Old June 5, 2018, 12:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Daffydd wasn’t sure what the elf just called him in his own tongue, but the intonation held within the words sort of gave him the idea that it wasn’t a nice thing, whatever it was, Daffydd didn’t react to it as he had most probably had been called much worse in his time, and would surely be again, in the future
oocSorry accidentally hit post button before finishing.

Daffydd looked down at the young one in his grasp. ”Off with you then boy. Just be more careful on who you choose as a mark, others would not be so lenient. . Released the young one could go where he needed.

So that just left the situation that was now between the two of them. Daffydd looked around him, as he hadn’t taken stock of the surroundings. There were bound to be ways he could look to escape if it came down to it, including using some of his own arcane spells, but as things were, he didn’t see the need to ‘power up’ a load of mana just yet.

”There. Happy? “

Daffydd wasn’t usually this flippant, but he distrusted anything Male, and this elf’s attitude was sort of setting him into the way he was feeling about the whole situation. If all was sorted and nothing else was happening he would look to make his way, but in a city like this, who knew what was going to happen next oocOnly the mod.... :-)

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please

Last edited by Icefyre; June 5, 2018 at 01:12 AM. Reason: Sorry posted too soon hadn’t finished the posting.
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 6, 2018, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

The boy skulked off. For a moment, it seemed like that'd be it. Obviously he was quite down about this entire experience. Nobody liked getting caught, after all, and even though he'd managed to escape with his skin, the resentment lingered.

Just as he was about to turn a corner some ways off, though, he visibly perked up. He seemed to be waving at somebody. Yelling something. Oh, now he was pointing at Calanon and Daffydd. "They're just over there!" he could be heard shouting in the distance, the only audible part of what he'd been saying.

This was probably good, right?
Old June 9, 2018, 12:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Wealth Tier: Steel
Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

The elf watched the younger pick pocket begin to move off and his attention slide sideways to the somewhat belligerent Happy Now from the callow youth who had thought to rob him. His gaze narrowed.

“ Happy? No. I would be happier not to have had to divert from my brightening at all. But as it is, your attempt at thievery put paid to that. So do not make it sound as if you are the one who has been put out by this”

He looked the human over, wondering how many eras the lad had under his belt. He was a little fellow and had the slightly hunted look of one who was used to being pursued. Not surprising, Calanon thought grimly If he spent his days robbing people. Idly, he pondered handing the lad over to the guards, but it was a fleeting thought, dismissed when Cal considered that anything that involved the potential of running into those same guards that had taken he, Adyn and Ian into custody, was probably best left alone.

Still, he wasn't about to turn his back to the one who had just tried,and in part succeeded in stealing from him. He would let him leave first.

Or at least would have done, had a raised voice from the end of the alleyway not had him look up, only to see the newly dismissed street rat shouting and gesturing toward where Calanon stood with his would be robber. The elf frowned, not entirely sure if it were cause for concern or not, keeping half an eye on the youth next to him.

“ Oh, fancy that. it appears your colleague is not too happy either” he observed wryly, with a small scoff. “Perhaps he might have benefited from some of your education after all”.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11, 2018, 03:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Champion

Daffydd watched as the youth went on his way. The elf he had been able to aquire the tin from gave his little speech that was a little dramatic for Daffydd’s taste, but had a certain point to it.

Daffydd was going to reply to the elf when Daffydd heard the shout just the same as the elf did. Daffydd missed some of the words as they were shouted at someone facing away from the alley, but the next statement certainly made the necromancer take a more defensive stance. ’They’re just over there’ and pointing directly at the pair of them. Daffydd listened and smiled wryly back at the elf before answering.

” I would now agree with your words, for It would appear we may have been more than one type of mark this brightening. I have a few things up my sleeve to deal with ones or twos, not sure what you might have in terms of offensive moves, but the smartest move may be to find a way out of this alley.

Daffydd looked around to see what was available in terms of another exit route as it certainly seemed as if they would not be able to leave by the way that they had entered this place. If there was no immediately obvious route Daffydd would look around to see if there were any usable carcasses he could reanimate to aid their predicament. Other than this he would draw his dagger and prepare for what ever else he could throw as a spell the attackers way.

One spell he was working on was to be able to use a journeyman’s level entropic orb spell but convert the spell to lots of droplets that could be thrown at attackers and would fall like rain upon them, burning with intense pain any exposed flesh, and burning any clothing. This would be the first full attempt at this so if worst came to the worst, then his first attempt at his ‘Acid Rain’ spell would be brought forth to see if it would work on these would be attackers.

Old June 11, 2018, 10:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

It looked to be a group of armed thugs! Wonderful. At the very least one of them gave the kid a nice smack on the head because let's be honest, he was a bit of a brat. Plus, if he'd done his job properly, this wouldn't be necessary anyway. Heck, it wasn't even really necessary now. But some people just used whatever excuse they could to get into a fight. About five of them from the look of things?

There were plenty of places to run. Down the alley. Side alleys. Side streets. This place was like a maze. Of course, if they didn't know where they were going, Calanon and Daffydd could get lost themselves. Wind up in a dead end. But there were plenty of places to go that weren't where they were, certainly.
Old June 14, 2018, 03:23 PM   #21 (permalink)
Champion

Daffydd looked at the options open to him. Depending on what this elf decided to do Daffydd could either stand and fight, or look to exit from the upcoming trouble as quickly as possible. If the elf was already thinking the same thing then they could look to exit this area by heading further into the alley. Daffydd had not traversed this area of this city so he had no way of knowing where they were headed.

”Ummmm, I suppose you don’t know this area at all do you? I’m all for heading down this alley and then trying to figure out what to do. If you have other ideas then I’m open to options. Two against five is certainly good odds if you want to go for it. What do you think?”

Daffydd was ready to either run, or get his mana ready. Even though the Elf seemed to be especially ‘elvish’, he didn’t want to just leave him by himself that would have been bad form, and Daffydd, even though having trust issues with the males of the species, did have some standards he tried to live to. Depending on this elf’s actions he would follow.

Old June 15, 2018, 06:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Calanon was beginning to revise his opinion of the City of Queens.For how much ill fortune did one have to have to deal with not one, but two thieves in as many minutes, and then find oneself as the target of some gang of hoodlums looking for a fight.It was tempting as well to offer them one, but the elf did not know what skills the gang possessed, nor did he want to risk losing the bounty from his first foray into mercenary work during some shakedown if he were bested by the group.

And he could have simply used his magic to whisk him out of the situation, but for the annoying fact that his anchor was still set in Jaedaxia, and he had no reason to want to end up back there. Which meant that the boy's suggestion that they make a break for it was annoyingly the most sensible option.

"I do not" he admitted his ignorance of their locale, whilst already half turning in the direction the youth had indicated. " But yes, perhaps lets try this way, given that they do not appear too friendly."

And so, instead of running after the thief, as he had been not long before, Calanon found himself moving off alongside the diminutive figure.
CIR
Secrets
Old June 18, 2018, 01:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Running!

Alleyway. It seemed like it wasn't too busy, so there weren't too many people who could get in the way of Daffydd or Calanon. On the flip side, that meant there were also no people to get in the way of their pursuers. They seemed to know the layout of this place a bit better, as before long two of them ducked down a side alley on the right to go... who knows where, leaving three continuing to chase the pair.

Fork ahead. Left, center, right. Which way to go? They all looked like the same, dingy alleyway.
Old June 19, 2018, 04:58 PM   #24 (permalink)
Champion

Daffydd looked back to see that two of their current legion of fans had broken off and headed...? The likelihood was they were heading to head off the escape route that Daffydd and this elf now tried to find. There was a chance that if the two had gone right then maybe it would be best to look to head further away from them by heading left at the next available turning.

As luck, or fate would have it the next intersection of alleys had three exits, one being left. Daffydd without doing too much other thinking of what could happen made a move to head left. If the elf followed all was fine, if not Daffydd didn’t want to be left heading, who-knew-where without assistance so he would look to keep the route the elf took, as two against three, or five, were always better odds.

Old June 20, 2018, 11:42 AM   #25 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

The elf slid a glance toward the youth who moved beside him, thinking it strange that he had become some companion in the face of a new threat as opposed to the annoyance he had been before. Perhaps an annoying companion then. And as they fled from the thugs that followed, Calanon half wondered if he shouldn’t just splinter off and take his chances by himself. But the fact that the human had not , and the simple maths that meant the elf could appreciate the better odds they had between them meant he did not act on the thought, but rather kept pace with the slight figure.

When the lad made a veer to the left as the pair came to a splintering of paths, the elf followed suit, though he had not seen the turn their pursuers had made, he assumed the pickpocket must have some knowledge that had steered his course. Port Alyandrya was still mostly unknown to him, and he would just as easily lead them into trouble as away from it, so for now at least, he stayed with the human.
CIR
Secrets
Old June 20, 2018, 10:45 PM   #26 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Left? Left.

The two comrades - because what else could they be at this point, considering Calanon could probably just teleport out by himself at any point, so they had to be friends now right? - actually he could even probably just teleport the both of them out - continued their flight. Left! Down an alleyway full of not so good smells. There was pretty much nobody down this way, it seemed. Probably because of the fact that it didn't smell so good.

"Hey!" somebody hissed in a grungy, raspy manner, right after they rounded a corner. If they decided to stop it would take a while to find the source - a nearby grate, quite large, bars just wide enough apart for somebody to squeeze through. Of course, it was also leaking sewage and it probably smelled a lot worse in there.

"That way's a dead end. You wanna run, you take the sewers." Could mysterious benefactor voice from the sewers be trusted? At the moment, it seemed to both Daffydd and Calanon like the alley kept on going. But who knew where it led? It turned at a point a little further on, so it was impossible to tell.
Old June 25, 2018, 05:06 AM   #27 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Now, it was one thing to put a measure of trust in someone who had just tried to rob you, but another entirely to start heeding suspicious voices that floated up from behind a sewer grate. The elf slowed, turned his head towards the voice and tried not to gag at the foul stench that had been growing in intensity as they traversed this particular alleyway.

A dead end? There was nothing immediately visible to confirm such a claim, and for Calanon, the motivation to climb into a sewer was going to need to be a lot more compelling than some disembodied voice. What trustworthy person hangs out in a sewer anyway? He would rather take his chances with their pursuers if it came down to it.

With a glance over his shoulder to see if they were yet in sight, the elf turned back to the youth. “ I say we go on. Things are not so desperate yet that the sewers appeal”

He did after all, have some magic at his disposal that could aid them if the need became great. And so, regardless of what the human chose to do, Calanon continued onwards down the alleyway.
CIR
Secrets
Old June 28, 2018, 04:49 PM   #28 (permalink)
Champion

Daffydd wasn’t far behind and heard the voice compellingly stating that the alleyway would end in the worst possible outcome for the pair, and that was going to be a dead end. Daffydd had been brought up in the city of Prime and was no stranger to the sights, sounds, and smells associated with the seedier side of city life. He wasn’t so enamoured by the idea of heading into an area smelling as bad as this though, and as the elf had already made up his mind, Daffydd passed the sewage tunnel entrance and continued to follow the elf as they made their way further along the alley.

Daffydd kept his eyes, and ears open for any sounds of others that might be approaching from other directions, but other than this he followed on hoping that his sense of direction didn’t elude him now, for if this did go pear shaped, he wanted to be able to find a way out.

Old June 28, 2018, 10:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Foreboden!

They ran into a dead end.

It was a sloped alleyway, and it looked like the buildings surrounding the alleyway through their waste out the windows, where it gently oozed and flowed down towards the sewers. Ostensibly. It seemed like a fair portion of it just got stuck in transit. Not a very nice place.

The buildings themselves were rather poor tenement buildings, from the look of it. The shortest seemed to be about three stories tall, and while they were scalable, they obviously weren't designed for such things. It would be tough going.
Old July 3, 2018, 09:44 AM   #30 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Feth was the singular thought that sprang to mind as the elf skidded to a halt. Apparently, sewer voices weretrustworthy, at least in some things. Who would have thought it? For as far as end’s go, this one did seem to be pretty dead, and as Calanon’s gaze scanned upwards, he wasn’t entirely sure of the escape opportunities available to them.

Well then.

He spun once again to try and see if their pursuers were close behind, or if they had a few moments to try and find a way out of this. A quick look towards his human counterpart and Calanon began to look for hand or foot holds that might allow them to climb up and out of the alleyway. Or he could just wait for their followers to catch up and then teleport past them and hope they would be slow enough to react that he could get away. Or….there was always the sewers. The elf looked pained at the thought.

“You said you could deal with one or two?” the words were thrown back over his shoulder as he continued to scan for other escape routes. “ How?” It seemed more likely that they might need to call on those skills after all. There was a dismayed glance towards his feet and then elf sprung backwards away from a...questionable puddle on the ground.

“Unless you would rather the sewers?”
CIR
Secrets

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: