Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old June 11, 2018, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Wealth Tier: Steel
Vireylda Saharn is a malevolent Minion

It was the eyes that did it. When Amanda caught them there was only raw, primal terror. It might as well have been a whip crack, striking her into silence. Amanda backed away from Tali, realizing her error. Dammit Amanda, we've fething talked about this before! Conversations with yourself were generally a negative in the long run, but Amanda had always been one to shuck tradition. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you." She mumbled, moving forward.

Sighing, the doctor frowned, she reached into her bag, pulling out some bandages. Her hands weaved through the cloth, carefully kneading it into the ordered configuration she was going for. Amanda slowly reached for Tali's arm with her hand, slow enough that the elf could snatch it away if she really wanted to. The doctor made sure to support the limb. As if it was crystalline, and might shatter. "I can't completely fix this, not with my current equipment. I can however immobilize it, so you don't have it flopping around causing you more pain." Her previous anger bled away, now only remained an affable determination. "That does mean I'm going to have to set it." Discomfort firmly lodged itself in her throat, accompanied by a wince. "It's going to hurt. A lot, but after that I'll be able to put it back the way it needs to be." Silence followed her statement, oppressively awkward as it filled the vacuum left by their voices. "I wish it could be avoided, but otherwise your arm might heal wrong."

Amanda busied herself with the bandges a few more moments, before sighing. "I'd suggest getting that head wound looked at too, you probably have a concussion with how you're acting." For a moment Amanda's gaze flickered toward the door. "Are you sure you want to be here tonight? At least while you recover?"

In the pursuit of knowledge, nothing is forbidden.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Voted Best Neutral PC in the Aelyria Awards 2016
Posting status: Catching up (apologies for the delay)
Vireylda Saharn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 12, 2018, 06:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Nothing was more powerful than fear. Something that she had forgotten about eras ago, in the days of her father's near constant abuse, but was brought back to full attention as he performed the same actions as before. It was that emotion that drove her into reaching for her blade. Fear that forced her hand.

Could she really believe such a thing? Or was it just her mind trying to justify her actions?

It didn't matter, really, for the fear that she felt with Amanda's looming shadow managed to shatter what little shell had protected her from any other emotion. They crashed over her like a tidal wave, causing her already pounding head to worsen as the room began to spin. A sharp pain followed each inhale, no matter how much caution she used. Yet Amanda spoke of more?

She was going to need that drink.

"T-that's fine..." the reply was quiet, almost subdued as if she were afraid of raising her voice. She closed her eyes to help with the dizziness, letting out a deep exhale which ended with a small hiss. Damn, that hurt. "Do what you need to." There was a moment's pause before she added, "I'm sorry....for how I acted. I'm just here to get drunk, not for whatever party is going on in there." A trembling finger pointed toward the closed door, or at least where Tali remembered it being last. "What's in there, a-anyway?"

Perhaps small talk would help distract her from the current pain as well as what was to come?

Posting Status: Catching up...slowly... [11/19/18]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15, 2018, 11:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

So it was then.

At this point, Amanda was silent as she rummaged through her bag, eventually coming out with a large stick. The middle wrapped in leather, and it was given to Tali. Upon closer inspection teeth marks were clearly visible in the middle. "You're going to want to bite down on this. I'll try to make it as quick as possible."

No more words then, Amanda got a few other things out of her bag, a splint, bandages. Then she gently picked up Tali's arm. "Alright. 3..2..."

She at least tried to be quick about it. With a firm grip, Amanda wrenched her two hands. As one part of the bone went back, another moved forward. Meeting the bone together the way it was once again supposed to be.

Crunch.

She'd never get used to hearing that.

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 16, 2018, 10:03 AM   #19 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
There was a hint of concern across her pale expression, a furrowed brow watching as the doctor moved about in silence. Why wasn’t she answering her question? What was beyond the door that she was currently waiting for?

Unfortunately, one cannot repeat themselves with a piece of leather in their mouth. It tasted rough and the glance she got from other teeth marks being there made her begin to second guess. Perhaps this wasn’t the best idea. After all, she had managed to get splinted back when it first happened. Surely that would be enough to where the healing process wouldn’t be too incorrect. Yeah?

No.

With the crunch came a muffled cry. She bit down as hard as she could, tears pouring from her squinted eyes at the agony of pain that had just ripped itself through her whole body. It all lasted, however, seconds at most before everything shut down. The piece fell from her mouth and into her lap as her frame slumped into the chair. Remnants of tears fell from her cheeks, but she couldn’t feel a thing. She was out cold.

Old June 17, 2018, 09:43 PM   #20 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Well, that wasn't the worst it could have gone. Frankly, Tali had gotten off fairly easily. Amanda wrapped the arm into a binding splint, immobilizing it best she could, and securing it to the woman's shoulder. It wouldn't be moving any time soon, at least long enough for Tali to get to a healer that was a bit more prepared.

Now how to wake her then? Amanda first checked her pulse, to make sure she hadn't accidently caused the woman to have a heart attack. Then carefully started jostling her. If that didn't work, more aggressively. "Tali, Tali I need you to wake up now, I'm all done." If the elf didn't wake up then? Well, Amanda started lightly smacking the elf on her uninjured hand. "Tali! Wake up! I don't want to have to hit you in the face!"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 18, 2018, 04:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

It took a bit of effort, but Amanda's patient began to slowly stir. Tali blinked as her surroundings slowly came into view. Everything was still spinning, but it didn't really process as something to be concerned over. Her head fell back against the chair, her gaze wandering as the rest of her body remained still. What had happened? How did she end up in this chair? Her arm ached, but that didn't process well either. She was just here for a drink yet there wasn't any alcohol in sight. Wasn't there an orc around here somewhere?

Her slightly glazed look shifted over to Amanda, continuing to blink as if that would bring the woman into focus better. "H...hello..." she began, her voice quiet and soft which was a nice change of pace from how she had been prior, "I-I'm sorry to bother you...I came here for a drink..." her gaze wandered over to the door. Wasn't there something about it? Maybe what she desired was in there. Slow, sluggish movements attempted to lift her frame from the chair.

To Amanda's knowledge, it seemed as though the pain brought with it a mild relapse of amnesia. Perhaps due to the aid of the concussion? Either way, everything that had happened since leaving the orc downstairs was either gone or a scattered memory.

Old June 18, 2018, 09:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Oh! Stirring was good, it meant that she hadn't suffered some kind of heart attack. Probably a bad thing for all involved at this point. Besides, Amanda's doctorate wasn't just for show, dammit! She carefully snapped her fingers, making sure Tali's eyes followed them. "Hey there. Don't move too much I just reset your broken arm. Give it a minute, okay?" She smiled, placing her instruments back in the bag. "I'm a doctor, my name is Amanda."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 19, 2018, 12:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

It took a few tries, but sure enough the elfess was able to follow the woman's wandering finger as things finally came into focus. That was a nice relief, which with her pounding head and lingering guilt threatening to consume her, was better than nothing at this point.

She offered up a small smile of her own, settling back down into the chair. "Tali, a pleasure to meet you Amanda." Her gaze shifted to examine the doctor's handiwork. "Thank you for your help, although I'm afraid I don't recall us meeting before this. Forgive me." she bowed her head a bit before glancing back over at the door again. "May I ask what's behind there? I was in search of drink, but the orc said that it was a bit cheaper up here."

Even with a lapse of memory, her determination to drown her sorrows in alcohol remained the same.

Old June 20, 2018, 08:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Able to focus on a moving object? Check! Pupils seemed to be acting properly, and as Tali began moving again the doctor was even more pleased to see that the wavering hesitating motions were quickly fading.

The apparent amnesia was kind of worrying, but at the very least not particularly damaging?

Yeah, she'd go with that.

Introductions! Again! Well this was kind of weird. "The pleasure is mine. A second time!" She flashed a bright smile at Tali.

Oh the orc? Amanda smirked briefly. "Well it is, but you generally have to pay for, erm, services to get to it. So he didn't exactly lead you astray." The human woman finished putting stuff in her bag, absently commenting. "Lucky for you though, first time is free." She finished up, planting herself once more in a chair. "Plus you came when they were having a big party! So you'll get to experience that too."

Perhaps waiting on Amanda's word, the large doors finally opened. The man revealed was dressed impeccably, and his manner was much the same. "Ladies in waiting, please follow me, if you would."

Amanda jumped up, gesturing for Tali to come with her. "Come on! We can go in together, it'll be a bit easier I think."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 21, 2018, 08:01 PM   #25 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali blinked in confusion, finding the doctor's statement to be a bit unsettling. Had they met before? Had she another lapse in her memory? A quick glance in her journal showed that if she had - she didn't have the time to jot it down. Before anything else happened, however, there was a swift (and awkward with her broken arm) movement to rectify that. Just in case something happened where she forgot again.

That was what the journal was for after all, right?

However, as she opened the book and flipped through the pages she fell upon it. The page that she had written the darkening after it...all happened. A tremble ripped through her frame, strengthening the knot in her stomach.

Gods she needed that drink.

With a quick nod, she placed the journal back into her satchel before hesitantly following behind Amanda. She wasn't a big fan of entering a room that she knew nothing about, but the desperation overruled all logical thought.

In she went...

Old June 23, 2018, 05:31 PM   #26 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

The two women were led through the blackened oak doors, the man in fancy dress closing them behind him. They sealed with a reverberating knock, echoing through the hallway before them. Speaking of which, it was like the area had just taken a jump in luxury, the plush red carpeting accented by gold filagree on the baseboards. The walls were laden with paintings as they walked further, another pair of wooden doors, inlaid with gold filagree lay at the end.

The man paused before he opened the doors, looking back at them. First at Amanda, then Tali. His nose seemed to wrinkle for a moment, looking at Tali. It only lasted a moment though, then it was once again gone. "Welcome to the Rose Petal Lounge."

The doors opened.

Instantly, Tali would be awash with scents. Food and spices, perfume trailing through the air. The soft roar of conversation permeated the air. As her eyes adjusted to the light Tali would notice that the people here were impeccably dressed, as Amanda was. Crowds and cliques moved here and there, polite insignificant words sliding through her ears to morph into a dull buzz.

The room itself was large, what appeared to be black marble holding up columns in the edges. The walls on the other hand, a lovely off white. Windows perhaps two people tall were inlaid with a rose motif, the stained glass tinting the room with crimson. The carpeting had transitioned into a rich hard wood.

Tables were strewn throughout the room, and a long bar lay against the far wall. Stools were placed in front of it, with people sitting at them in various states of intoxication.

A large stage was occupied by a giant table, filled with people of all ages, even children. They stared out at the congregation before them, a dark look in their eyes. As Tali looked at them, one of the members had a second to catch her gaze. Instantly the elf felt a heaviness drop onto her, a suffocating haze that made her wobble for a second. The man kept her gaze for another moment, and then turned away.

The feeling lessoned, but an uncomfortable air still remained.

Amanda looked at Tali, furrowing her brow. "Hey, you alright?"

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 23, 2018, 06:32 PM   #27 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

It certainly wasn't what she was expecting.

Behind the door was a...hallway? One that seemed to warp into another world. Everything was layered with gold while they walked a plush runway. Tali had felt a bit out of place to begin with, walking alongside Amanda who was dressed in a fancy skirt and blouse while she hid her blood-stained wine blouse and black leggings beneath a raven cloak. Their surroundings wasn't helping too much, nor was the gentleman who was leading them to another set of doors. Tali blinked in confusion, watching his nose wrinkle as his gaze fell upon her for a brief second. Was there a problem? She supposed not for he made the introductions and offered them entry.

Well, feth. The mixtured scents of food, spices and perfumes made her head swim a bit. It was quite a bit to take in upon entry, but her body didn't betray such thankfully. What she couldn't hide, however, was the tension growing in her cloaked frame as she realized just how much she stood out. Everyone was in near perfect condition. Dressed to the highest standards, with their hair styled just right and their voices a gentle lull that blended into the crowds. Even the children were impeccable, their presence rather strange in the atmosphere of the room.

Her gaze continued to observe the room, slightly relieved to see that the alcohol she had been so desperately craving was available. Well, hopefully to the likes of trash like her who stood amongst Gods. Yet in her search, her gaze met with an individual who had been resting comfortably at a table. She wasn't sure what had happened, but it felt as if she couldn't breathe. As if the air grew thick. Her body wavered, barely able to catch herself before it seemed to settle down a bit. Was it hot in here or was it just her?

She gave Amanda a small head shake, keeping her gaze on the floor to prevent another incident from occurring. "I-I'm fine. I just need a drink." Despite this, she wasn't planning on leaving the doctor's side. Amanda was the only person that she 'knew' and was possibly the only reason that she had been allowed inside to begin with. Why draw more attention to herself if she didn't need to?

Then again, if the doctor didn't move over to the bar soon - she might just have to. The mixture of dense air and her anxiety was forcing her breaths to remain slightly labored.

Old June 23, 2018, 09:33 PM   #28 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Amanda looked none too impressed. "Uh, huh." Her eyebrow lifted, as if further cementing her opinion. "I'm sure you don't want it, but in my medical opinion the last thing you should be having is a drink." She grabbed Tali's uninjured arm, gently guiding her over to the bar. Then looked at the bartender, raising her finger. "Water, if you wouldn't mind?"

The man also quirked a brow at Tali's appearance, disapproval. He looked down to pour the drink, and then his eyes widened. Why?

When it came, the voice was like warm water slowly engulfing her. Sweetly tempting akin to warm honey, sashaying across her ears and settling into her being. "You know, it warms my heart to see someone that isn't so bound by all these stuff rules." When Tali turned around she'd be greeted by a man about 6'0. Dark brown hair sat unruly and wild atop his head, and blue eyes peered from a fairly aristocratic face. The man was dressed well, as everyone else. However his attire was more unkempt. The tie that everyone else wore was missing, and the grey coat itself was unbuttoned, revealing the dark shirt underneath. His pants fit him well.

A wide smile, and Tali would notice now, that this was the same man as before at the table. The air around her suddenly seemed thick, as if in a haze. That voice lilted into a drawl, and the man extended his hand. "Ah, but where are my manners. Benjamin, pleasure to meet you."

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred
Old June 24, 2018, 02:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

HA!

The doctor was funny.

As the pair took a seat, Tali entering with a bit less grace than Amanda as she practically stumbled into the round chair, she lifted her gaze to meet the bartender's. "As well as however much alcohol this will cover." A pouch appeared and was set down on the counter, all utilizing her good arm. Yet, in watching the man find the idea of water to be a surprise or shock, a voice came from over her shoulder. One that seemed to break past the growing anxiety that threatened to consume her, almost...replacing it with a warmth that she had known only in the embrace of a friend comforting her. That had never happened before, and certainly not by a voice alone. If it weren't for his soothing tune, that might have added to her previous feelings and sent her over the edge.

Well, it seemed as though his physical form would do that just fine.

Everything was drained from her upon turning to face the source, looking up to realize that it was the man from the table that she had met gazes with prior. As their eyes found each other a second time, that horrid sensation returned and sent her back up against the edge of the counter. She wanted him gone. Away from her. He felt wrong, as if sizing her up to be eaten. Yet...why was it that she wasn't high-tailing it away? Instead, her good arm - with a bit of a tremble - reached out to accept his. Was her body betraying her?

"T-tali...um, nice to meet you too." As if shy, her gaze retreated and moved to a random spot on the floor to his left. "Um, I..I didn't mean to dress as such. I was j-just in search of a drink." She sounded as if she were a schoolgirl, frightened to talk to a boy that she liked. It was pathetic and rather unsettling.

Gods, the room was rather hot and thick. At this point, she would take the water or the booze - whichever came first.

Old June 24, 2018, 03:05 PM   #30 (permalink)
Necromancer Of Light

Mm, Amanda wasn't really trying to be funny but okay. As Tali stumbled into her seat the Doctor continued to take note of her, mentally coming to a decision. If Tali were to gain access to any kind of beverage other than water, it would be to her immediate detriment. Especially considering the place they were in right now. Amanda's hackles were up, and she kept her head on a swivel through the room. They were in the belly of the beast now, and she had to keep her eyes open.

Which meant that Tali needed to be able to actually have control of her facilities. Once the girl was turned away, Amanda surreptiously returned Tali's pouch to her, instead providing her own. "Something non alcoholic, but that might be able to take an edge off." The bartender seemed to have no issue with this, even as he kept an eye one Benjamin once he appeared. Amanda struggled not to wince, the air of a predator falling around her like a blanket. It won't be long that you're here. It'll be alright.

As Benjamin spoke to Tali, the bartender brought out an orange drink. Amanda's subsequent tasting of it revealed her suspicions. An herbal drink, known to soothe without dulling the senses as booze would. It was a severely unfortunate thing that Tali had found herself in this situation because if the Doctor had anything to say about it she wouldn't be getting any alcohol in this room.

Benjamin smiled wide, pearly teeth glinting in the light. He took Tali's hand in his own, bringing it up to his lips in a chaste kiss. "A pleasure to meet you, Madame." Why wasn't she looking at him though? Hmm. "Oh please, don't apologize. Tis I should be thanking you, a reprieve from all these uppity shenanigans is wonderful." Another moment and Ben was closing the distance on her..until his movements shifted, and he brought his hands back, one holding the water and the other the orange drink. "How fortunate you are then, that you've found what you sought, Madame Tali." Which one did Tali want?

CIR| SoF
Red
rep is preferred

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: