Old August 18, 2018, 12:14 AM   #106 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"Well, yes."

Technically.

"But still not good enough."
Old August 18, 2018, 12:35 AM   #107 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Huffing anew,
There was a glower as Éclair,
Pulled herself up off the ground again and made a pointed effort of dusting herself off all over again.
This time around,
She counted two paces before making a neat piroette,
Dark skirts flaring about the young woman’s legs,
Before she once more plopped herself down upon the ground,
This… was,
This was probably going to take a while.
Only, there was a solution even if Éclair had tended to be naturally far more hesitant,
Of exploring this side of Family Matters. Havina? Sure, why not. Her Mother & Father…? Uh…
Mum was Kay,
Father however was… Ugh.
Which made for Éclair throwing forth a Suggestion,
And bracing for the almost exhausting cheer that came with Her Mother’s antics,
As she added, “This is far enough.”
Old August 18, 2018, 01:43 AM   #108 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"I guess?"

The foreman decided this was going to be more trouble than it was worth. If a supervisor didn't come along and get them in trouble, then it was probably fine, wasn't it?

"But no closer."

For her protection and stuff. Probably. It was an industrial workplace, after all! Miners wore all sorts of protection! Kind of. Maybe. A little.

Back to work for the foreman, and back to... um, waiting. For Éclair.
Old August 18, 2018, 01:52 AM   #109 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Nod!
Nod-nod!
Éclair just beamed up at the foreman,
Her mounting frustration with the whole, having to move on? Washing away and being replaced,
With a mounting cheerfulness, light of thought, light of soul as the Jorelite was suddenly all dimples and grace as she waved at the man,
Her Mother’s influence,
While probably good for the soul?
Was still distressing in its own way, far less straight forward than Havina’s… Urges.
That, Éclair could wrap her mind about.
Her Parents mannerisms though were… Her Parents,
And the idea of ending up,
Like Her Mother was all kinda of unsettling,
Still, once the foreman had his back turned?
Éclair scooted forwards another couple paces back to where she’d started,
Before flopping down upon her back; lazily watching the sky and content just to kill time until The Dummy was, t’was done with whatever it was he was doing,
Old August 18, 2018, 02:07 AM   #110 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Much time passed. And while Éclair had received a healthy amount of snacks at the Thanal Estate?

Hungry.

The miners were breaking, because it was meal time too. It seemed like they had a cafeteria nearby. Looked like Dummy was headed over.
Old August 18, 2018, 02:34 AM   #111 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Rumbling of the tummy?
Emergency Cake it was, t’was!
As Éclair eyed the small parcel with something akin to reverence,
Which, in a way it was.
After all, insofar as she was concerned?
Anna’s cooking was next to divinity. Uncaring that the Dummy,
Was, t’was wandering,
No, this was, t’was Important!
Unfolding the wrapping,
With meticulous care, the tip of her tongue,
Poking out between her lips in concentration as not a scrap was to be lost,
That until she got Home? This was It,
Focus!
Pay Attention!
Cake!
Old August 18, 2018, 02:36 AM   #112 (permalink)
Foreboden!

It was really good cake. Definitely better than the slop that the miners were getting in the cafeteria, for sure. Anyway, the day seemed to be winding down. Some of the miners seemed to be staying, but it looked like Dummy was heading back home. Or, well, back to Arconis, anyway.
Old August 18, 2018, 03:12 AM   #113 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

The way to Éclair’s heart?
Almost always through good Food & Drink.
No, Anna might have caught her Interest in being ‘Teh Cute’ when seeking out warmth in the Military Encampment in the Future; but she’d quite easily won Éclair over in an infinite other ways over the Era’s.
And, as Éclair scoffed down the Cake,
With a nigh religious fervour, licking at her fingers and ensuring that not a single scrap was wasted.
Miss Applebloom’s Diet,
Could be so terribly rough at times to handle,
And the occasional ‘Cheat-Treat’ was all hat kept Éclair together some brightenings when it was all too hard,
Sure, her hips might have appreciated Miss Ilph and Miss Applebloom’s measures,
But increasingly Éclair was torn between wanting to maintain the ballerina’s physique, and well, a little padding here and there wasn’t the end of the world was it?!
Waiting, waiting,
Oh. Dummy was going?!
Uh… Kay. That for all Éclair was curious,
As to whether or not, this was all headed towards Mio’s Crimtane?
She was far more Interested in simply heading off Home!
Anna and Meli!
Waaaaaay more Important than the Dummy!
Old August 18, 2018, 03:18 AM   #114 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Much more important, yes.

Well. She did have a horse, after all. And while it was unclear what exactly Dummy was doing? It did seem to be something, and it wasn't just running away. And mining seemed related enough to any kind of ore that one could reasonably assume that the two were related?

The path home remained wide open.
Old August 18, 2018, 03:48 AM   #115 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

A WeiRd Brightening.
Of that, Éclair had no doubt,
But then, that didn’t necessarily make it a Bad Brightening,
Just one that she didn’t Understand.
And that was Kay!
Dusting herself off again,
There was a happy little hum, the beginnings of the discordant lullaby,
That had been stuck within Éclair’s head for Aeternia knew how long,
As she swung herself up into the saddle,
Already having forgotten that the Horsie belonged to another,
And that right now? Homeward bound!
Dummy was doing… Whatever,
And that was Fine. No, would’ve been far, far worse,
If he’d decided to replace the Lord Thane of Arconis a la,
What she had Thoughts towards in regards to the Governorship,
No, the Castle was Kay,
And whilst she didn’t Understand what The Dummy was, t’was doing?
There was worse things,
That Her Brother actually having to do some hard work!
Old August 18, 2018, 03:56 AM   #116 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Back home!

A little ways outside of Arconis, Éclair ran into Takh, who had been monitoring the situation from afar. So, it seemed like... everything was good? A-okay? She was leaving now, after all. Was the mummy's services no longer needed?
Old August 18, 2018, 04:38 AM   #117 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Oh, right!
Demon was a Thing!
Would forget her head next, well, if it wasn’t quite Importantly attached to her.
Not that it would have been the first time, nor certainly the last where Éclair had up and forgotten about a Summon she’d called forth when otherwise Distracted,
Aeternia,
At this point, she’d trust Rusty,
To know actually where all the Skeleton-Minions were in the Castle more than her own knowledge after stuffing them into spare rooms willy-nilly.
”All good!”
Well, still a little WeiRd, but that was, t’was to be expected,
Services Complete!
Had found what, or at least,
Where The Dummy was, t’was even if she’d not Understood,
Having to rely upon faith that he was indeed doing The Right Thing by Éclair.
Old August 18, 2018, 04:45 AM   #118 (permalink)
Foreboden!

All good?

All good!

All good.

(Cerys made sure to return the horse later)

OOC:
+1 xp towards any relevant skill
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: