Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old May 15, 2018, 10:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

There were a myriad of emotions that Niven watched move across Tali’s features as she told her story. It was clear she had some very strong feelings about the Sylrosian’s tale. Niven wondered if there weren’t going to be questions arising based on the history of the Empire she had just shared. The druidess had no idea how much the mystic knew of the past.

Of all the emotions Niven saw, anger seemed to be the one at the forefront and the one that took hold. Niven tilted her head as she gave the shadow elf room to feel and manage her emotions. She pressed her lips together as Tali drained her stein of ale and turned away from the paler elfess only long enough to signal to Logan that Tali was going to need another.

“Thank you,” Niven replied softly. “As I said, the situation was a little bit of a mess. It was heartbreaking after so many eras together to have something like this drive us apart, especially after we’d been through so much together. I wish it could have been different. He was a wonderful father and though he was not the father to my children, I have no doubts he would have been a good stepfather if he had been able to see past his own hurt. Instead he became consumed by it.”

The wood elf looked sad as she thought on her ex-husband. Her anger had abated a while ago, but the sadness had lingered. There would always be a part of her that would love Dante, but even if he apologized, she was certain that she would never go back. He had chosen his hurt and completely ignored hers in the entire situation and love didn’t do that. Niven was just as devastated to find that her dream had been real and the babies were not his. And yet she’d had no one to lean on. Everyone in the family had taken Dante’s side. Niven wasn’t sure she’d ever felt more alone in her entire life in a house full of people.

And that is why she’d had to leave. The stress of everything was just too much and Niven felt that the best thing she could do for Dante and the children as well as for herself and the twins was to leave them all be. It had been like someone was ripping her heart out of her chest to leave the home she loved, but it was what needed to be done.

Tali apologized and Niven shook her head. “No no, it’s fine,” she said waving her off. Truth be told, she appreciated that the elfess beside her had become already friendly enough with her that she felt anger on her behalf. The Sylrosian thought it was rather sweet.

As Niko continued his affections, Niven rubbed her own cheek back. “Thank you for your comfort, my little friend,” she said to him. She picked up the second apple and held it up to her shoulder where the nimrban sat, rewarding him for his kindness to her.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5

Last edited by Niven; May 21, 2018 at 02:45 PM.
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2018, 04:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
Tali could hardly imagine having to deal with so much heartbreak.

Not only had she felt betrayed by her own husband, but those she came to love as her own children as well? It was rather incredible that the druidess could sit there now with such a shine and have such a warmth to her smile. That alone reflected well on how strong she was which only improved her status as a wonderful mother to her young ones back at home.

The twins. How strange was it to think now that they belong to Cal? Not that he wouldn't be a good father, of course, but it was just an odd thought. He could be rather dramatic at times, but he had shown that he could set it aside to help out so she was certain he would do the same for Niven and their little ones. Gods, the story of how their parents met was going to be a rather awkward one down the road.

It should have bothered her, or at least weirded her out a bit. But it didn't. In fact, she found the three of them - Niven, Cal, and Kailin to be rather strong individuals whose bond would survive the future eras and even into the afterlife. Tali couldn't help but feel as if she was the rather odd tag-along to it all. They shared so much hardship, with each other as shoulders to cry on and push through. Yet the only reason that Tali knew two of them was because Cal took pity on her moment of PTSD.

That damned mask. How it still haunted her even now.

No. She thought with a bit of a venomous snarl. Now is not the time nor place for a breakdown because you feel out of place or lonely. This woman just poured her heart out to you. You won't repay it by acting like a child.

After finishing off her tankard, she propped up a smile and turned to face her new companion. "I know it must have been hard on you. I'm sorry that you had to suffer in such a way. In truth..." she paused, forcing her composure to remain, "I think it's quite incredible. You went through so much and yet you have made a new life for yourself. You're so happy and you let it make you stronger rather than it breaking you. It's really admirable."

Niko's eyes widened with excitement. He was careful not to be too greedy and snatch it, but the beast happily accepted the apple and enjoyed each wonderful bite that he took. He let an ear tickle against Niven's neck, his way of loving on her without getting apple juice all over her skin. Yuck!

Meanwhile, the elfess hunted for something to discuss and prevent any awkward tension that might spread between them as a result of her pent up emotions. "You spoke of the goddess Diana before. Was she who the sea was named after?" Perfect! A follow-up question to some of the history that Niven had spoken of would keep a flow going and not seem a desperate attempt for conversation.

"Never Forget..."

CIR | SoF | Posting Status
Talindra Koranthil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2018, 03:06 PM   #33 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

As Tali finished off her tankard, Logan appeared with a new one to replace it. He gave the ladies a wink and took the coins Niven slid across the bar at him before moving away again, leaving the two on their own. If the conversation hadn’t looked serious, he might have ribbed Niven for letting her pie grow cold. But the human could tell based on their expressions that now was not the time for that sort of thing.

Niven gave Tali a sad smile. “I have come to accept the lot the gods have given me. It wasn’t easy though. I had to find time to allow myself to grieve for everything I’d lost. It was the only way to truly move past it. But in doing so I had to also not lose sight of what I had been given. Kailin has been the best of friends through her own emotions throughout this whole ordeal. Calanon, once he accepted the truth, has been quite supportive as well. And there have been others who have been a welcome distraction which is also helpful in its own way. While a door may have shut, a window certainly opened.” She took another sip of her sweet tea, which was now almost gone. “My life looks very little like how I planned it, but there are opportunities to be found here as well, so long as you look for them.”

The druidess grinned at the little monkey-cat as he munched on his second apple and rubbed up against her as he did so. She was happy to make him happy and earn his friendship as much as she was to earn his mistress’.

Tali’s question had Niven’s gaze shifting from her pet to her. “Likely. The city of Sacrum was once named after her too, but soon after her demise that changed. The church of faith was quick to wash any mention of her from the face of the Empire. It is a wonder they did not change the name of the sea as well. If you go to any of the cathedrals or chapels, you will find very little is left of the former queen of the gods."

CIR | SoF

Old May 23, 2018, 01:18 PM   #34 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Talindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious SuperheroTalindra Koranthil is a glorious Superhero
The elfess gave Logan a small nod tied together with a smile, her way of silently thanking him for the refill without interrupting her companion. Tali couldn't even begin to imagine how hard it must have been for the new mother. It was quite a lot to accept and try to move past in a rather small period of time. All at once she had found herself alone and homeless, yet not entirely alone. She was quite lucky indeed to have Cal and Kailin, although it seemed as if Niven wouldn't have minded a few days out in a forest.

Tali wasn't sure if that was how druidism worked, but the idea of using magic to make a treehouse crossed her mind for a split second. Rather silly, really, so she let it fade back into the depths without further acknowledgement.

There was quite a bit of the conversation that the Tali couldn't relate to. However, there was a rather big piece that seemed to hit home a bit harder than the rest. Was one meant to plan out their life? She had mostly lived as if each brightening was a blessing, but also a curse for she was no safer than she had been the brightening prior. She had dreams of course, but that was mostly what they remained to be. Fantasy. Nothing of true substance.

She found herself grateful for having changed the subject back to something that was a bit more light-hearted. If not for her own benefit, but also that of Niven who likely didn't want to live through all of that more than she had to. "Interesting. So these Church of Faith people don't like Diana?" The question was asked casually as her gaze shifted from the pale elfess to her drink.

That wasn't ale.

It only lasted for a second, but the flash was enough to nearly send her falling off of the stool. She stood in front of the counter, trembling hard as widened eyes refused to leave the tankard. Her tone had dropped several tones, leaving her sickly. Not to mention she had once again drawn quite a bit of attention to herself with these flashes of PTSD.

How embarrassing...

"I-I'm so sorry," she began as she forced herself back into the chair. "I must have s-seen a bug or something." A quaking hand brought the tankard up to her lips and didn't leave until it was half-empty.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 23, 2018, 08:52 PM   #35 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven opened her mouth to answer but was distracted by the sudden movement of her drinking companion. In a flash, Tali was on her feet, her chair laying on the floor behind her where it had fallen. The loud crash it made when it hit the floor made the entire tavern go quiet as everyone looked to see what had happened. Usually, in these circumstances, the sound of a chair hitting the floor meant a fight was about to break out.

The Sylrosian was confused by her friend’s behaviour but needed to deflect the looks. Whatever had happened, the last thing Tali needed was a million eyes on her. “Sorry, my bad! I startled her!” she said, holding up a hand as she slipped out of her chair and bent gracefully, holding Niko on her shoulder with her hand, to pick the chair up off the floor, setting it upright behind Tali again.

“You ok?” She asked the younger elfess, returning to her seat, looking at Tali, concern on her features. The hum of conversation started up again all around them. Logan even looked like he wanted to come over and check, but seemed to think the better of it.

Her response brought a dubious look to Niven’s face. Tali certainly didn’t look like she’d only seen a bug. And it was an odd reaction for someone who lived under trees. Tali must see bugs all the time.

“Are you sure?”
The druidess asked, her concern evident in her emerald eyes. “Do you need some air?” Niven didn’t wait for a response before she started to look for Logan, her intention to notify him that they would return after a sojourn outside.

CIR | SoF

Old May 25, 2018, 07:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Tali was grateful to her companion for the attempt at conjuring an excuse for what happened, but it didn't lighten her embarrassment. Every part of her wanted to retreat from the tavern and hide in a hole somewhere. However, a bit of fresh air sounded like a good compromise since her 'bug' story wasn't holding up too well. "I-I'm sorry, I just need a moment," she muttered before her trembling frame made its way through the door. The elfess didn't stop until she was along the side of the building and, for the most part, out of sight. She slumped down against the wall, burying her face in her hands.

How embarrassing! Was this just going to be a thing now? Seeing things that weren't truly there? Was she slowly going mad? Would it ever bloody end?

After a few minutes to regain some sort of composure, her tear-filled gaze shifted up to the druidess who had followed her out. "I...There is someone after me. Trying to kill me. H-he attacked me one darkening while I was with my f-father and..." a hesitant pause allowed for her to keep semi-calm, "I barely escaped with my life. But I don't k-know why I'm being targeted. I have no recollection of my past a-and...I feel as if I'm losing my mind as a result."

There came the tears, pouring down her cheeks as she bowed her head in an attempt to hide them. What would her new friend think now? Likely that the woman was either a loon or rather dangerous. Either way, she likely fethed up any chances of meeting her little ones or having any further relationship with Niven.

"Never Forget..."

Old May 26, 2018, 02:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Finally catching Logan's eye, Niven gestured to the bartender that they would be right back. Logan raised a hand and nodded, his blue eyes filled with concern as he followed Tali's movements out the door of the tavern. The druidess was hot on her heels, careful not to let Niko fall off her shoulder.

The suns were bright as the elven women emerged from the tavern and the Sylrosian was blinded. She raised a slender hand to shield her eyes while they adjusted to the dramatic shift in light. Once they had and Niven could see again, she looked around but Tali was nowhere to be found. She frowned, before peaking around the corner to the side of the tavern and found the ginger elfess squatting on the ground, her back against the wall and her head in her hands.

Niven tilted her head to the side giving her friend a look of sympathy before walking over and squatting next to her, the fabric of her dress pooling around her in the dust. Gently she placed her hand on the girl’s arm and rubbed gently as she cried.

“Hey, it’s ok.... whatever happened, it’s ok,” the elder elfess said soothingly.

To be honest, Niven had no idea what had happened. The shift in the shadow elfess had come on so suddenly and completely without warning that she wasn’t sure exactly what to make of it. But there would be time to find out what had happened once Tali was calmed down.

When Tali finally met her eyes and began to speak, confusion momentarily crossed her delicate features before her face went blank as she just listened to what the girl had to say. When she finished, a determined look bloomed on the elfess’ face.

“You are not losing your mind,”
she said firmly. “It is a frightening thing to be hunted. It only makes sense that you would be constantly on your guard and that can be exhausting. And extreme exhaustion can cause hallucinations.” Niven knew this better than almost anyone. Her time in Sancta Nova had been difficult and had almost pushed her past her breaking point.

"I can’t imagine anything you might have done that would warrant death, but you will not die on my watch,”
The elfess promised. She put her arm around the girl and hugged her close, resting her chin on Tali’s head.

“Who is trying to attack you. What does he look like?” she asked, releasing Tali and trying to meet her amber eyes. “Where did you last see him? Is he tracking you or do you only suspect he is?” If Niven was going to protect Tali, she needed all information. And she would speak further with Calanon and Kailin about what could be done.

Before Tali could answer, Niven shook her head. “Come back inside. We can get some food into you and we’ll talk some more. I'll see if Logan has a back room somewhere where we won't be disturbed or overheard."

CIR | SoF

Old May 29, 2018, 03:20 PM   #38 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Was that what she was? Exhausted? It was possible, the elfess hadn't gotten a restful night's sleep in cycles, maybe even more than that. Even now, her limbs felt heavy and crying was rather tiring - to the point that it simply trailed off despite the feeling of necessity clawing away at her stomach and chest. She slumped against the druidess, trembling lightly in her comforting embrace. It was...strange. Several people had been told her story, yet Niven was the first to get this sort of reaction. And be given such in return. The warmth of her skin, the gentle strength in her arms, all seemed to add up to a calming blanket over the pale elf.

To the point where Niven's words didn't fall on deaf ears.

She shook her head, gently pulling away. "I-I appreciate your kind words, but I cannot ask you to protect me. In truth, it w-will be the other way around. I have endangered you and possibly your children," she let out a shaky sigh, "and I refuse t-to sit by and do nothing." It was difficult to stand, particularly due to the wave of exhaustion slamming into her, but with the help of the wall - she managed to regain her footing. "T-that's a good idea. Let's head in."

If the druidess led, Tali would trail slowly behind and not let go of the wall until she was certain of herself. It wasn't the wisest plan to collapse now for there was a good chance she wouldn't get up again. Back into the tavern where hopefully things had died down and eyes wouldn't fall on her again.

"Never Forget..."

Old June 4, 2018, 08:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Feeling Tali relax into her, Niven just held her. She remembered all too well what it felt like to have your anxiety constantly on high alert, to have your body on the verge of shutting down at all times due to the inability for it to handle the consistently high amounts of adrenaline running through it. To feel like you were crazy because you were seeing things that weren’t there because sleep was fleeting and no matter how tired you were, you were unable to sleep for fear of what both the waking world held for you that you could not escape even in the dream world. Niven knew those feelings all too well and it hadn’t been until she’d returned home into Dante’s embrace that she’d been able to sleep and eat and live again.

The memories of Dante’s strong arms around her made her heart ache, but it was nothing compared to what Tali was currently going through, and Tali was who mattered right now. Niven pushed her feelings about her ex-husband from her mind, but took comfort in knowing that based on his actions, Niven knew how she could help her new friend. For now, for as long as Tali would let her, Niven would be the strong arms she could feel safe in.

As Tali pulled away, Niven allowed the girl her space. A smile bloomed on her lips as she prepared a response to Tali’s understanding that the Sylrosian had felt asked to help the younger shadow elf, but it faded as the girl explained the danger. “The children.” Niven’s mind went to her sweet little babes at home and was horrified at the thought that there was someone on Telath that would want to harm a single hair on their heads. Oh, Gods, Calanon would be livid she’d gotten herself and now their children into such a situation. But surely Calanon already knew the situation and, if Tali was correct, would have found a target on his back already, which would have meant they were all already in danger. It’s just now Niven knew about it.

The druidess exhaled slowly. “Well, if that is the case, then I suppose I will need to be on my guard. And you will need to tell me everything you know about this assassin. If there is a target on my back now, then I need to know what I am looking for. But, again that’s a conversation for inside. Let’s go,” she said, taking the girl by the arm, being her strength in her apparent weakness.

Niven led Tali back into the tavern. No more than a couple people glanced up at the sound of the door opening and seeing the two elfess’ from before they returned their eyes to their own business. There was nothing of interest to see. The Sylrosian got her friend settled into her seat from earlier before saying, “Wait here. I’m going to talk to Logan.”

The druidess went down to the other end of the bar where Logan was cleaning glasses. Tali could see the elfess speaking with the human, but the words were impossible to overhear above the sounds of conversation going on around them. She would be able to see Niven rest her hand gently on Logan’s arm with a smile of gratitude on her lips before moving off and returning to where the mystic elfess was seated.

“Come with me. Logan said we could use his back office,” Niven said with a smile. Helping Tali if she needed it, Niven would lead the pair of them down to the other end of the bar where Logan had lifted a piece of the bar on a hinge, allowing the two to pass through. As quickly as Tali was able to move, Niven would lead her through the kitchens and to a small room that served as Logan's office.

As they entered the room, they could see there was a desk against the far wall that faced the door so that Logan could see anyone who entered his office when he was in there. There were books and pieces of parchment riddling the workspace, clearly shipping manifests for orders as well as the bar owners ledgers, all illuminated by a large oil lamp. Behind the desk on the wall were shelves that held more leather bound books, likely older ledgers and so on. Against the left wall was a couch with a pillow and a mussed blanket. It was likely that Logan had slept in his office a time or two. Against the right wall was a large trunk.

Niven guided Tali to the couch where she helped the girl sit, simultaneously grabbing the blanket off the couch. Folding it expertly, Niven draped it across the arm of the couch. Logan came in soon after with their drinks from the bar and a barmaid came in behind him with their steaming pheasant pies.

“I had cook reheat the pies. I figured you both looked like you really needed to eat,” Logan said, looking more at Tali than at Niven.

Niven looked up at him and nodded. “Thank you, Logan.”

Logan set the drinks on his desk before gathering his papers into a messy pile on the desk, clearing a space for the pies to be set down. As he and the barmaid took their leave he said, “Let me know if you need anything else,” before shutting the door behind him.

Getting Tali her drink and grabbing her own in the process, Niven sat on the couch, one leg tucked under her. “Ok,” she said facing the shadow elfess. “Tell me everything you remember."

CIR | SoF

Old June 7, 2018, 02:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Heading into the tavern wasn't nearly as bad as she had expected. She was able to move about without aid and few eyes gave them a passing glance as they moved toward the bar. Oddly enough, it was as the druidess left her seated to speak with Logan that it all seemed to hit her at once. Gods, she was exhausted. If it were possible, she would lay her head down on the counter and take a small nap. Foolish emotions seemed to have that affect on her, it seemed. Either that, or she had suppressed the feeling since she saw it as weakness rather than an actual cause for what she was going through.

Either way, it was good that Niven returned when she did. Otherwise, she might have given in to her fantasies. She slowly rose from the chair, ensuring that she had the proper footing before following her companion through the kitchen and into Logan's office. It was the perfect place for them to sit and chat without having to worry about people desperately searching for something to gossip about. The only problem, which she kept to herself, was that the couch was reaaally comfortable and tempting.

Certainly more soft than sleeping on the ground, but it wasn't an option. Therefore she did as she had prior to meeting the elfess - let the feeling slip into the depths of her mind and ignore it. Healthy, right?

The complicated topic that they were to discuss certainly helped matters for it gave her mind something new to focus on, even if she didn't like it. Before their discussion, however, she decided it was better to finish off the pie that was made for them. She smiled sadly up at Logan before giving him a bow of her head. "Thank you, Logan. For everything."

Yum, yum, yum! Each bite was incredible, even warmed up! However, it was consumed in silence for the elfess took the time to mull over the question that had been posed to her. It was a rather difficult one, particularly due to her amnesia and uncertainty as to what was actually real or not. However, she couldn't just give the new mother nothing and allow her to be terrified of anyone that neared her children. Even if Tali intended on keeping them safe, it wasn't a good idea to keep her friend in the dark. Especially after everything that Niven had done for her.

After a few sips from the tankard, she let out a deep exhale. It was time to begin. "I'm sorry if this is scattered, but it's the best way I can explain it. He has gloves, ones with claws like a cat attached to them," she shifted her hair to one shoulder so that the scars could be revealed to Niven, "which is what he used to try and strangle me that darkening."

There was a pause for she nearly began to fall into what was still a mystery for her. None of that was pertinent to the conversation, at least this one. "It's a man. Not particularly young or old, probably my age judging by his height and appearance. He dresses like a jester, wearing a mask to hide his face. He has three, one happy, one sad, and one angry. The brightening that I saw a glimpse of him with Calanon was when he had the happy mask. An illusionist also tried to capture me and bring me to someone named "DK" - which I think is my killer's initials.this isn't a finished thread so she might remember more depending on what info I can get from maximus' npc"

She sighed, bowing her head. "T-that's...that's all I know right now. And some of that was a hallucination so it might not even be right. I'm sorry I couldn't give you more." Her voice had lowered a bit, nearing a whisper as her upper body began to curl into itself. Ah, there was the emotions again - trying to resurface despite her best attempts at keeping them trapped.

"Never Forget..."

Old June 13, 2018, 10:54 AM   #41 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Tali dug into her pheasant pie and Niven set down her drink and picked up the other fork and started nibbling at hers as well. The pie plate was warm against her palm and Niven appreciated it’s warmth after the slight chill in the air outside. She waited patiently for Tali to eat so she could regain some energy, but she could see what the girl needed most was a couple brightenings of rest.

The elfess cocked her head as Tali began, her eyebrows raising as Tali moved her hair to reveal the scars from the cat-like gloves. Niven had never been choked before, but remembered the feeling of Dante’s claws against her skin in his Panthera seeming. Granted, he had always been gentle with her, but they had been sharp and cold. To have something like that digging into your neck, with your air supply cut off… The sylrosian inhaled slowly as she tried to shake off the chill that had run down her spine. "Ok. Gloves like cat claws,” she thought, making a mental note to be more aware of people’s hand-wear.

“He dresses like a jester?” Niven asked, trying to get a mental picture. “What kind of clothes does he wear? Something brightly coloured or more subdued? About how tall is he? Is he pale like you, or darker skinned? You said he was tall. Could you tell what race he was? Human or elf? Or was that hidden behind the mask?” She tried to ask more pointed questions to gain a better understanding. What Tali had given here was more than a little vague and not exactly the most helpful.

“DK,” she mused, thinking if she knew or had heard of anyone with those initials. The D made her think of Dante, but that was absurd. Dante’s last name was Asunder for one and for two it was completely out of his character to do such a thing. He would be more like she was, protective of Tali. But DK could be a nickname or an alias. It wasn’t exactly the most helpful piece of information, but Niven would keep an ear out for it anyway.

As Tali curled into herself, Niven put her empty pie tin and fork on the desk and moved to sit next to Tali. If anyone knew what fatigue and intense emotions were like, it was her. Wrapping her arm around the shoulder of the younger elfess, Niven gently pulled Tali into her, comforting her and giving her space to feel whatever it was she was feeling. And if the elfess fell asleep as well? So be it.

CIR | SoF

Old June 15, 2018, 01:03 PM   #42 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

This was harder than she had expected. Thus far, she hadn't given much more than just the knowledge that she was being hunted. Going into further details about it, even those that only revealed themselves within an illusion? It was proving more difficult. And painful.

Yet, within the comforting embrace of the druidess, she was able to find trace hints of relief. Enough so that a deep exhale managed to release some of the tension in her frame. If she could help it, she wouldn't have another breakdown like she did with Kailin and Calanon. "Bright-colored clothing. U-um, not sure about what was behind the mask but judging by his neck - pale skinned like me. Not sure about race, he w-was wearing a hood..." the tremble in her voice couldn't be helped nor the traces of a slur as exhaustion slowly set in.

"The initials...they sounded f-famiiar, but I don't know why. They don't fit my mother's or my father's. Is t-there a way we could figure that out? A library of people or something?" The question didn't make much sense, but it was her best attempt at trying to help. Thus far she had only given more questions than answers which wasn't very helpful. She slowly pulled away so that the warmth of the elfess wouldn't continue to pull her into sleep. Not now. It was broad daylight and there was quite the target painted on Niven. She had to protect her friend. No matter what.

"Never Forget..."

Old June 19, 2018, 11:39 PM   #43 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

The elfess nodded as Tali tried to think of more details that she could give. Pale like her. Ok, so an Esh’lahier, or a half one like Tali at the very least. That was helpful and narrowed down a good deal of the general populace. He also wore a mask and brightly coloured clothing and a hood. That should be reasonably easy to spot, especially now that the weather was turning warmer and less and less people were wearing their hoods up.

“Shhhhh, don’t worry about that now,” Niven said soothingly, stroking Tali's red hair. There were likely millions of people with those initials, thousands likely just in Port Alyxandrya alone. It was a detail that wasn’t overly helpful but was good to know.

As Tali pulled away from her, Niven released the girl and instead took her pale hand in both of hers. “We’ll figure it out. You are no longer alone in this. Whatever happens, you are not alone. I will do everything I can to help you,” Niven promised. She didn't know right at this moment how she was going to be able to help, but the Sylrosian was determined to do whatever she could.

"Here," Niven said, reaching for Tali's drink. "Drink something. It should help with your nerves if nothing else."

CIR | SoF

Old June 22, 2018, 01:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
Everything is Walnuts

Tali shook her head, quickly pulling away from Niven so that her anxiety could be released via pacing through the room. "Y-you can't help me. It's not safe. You have little ones. You h-have Cal and Kailin. I can't put you through t-this. I have to do something, but I don't know what. I-" her words trailed off as panic began to set in. Was oxygen a thing? It didn't feel like it. The back of her neck stung at the reminder of asphyxiation. Trembling hands reached up and grabbed clumps of hair as they set themselves on either side of her head.

Can't breathe. Can't be here.

Have to get away.

Can't.

I can't...

It seemed as though her body was still able to function despite her brain shutting down. The long, slender legs gave out from beneath her, forcing the elfess to collapse back onto the couch. Her arms fell limp at her side, tears still pouring down her cheeks as she struggled to regain a natural rhythm. After a moment, she attempted to accept the water but refused to meet Niven's gaze. "I-I'm sorry," she croaked, "I...I just can't bear the thought of something happening because of m-me. Whatever mistake I made in my past..." the trembling glass was set down in her lap as she continued to hang her head in shame.

"It might just be b-better if you didn't s-speak of our friendship...until I can fix this."

"Never Forget..."

Old June 23, 2018, 07:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Dark eyebrows raised as Tali moved off the couch and started pacing. Niven tilted her head and sighed as she waited to get a word in edgewise. She understood Tali’s sentiments, but they were already in danger, thanks to her involvement with Cal and Kailin. There was no escaping that fact now. But she was now aware of the thread and none of the three of them was inexperienced in battle.

That was until she put a death grip on her hair.

Alarm bells went off in Niven’s head. She’d experienced this before herself. It was a panic attack. The druidess sat on the edge of her seat on the couch as Tali collapsed into it.

“Tali,” Niven said calmly, “Breathe.” She made exaggerated gestures inhaling and exhaling.

The next words out of Tali’s mouth were heartbreaking. The Sylrosian was sad for the auburn elfess. Her life must be so lonely and so frustrating. And it was easy to see that she was exhausted.

“Tali…..” Niven pursed her lips. “No. It’s not your job to fix this all on your own now. Calanon and Kailin helping you already put our family in danger. And if that’s the case, then it’s better for you to have all of us as allies in your search for your attacker. We will protect each other. That’s what friends do. But first, you need to sleep. Because you are no good to anyone, including yourself, in your current state.” Niven gave a firm nod. She was going to convince Tali to get some sleep either here or at her home in her own bed if she needed to.

CIR | SoF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: