Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 16, 2018, 07:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a dubious Denizen

[Port Alyxandrya] - A disturbance of the balance - Niven Soleil

The city. He hated the city. He hated how nothing would be done to stop the progression of the city into the natural beauty of the area beyond. The inhabitants were all sitting in their smug little houses, and huts, wasting resources, creating waste, and destruction, and not caring that their wanton ways were damaging the nature around the countryside. He knew he had to do something, his instincts told him that it was the right thing to do, he just needed to do it right, or the plan would fail...
The rumours started by word of mouth by bards, barkeeper, and citizens a like, going between the inns, and taverns around the city. The rumours were all about animals, losing their usual passive state, and attacking their owners, or others. There were rumours that some birds were attacking anyone that would venture too far from the city gates. There were rumours that barriers of twisted bushes of thorns, and plants that had thorny stems, or were known to be poisonous to those that would venture too close, had formed where once there were none. There were also rumours of some farm crops failing, forming into rotting masses of stagnated, mould covered, fungus, on the ground.

All these rumours were based around happenings at the edge of the city, and spread quickly through the city.

The druid walked her way through the crowded street. She was dressed in dark green, with a dark green hooded cloak, the hood loose at her back, the cloak clasped with a wooden pin at her neck. She was looking for a certain one, one who like her knew the ways of nature, one that like her, was still young in terms of the use of the arcana from the nature plane. The elder had told her to look for this other, in the city, for she would be there. An elfess who she would need to ask for assistance. She'd been given the address where this other would be found, so she approached the residence. She stopped and looked around at the area, and surroundings. Had she come to the right place? The address pointed to this residence, so... She knocked on the door, and waited for someone to answer.

"Serale. I am here to talk with Niven Soleil."

oocPlease Timestamp your first Post. Looking forward to this

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please

Last edited by Icefyre; May 16, 2018 at 07:25 PM.
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 11:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

TS: Summer Era XXV FP

Gently, Niven unlatched her son from her as his sleeping form was no longer drinking. His little mouth was still slightly open and the elfess could see his tongue still working as he nursed in his dreams.

Tucking herself away again inside her blue dress with one hand, she slowly raised herself up from the rocking chair she sat in, careful not to disturb the slumber of the now sleeping babe. Moving to the crib he shared with his sister who was also sleeping peacefully, she held him close to her while ever so slowly lowering the top half of her body down to lay him down for his nap. Once he was safely laying on the mattress, she carefully extracted her arms. The baby stirred and Niven froze, holding her breath. No no, he was just getting comfortable. She exhaled, relieved to have successfully gotten both babies down with minimal muss and fuss.

Knowing she now had a couple of candlemarks before one or both of them demanded her attention again, Niven looked around at the room as she did up the front of her blue dress. It was always remarkable to her how much mess two tiny elves could create. There were blankets and toys and burping clothes and always tons of laundry. The elfess was certain she had never done this much washing in such a short period of time in her entire life. And it wasn’t even just her! Calanon and Kailin were both pitching in as well and Niven knew without them, she might not have survived.

Flipping a receiving blanket over her shoulder from the arm of the chair, Niven set about trying to straighten up around the house. Gathering the laundry that was in the room she shared with her children, Niven took it all out and moved to a corner of the kitchen. She then went back to the room and closed the door, leaving it only open a crack so that she could hear if either of the twins woke up. Then she tackled the toys and gathered them into a pile in the corner of the sitting room.

She was just gathering the spit up soiled blankets when there was a knock at the door. Juno, her dog, barked at the sound Niven’s head snapped up and shushed her dog as she moved quickly yet soundlessly to the front door, peaking quickly into her room to ensure the sound had not disturbed the babies slumber before opening it.

What a sight she must have been for the female who stood on the doorstep! It was evident that the elfess had dressed hastily in the morning. Her long cornsilk blonde hair had not been brushed before it had been hastily plated into a queue that laid over the opposite shoulder the green flannelette blanket rested on and wisps of hair framed the elfess’ face. There was cornstarch across her forehead where Niven had used her hand to wipe away one of the wisps of hair while changing her daughter. At least her dress was clean, though it was a little rumpled. There was a faint scent of curdled milk coming from the laundry she held in her arm. Juno stood next to his mistress' skirts looking at the stranger, ready to pounce if the person at the door intended any harm to his misstress or her offspring.

Confusion formed on the features of Niven’s face as the woman on the step stated that she had come to see her. As her emerald gaze passed over the visitor, Niven realized she’d never laid eyes on this woman before in her life and couldn’t even begin to imagine how she knew her. “Perhaps an employee of Kailin’s come to deliver a message?” she thought. But she didn’t look like anyone Niven had seen at the shipping headquarters. No, she looked more like a traveller of some kind.

It took the elfess a moment to realize she was just standing there stupidly, looking at the woman. “I am Niven Soleil,” she said, her confusion evident in her tone. “Is there something I can do to help you?"

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 9 + 4

Last edited by Niven; May 17, 2018 at 09:38 AM.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hero

The young elfess looked a little flustered at first but then on finding the person she had been told to find, her demeanour changed to being calmer.

” My name is Loramoria, and I have been sent to speak with you about some troubles in the area not to distant from here. I have been sent by one of the Druid elders as he has been watching over you, and he has said that it time for you to start your journey.

Can I come in so that we may discuss matters?

oocI will respond quickly to this one as we can begin the investigations etc.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Old May 21, 2018, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

So many questions ran through Niven’s mind at the words that fell from the elfess’ lips. The Sylrosian’s confusion was now only compounded. The druid elders? They’ve been watching me? What on telath does that mean?

After a few moments, Niven returned to the present and realized the young elfess had asked to come inside. “Oh! Yes, yes of course. Come in,” she replied quickly, opening the door wider and stepping aside so the girl could enter.

Closing the door behind her once she’d stepped in, Niven became keenly aware of the laundry that was in her hand. “Um, I will be right back. Please make yourself comfortable in the sitting room,” she said. Niven led them into the freshly tidied sitting room (a thing that the elfess was immensely grateful for having just done) and then smiled before disappearing into the kitchens.

Dumping the laundry on the ground with the rest of it, Niven looked around quickly. Hostess. Hadn’t done this in a while. Ok. Tea. The sylrosian flew about the room putting water on for tea, getting out the tea leaves, teapot and teacups. She put together a respectable tray before returning to the sitting room.

“I’ve just put on some water for tea. It should be ready soon,”
she informed her guest, gracefully seating herself in one of the chairs. Slender porcelain hands smoothed out her dress over her knees before coming to rest on her lap, her fingers laced together.

She considered at the elven woman for a moment before speaking again. “I’m sorry, you said that there is a group of Druid elders that have been watching over me? How did they even know of me and I not know of them? What journey is it that I am expected to start? If they have truly been watching then surely they know that I have recently had my babies who are no more than a few months old. I can hardly just up and leave."

CIR | SoF

Old May 23, 2018, 04:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero

Loramoria stepped inside and moved into the sitting room, finding a seat as directed. There were a few moments as she watched Niven, where she kept herself quiet to allow her host to put togrther a few things, and get a brew of leaves on the go. Then came the questions that she knew would be coming.

”The elders of the grove have been watching many these past few eras. That is how they found and taught me. They have those attuned to nature under observation, non-intrusive watching to see how things progress. Sister you have been unbound to the nature plane for a while and yet you grow, slowly, but they see. They know your current situation, and have made provision for this. Do not worry about your children as they will be well cared for, and you will able to return here whenever you feel the need, but there are things in the nature realm that are disturbing the balance.

If you have not felt this, surely you might have heard the rumours of things not usual, happening towards the edge of the city. There have been incidents of animals, birds, plants attacking those that want to make, what they call progress, but by encroachment into the natural surroundings. These happenings have been increasing each brightening a new incident to be aware of, a new spell being released, and directed against those that would hurt nature itself.

Now, the Elders have asked that I approach and ask you to join us in putting right the wrongs that are occurring. You’re just starting the journey to becoming a druidess of renown.

I can explain more to put you’re mind at ease for your children will be looked after by a nursemaid of the grove. They will be kept calm, and if needs must you return to feed them as you wish, but there will be no need to rush as their other body needs will be looked after.

Now I think that your brew of leaves will be ready? All this talking makes the throat a little dry. Do you have any other questions, or issues you wish to raise?”

Last edited by Icefyre; May 23, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
Old May 23, 2018, 09:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven’s brow furrowed in confusion as her guest spoke. They had made provision for child care? How in Aeternia....? She was expected to simply leave her children in the care of strangers who creepily watched her? They couldn’t be serious! These were tiny pieces of her heart!! Gods only knew who these people were!! “You cannot expect me to just leave my children in the care of complete strangers. I’m fairly certain that even if I didn’t object, their father certainly would!” Niven could see the look on Calanon’s face in her mind’s eye. He would be livid. “Thank the gods he isn’t here to hear this,” she thought. Perhaps it was for the best that he was away for a little while.

The Sylrosian nodded when the elfess spoke of the disturbance in the balance. She’d felt something had shifted in the essence around her, but she couldn’t put her finger on what exactly. Niven had simply chalked it up to fatigue messing with her senses, but it would seem that was not so. She’d heard the rumours even having hardly left the house. When the babies were sleeping, so was she. And when they were awake, they took most of her energy. Only a couple of times had she been able to slip away for a few candlemarks alone, but Calanon, when he was home, and Kailin brought news of the outside world to her and this had been mentioned a time or two. Niven had thought it strange at the time but had been too exhausted to think much about it later on.

“The elders want me? But I am nobody!” Niven said, clearly surprised. “Surely my skills are still too new to possibly be of any use!” It wasn’t at all the Niven didn’t want to help, more that she was convinced there was little she could do. She was certain that the elders wanted someone with more advanced skills to tackle whatever was out there. She’d been hardly useful to the group in Moonstone that was restoring the lands destroyed by the fog. And a druidess of renown? Could the elders see into the future or did they just mean to butter her up?

The initiate druidess looked thoughtful as the childcare arrangements were being further explained to her. Perhaps the idea wasn’t so crazy after all. She would see her children fairly regularly as they needed to be fed regularly. And she did only have three spells in a brightening. It might be nice to get out of the house and be useful to someone other than just her children….

The tea! Right! Niven snapped back to the present and jumped to her feet, moving swiftly to the kitchen. Getting the water off the fire. Niven poured it carefully into the teapot. The tea leaves immediately started to turn the water a brownish colour that would only deepen the longer they steeped.

Carefully, she carried the tray into the sitting room and sat it on the table in front of Loramoria. She picked up the teapot and poured the tea into the two cups, her hand on the lid to ensure it didn’t fall off as she poured. Setting the teapot down again, Niven picked up her cup and saucer and returned to her seat.

Juno looked up at her expectantly. Did she have any further questions?

“How long do the elders expect this to take? Brightenings? Cycles? Am I to continue living here or go elsewhere with you?”
The thought of camping again appealed to the elfess, but she’d never done it with two babies before and wasn’t especially eager to try it.

CIR | SoF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: