Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old July 7, 2018, 12:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

A Mother and a Grandmother. That made Niven feel better. She was an experienced mother and so would understand Niven’s feelings for her children. And grandchildren to boot! Niven considered the woman at that. She was still quite young for a human to have grandchildren. But then who was she to judge. Humans did things very differently than elves. The woman could be no older than a little over 1/3 of her age.

The babe in her arms would nurse for at least half a candlemark so she was in no great hurry, though she hoped that Loramoria wasn’t either. Druidess or not, her family needed to come first. Niven wanted to help, but not at the expense of her children.

“Do you have any experience with twins?” Niven asked. “They are good babies, but they are a handful.” There were three people caring for the two tiny elves in her house and all three were exhausted. Niven was almost envious of Calanon being away and having the ability to get a good darkening’s rest every darkening while she was at home with Kailin trying to keep on top of the two of them. It was much easier now than it was when they were born, but still….

The tea was given to her and Niven smiled and thanked the woman before blowing on the hot liquid and taking a sip. The tea was still hot and minority burned her tongue, making her frown for a moment outwardly before she smiled again and reached to set the steaming cup down on the nearest table to cool. There was a very real chance a stray kick from the nursing baby could kick the beverage out of her hand and scald them both. The one time it happened Niven had been lucky that the tea went forward and not backwards onto her and the baby she had in her arms at the time.

“Where are the babies to sleep?” she asked, her emerald eyes quickly scanning the small cottage. This was as much a question for now as for later. Once this baby was done eating, it would be sleepy and she would have to put it down to feed the other one.

“Tell me a bit about yourself,” she requested politely. She was going to have to tell Calanon something about Tilda when he returned and asked her about the woman who cared for his children while she was away.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 4, 2018, 04:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Tilda, absentmindedly brushed at a speck that she noticed upon the material of her clothing, as she took a deep breath.

”Well dear, I am the second child of three of a family that came from Aelyria Prime. My mate, may he rest easy, was a hard working man. He and I met One brightening in Prime, he a busy merchant, me a maid to a wealthy family. It wasn’t so much as love as first sight though, but more lust, for he was a handsome one dear, if you know what I mean. The young girls, and some ladies as well, all found him attractive, as did I, but he was a shy one really, and never really pushed himself at any of those that were ‘gunning’ for him. Anyway, we meet as I was requested to buy some of his wares from his stall, by my mistress one day, and found we got along chatting to each other, and that was our first of many meetings as customer/seller. Eventually he plucked up the courage to ask me out and well... it’s sort of s long story, but we eventually got married. We lived in Prime for a while, but then did a bit of exploring, eventually coming to our home here.

We set up home, he continued as a Merchant, I the good wife, and raised our sons. Unfortunately I lost Wilber, a number of Eras ago, when the past troubles of this land meant the callup of militia. Wilber, even though no spring chicken, offered his services, and lost his life. I got note of his passing by a small note delivered by some officer, and that was that. So Since then I’ve been helping those with young ones, like yourself. I’m no hedgemage, or midwife, but I have a way with little ones that people relate to. I don’t know the full names of the families I’ve helped so far, but I remember each baby as if they were my own, for nursing such new lives has a profound effect on one, and you never forget them.
As If in recollection Tilder stopped a moment, a small smile passing across her features.

”Now I’m sure you want to be off and doing this task you have been chosen for,” leaning forward and lowering her voice a little she sneakily whispered, ”you’ll have to tell me when you have completed this,” returning to her usual posture, she continued, ”But you mentioned sleeping arrangements. Well the baby’s will be in little cots I have in my room upstairs. I will go get them so that you can look to put them down for a nap. “

Tilder stood, then went through the door that led out of the room. A few moments later the sound of soft footfall upon the stairs was heard as she ascended them up to her bedroom. Moments later the sounds of her steps coming down were slightly more pronounced, as she brought forth two folded up sets of rests. She then went back upstairs, returning with the first of the Moses baskets. All very pretty, with cotton sheet, and laced edges, small blanket, knitted with soft neural light green wool. She hurried along bringing forth the second, which was the same, except instead of light green, a more soft yellow wool had been used.

” The babies will be here and close to me the whole time, so I will be able to react to any of their needs. Like this your dog will be able to perform guard duty as required as well, so it will be able to watch over them. Will this arrangement meet your needs?”

Tilder set everything in place and ready to accept the first of the babies.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please

Last edited by Icefyre; August 4, 2018 at 04:19 AM.
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2018, 04:42 PM   #18 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

As Tilda got halfway through her story, Niven finished feeding the one babe and after burping it over her shoulder rocked it to sleep before she passed it off to Loramoria in exchange for the other one. It wasn’t until the woman returned with the first of the Moses baskets did the second baby finish its meal. There was a smile on the elfess’ face as she wiped a drop of milk of her now sleeping baby’s chin with the corner of the modesty blanket, clearly pleased with the arrangements that had been made for her children. She was confident that they would be in good hands here and with Juno here to protect them, her confidence was doubled.

With one hand, Niven quickly tugged on the laces of her shirt, grateful for now empty breasts, before rising and moving towards the first of the two baskets, patting the baby’s bottom softly as she walked. Keeping the baby held close to her breast, Niven bent at the waist and carefully laid the baby down in the bassinet. The babe stirred only slightly, but remained asleep.

If Loramoria or Tilda did not bring the other one, Niven would repeat the movements with the second twin.

Looking at her babies longingly, the druidess felt a tugging at her heartstrings at the sight of them both sleeping.

“If they don’t nap long or seem fussy in their sleep, put them in one basket together. They are rarely apart and are used to the company,” she instructed, tearing her eyes away from her children and looking at Tilda. She gave further instructions on what each baby preferred and insights into their distinct personalities. oocI’d go into detail, but I don’t know what gender they are, never mind what they are like!

Crouching, Niven got down to her dog’s level and Juno came to her. “They are in your care now,” she said, looking solemnly into the canine’s eyes. “Keep them safe.”

Standing again, she looked at Loramoria. “I’m ready,” she announced, knowing that if she didn’t leave now, she’d never be able to.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: