went, the more luxurious the building became. Lush red carpeting. Paintings, furniture. If the downstairs had suggested lavish decandence, this section absolutely oozed it.

Her travels would eventually lead her to something of a sitting room. Various chairs were arranged, many of them facing a set of large, black wood doors. On one of the chairs sat a young woman. She looked up at Tali upon the elf's arrival. A human. The female took one look at Tali, and cocked her head. "You get here late too?" Her face split into a grin, gesturing to a seat near her. "There is quite a party back there, but they're full right now. Have to wait." The woman sighed, running a hand through her hair. "Blast my absentmindedness. Wouldn't be in this situation otherwise." She grinned brightly at Tali. "I'd forget my head if it wasn't attached to my shoulders!" A laugh, and then the woman composed herself.

"I'm Amanda, yourself?"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old May 24, 2018, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

With each step allowed the slightest hiss to escape her lips. It would have been wise for her to get her broken state healed prior to coming there, but like everything else - she simply didn't give a feth. Even as her gaze caught glimpse of the increase in decor and style as the continued to ascend, it brought no further thought or interest in her mind. The top was apparently more elegant than the bottom. Okay.

What she hadn't expected, however, was for the room that she walked into to be empty save for a human who was a bit too pleasant for Tali's current state of mind. Apparently the party that the orc mentioned was one that the woman had an interest in partaking, but had been late and now had to wait. The elfess ignored the offer of a chair and began to shuffle over to the set of black doors. "Tali, and I'm not here for a party. I'm here because the orc told me there was cheaper ale up here. Can that be found in here or do I need to go to the next room?" As she asked, her good hand came up and gestured to the darkened oak that she had been heading toward. The poor human had barely gotten anything but a glance from the apparently numb and rude elf.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 29, 2018, 10:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Amanda's bright eyes narrowed, as if in suspicion. Was it just her, or did the elf seem to be moving strangely? There was a stiffness to the gait, a hitch in the step. She scolded herself mentally. Come on Amanda, don't let your training get the best of you. Once, twice she stopped herself from opening her mouth. If the woman wanted help she'd probably have asked for it. Plus she hadn't actually seen any injury! She was probably just making it up in her head.

Oh? Well, alright. "Well, if the ale is here it's not in this room. Or it's invisible. Either way I don't know how to get to it." The woman spread her arms, as if gesturing to the world at large. Which currently happened to be the room around them. Now that Tali was in it, she would find that it was a quite spacious area. The double wooden doors took the space opposite the entrance hallway, a lovely desk with various candles and a large mirror sat on the opposite wall. Wine glasses lay atop of a metal tray. Clearly this place was meant as a serving area, but there was no beverages to be found.

Amanda shrugged. "So if ale is to be found, it's probably through those doors. Which, even if they weren't locked, I would highly suggest not trying to go in unless invited." She gave Tali an apologetic grin. "They...tend to get upset when you don't follow the rules."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old May 31, 2018, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali found herself trapped in the worst kinds of situations. Exhausted and without booze.

Lacking the energy to try and head back down to reason with the orc, she collapsed into the chair - having forgotten completely about her wounds. A whimpered cry escaped her lips, eyes squeezed shut as the awful pain managed to break past her numb barrier. After a few minutes, it died down and the blank expression fell back into place.

Her gaze wandered through the room that she was presently stuck in. It looked like a serving room, which meant what she truly desired had to be beyond the locked doors. With someone that Amanda really wanted to meet/be with. Speaking of...

“So, who is this someone that you keep mentioning? What is this party?” Her tone had fallen back to lacking emotion, but at the very least wasn’t as harsh and mean as it had been before. Numb or not, she had no right to be rude - especially when she was trapped in the damned room with her like it or not. Might as well get some answers in the meantime, yeah?

"Never Forget..."

Old June 3, 2018, 11:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Amanda had turned, busying herself with something else in the meantime. Obviously the woman didn't particularly feel like conversing, and that was fine. She would leave her be. Besides there were other things she could focus her attention on. The woman looked through her bag, perusing the contents therein. Hmm, everything seems to be in order.

Tali's cry of pain echoed through the room, and like a whip, Amanda's head snapped in her direction. Another instant and she was up and moving. "Are you alright?" She found herself in front of Tali, but not crowding her. "I heard your hiss of pain, I'm a Doctor. I might be able to help you." Concern tempered the urgency in Amanda's voice. From what Tali could glean, the woman was being completely genuine.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 3, 2018, 01:56 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Why did the woman care? Tali had been nothing shy of a jackarse since she had arrived in the small room. She had a broken arm and rib yet was foolish enough to have ignored them both upon descending into the chair. Why did it matter?

Perhaps it was because Amanda didn't know why she was hurt. That she had been guilty of the ultimate crime and was currently suffering as a result of such. She didn't want to be healed. The pain was a reminder. Her shackles. Her ties to the horrors that she had done a few cycles prior. Yet even now, the pain was returning in a second wave - managing to drown out the lack of feeling whatsoever. She shook her head. She had to. The woman couldn't heal her.

"T-thank you, but I'll be fine..." Tali replied, forcing the words out through gritted teeth as the pain increased slowly. To Amanda, it was the first time she had ever heard the elfess speak with any sort of emotion in her tone. The break that the doctor was looking for, perhaps? To get some answers on the strange woman who wanted nothing more than to drown out everything with booze?

"Never Forget..."

Old June 9, 2018, 07:28 PM   #12 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

If Tali could have read Amanda's mind, her question would thusly be answered. It wasn't that Amanda cared particularly for her, but because she was a doctor. A doctor didn't discriminate to her patients.

For the first time, Tali saw something other than concern grace the human's features. Amanda's brows lowered, her face hardening into a frown. "Oh yes, you'll be fine." She gave Tali's arm a gentle nudge. "Broken arm, pretty sure it's not supposed to bend like that. You going to stop being difficult now?" It really wasn't a question, Amanda wasn't the kind of doctor that backed down very easily.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 9, 2018, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali slowly stood, backing away from Amanda as she let out a small growl of irritation. The numb sensation was slowly dissolving, but the doctor might find that she preferred that version better. "Don't. Don't a-act like you understand. I said I'll be f-fine. I deserve what I have b-been given. I'm here for drink and nothing more-"

Whoa. The room was spinning a bit.

Maybe got up a bit too fast?

No. Wait. It was likely tied to the pulse in the back of her head from where her father cracked it against the wall. More injuries revealing themselves from beyond the veil of numbness that once sheltered her.

She needed to sit down.

Tali staggered back into the chair, cradling her broken arm close as a weak glare was given to the floorboards. "I just w-want to forget...I just want to get drunk and forget..." her voice lowered a bit as she slowly lost the strength to fight. If the woman tried to approach again, it was likely going to be met with less resistance.

"Never Forget..."

Old June 10, 2018, 10:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

With every word Tali spoke, the doctor grew more annoyed. Act like she understood? It didn't take any schooling to see someone hurting, and want to help. As Tali backed away, Amanda's face hardened. With surprising agility she was looming in front of the sitting elf, eyes narrowed. "I'm not going to ask what it is you've done, or think you did, but I guaran-damn-tee you that you don't deserve to suffer. No one does." There was no arguement to be had with this woman, the tone of her voice hard as granite.

Frowning, Amanda tried again. "Far be it from me to interrupt whatever fool thing you've got in your head that you want to do, but at the very least sit your ass down so you're in one piece, and not endangering anyone else while you do it."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 11, 2018, 10:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali flinched upon the doctor looming over her, as if preparing herself to be struck. Flashes of her father's hand coming down raced through her mind and brought with it a small tremble to her frame. It looked as if she were afraid of Amanda, but in truth she was dealing with the trauma of a situation she had up until now become numb to. Everything hurt. All she wanted was for it to stop and the best way that she believed it could was at the bottom of a tankard.

She had killed her parents. Before Amanda sat a murderer begging for the guilt and pain to be forgotten. Yet even now, a small part of her felt like she didn't deserve to even be here. She should suffer for the rest of her days after all that she had done. Give herself up to her killer so that the lie that was once called her life could come to an end.

She was so tired of it all. Maybe she could fall asleep and just never wake up? Was that even something that she could control?

As her mind remained trapped, battled against itself - she gave no further resistance to the doctor should she try and start healing the elfess.

"Never Forget..."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: