Old May 14, 2018, 04:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
[PA] Curiosity Caught the Pixie

Spring, Era XXV
Port Alyxandrya

Are you fething kidding me?!

A minute.

That was all it bloody took was a minute for Tali to have lost her companion. They were working on trust exercises in an attempt to allow him a bit more freedom when it came to their travels. He needed to keep moving and stay fit so sitting on her shoulder and head daily wasn't helping much. And so, upon waking that brightening, they moved a bit closer to the city limits and began to utilize the tree line for a bit of training. She watched him with a bit of caution at first, concerned of him possibly falling since he didn't climb too often. But after a few candlemarks, he seemed to have gotten the hang of things. Every so often, Tali would call out his name - sometimes more than once - in hopes of getting him to return to her side upon command. That also took some time, but the pair were starting to grow into an understanding!

Yet something caught his attention. What exactly, Tali wasn't certain, but she watched as the small black blob made his descent from a tree and bolted into the city. "Niko, no! Feth!" The elfess cried out, but it was drowned by the bustling crowd. She dived in after him, auburn strands flying out behind her as she began her search. There were the usual spots, anywhere high up (but not too high - the scaredycat) or any booths that held his favorite foods. Apples. Candy. Once those both fell through, she expanded her search a bit.

More than likely, he wouldn't be inside of a building. Not unless he was able to time someone entering or was riding on their back. With his dislike of strangers unless they were new and interesting, that wasn't worth her time. So she checked the streets and structures with a low ceiling.

The less success she had, the more frantic she grew. To the point she even began to ask if anyone had seen the black motherfether. The woman was furious with the creature, but her fear of losing him trumped over it. Tears threatened to fall, only being held back by a determination to find her lost friend.

She had to find him. She couldn't just give up. He wouldn't survive on his own and she would be heartbroken without him. But thus far, no luck.

Posting Status: Family Emergency - will post as often as I'm able

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; May 14, 2018 at 05:31 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2018, 09:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Dnarris is an upstanding Citizen
Dnarris kicked his legs back and forth happily. It was a wonderful brightening. The sun was warm and the breeze was cool and no one had swatted him recently. The pixie had found himself a perch on a small wooden fence surrounding a little garden that contained various vegetables. The pixie had made a meal of a little bit of turnip, some sort of gourd, and a bit of carrot. It wasn't his ideal meal, but it was free. That was always the right price for him. After all, he didn't really carry any currency around since it wasn't exactly minted with someone as small as him in mind and Dnarris wasn't above a little thievery. Most of what the pixie stole was never missed, since he usually only stole the things he needed for survival rather than things of value. Bits of bread, an errant strand of cloth, and thimble full of ale from time to time.

Dnarris hopped off his perch diving towards the ground with perilous speed before dramatically extending his wings before impact. His wings caught the wind lurching him upwards and safely lowering him to his feet. The pixie drew his rapier and tapped it against the fence in an upbeat rhythm. He was practically skipping until he came face to face with his archnemesis, a cat.

Dnarris' eyes widened. He imagined they had grown so large as to consume his face. Dnarris hated cats. One could not reason with a cat. Cats were voracious killing machines that did so without rhyme or reason. It certainly didn't help that he was often on their menu. It wasn't the first time he had come face to face with these massive beasts. He had nearly seen the inside of a cat's stomach on several occasions.

The pixie flapped his wings and quickly launched himself backwards, his rapier in hand. The pixie angled his rapier towards the cat and took on the only fencing position he knew. Well, not precisely knew. Perhaps he had seen it, maybe once or twice. But the cat didn't know that. The cat's massive eyes focused in on the fae. He could see his reflection in it's massive saucers. The pixie couldn't help, but think there was something unusual about this cat. It's body looked more like a monkey than a cat. That certainly didn't change the pixie's opinion on how dangerous the beast was. Perhaps it even made it worse. This cat was some kind of demon, mutant, monster thing, and it was clearly here for Dnarris' very soul.

"En garde, you foul beast of fur and brimstone!" Dnarris did his very best to appear intimidating, but intimidation wasn't exactly the forte of those under a half foot in height. Dnarris jumped back and forth stabbing his rapier in the direction of the cat-thing his blows punishing the air. "Afraid are you? Smart! You should be. I'm a famed Pixie Knight and am a master of the rapier and all forms of martial combat" The pixie continued to jump back and forth and while this appeared to be some form of defensive maneuver to the fae, it was more than likely just a form of entertainment for the cat. The pixie groaned as he kept his focus on the dangerous beast.

"Why me?...."
Dnarris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2018, 02:58 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Niko had seen these types of creatures before, but the last one was a bit bigger. Either way, they were quite a bit of fun so his shadow-colored tail swished with excitement. He watched as his new playmate pulled some sort of stick out and began to jump about. That looked like fun! Should he mimic that? He didn't have a stick, but he could get one! Beady orange eyes scanned the area before he bolted off to the right. It took a few minutes, but the nimrban managed to return with a stick gripped in his mouth.

The small beast then became Dnarris' reflection, jumping back and forth as well as swinging his stick around. Maybe afterward, he could have some head pets? That always felt nice-

-wait. Pitch black ears perked up, darting about the area as the stick fell from his mouth. Mistress? That was definitely her voice. Was she calling him? What was he supposed to do when she did that?

Oops.

"Niko, you son of a motherfething-" A tall, slender elf with auburn strands that gleamed beneath the triple suns stormed over. Her copper eyes were glistening from the tears that streamed down her angry expression while a pale hand reached out and scooped the beast off of the ground. "Bad. You don't run away from me like that! I thought I had lost you!" She wagged her finger in front of his face, watching as the beast flailed in her grip. He didn't like being held that way and she knew it. That was the point.

After shoving him into his pouch, aka timeout, her gaze caught sight of the pixie that had taken on a defensive stance. Her eyes widened for a moment before she fell into a deep bow. "Oh, I'm so sorry! Niko didn't hurt you, did he?"

Old May 15, 2018, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Dnarris lauded himself on his expert defense and bravery as he watched the cat-like creature run away. The beast had clearly been smart enough in knowing that it was outmatched and certainly outclassed. His victory has improved his already good mood and placed a stupid grin across his face as he returned to his musical tapping on the nearby fence as he waked along.

However, the pixie's victory was short lived as the cat-thing returned and this time it was armed. The cat-thing had a massive stick in its mouth and it began swinging it with deadly intent. Dnarris reprised his defense and prepared to battle the cat-beast. When suddenly it appeared distracted. Now was his chance to strike. Dnarris leapt forward with his rapier leading his charge. Just then the stick that had been in the cat-thing's mouth began to drop. The creature had anticipated his attack and countered with an attack that Dnarris could not overcome and still press his attack. He had no choice, but to retreat unless he would simply allow himself to be crushed under the deadly assault. The Pixie's wings flapped with speed an effort as they, near instanteously, altered his course causing him to dart quickly out of the way of the falling stick.

The pixie angled his weapon toward the cat-thing as he intended to charge once again. Dnarris watched as his target was lifted off the ground. The blasted thing could fly! Dnarris then noticed slender hands wrapping around the body of the cat-thing. A sense of relief washed over the fae knowing that the creature couldn't actually fly. He was even more relieved when the woman berated the beast. Yeah, take that you fething furball.

Dnarris was slightly startled by the woman's sudden and rather deep bow. The pixie took the opportunity to examine the Elf closer. The Elf was definitely a woman and appeared rather young though it was always hard to tell with elves. She had a nice form and pretty copper eyes that he had not seen before. She was definitely a cutie, but it appeared she had seen better days. The pixie was taken aback by her concern for his well being.

"Erm, what? Uh…Hi…Niko? That thing's a Niko? Um….no he didn't hurt me. Thank you." The pixie was slightly flustered. People didn't usually care about his well being. People often overlooked the pixie and didn't think twice about how he was and yet this young elf woman was not only concerned, she had been extremely polite about it. He almost felt bad for checking her out…..almost.
Old May 16, 2018, 10:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

If Tali hadn't still been in the process of recovery, she likely would have laughed at the pixie's comments. However, she managed a small attempt at a smile. "Uh, no he's a nimrban. His name is Nikomori, but I call him Niko. He usually doesn't harm people, he just likes to play a little rough. I'm glad you're alright, though." Was it rude to bend down and try to be a bit more on his level? Hopefully not because down she went! It was definitely on accident, however, that in doing so the crevice of her bosom managed to push itself a bit higher in the opening of her blouse. Oops.

"I'm Tali, by the way. It's nice to meet you." Another smile, a bit warmer than before spread across her pale features. Her gaze began to wander around the area in search of what had brought Niko and her pixie friend to this part of the city. "May I ask what brings you to Port Alyx? Do you live here or are you just passing through?"

Niko didn't mean to misbehave! He wanted to make a new friend, was that so wrong of him to do? How could he be punished for playing with the small creature? From the pouch came a pathetic whimper, pleading he be pardoned for his sins and released from the accursed pouch of timeout.

Old May 16, 2018, 11:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Citizen

The stupid grin that crosses Dnarris' face when he sees something he likes was plastered there again. The Elfess' form was rather concealed, but when she bent down to his level he could see the Elfess had a very pleasing form indeed. The pixie nonchalantly examined the Elfess' curves as he answered her.

"Oh, uh, Hi…my name is Tali." The pixie caught his error and danced around in a little fit before composing himself. "I mean I'm Dnarris, not Tali. You're Tali obviously, because you just said you were." The pixie hadn't even registered what he thought was a Niko was just named Niko and was instead a Nimrban. He just knew for certain that the creature was a fur covered hellion and that it was a Niko.

"It's a meet to pleasure you too." The pixie smacked his forehead. "I mean it's a pleasure to see your…." Dnarris stopped and caught himself before he uttered the last words. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Tali." Dnarris was absolutely giddy. This time he met an Elfess and wasn't going to swat him and she was a cutie. Dnarris ran a hand through his hair and gave Tali a cheesy grin. He didn't want the Elfess to think he was a complete buffoon. Dnarris tried not too look at her chest too much. After all that was just an appetizer. If he blew it now he'd never get to the meal. The pervy Fae's mind began puzzling out how he could get to the point. But nothing was clear at the moment.

"Oh, funny story. I actually ended up here by accident. I was just out having a good time and next thing I know it here I am. So far the City has been pretty interesting so I've just been hanging around and see what there is to see doing what there is to do." The fae raised a little brow. That wasn't funny at all. What was wrong with him. He was blowing it. The fae thought that he might be rambling at that point so he simply closed his mouth and stopped talking very abruptly. The little pixie craned his neck to look into the giant copper pools that were the Elfess' eyes.

"And what's a place like this doing in a girl like you?" Dnarris cringed, but decided to not correct himself. Maybe she wouldn't notice that he was babbling. He was just going to shut up and let it ride.

Last edited by Dnarris; May 16, 2018 at 11:29 AM.
Old May 16, 2018, 11:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

There was a creature on Telath that managed to be more awkward than she was? Blasphemy! Yet there he stood, babbling on with mixed up sentences as if he were in the presence of royalty. It was cute, honestly, but a small part of her felt a bit guilty. Had she made him feel uncomfortable in some way? Maybe it was best she stand back up? She wasn’t sure what would ease his jumbled thoughts back into normal sentences.

“It’s nice to meet you as well, Dnarris.” The only thing she could conjure that wouldn’t be terribly awkward was simply not acknowledging it. Let the mix up slip through the cracks unnoticed for they didn’t have much meaning on the conversation anyway. His words were still kind and sweet nonetheless.

After ensuring that a few solid moments had passed, Niko was given permission to rest in his usual place on her shoulder. He didn’t want to give the wrong impression so he leaned a bit into Tali’s neck so that he would come off cute rather than scary.

Tali chuckled softly, deciding to have this discussion in a bit more of a comfortable position so she sat down and let her legs tuck underneath. “Sort of the same, I suppose. We are just taking in the sights of Telath in search of adventure and friends.” There was a lingering sadness in her voice, barely noticeable but definitely there. She wasn’t lying to the pixie, just...leaving out certain details. Like how she was living on the run and in near constant fear of being attacked.

Her gaze wandered, trying to keep what she had let slip hidden. “Do you live around here, then? Or have you not made yourself a new home since coming to the city?”

Old May 17, 2018, 04:27 AM   #8 (permalink)
Citizen

Dnarris frowned as the cute Elf girl sat up causing her chest to be concealed once again. It felt like he had gone back a step rather than a step forward. The small fae eyed the Niko on Tali's shoulder with jealousy. Why did that furballian terror get to snuggle with the Elf girl? Dnarris grinned as a mischievous idea rattled around his deviant little mind. The pixie's wings fluttered as he lifted off the ground and landed on the opposite shoulder of the Niko. The pixie sat down on Tali's should and played innocent. Perhaps he could get a better view from the angle that he was at. If nothing else he was closer to the Elf girl than he had been before and he was in contact with her. That was a very big step in moving forward, so he thought.

Despite Dnarris' love for woman, he hadn't ever actually gotten that far. To make matters worse, pixie woman were very few and far between. He also didn't like the idea of settling for whichever pixie girl he ran into just, because she was a pixie and pickings were slim. Dnarris felt many constraints by his tiny body and always felt out of sorts. He felt he wasn't tame enough for pixie society and yet he felt he didn't belong in the society of the large people either. It make it difficult for Dnarris to figure out where he fit in. The little guy looked down, innocently, attempting to peer down Tali's blouse. Every once in a while looking up to smile at Tali. His legs waved back and forth as the fae sat perched on Tali's shoulder.

"Oh, no. I don't live here and I don't have a home in the city. I just sleep where ever I can find a place." The fae feigned a little sigh appearing to look a little forlorn. He had caught a glimpse of something in Tali's voice a few moments ago that told Dnarris that Tali had some concern about something. Not that he had a clue what it might be related to and he really didn't like to get involved in other people's business, because it often led to the kind of trouble he didn't enjoy. But the Elf girl had shown real concern for him so he inquired.

"What's wrong, Tali? You sound like something's bothering you." Dnarris leaned in against the Elfess' check. All the while attempting to look down her blouse. After all, you miss every opportunity you don't take or something like that.
Old May 18, 2018, 07:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Perhaps it wasn't the best idea to come aboard the Tali express. Being on the other shoulder informed Niko that the situation was now free game and that all was well from before. He began to climb behind Tali's neck, burying himself within her auburn locks. All that stood out was his long tail, but it was low enough that the small amount of swatting went unnoticed by Dnarris. To him, the evil cat simply vanished! Maybe if he had stopped staring down Tali's shirt, he would be able to defend himself.

Meanwhile, Tali found it a bit difficult to talk with him resting on her shoulder. With a careful hand, she scooped up the pixie and held him out in front of her. That was better!

Not to Niko, of course, but he didn't mind lurking in wait for another opportunity.

She shook her head, offering a soft chuckle. "I'm alright, don't worry about me. It seems as if we share quite a bit in common. Niko and I usually find a tree to rest under for the darkening, wherever we are. We don't usually stay in one place for too long." There wasn't a need to mention her past. It was something that she had let slip too often in the past and was never beneficial so it was best to let it linger in the depths of her mind instead.

Her gaze wandered back to the city, maintaining her smile as best she could. "Have you had a real chance to tour Port Alyx? The Sea of Diana is truly a stunning sight, if you're interested in a bit of a stroll." It didn't seem very wise to stay outside for too long so she thought the offer was a perfect idea. She could continue getting to know her new small friend while blending into the crowd where they could all be safe.

Old May 19, 2018, 06:18 AM   #10 (permalink)
Citizen

Dnarris flailed about as he was suddenly hoisted off the Elf maiden's shoulder. He was disappointed with his repositioning, but was careful to not convey this on his features. The Elfess was far too bundled and seemingly distracted for the fae to really get a good glimpse of her. He would have to be more patient. Dnarris hated being patient, but in this case it was for a worthy cause. Dnarris shook his head at the Elfess' question.

"No, I haven't really seen too much of the city. It takes quite a bit of time to really see a lot of any place when you're as small as I am. I'll eventually see everything there is to see. But some things are worth seeing more than other things."

Dnarris' grin widened after he finished talking. His mind was on those things that were more worth seeing. If not Dnarris was a driven individual and worked hard to reach his goals. He could have been a great success at something if his drive was actually focused towards something of value, but to Dnarris his drive was focused on something of value. No wonder why the village elder always use to call him a miscreant. He wasn't a bad guy he simply just wasn't a good guy either.

"Perhaps, the kind lady would be willing to show me around." Dnarris' grin remained on his face as he looked at the Elfess hopefully. He figured sticking with the Elfess was the best way to accomplish his newly acquired mission.
Old May 19, 2018, 06:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Tali smiled, unable to hide the relief upon hearing his answer. She didn't want to continue being out in the open like this. She felt exposed. Not safe. Especially when it came to the safety of Niko and her new, small companion. If they could blend safely into the crowds of Port Alyx, then all should be well.

"I would love to. Shall we?" As she asked, the elfess threw over her hood and allowed the pixie to return to her shoulder if he wanted to. Otherwise, she would cradle him in her hand - near her breast, but not too close - and begin to walk into the city. "How much have you seen so far? Or would you rather I just give you a full tour?"

As they moved, Niko watched to see where his new friend would end up. Either would be beneficial to his evil scheme...

Old May 20, 2018, 01:55 AM   #12 (permalink)
Citizen

The pixie was delighted to return to the Elf Maiden's shoulder when prompted. He was starting to begin to think that perhaps Tali was too nice and too innocent for him to be leering at. After all, there were plenty of women in the city and he didn't need to see all of them did he? Dnarris decided that question was purely rhetorical and didn't require any further thought.

Dnarris sat on Tali's shoulder and pointed down the street, "Let's begin the grand tour, shall we?" Dnarris was blissfully unaware that the Niko had gone into hiding and was currently plotting against him. The pixie was too busy thinking about other things such as why Tali felt compelled to wear a hood over her head when she was such a pretty young Elf. The fae had never known any elf to be modest, especially when it came to their looks. Tali was certainly different compared to some Elves that he recently met and so far that was an extremely good thing. The fae was beginning to get a headache just thinking about it.

Still, the fae had begun to suspect that something was, perhaps, off with Tali. Not something off in a bad way. It was more like something off in a peculiar way. Like she had a secret she didn't want anyone to know. Fortunately, Dnarris loved secrets or rather he loved to make secrets not so secret anymore.
Old May 21, 2018, 03:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

With fae 'in hand' so to speak, the elfess began their journey through the city. She started with the basics, gesturing to taverns and inns along their path. In truth, it felt as if she were rambling a bit due to the level of detail she tried to remember in her previous explorations through the area. After all, one might never know when their killer will strike - best to air on the side of caution and memorize her surroundings.

There were a few times that she ducked into an alleyway, particularly when it came to nearly passing a tavern, but overall her movements weren't too harsh. Every now and then, however, the fae would feel something lightly smacking at his wing. Only to see nothing there. Strange.

In their travels, Tali slowly came to a halt. She hadn't meant to take this path, she simply got caught up in the sightseeing aspect of it all. It felt as if each time she blinked, that damned mask flashed in front of her face for a split second. Unable to rid herself of it, she took a sharp turn and began to move a bit faster. Once they broke through the shadows, the triple suns' rays brought emphasis to the lack of color in her face now.

Despite this, she tried to power on as if nothing had happened. She glanced over at her shoulder and offered a small smile. "Any questions so far?"

Bat. Bat. Niko was having too much fun messing with the creature's wings.

Old May 22, 2018, 07:42 AM   #14 (permalink)
Citizen

The pixie sat contently on the Elfess' shoulder as she pointed out various locales in the city. Dnarris learned of a few interesting places to go if he wanted to steal a little food or drink or just sneak into a room to sleep a night. Everything was going quite well for the pixie until he felt something touch his wings.

At first, Dnarris didn't think too much about it. He simply craned his neck to look over his shoulder, but he saw nothing unusual allowing the moment to pass. But it happened again and again. Dnarris slowly felt that he needed to have his guard up. Something was going on and he wasn't certain what it was. Dnarris also noticed that the Elfess had begun to act a little strangely. She seemed to duck down alleys, oddly, for no reason and after a bit of racing around he noticed that the woman appeared to be paler than he was, which was quite the statement.

"Okay, Tali." Dnarris said as sternly as his high pitched voice could manage. "Something's going on. Are we being followed?" The pixie peered back down the alley they had just emerged from. Dnarris figured it was the only likely explanation for stepping through alleys and the mysterious tapping on his wings. He didn't have the slightest clue what was happening, but now he certainly intended to find out.

"You know, despite my size, I can be quite useful if you need help with something. You just have to tell me what is going on?" The pixie stood and with a quick beating of his wings fluttered before the Elfess. He hovered at the woman's eye level and tilted his head slightly as he examined her features. She was either sick or deathly afraid of something. The pixie began to wonder if this was something he should get involved with, but quickly thrust the thought into the back of his mind. The woman had been rather kind to him and he could at least return the favor by listening to the young woman's problems. Besides, she got bonus points for being cute.
Old May 22, 2018, 01:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Feth.

She should have known better. It was her own bloody fault for making this error to begin with, and to make matters worse she wasn't able to hide it well enough from her new companion! Was this how it was going to be with everyone? Meet them, talk a bit, and then reveal her deep, dark secret? Gods, she was pathetic. The anger showed itself in the form of clenched fists as a deep exhale attempted to lower her expression back to an acceptable state. "N-no, I'm fine. Sorry. No one is following us." That you know of. her mind quickly scolded, fueling the anger that was bubbling to the surface.

She began to advance, but was stopped by the small creature fluttering in front of her face. It was difficult to continue fighting against this so she supposed that she just had to feed into her pathetic mannerisms. "There is someone that's trying to kill me. I don't know who and I don't know why because I have no memory of my past. I get these...flashes as if my mind is trying to remember, but it doesn't stick." The elfess sighed, bowing her head. "I'm sorry. I know I sound mad..." she trailed off, uncertain of what could be said at this point. If he let her, she would continue to move toward their ultimate destination.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: