Old January 12, 2018, 11:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

Cerys mused over the answers that she'd received. Hm. This seemed like it could work.

"I believe I have everything that I need, then, although I'll make sure to let you know in case there are any complications." She'd not have the necromancer just force the Dianite to play nice, of course, what was the fun in that? Probably mostly maintenance when it came down to it, making sure that the Dianite's new body was able to hold up to the rigors the dark elf intended on inflicting upon it.

"I don't suppose there's anything, ah, you might want out of a minion?" Elaine's thaumaturgy had proven useful after all, yes? Granted, Cerys couldn't provide everything, but there were a few things here and there she might be able to accomplish.
Old January 13, 2018, 11:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Wealth Tier: Steel
Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Nose wrinkling anew at the,
Notion of Complications, well,
That too was to be somewhat expected given,
That Éclair really didn’t tend to treat Entropy Magic with any intent,
Towards it being, y’know, reliable,
But beyond the Command?
Éclair didn’t much care; the Dianite was Cerys’ plaything now,
Insofar as the Jorelite was concerned. If she had to dump the soul into another body, or repair the existing one she’d, he’d been given? Well, such was, t’was life!
”Huh? Oh, no. Not really.”
Minions were well, Minions, largely expendable,
And when Éclair doubted that even now,
The Dianite would end up in the Dollhouse? Well,
Elaine-Slave’s purpose was purely Magical in nature rather than y’know, any other attributes,
”Unless she has some talent I’ve forgotten,
Well, she’s, he's yours to do as you wish Cerys.”
Old January 13, 2018, 11:40 PM   #18 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

"I'll make sure to be thorough and let you know anything interesting I find out." Right then! This would be fun. Ever since Cerys had made her way through pretty much everybody in the dungeon, well, there hadn't really been anybody to interact with down here. Elaine was fun, but there was just something about getting to work on somebody that wasn't... done yet. And Elaine was definitely done.

There was a polite curtsy towards Éclair as thanks for her time. "I'll let you know once I'm ready for the Aslanite."
Old January 14, 2018, 01:12 AM   #19 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai Éclair Mainesthai

Swaying gently,
There was a slight bob from Éclair in return,
As she flashed another broad smile at the Dianite Girl/Boy,
It wasn’t exactly,
What she preferred when it came to Chaos,
But there was little doubt that it was Change, and so?
Hardly something that Éclair felt a need to be concerned over.
”Will do!”
Which,
Well, Free Brightening!
Given that Éclair hadn’t had any other Not-a-Plans for the day,
Content to put a little bit of distance between herself and the Dungeon before Cerys did, y’know, Cerysie things.
Which meant,
Time to do the rounds of the Castle,
And check in on the other staff such as Rusty and Miss Applebloom,
Old January 14, 2018, 03:19 AM   #20 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Doing the rounds! Miss Applebloom was closest by and, well, it was kind of easier to know where she was. Kitchens! Whereas the janitor really could be anywhere, you know?

Speaking of kitchens...

...somebody had delivered a giant chocolate bar. Giant as in, as long as your forearm giant. And Miss Applebloom wasn't quite sure what to do with it. Except hand it over to Éclair the moment the Jorelite appeared because, well, apparently it was supposed to be for her.

Milk chocolate this time. Proper.
Old January 14, 2018, 06:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Inevitably,
Éclair found her way down to the kitchens,
That for all Castle Temperances’ size? It always seemed,
That she spent the great majority of her time upon the top floor that Anna, Melissa and Herself had claimed, or the Kitchens,
Dungeon? Cerys Territory,
Guarding Guards on the second floor? Iorwerth and now the Dummy,
The Laboratory upon the third floor? Technically Hers, but largely abandoned of late,
And the Throne Room at the fouth? Well, there was little purpose to it beyond the Open Courts,
Oh, and the first floor but well, that was for y’know,
The Life of the Castle, which Éclair deemed very much Miss Applebloom’s domain,
Only, only,
Chokkit!
And not the rubbish dark Chokkit either!
Good Chokkit!
And lots of it at that,
As Éclair eyed the massive block,
Swaying gently, ever aware of just how dangerous such could be,
Once one gave in to temptation,
”I think, uh…” Éclair started,
Biting down upon her bottom lip, “I think…
“Might be best, to uh hold on to this Miss…” she continued,
Really, really,
Not looking all that certain,
About the traitorous words coming out of her cherry red lips,
“At least, until umm… well. Make sure Anna and Miss Ilph know, I gave them a Promise…dessert tonight perhaps?”
Old January 14, 2018, 07:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Miss Applebloom didn't really understand what was going on. Maybe she had a bit of an idea. Hmm.

Well, there was a simple enough resolution to this, certainly. She just broke off a piece of the giant chocolate bar and handed that over to Éclair instead. Nothing wrong with a bit of temperance and moderation, right? Less forearm, more... finger. That was manageable, surely!
Old January 15, 2018, 01:59 AM   #23 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Chokkit!
Compromise!
It wasn’t, y’know,
What Éclair really, well and truely wanted,
But it at least,
Well, it at least ensured that,
She could have a taste of Niobi’s art in the meantime,
Whilst giving Her Love and Instructor at least an opportunity to curtail some of the Jorelite’s predilections,
”So… all is well, with you?” Éclair queried,
Habitually claiming the usual stool to sit upon near the hearth,
As she nibbled upon the Chokkit,
Old January 15, 2018, 02:36 AM   #24 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Oh.

Oh this was good. This was excellent chocolate. It melted just right and was full of sweet flavor, all buttery and chocolatey and-

"Keeping busy as usual," Applebloom said with a grin, wondering how exactly she was going to store the rest of this. Hm, she could probably find somewhere at a good temperature, didn't want it frozen solid but obviously didn't want it to melt, either. Although Niobi seemed to have treated this chocolate somehow, it didn't seem to melt as easy.

"No troubles with the food, I hope?"
Old January 15, 2018, 03:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Dark eyes widening,
As Éclair looked between Miss Applebloom and the Chokkit,
Realisation dawning that while she was going to come to regret leaving behind so much of the delicacy?
T’was almost certainly,
Nigh positively, for the Greater Good.
Well.
Maybe.
”Never, as scrumptious as ever!”
Chokkit already devoured, Éclair licking at her fingers,
As really, putting sweets of any kind near her was just asking for a swift Disappearing Act,
Old January 15, 2018, 05:23 PM   #26 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The lingering taste was but a shadow of the glory of the actual thing, and yet mesmerizing all the same.

"Good to know! Please let me know if I ever send anything that's not to your taste or if you have any sort of request for your meals." Granted, Applebloom would need to have the ingredients on hand if there was to be a request, obviously. Couldn't cook something you didn't have!
Old January 15, 2018, 06:51 PM   #27 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Yummy aftertaste!
And the knowledge that,
There was plenty more of the Chokkit,
Even if it had to be left on Standby for Future Desserts,
”Umm…” shrugging her shoulders slightly,
That the idea of being able to be a little more selective with what she ate,
Was quite novel. Sure, there were foods that Éclair didn’t much like, but that’d never stopped her from consuming regardless when hungry enough,
”I like white meat a lot more than not?”
A side effect there at least that admittedly had more to do with Anna’s penchant for fishing,
“Sweet & Savoury,
Over Sour & Spicy?” But other than that?
Éclair just shrugged again, that when push came to shove?
She’d ultimately eat whatever was put in front of her until she wasn’t hungry anymore,
And whatever was neglected till the very end,
Was what she could happily live without;
”And nothing you need from me?”
Old January 15, 2018, 09:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Foreboden!

White meats, sweetness, savory. The cook would make of that what she would. It wasn't as if sour really popped up that often, and spicy? That was something that just varied from person to person, and it tended to be safer to try and leave it out where possible. Simple enough, she could work with it.

Anything that the cook needed from Éclair, though? Well, actually, maybe there was!

"I'm running low on one of my spices, and my usual supplier seems to have been having some trouble lately. Would you perhaps mind looking into that ad assisting them? I don't think there's anything about that I can do, unfortunately."
Old January 17, 2018, 05:30 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mister Jorel's Girl

Head tilting to the side,
That one drew a wary look from Éclair,
Given the fuss they’d gone to last time for the Jeim’s Spice,
”This… isn’t the one,
That got lost in the Great Mountains last time was it?”
Éclair just had to ask, unable to hide the suspicion there in her voice,
Or, rather,
She just didn’t have it in her for deception of that nature,
“Because he was pretty dumb,
And I’m sure we could find someone better than that?
Less stupid anyway…” she added with a rolling of her eyes,
Old January 17, 2018, 04:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"No, no, not that one." Based on the face that Applebloom was making, she remembered rather clearly who exactly Éclair was talking about, and wasn't much a fan, either. With any luck, she'd since cut him out of the supply chain.

"This one, she's always been reliable. Trustworthy. And I believe whatever's going on is firmly out of her control." Not just a problem of her own making.
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: