Old April 15, 2018, 12:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

[PA]Do you have to let it linger?(Tali)

TS: Winter Era XXV PF

It had been a long brightening of busy rambunctious boys, a busy toddler, and active conversation with Kailin's family, Niven was glad the brightening was over as she retired to her new chambers on the second floor of the Alyxanda Manor and changed into her nightdress. As grateful as she was to the Alyxanda family for putting her up amidst the strangest of circumstances, she was convinced that somewhere, underneath all of their kindness and hospitality, there were whispers and talk of her situation when she wasn't around. She was sure there were hushed conversations that stopped when she was near, and she thought she'd seen barely concealed glances between family members. No one was being rude and yet Niven suspected them. And some of the conversations and looks likely had more to do with Calanon than her and the family's opinions on her kinsman in regards to his relationship with Kailin. He, himself, had said as much to her a few brightenings ago.

However, she was certain that there were whispers about her as well. She was, after all, Kailin's best friend and how could a person claim to be so also be alright with sleeping with the beau of her friend? Yes, Kailin and Calanon were not together at the time. Yes, there was the love potion involved. No, neither of them had intended for any of this to happen. But how many of them truly believed the tale? It seemed so far-fetched. Dante hadn't had the patience for it.

Dante.

Niven sat on the edge of her bed as the name of her husband came into the forefront of her consciousness, gripping the side with both of her hands as she absently watched the flames in the fireplace dance and flicker, the tips licking at the chimney. Niven hadn't allowed herself to really think about him for the past few cycles. In order to be able to get through each brightening, the elfess had needed to bottle any feelings and emotions that she had about her husband and the destruction of her marriage. But over the past cycle, cracks had been forming and she knew that if she didn't allow herself the space to grieve for all that she'd lost, she'd completely fall apart at a random and likely super inappropriate moment.

The fact that she felt so incredibly alone here didn't change anything either. While the family had been nothing but kind, Kailin had since moved out of her family home and to her shared abode with Calanon so they could work through their issues and feelings around the situation privately and Niven missed the comfort she felt with her friend and the ease of the ability to talk to her about the situation they were all involved in. Niven couldn't begrudge them that. They needed the space to do so and she was happy to give it to them. Their lives were being turned upside down as well and Niven wanted to give them whatever space that they needed so that their relationship wasn't another casualty of the predicament. But it made things difficult for her. She didn't know anyone here well enough to feel she could share her the depth of her feelings about everything that was going on.

When Moss had been staying at the Manor with her Niven had enjoyed his company immensely. But he, too, had gone now, off to Jaedaxia. When or if she would see him again was unknown. The chance to forge any kind of relationship with him that would allow her the ability to share her feelings about the situation seemed lost to her now and Niven felt that acutely.

There was Ilianthe, but the little treant had her own opinions on the matter too, having formed a bond with Dante as well. As a result, she too was grieving. So that left the Sylrosian feeling alone, with no one.

The babies moved within her and Niven absently put a hand on her rounded belly. Ok, so perhaps she was never physically alone. But emotionally? She was on her own to figure everything out, unable to confide in anyone but Trigg and Juno.

Hot tears welled up in the elfess' emerald eyes and slowly spilt over, trailing down her face. How could this really be her life now? How could her plans for her future be dashed completely? Only a couple months ago she had a huge family. Three daughters and a son that lived at home, all of which kept her busy, another two sons and a daughter who were out forging lives for themselves. A housekeeper who was really more another member of the family than anything else who she spent her brightenings with, laughing, chatting, and sewing for the new life she was growing. She'd had a husband who doted on her, loved her deeply and ensured that she never wanted or needed for anything. A man she could talk to about anything and everything, who was as excited as she was to be adding to their family. Now? Now she sat here alone in a house that wasn't hers with no family, no husband, and extremely pregnant with the babies of a man she barely liked, nevermind loved.

Despair rose within her as she wondered what she could have done to deserve this turn of events? Why couldn't she just be happy? Why did the gods see fit to rob her of a family not once, but twice?

The tears just kept falling until the elfess found herself sobbing, finally succumbing to the grief of all she'd lost.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5

Last edited by Niven; April 15, 2018 at 03:16 PM.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2018, 12:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
The Alyxanda Manor!

A huge place with lots of doors and stairs, hiding people during the sleep time but always came back out when the triple dots were in the blue thing. Do people nap? Juno pondered as his shiny brown paws clicked against the floor. Only in certain places, of course, like where the ground matched his fur. Usually if it didn’t, he couldn’t make much of a sound. But it was usually soft so he supposed that was a fair exchange.

Mistress let him out so that he could freely roam about the grass and, according to her, ‘do his business.’

She really meant that grass was her version of a toilet. Although, there wasn’t any water to lick out here. Or not enough, rather. There were small dots, but all that did was make his paws cold and wet. Gross!

Now he was inside and on the hunt!

There were so many scents to follow, all floating in the big house. But Mistress had a specific smell. Like pretty flowers outside that she used to make poof from the ground. Oddly enough, it was usually in the grass...weird.

His brilliant nose led him right to the stairs! His beady eyes widened. Had she made it up safely? She was carrying pups, after all! He raced up to ensure that she was nowhere in sight.

All clear. Oh good. His little heart was still racing a bit from the climb, but it was settling back down. The problem now became exactly that! She wasn’t in sight at all which meant that she was hiding behind a door. Their door.

Which one was that again?

Ah, he could figure it out! Off he went to follow the trail-except a hooman came by and called his name. What could it be that she wanted? A hand extended toward him and he knew exactly what that meant. Pets! He rolled onto his side, eyes closing with satisfaction of his belly being rubbed. It was so nice-

Wait! Mistress! Long legs scrambled upright and sprinted past the pointed one. He couldn’t get distracted now! With nose nearly against the floor, he tracked down her scent to their door. Was this their door? Ah yes, it had a few scratch marks on it. He was good about letting Mistress know when he had returned.

Scratch, scratch! Mistress, I’m home- the thought came to a slow halt as did the scratching on the door. She was sad. He could sense it. Hear it through his floppy ears.

She needed him.

The scratching intensified, followed by a whimper. He had to be let in quickly! Mistress could not be sad! He had to help!

Posting Status: Family Emergency - will post as often as I'm able

CIR | SoF | Peer Mod Desk

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; April 15, 2018 at 12:55 PM.
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 15, 2018, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Amidst her sobs, the soft sounds of scratching at her door reached the slender pointed ears of the Sylrosian elfess. As she was rising to let in her loyal pet she could hear the soft sounds of him whining as he scratched again, clearly anxious to get in and to her. Niven only opened the door a crack to let the beast in before shutting it behind him again. She had no desire to have anyone come upon her and see her in the state she currently was. And she didn’t want to talk with anyone who was in the house right now. They wouldn’t understand.

Returning to her seat on the bed, Niven braced herself on the edge of it once more, letting her head fall forward, her hair falling around her face as she continued to cry.

The more she thought about her happy life with Dante the more her heart physically ached and the tears fell faster. Memories surfaced in her mind and each new one brought a new wave of grief. She thought of their first kiss. Him asking her to stay with the family. The brightening they’d got into the battle with the teens where Dante ended up almost being mortally wounded, the fear she’d felt that she’d lose him forever. The brightening he'd proposed in the middle of a fight, taking all the wind out of her sails. When she’d taken them all to Sylrosia to meet her family and she’d stood up for their relationship and the love and gratitude she’d received from him then. Her return form Sancta Nova and how he’d done everything to care for her and the months that followed, how she’d leaned on him to heal from the loss of her family. Their wedding and the ordeal that had been and the first time they consummated their relationship. Their honeymoon in Ieffreon and the adventures they’d had together. The brightening they realized she was pregnant, and how Dante had done everything he could to protect her from the monsters in the facility in Absis. The many brightenings she’d felt his kiss on her forehead and then on her stomach when he arose before her. The times they’d sat in the study, her head on his lap while he laid his hand on her abdomen to feel the babies move.

And then the brightening it all fell apart.

How was it she was robbed of such a happy life? She missed him so much. The way he wrapped his arms around her making her feel safe, the small acts of love he performed like always ensuring there were apples in the house as he knew they were her favourite, the feeling of his warm body next to hers in bed during the darkening candlemarks, the gentle tone of his voice that soothed all her fears. They were supposed to live like that together for centuries, not a mere matter of months.

Before long there was a large wet spot on her nightdress where her tears had collected.

CIR | SoF

Old April 15, 2018, 11:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Success!

Juno rushed into the room, not allowing the door to even try and keep him out again. A quick glance around confirmed that it was their room. It was. But that didn’t matter for Mistress was upset!

What caused the water to fall, he wondered. Had he been gone so long? Did he make her worry? He hoped that was not the case. He walked over to the comfy sleeping thing and rested his head in Mistress’ lap. Beady eyes stared up at her, inviting the water Mistress to speak of what made it happen and perhaps pet him for her own comfort.

It always made her smile to see his tail wag! Smiling was good! His tail began to beat against the floor.

This wasn’t his first time. By this point? He was the bestest friend ever and knew how to make his Mistress feel better. She was too watery now, but maybe when he managed to soothe her - they could go out to the grass! Planting flowers (still weird) always made her smile. It would make pups happy to for Mistress would be happy.

Old April 18, 2018, 10:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Juno’s heavy head rested on Niven’s knee as there wasn’t really much lap left on the elfess. A very rounded belly housing twins didn’t tend to leave much room for anything else. Niven tilted her head to the side and looked at her pup with teary eyes. A hand moved from the bed and rested on the dog’s head, stroking it gently.

“Oh Juno, what a mess this all is!” she said, as heavy tears made little wet trails down her cheeks and along her jaw until they fell. “I don’t know how we got here. How did we get here? How did I end up here and not in Dante’s arms?” A tear fell on Juno’s head.

“It was safe there,”
she continued. “No matter what happened on the outside, so long as his arms were around me, I could handle anything that came. Because we would handle it together. And now……” The elfess got choked up and couldn’t continue. Licking her lips and closing her eyes, another tear slipping beneath her long lashes. “Now I don’t know how I’m going to be able to handle this,” she said her voice breaking.

“Two babies, Juno. Two! How am I supposed to be able to care for two babies? Calanon said he’d help, but he’s not really in the best of places either. How can I even begin to support two new lives on my own? I won’t be able to work for a while, I expect, so am I just supposed to rest on the charity of others?” Niven shook her head, miserable at the thought. She’d learned young how to fend for herself and to ask so much of others. “I mean, I suppose my mother did it? But it was her sister. As much as I adore Kailin, she is not family and she has so much of her own here…”

The elfess looked at the door, knowing beyond lay the rooms of the family who had been so kind in taking her in. “Imogen reminds me so much of my mother. It’s almost painful to be with her sometimes. She would have been so thrilled that I was pregnant. Likely even more so that they were Sylrosian babies and not the 'filthy half-breeds' she was so mortified I would have with Dante.”

Returning to thoughts of Dante just made her heart ache again. “He was so happy, Juno. Do you remember? He loved us so much, was so caring. And the babies loved him. No one could soothe them like he could at darkening candlemarks. They’d be restless and he’d lay next to my belly and talk to them and they would still. They loved to hear his voice. I miss those times so much.” Tears that had dried up started to flow anew. “The look on his face… It was so cold. And heartbroken. He couldn’t look at me.” She sobbed.

“I didn’t mean it, Juno, honest I didn’t! It was supposed to have been nothing more than a dream! I never wanted to be having Calanon’s babies! They were supposed to be Dante’s. And we were supposed to raise them together with Nelly and Nikki and Meeko and Chariras.” Thinking of the family she had considered hers for so many eras was enough to have the elfess completely break down again.

CIR | SoF

Old April 19, 2018, 10:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

There, there.

Unfortunately, in these circumstances Juno knew there was little that she could do beyond simply sitting with her. He reached up and licked her hand, after receiving a few head pets of course! Licking was like mistress kisses. Only better. She needed those right now.

Dante. A name that caused Juno to growl under his breath. Someone that loved him and mistress very much, but now hurt her which was not okay. He remembered that darkening! How could he not? It was the worst darkening of his life! …well, losing that bone was pretty tragic as well. And there was also that time that he accidentally peed in the house when he wasn’t supposed to. But-! None of those brought with it a level of anger that the hound felt. That darkening, someone that he loved dearly left mistress out in the cold, carrying pups and never came back. EVER. It had been an eternity past! How could he abandon her? Abandon his pups? Mistress mentioned the pointed one, Calanon, but he didn’t understand how that all worked.

He didn’t need to, however! More cuddles! More kisses! Perhaps even give the pups a boop of his nose!

Mistress needed love. Not mean Dante.

Lucky for her? Juno was full of love. He was made of love.

Right? Yeah. Totally! Made of love and drool and joy and poops and cuddles and pee!

…he was made out of a lot, if he really thought about it.

Old April 21, 2018, 02:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

When her sobs ceased to be all consuming and it was just the odd shuddering breath, though tears still slipped out beneath long lashes, Niven felt Juno's cold wet nose nuzzle her stomach. Opening her eyes, she looked down into the dog’s deep chestnut eyes.

“ I’ve lost everyone all over again,”
she said barely above a whisper. "This time last era it was confirmed I lost everyone back home. My mother, my Aunt, my uncle, my cousins, all their children…” Niven inhaled sharply as the pain from that loss surfaced as well. It didn’t hurt like it used to, but it would be a long time before she would ever be ok with them being gone with how badly she’d left things with her family. “And now I’ve lost my family. My husband, my children..." Niven's heart ached for the relationships that were lost to her now.

"I mean, though there is Kel...."
she said, her hand moving to stroke the dogs head again. "He wrote telling me that he had rescued my paintings before Dante could do anything with them. He has them and they are safe."

The letter the man she considered to be her son had meant so much to her. Amidst all that had happened, it was comforting to know that at least one of her former family didn't see her as a monster and gave her the benefit of doubt. She knew that Maya would never speak to her again. Jar would side with his father in a heartbeat. Meeko, Nelly, Nikki and Chariras had all sided with Dante as well, too young to fully understand the complexity of the situation and assuming, as their father had, that she had betrayed them all. And Kala.... well, naturally Kala would side with Dante. She was loyal to him first and foremost. But it had pained the draconess to say goodbye.

"I don't know if we'll be able to maintain any kind of relationship, though, Juno. I mean, one, he's so far away and two if Dante ever found out... No, I cannot come between father and son, not again. I refuse to,"
she said, remembering the brightening Kel returned home after his era long search for her. He and Dante had gotten into a fistfight over the whole ordeal, though it coupled with the fact that Niven was home again had been enough to have the two let bygones be bygones. But this would not be one of those times. Dante hadn't forgiven her and he likely wouldn't be quick to forgive Kel either. She had to find a way to get her things and say farewell.

Another thought came to Niven. "What if you only get one great love, Juno? What if Dante was mine and I screwed it up? Am I destined to end up alone? I can't imagine being the single mother of twins being overly attractive to prospective mates...." More tears slipped down her cheeks.

CIR | SoF

Old April 21, 2018, 11:30 AM   #8 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

No, mistress! No!

A whimper escaped the beast, wide eyes staring up at her as he forced his tail to beat against the floor. He was not happy but it made her happy. It always did! Why was it not working? He was there! She hadn’t lost him! He had just gone to the bathroom!

Kel. A familiar name, but not one that he had heard for a while. Oh wait. No. She did mention him before. Something about a white thing that he gave her. She called it…a letter? Maybe he could make her happy? But how could he if he was nothing more than a ‘letter’ now?

No.

He would not let this continue. His mistress was to not give up hope. He wouldn’t let her.

Long front legs managed to stretch upright, giving the beast some height as he licked the tears from her pale skin. Once finished, he retracted his head a bit so that their gazes could meet. There was a confidence to them, a hope that was paired with an adorable tongue that dangled from his open jaw. He was smart. Perhaps not of big words or how to tell time. But he knew his mistress. She could be happy again. She could find someone better than mean Dante and their pups would be happy with her as a mommy and someone good as a daddy. It all came across clear in his chestnut gaze.

There was hope. Even if she didn’t believe it, her best friend did.

He knew that a smile would soon appear and when that happened? They would go and plant the weird flower.

Things would get better. He wasn’t sure when due to feeling like she had been sad FOREVER, but it would happen.

He would never leave her side. He would always be there for her.

She would be happy again. He would make sure it was so.

Old April 24, 2018, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Juno’s warm wet tongue on her cheek was comforting to the druidess. As she stared into the love and concern of her beloved pet, Niven felt compelled wrapped her arms around him in a hug, which she did, burying her face in his fur. She held him like that for a while, so long as he let her, sobbing into his shoulder

Releasing him, Niven let out a shuddering sob as her crying started to abate. Wiping her tears from her eyes, she let out a couple of hiccoughing breaths as she started to calm down. “You’re a good dog, Juno. I don’t know what I would do without you,” she said giving the canine a sad smile.

The tears still flowed, but not as heavily. The ache of loneliness and sorrow still lingered and Niven expected that it would likely linger for a while. Perhaps she wouldn’t feel it as keenly as she did this darkening, but it would still be with her for a while until she healed. And only the gods knew how long that would take.

Hiccoughing as she tried to breathe, Niven decided that her best bet was to just get this brightening over with. Rising from the bed as gracefully as a pregnant woman could, the elfess, turned and drew back the covers. Slipping into the bed, Niven got as comfortable as she could before hugging the covers close, her hands just below her chin. Focusing her eyes on the fireplace, she let the tears continue to silently fall until she finally drifted off to sleep.

CIR | SoF

Old April 24, 2018, 09:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Ah yes! Small victories! Let Mistress nice and close, for his fur was soft and shiny from a recent brushing, so that she could start to not be sad anymore. Satisfied with himself, a rhythmic thud beat against the floor as his tail wagged.

Hugs! Lots of hugging and licking and love! Mistress must understand for he would be very sad and lonely without her too. She was kind and happy and loving and deserved all of the smiles.

He could tell that she was calming down as she curled under the covers to try and take a nap. Using his mouth, he assisted in pulling the comfy soft things over his mistress. She liked to lay underneath them - he supposed that they helped with her napping. No matter! If mistress was to sleep, he would take watch!

Guard the bed throughout the night. Pace back and forth. Watch the door. Try to catch little floating thingsdust lolol that tried to get near Niven. Perhaps take a small nap as well, but he made sure that his ears were still up should something come into the room.

Brighttime outside now! That means only one thing...

Grass time!

Small scratchings at the door. Alert, mistress, alert! Grass time!

Old April 30, 2018, 07:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven awoke from her dreamless sleep to the sound of whimpering and scratching at the door. Mortified that Juno was going to scratch up the nice finish on the doors in the Ayxanda Manor, she inhaled deeply, stretched, and yawned before saying, “Alright, Juno, I hear you. Let’s let you out.” A few kicks from inside made her smile. A hand on her very pregnant belly, Niven rubbed gently and said, “Good morning to you too, Melamin.”

Pulling back her covers, Niven swung her legs off the bed first before using her arm to raise herself to a seated position. Rocking to rise, the elfess managed to get to her feet and slipped into her lavender silk dressing gown. Securing it with a bow above her bump, Niven opened the door to let both her and her canine out.

Moving no more than half as fast as the dog, she slowly made her way down the stairs, once again grateful that they had been kind enough to let her switch rooms in an effort to save her an entire flight of stairs. Waddling through the Foyer and back towards the kitchens, Niven followed Juno to the back door where she let him outside to relieve himself.

There was a chill in the air and it almost smelled like snow. The druidess inhaled deeply, filling her lungs with the fresh air. Exhaling heavily, Niven relaxed completely, noting how she felt much better than she had the darkening previous. She expected she had needed to cry as she had, really allow herself to feel all the pain of everything she had lost, acknowledge the fears she secretly held, and let it all out. It was hard bottling all of her emotions up and Niven knew it wasn’t the best way to deal with them. She needed to find times to process everything and allow herself the ability to let her feelings out in bits and pieces. Perhaps retire earlier in the evenings, or take some time to herself during the brightening.

Realizing she was starting to get really cold, Niven put her thumb and index finger in her mouth and whistled for her pet.

CIR | SoF

Old April 30, 2018, 09:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Yes, mistress awoke! Good! He had to wait FOREVER for her to do so, although if she napped well then perhaps it would be worth it if he had to let go in the house. He didn’t have to worry about that, however, for she was on the move and opened the door!

Freedom! Head to the grass!

But he couldn’t go too fast. He couldn’t leave mistress behind for she might need him. It was a battle of grass and mistress, with his love winning and causing an urgent whimper to escape his slender snout.

Hurry, mistress. Safely join me in the grass.

Grass! Within seconds, Juno found an excellent spot where he let himself go. Much better. His work was not complete, however, for others couldn’t discover and remove his scent. With a bit of dirt kicked up using his back paws, his lovely mark was protected.

Much better. Maybe he should make sure that his other spots were-

Mistress calls! Run to mistress! Morning dew had collected on his paws as they bolted over toward the house. He walked inside, rubbing himself against her leg as thanks for letting him have some grass time. Ooh, must say good morning to pups! Wet paws lifted and rested against the nightgown, a nice slobbery lick being spread across Mistress’ big belly. Morning, pups! What will we do today?

Settle down on the ground beside mistress. What do, mistress? Pups don’t answer so she would have to decide. Food? Food was a good start. He liked food.

Old May 6, 2018, 03:13 PM   #13 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Grateful her pup came running, Niven let them both inside, where the warmth of the kitchen greeted them both. The elfess grinned as his warm body rubbed up against her. Securing the door quickly behind them, she turned only to have Juno's wet paws placed on her belly. The unexpected weight of the animal made her stagger back. Frowning, Niven scolded her dog. "Juno! Down!" Checking her dressing gown, Niven was displeased to find two wet prints on the lavender silk. She tried to brush them off.

The cooks were all bustling about the kitchen and gave Niven warm smiles, greeting her for the brightening as she waddled farther into the room. At first, the head cook had objected to Niven drifting in and out of her kitchens with Juno, but between the two of them, they had managed to win her over. In fact, Mrs Patmore had taken to saving scraps for the dog. True to form, the plump cook came with a bowl she'd saved for him from the larder.

Thanking her, Niven allowed her animal to partake in the treat for Rosyun. Mrs Patmore, knowing Niven was likely peckish too, handed Niven a fresh roll which the elfess gratefully tore pieces off of and ate them.

Then she made her way upstairs where she washed and dressed and went down to join the rest of the Ayxanda family for a proper Rosyun.

Once the meal was complete, Niven decided to put on her cloak and go for a walk out of doors. There was a pretty little park nearby and the druidess felt the need to go out and feel the nature around her and clear her head completely.

Putting a leash on Juno, Niven headed to the park.

Once at the park, the druidess allowed her canine to run free around the space to stretch his legs properly as she took to the trails. Slowly she made her way around the park. It was a fairly large communal space. There were a lot of tall trees scattered around the landscape and a large pond to one side with a quaint little bridge over it. The trails snaked through the area making it a good little walk, especially for a heavily pregnant elfess.

CIR | SoF

Old May 6, 2018, 05:35 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rising from the Ashes

Juno did as he was told, but he certainly wasn’t happy about it. All he wanted to do was greet the puppies and give them love! Was that so wrong? Beady, sad eyes looked up at Niven. He wasn’t...a bad dog, right? Just made a boo-boo?

Well, if he was upset about the situation - it didn’t last long at all. They were in the big room now where people moved about and did his favorite thing in the world: feed him! As per the usual routine, he awaited his bowl next to the kind human that always delivered. The human did not fail him and the beast went head first into the meal. Sooooo gooooddd.

But was it gone already? Oh no! He had eaten too quickly-oh wait. There was still some sauce on his lips. Yummy.

Trot behind the mistress as she did her usual too. For some reason, she had to change before eating. He could never understand why for surely she was hungry! She had to feed both herself and the puppies, that was a lot of mouths to feed. But mistress knew best so no point in arguing it even if he could.

Let her eat the yummies and get ready for the day!

Oh.
My.
Dog.
A walk?! They were going on a walk? He knew it! He heard the jingly sound that the thingy made when mistress was about to put it on him! He bolted to the front door, pacing in circles with his mouth hanging open in excitement. He loved walks! He loved them so much cause he got to meet other dogs and get out and mark places as his own (since all grass belonged to him, of course). Ahh, it was just too exciting!

To the point that when the door swung open? The dog nearly bolted out the door and dragged Niven along with him. However, a solid yank from the fact he got too far away reminded him that mistress was slower now. He needed to be by her side in case she needed him. Good boys stay right by mistress’ side.

Eeeexcept when the thingy was taken off. Freedom! Grass! Roll around, whee! Uh-oh, got to go and pee on that spot. Done! Aaand chase tail- oh wait! Another dog! Much more interesting! Chase him instead.

Wait! Sorry, friend. Have to be with mistress. Run back over to-nope, have to pee there. My spot now-over to mistress! Rub up against her leg to make sure that she knew he had returned.

Meanwhile, it appeared that today was crafts day in the Park! Children bundled in jackets were being taught at a table how to plant flowers in a pot. Of course, the actual flower was fake, but it was the lesson behind it that mattered. Parents watched from afar, chatting away with one another while keeping an eye on things.

Juno got excited! They were making flowers like mistress! ...but not in grass? Weird. Show mistress what they were doing by barking and looking in the direction of the table. Look, mistress! Look!

Old May 11, 2018, 07:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

The puppy dog eyes Juno gave her melted her heart. It was impossible to stay upset with her pet when he looked like that. Giving him a rueful smile, she reached down to scratch him behind the ears. He was still a good boy, but she couldn’t afford to fall as pregnant as she was. It could be detrimental to more than just herself and his jumping up had given her a fright that it might happen.

Knowing exactly how her pet would respond, Niven’s emerald eyes sparkled with mirth as she asked, “Juno..... do you wanna go for a walk?” His excitement at seeing his leash made the druidess laugh. He was so funny!

Grateful she had a good grip on the leash, Niven stood firm as her canine bolted out the door and practically choked himself on his leash. “Juno!” she scolded. She understood that he was excited but he needed to not bolt like that! He quickly trotted back so he was beside her as they made their way to the park.

Once in the park, Niven held up her hand, the signal for the dog to sit, before she bent awkwardly to reach and let him free. “Go play!” she ordered, in a playful tone. The dog took off and Niven started to walk the path in the park at a leisurely slow pace. She caught sight of the crafting group but knew she’d get around to them eventually.

It warmed her heart to see such organized activities in parks like this. The sweet little group of blond, brunette, and redheads all peaking out of woollen cloaks huddled around a table, chatting happily and showing off their work to each other. It reminded Niven of Chariras when he had been little and the memories that the thought conjured brought a melancholy feeling to the elfess. The boy was now growing into a man at 12 eras old and she would never get to see the man he would grow into, never mind any of the rest of them. Her heart ached for the group she once considered her children and a couple of tears trailed down her cheeks.

Juno barking brought the druidess out of her thoughts and into the present. She knew he loved children and would want to go and investigate and get a few pats and scratches behind the ear from them. Wiping the tears from her face, Niven nodded and called out to him, “I’m coming, let’s go see.”

Niven was pleased she had let herself feel the pain, shed a few tears and move on. The past darkening’s break down had been good for her. She had a big bought of grief and now she was able to kinda handle it as it came. It would be difficult to manage with the hormones that raged within her, but she was certain that if she just allowed herself the spaces to cry when she needed to, she’d be able to heal and survive her pregnancy all in one go.

CIR | SoF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: