Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 28, 2018, 10:02 PM   #61 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Tali wasn't interested in either drink. Not when it would likely end up on the ground again. Was she even truly thinking straight anymore? All she truly wanted was to give into the darkness. Allow it to consume her whole and never wake again. The problem with that was the lack of certainty behind it. Would that truly give her any relief? Or would she simply be plagued with nightmares for the rest of eternity or until her body simply gave out on itself? Would she even feel that?

The horrifying thoughts grew in strength, turning wheezes into panicked gasps yet...

There was a pause. Something to latch onto - lingering just above her gaze as she neared the edge of a cliff. Amanda's expression held no judgement upon the elfess' explanation. It wasn't enough to bring any strength back to her trembling frame, but perhaps the boost she needed to try and lie on her back again. Her arm certainly appreciated that one, once everything settled back down from the initial throbbing of movement altogether.

Why had she done it? That was a doozy of a question, one that brought a familiar sickness to her empty stomach. Would anything even come out if she threw herself over the edge again? Well, only one way to find out.

"I...I don't r-remember how my mother died...it's lost in the depths of my mind. My f-father, however..." she trailed off, feeling the very breath being stolen away from her at the thought of him. The wild look in his eyes. His thick hands wrapped around her throat in an all too familiar motion. The horrid and awful things that spilled from his drunken lips. "I t-think he meant to kill me...it was an a-accident..." there was a weakness to her voice, one that could bring it barely above a whisper. Tears welled up in her half-lit gaze, threatening to pour down pale cheeks.

Was now the time for judgement from the doctor? Or did she remain neutral as she had before?

Posting Status: Catching up...slowly... [11/19/18]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2018, 10:12 PM   #62 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

The pieces started to fall into place.

A mother forgotten, without knowledge of any relationship one might have. A father that likely didn't care for, or actively disliked his daughter. The loss of a mother would cause a child to latch onto the other parent, and knowing that she wasn't received was harsh enough. Knowledge that Tali had been attacked by the very person she meant to love, explained a good deal.

She still remained neutral, to the best of her ability. The true answer lay in what the elf would answer next. Spoken in barely a whisper, she tried to get to the heart of the matter. "And did you intend to kill him, Tali?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 28, 2018, 10:21 PM   #63 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Amanda's question was spoken in a soft tone yet its impact was the equivalent to a shock rippling throughout her frame.

A horrid tremble ripped itself through, her good arm reaching up to clench at auburn strands that were laid out against the pillow. Breaths shallow and nearing desperate. All while shaking her head subtly. "N-no...it a-all happened so fast...I...I d-didn't mean it...I w-was s-so...scared...I di-didn't mean it..." Her response was given in between heaves, compliments to the surging emotions and the pain that she hadn't quite recovered from yet.

Amongst it all? The tears crashed down, creating puddles on either side of the panicked elf. It felt as if everything was closing in around her, a common occurrence when in a full blown anxiety attack. Add the pain? And she was certain that everything was on the verge of simply breaking.

Old August 29, 2018, 09:38 PM   #64 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

It was heartbreaking to watch her slow descent, but Amanda knew it had to happen. Demons needed to be faced, questions answered. She let Tali spew all of the vitriol out of herself, remaining silent. There was nothing but the sound of sobs echoing in the room, until she joined her voice to it. "You were attacked with lethal intent, and instead of fighting back, you simply defended yourself?" She left the statement lay in the air. It was important that Tali dissect it herself. The huntress didn't think the elfess was to be blamed, at least from the picture she had painted. There was the suspicion that she might be lying but one look at her tear stricken, vomit stained, and bruised face would throw that idea out the window. And then shoot it for good measure.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old August 29, 2018, 09:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali couldn’t breathe. She couldn’t think. Flashes of her father’s hands wrapped around her throat became corrupted with the occassional shot of Elizabeth pinning her down with fangs sunken deep into her currently burning arm. There was a voice, but the words sort of faded into the background. Heaves slowed into wheezes as she felt the darkness eating away at the visions that plagued her entire being.

She couldn’t give up. The comforting void was nothing more than a trap so that her suffering couldn’t be tamed. The problem was that she didn’t have the strength to fight it. It was all too much. In her mind, she was screaming for someone to come and save her, but none of it obtained a voice.

That was when it all changed. Amanda’s words managed to snag itself on the edges of her thoughts where it grew along with an understanding of what it meant. Was it self-defense? Her father meant to kill...maybe...

Ah, but what of her mother? The parnanoia asked as it tried to sink its teeth back in and regain control. What of the past she could never remember? That she could never change?

What good would it do if she dwelled on something that she couldn’t control? With each peg of logic, tension began to leave her trembling frame. Copper eyes, thick with a growing exhaustion, looked up at Amanda. “I...it was self-defense...and I cannot...control t-the past...” the words came out, but Gods did it hurt for she was practically forcing them out through a raw throat. Still, they had to continue. This was important. “I accept responsibility...for what happened in the tavern...if I may make it right...please, allow me to do so...”

Now the struggle became less a matter of talking and more of staying conscious so that she could hear the doctor’s response.

Old September 1, 2018, 06:52 PM   #66 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Pity wasn't a luxury she could afford now. Amanda's heart really did go out for the girl but she couldn't listen to it. Vampires were horrible, disgusting beasts but in her hunt she had been able to strain some amount of helpfulness from them. Emotion, was a liability. She exercised that restraint now, waiting for Tali to finish speaking.

Then, she smiled at the last. "No, you cannot. But you can change the future." Then Amanda was silent, allowing Tali to think. After another bit longer, she came in for the kill. "How do you think that you should make it right, Tali?" Again no emotion, simply a question.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 1, 2018, 07:09 PM   #67 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

How to...make it right?

There was so much that she had done. All of the crimes that she committed, from memory or not, was quite the heavy burden to try and wipe clean. Then again, when had anything in her life been easy? All of the friends she made. The lives that she saved. None of that was simple, but worth the struggle.

With a weak attempt at a smile flashed toward Amanda, she tried to lift her head up enough to bow. “W-whatever...it takes...” As she crashed back down, the darkness came swiftly to consume her. The voices, begging for the sweet release from pain. From sorrow. From pure exhaustion.

No.

Not now.

Copper eyes stirred open, holding a glaze that showed how hard she was fighting to stay around. Chapped lips pursed open, forcing out the words that her mind was slowly conjuring up. “What...do...you want...me...to...do?”

Old September 1, 2018, 08:04 PM   #68 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Here it was, the pivotal moment. Whatever happened here on out was no longer in the doctor's experienced hands. Tali lay emotionally bare before her, and it was important that not be squandered. Amanda leaned forward, and placed a hand on the elf's. "This isn't about me, Tali. This has always been about you. What do you want to do?" A beat. "Other than possibly kill Elizabeth, I mean."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 1, 2018, 08:12 PM   #69 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali choked out a laugh, wincing at the consequences of her actions but finding it still worth while. It hurt like hell, but gods it was nice to laugh after everything knocked her down to a hollow shell with legs. The hand felt warm and comforting beneath her, bringing tears to her eyes. She wasn’t sure why, but there it was. “I want...to be free...” ah, that was why. The guilt weighed so heavily on her shoulders - paired with shackles of paranoia and fear made for a life not worth living.

She had friends. People that she cared for. She didn’t have a family, but those in her life were enough. They were worth living for. Her dream was worth living for.

But none of it could happen unless she was free.

Not much could be done for the assailant, but the guilt? There were a few things that could chip away at that. Including...

“I want...to protect people...and you...”

Old September 1, 2018, 09:19 PM   #70 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Amanda's calm demeanor split in two, replaced by a giant, warm smile. "Well, that's all I needed to hear." The doctor got up, and suddenly Tali was reacquainted with the person from before. It was less vibrant, but still very much real. "Want to help us kill vampires, and monsters? Simple question, but a very important one.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 1, 2018, 09:23 PM   #71 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali wasn’t too certain what had just happened. Was she imagining things or did the doctor that she knew before return to the surface? Lots of things hurt right now, so she wouldn’t be too surprised if that was the case. However, she wasn’t interested in fighting against so she accepted the situation with a weak smile of her own. “I-I would...love to...when do...I s-start...?”

Old September 1, 2018, 10:42 PM   #72 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

"Oh that? When you can talk without sounding like you're half dead, for starters." Amanda flashed her a tired grin, rising from her place at the bed. "Then you'll have to undergo a physical examination, but for right now you're safe." Amanda stretched out like a cat, yawning quite loudly. "First order of business? Why don't you get some sleep. We'll figure the other stuff out tomorrow. Have to make sure you really want to do this, and all." Tali was once again given a full glass of water. "For now, welcome to the family."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old September 2, 2018, 02:18 AM   #73 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

OOC:
+1 dagger xp for Talindra

Talindra now has light scarring from her injuries. Touching them (firmly) still causes some pain.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: