Old July 6, 2018, 01:28 PM   #46 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Ah, and so the stubborn qualities returned. Just as she was starting to like the elf that she had pulled out through their training. Well, 'like' being a relative use of the term. Either way, it was clear by his tone alone that declining his offer was going to prove a challenge. What he perhaps didn't know, or had caught onto yet, was she could be the same way.

After taking a moment to release deep exhales, the staff left the ground and she found herself perfectly balanced on one leg. Once she could ensure her own stability, one end of her staff shifted to point directly toward Cal. "If you can land another blow on me, then I'll accept your aid willingly. If I strike you first? You leave me be. Deal?"

If so, then she would take a defensive stance - at least with her upper torso - and waited for the first strike.

Posting Status: Catching up...slowly... [11/19/18]

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8, 2018, 04:52 PM   #47 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

To say it was not the response he had been expecting would have been a gross understatement, and as Kiahni squared up to him once more -on one leg no less- Calanon blinked back at her for a few moments before he eventually spoke, quite slowly, because it seemed an important point to labour.

“You are injured. And you want me to fight you?” Had the Panthera not already proven her skills? He wondered what she was trying to achieve. The Sylrosian was torn, for he did not feel comfortable continuing their spar when Kiahni was so clearly hurt, and yet nor did he want to leave her alone and injured here….had she not mentioned there were dangerous creatures in the wood?

“I think this seems a foolish endeavour” he stated, considering whether or not he should just try bundling her up. The only issue was he had no idea where her home was, and he didn't get the impression that she would tell him, were he to try such a thing. So with a sigh, Calanon made a show of getting back into a fighting stance, only to immediately snap Adilah outward towards the Katta’s left side, attempting to catch her off guard and put paid to this game.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12, 2018, 01:55 PM   #48 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Kiahnni laughed, a noise sincere and rare that managed to escape from the barrier she surrounded herself with on a constant basis. Ever since the incident where she had sustained the injury that presently was testing her balance, she decided that it was best to be solo. For now, however, the elf was an interesting exception. At least for however long their interaction lasted. "I do not believe I stuttered, elf." Her choice of words were on purpose. She was trying to upset him. Piss him off. Throw him out of whack for he needed to learn how to control it at will. Not when someone told him, 'okay - go into your meditative stance now.'

"It is only foolish if you allow your mind to think it as such," she replied in a tongue common to sages or mentors. Once again, an attempt to knock his emotions. Her golden gaze caught the slightest hint of his trickery so she was able to block his strike with ease. Once it was done, she gave a small growl - fake, but Cal wouldn't catch that unless he was truly focused. "Wrong. Again. Take your stance. Do not be disrespectful and strike when your opponent is attempting to show you respect."

Time to push some buttons! Had the elf truly learned the lessons that she was attempting to teach?

Old July 16, 2018, 08:46 AM   #49 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Calanon grit his teeth to bite off any retort he might have made, tried not to let the tension throw him off, but it was hard when the Katta blocked his strike and proceeded to lecture him on his discourtesy. His gaze may have narrowed infinitesimally, but the elf took a couple of long breaths, before he stepped back and fell into the first ward once more.

He had been trying to be nice, but if the Kiahni was so adamant that they continue in spite of her obvious discomfort ? Then far be it for him to argue.

This time, he allowed himself to settle into his breathing, letting the repetitive action of inhalation and exhalation carry away his annoyance, and it was only when he felt he senses fall into line with the quiet he sought in his mind that he began to move again. A series of slices and strikes delivered through the formations that were as familiar to him now as the weight and balance of his own blade, which he wielded with a quiet confidence. With the physical taken care of, the would be sword dancer let his attention centre on the arcane.

Now he was aware of the wide web of force energies that flowed around them, and he used this to his advantage, looking for the ripples or resistance that would indicate where the Katta tensed to move, or which direction in which the staff sought to shift.
CIR
Secrets
Old July 23, 2018, 09:02 AM   #50 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

That was more like it.

The panthera couldn't help but release a grin of satisfaction upon the sight before her. Despite her harsh words, the elf managed to find his centre and struck with a precision that made it very difficult to block - particularly with one leg. Even with all of her training in such a condition, his calm mind and accurate focus managed to land what she had requested, a strike. Not enough for her to falter or go down, like before, but it left an impact that caused her to lower her weapon.

"Much better. I think you're better than you think, so long as you can maintain your focus." After digging the butt end of her staff into the ground, she began to hobble toward the place she called home. "Follow me. I need to check a trap before heading home for pracenda." There was a moment of hesitation, as if uncertain as to the words that were to follow, "you...are welcome to join me, if you so desire."

Right! Leave it there, lingering in the air with an awkward tension as she broke eye contact and focused on keeping herself upright. She couldn't help but feel the sinking hope that he would decline her offer paired with a soft whisper that prayed to the Gods for a candlemark of company.

Old July 24, 2018, 08:57 AM   #51 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

The Sylrosian could not prevent the flicker of a satisfied smile that made a play across his features when the flat of his blade once again connected with the Katta. He felt he had rather proven his point, but when Kiahni spoke on Calanon realised perhaps he had proven hers instead.

She had been clever all along in the ways that she had prompted him, using her magic, using his own weaknesses to test him and he sighed and shook his head at having been played so effectively.

And was that not the concern she has raised- that he was too easy to read? It was something he would need to work on. Even still, he dipped his head at the offhand compliment, and, after taking a moment to gather his things, he caught up with the Katta and offered her an arm.

"You will at least allow me to help you a little, after you have given up your time to help me" the elf said quietly. And he was sure that he had gleaned more from the couple of candlemarks with the Panthera than he would have done all brightening on his own. It was hard to maintain the motivation to focus sometimes, when he was practicing without any opponent, or even any feedback.

He turned the vague invitation over in his mind, feeling that somehow it was a hard won offer to receive from the Katta, but the skies were darkening and he knew Kailin would be worried if he did not return.

" I fear I have tarried out here longer than I had planned anyway, but I would do this again, if you are amenable?" he proposed in counter. " It is not so far for me to come, and it has been good to have another to practice with."

Of course, Kiahni might have a differing opinion and be entirely glad to see the back of him, but Calanon would at least see her back to her home, and take away the lessons she had imparted.
CIR
Secrets
Old July 24, 2018, 11:19 AM   #52 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Due to the pace in which the panthera was moving, assistance wasn't something that she could refuse - as much as she didn't like it. With a heavy sigh, she reached out and took hold of his arm, using it and her staff to keep her balance and a better speed. Checking the trap wasn't too hard for it was unfortunately empty so off they went to her home! Good thing she had some spare food in moments like this.

His decline of her offer was one that brought with it mixed emotions, although his reasoning was sound. It was quite late indeed and surely he had other places to be. No, what threw her off was his offer for him to return at some point. She couldn't help the crinkle of her nose as she forced her lips shut before they could utter an immediate 'no.' There was a reason that she wanted to be left alone. Perhaps not the most sound and a bit on the stubborn side, but it was what she lived by for half an era now.

Could she give that up so easily for a chance at furthering the training of an elf that peaked her interest? He seemed kind enough and the time that they had spent together wasn't completely awful or dangerous by any means. Could she let her walls down for just one person?

Their travels back to her home remained in an awkward silence, but she finally spoke upon arriving at her doorstep. "Only you. No one else is allowed. Nor are you to speak of me to anyone. Make sure you aren't followed." She turned and was about to walk through the door, feeling emotions rise up inside of her that were nearly impossible to hide as venom dripped through her restrictions. A moment's pause, however, lifted her gaze up to meet his. "....thanks."

The door slammed shut, unable to be opened again for she slid down it and buried her face in her hands. Calanon could hear the faintest sound of growling and pounding from the other side as she released the anger that had built up inside of her.

Old July 25, 2018, 01:50 PM   #53 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

OOC:
+2 meditation xp, +1 sorcery xp for Calanon

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: