Old July 23, 2018, 07:51 AM   #46 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Wealth Tier: Steel
Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
"There are times," Mori began as she pulled the elfess into a comforting embrace, "that a single moment can completely throw us off track. We say things that we don't mean or act in a way that is foreign to us. In that time, fate makes a choice - allow the pair time to realize the error of their ways so that they may work through it or decide that its best for both to start anew. It hurts quite a bit, but in the end Anna is correct. You are stronger for it, and hopefully he is as well."

"Yeah, we don't mean him any ill will," Anna amended upon realizing her rather harsh comment. "I just don't like that he hurt you and with such bad timing."

"It allowed their true father to be with them at birth, however, so perhaps it was the Gods' will," Mori replied with a soft smile. "No matter what, the pain you felt and feel now is real and true. You must grieve before you can move on and we are more than happy to help you through it."

"With pie."

"Lots of pie." Mori and Anna laughed while Rey rolled her eyes.

"You guys and pie, I swear." The woman shook her head as she started to head toward the children, waving her hand back at the group. "Off you go, then. I'll take care of the little ones in your absence."

Anna leaned in close so as to whisper in the druidess' ear, "Rey is trying to 'diet' so she doesn't 'like' pie." She giggled before rising up herself, offering a hand to her new friend. "Shall we?"

Mori, in the meantime, slowly worked on inching up off of the bench herself. She kept one hand on the back of the seat while the other rested on her swollen stomach, chuckling at herself and how ridiculous of a process it was just to get up.

"Never Forget..."

CIR | SoF | Posting Status
Talindra Koranthil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31, 2018, 09:50 PM   #47 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Niven rested her head on her kinswoman’s shoulder and let out a sigh.

“I know you are right. I’m just ready for less life lessons right now and more just life,” Niven said, a rueful smile on her lips. “But I suppose that is not to be, or at least not for now.” She placed a hand on her belly and one of the twins gave a kick.

The elfess giggled along with the others when they prescribed lots and lots of pie to assist her through her grieving process. She gave a playful grimace as she thought about how their way might find it’s way to her waistline. Perhaps Rey was onto something there. She would have to take care that she didn’t start to emotionally eat.

It struck her how odd it was in just over an era she was on opposite ends of the spectrum. This time last era she was basically skin and bone, so completely malnourished from her time in Sancta Nova. She’d worked hard to put on weight again. Now here she was pregnant and carrying a little extra and worrying about that. Life was funny that way.

Niven did a similar routine to the one that Mori did trying to rise from the bench. It was nice to be able to share her pregnancy with another and not feel like she was slowing everyone down.

“To the pie!”
she said once on her feet, her fist raised high in the sky.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7, 2018, 12:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Once both of the enlarged women were upright, off to the pie!

Walking along the streets in such a giggled huddle drew quite a bit of attention. Not bad, per se, just curious eyes wandering in search of the source for the joy that was ringing through their ears. Most who caught sight of them offered up a small smile before resuming to what they were doing. Others allowed their gaze to lingerhehe title pun until the group passed by. The girls didn't seem to mind the attention, however, as they continued on their merry way!

After a bit, they arrived at the "Raven's Melody" - a cute, small restaurant that served a variety of foods and ales. The interior matched in the simplicity of the outdoors, allowing for a comfortable and content experience. Surprisingly, even with alcohol involved, the crowd was rather chill and pleasant. How anyone managed to upkeep that was beyond the imagination.

One of the waitress' gave a warm smile, waving to the group before gesturing to an open table. She was in the middle of helping out others, but wanted to acknowledge her favorite customers. She had long flowing raven black hair that bounced with each movement. Her clothes were rather simple and a bit ragged, but somehow she blended in well with the charming environment.

Mori struggled to sit down in one of the chairs, letting out a deep exhale once she finally settled. Phew! That was a lot of work! Once she was settled, she offered a tired smile toward Niven. "What kind of pie do you like?"

"They have all sorts!" Anna chirped as she plopped down in the seat. "Not to mention the best in town. Melody's great, you'll love her."

"She always takes good care of us. They have an excellent herbal tea as well if you like that sort of thing."

Good question! What did Niven want from this place?

"Never Forget..."

Old September 1, 2018, 02:14 PM   #49 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Niven was pleased by the atmosphere of the cute little establishment. It was relaxed and charming, exactly what she needed with her emotions still so raw after the previous darkening and her recent sharing of her tale with the girls.

Once seated with the rest of them at the table, Niven smiled. “I’m not sure. Apple pie used to be my favourite, but the babies don’t seem to like apples.” She gave a mock frown before moving on. “Perhaps they have a nice peach pie? And a herbal tea sounds lovely!"

CIR | SoF

Old September 4, 2018, 05:10 PM   #50 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

The girls definitely understood that one, giving a soft laugh along with a nod. "It's crazy how picky they are, even inside of the womb. When I was pregnant with Thomas, I was never able to eat blueberries. Ever since he came into this world? Can't get the kid to even try a bite!"

Mori chuckled, rubbing her stomach. "I've been fortunate with my little ones for they seem tolerant of foods. It's the morning sickness that still manages to get me. Definitely didn't miss that."

After a few minutes of casual conversation, Melody walked over with a beaming smile. "Serale! It's good to see you guys, but I feel like you're missing one and have added another?"

"You know how Rey is. She prefers to try and keep her figure slim." Anna replied with a grin as her arm wrapped around Niven to pull her into a side hug. "Aaand this! Is our new friend, Niven!"

"A pleasure, Niven," Melody replied with a bow. "What can I get you guys started with today?"

Mori thought for a moment before letting out a small sigh. "Just some tea, thanks. Perhaps a roll to nibble on? I'm not terribly hungry right now."

Anna frowned, but kept quiet and her attention focused on their waitress. "Our lovely friend here would like to try out your peach pie and some tea! I'll have the usual, please~"

Melody chuckled, jotting down everything into a small journal that appeared to have seen better days. "Alright! I'll make sure to get all of that out shortly!" With another bow, she darted off to tend to their orders.

Mori adjusted in her chair, offering up a soft smile. "Has there been anything else that they have disapproved of?" Casual conversation was her attempt at easing the elfess' mind from the sorrow that had plagued her less than a candlemark prior. Hopefully it was a useful technique.

"Never Forget..."

Last edited by Talindra Koranthil; Yesterday at 02:08 PM.
Old September 17, 2018, 09:43 AM   #51 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven smiled up at the comely woman as she greeted her. “The pleasure is all mine.”

Mori’s order elicited a raised eyebrow from the Sylrosian at her new friend. Not hungry while pregnant? She could only imagine what that might feel like. Niven was certain that by the time she’d passed the point of morning sickness, there was never not a time she was hungry. Perhaps that was a difference between having a single baby versus twins.

“Fish,”
Niven replied after a thinking for a short moment. “Fish is a huge no-no. Doesn’t matter how it is prepared. Made life interesting for a while as my husband was -is?- a fisherman.” The amusement from the memory was now marred by the hurt it brought up, but Niven refused to let it colour the conversation.

“They seem to really like grapes! I’ve never craved anything like I do grapes.” It was an attempt to shift the tone. If she was lucky the table would take her cue and not dwell on the mention of Dante. It was difficult to not let him in as she had been with him most of her pregnancy, but the elfess refused to give in to her emotions again as raw as they still were. There was a time and place to cry and it was most definitely not in public.

CIR | SoF

Old Yesterday, 02:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Anna was able to detect the raise of Niven's eyebrow, having been used to spotting such expression changes. Not for any true purpose, mind, she just liked to people watch and one's facial features were the most fascinating part of the body. Almost constantly changing. Sometimes emitting more than one emotion. It truly was neat, but not something that she would admit to. Instead, she simply leaned over and whispered to their new friend, "Mori has a lot of nausea. It's been like that since her pregnancy started. We try and get her to eat at least a little bit and get the proper hydration."

Leaaaan back! Resume casual conversation!

Which, apparently, Anna was quite interested in. "Bleh! Fish is awful. I never have liked it. It must have been hard having it in the house. Did the scent make you nauseous?"

"Grapes are really good," Mori replied as she tried to help veer the topic off of Niven's old husband, "and good for you. I know of some women who crave such bad and unhealthy foods. It must be hard to deal with, especially on your own."

"Well, not anymore!" Anna chimed in with a beaming expression. "You name it, we can get it for ya! Just give me the word and I'm on it, kay?"

Ah, yum! The tea arrived! Sip~ how did it taste? Did her new friends have a good sense on their choice of beverage?

"Never Forget..."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: