Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old April 4, 2018, 04:41 PM   #46 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Wealth Tier: Steel
Kailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious Superhero

Calanon's words of reassurance were welcome, but she wished Ian had simply kept her lover's misguided attempt at offering a consolation to himself. The kiss had been little enough, when viewed as happening - as it had - between two strangers. And while she'd thought of it from time to time, it had not much bothered her (not after that first brightening anyway) in the interim. But now that she had Calanon's words in her head, she wondered whether she would find herself watching them for signs of interest, regardless of the assurances the elf had just made.

Still, she gave a nod of understanding, holding his gaze for long enough to read the evident sincerity with which he spoke, before the conversation moved past the rather uncomfortable topic.

Calanon's answer quite predictably spurred more curiosity on Kailin's part, but she clamped her teeth around questions of what kinds of formalities were part and parcel of upper class Sylrosian society's mating rituals. In her mind, they were complex and lengthy, overly ornate... but that was mere flight of fancy and based on no real knowledge. Since he hadn't offered anything in the way of specifics, she figured now was not the time to pry about his early love life.

The perks of being the younger comment made her laugh again, though, and she rolled her eyes expressively. "Yes... the things we eldest do for our younger siblings. Sacrifices made and whatnot." And though her words were filled with humor, it was not untrue. Lydia had been able to marry with little fanfare, whilst the negotiations between her parents and Orrian's had been long and detailed. Or, at least, they had seemed so at sixteen years of age. Gods, how young she'd been.

Not to mention the fact that she and Ian bore the brunt of the work for the family's business. Sireen helped a fair amount, and had a good head for numbers that came in handy. But at the end of the day, the responsibility lay at her own feet, with Ian catching whatever spilled over.

All of which worried her, when it came to her beloved. She was busy, often until late in the brightening, and couldn't help wondering how Calanon would fare long term here in Port Alyxandrya, without something other than herself to keep him engaged and entertained. And that was before taking into account everything they had just discussed.

The rest of whatever mirth had infused her expression drained away as she considered his final question, though her hold on his hand did not lessen in the slightest, and her gaze fell solidly against his. "I would be lying if I said that I wasn't worried about her. Your vampire. Or the drugs. And I worry that you will get bored, since I have so many responsibilities here." For there was no question that her life here was nothing like what it had been in Jaedaxia.

Again, her fingers laced more tightly with his, and her expression softened into earnestness, "but I love you, Calanon. And so long as we are able to be honest with one another, I think we will be happy. Whatever troubles arise, surely we can face them together, from now on?"

Kailin Alyxanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 5, 2018, 04:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

Calanon could not be certain that his assurances had completely smothered Kailin’s worry, but it was not an easy subject to talk about, and so he let it drop, hoping against hope that they would have no further cause to discuss it. There was a brief grimace as he realised he would still have to apologise to her brother, and he wondered then if he dared try and address the man’s comments of earlier. But with what? There was nothing he could do to change his past.. It drew a sigh from him, and that churning feeling of unease and upset that had seen him light up returned once again.

Kailin’s query then was a welcome distraction and he smiled in spite of himself, forgetting that she held the mantle of ‘eldest sibling’ where he had not. It seemed a shame then, to turn the conversation towards seriousness again, but he had to know. And watching the humour slip from her face, Calanon held his breath, wondering if it was too much, too soon after they had come back together.

Her answer, when it came, did not soothe him, and his gaze dropped to where her fingers wrapped around his own, face drawn and still. She was worried. And he could not say it did not worry him,too, when he was brave enough to let his thoughts linger. Bored though?At that comment, he frowned, looked back to her face and opened his mouth to protest. “I am quite capable of amusing myself you know” he said, sounding only the tiniest bit petulant. “ I am not bored”. But though he argued, he could see her point. Even with imbueing as he did, he found himself at a loose end more often than not, and it was a stark reminder that he was still a little rudderless outside of their relationship. And that wasn’t fair to the woman next to him. She shouldn’t be concerned with whether or not he was bored.

And yet, even after all that their brightening had thrown at them, Calanon watched as Kailin’s expression softened, felt her fingers squeeze his own, and with her words, the tension that had been riding him faded slowly into nothing.

“ Together then” he agreed, lifting their joined hands to kiss the back of hers. And then he leaned over to kiss her properly, wanting to lay to rest the ghosts that had risen between them. This, her, still seemed like something he had to hold on to with all his might, because truly, he did not know if he deserved her love. But he could not consider giving it up now, so he counted his blessings and hoped only that he could do a fair enough job of conveying to the woman before him all that she come to mean him. And it was that thought that had him break off suddenly from their embrace, remembering suddenly his own offering that he had thought to make their time together a little sweeter.

For a moment, Calanon hesitated, wondering if it were still the right time, or if he should delay. But then he decided that perhaps it might go someway to get them back on track to what this brightening should have been, and he got to his feet, bidding his love to stay where she was.

“Feitha sinome...I have something for you…” And then he was gone, disappeared into the bedroom to retrieve the small velvet bag from where he’d stashed it earlier. Nervous again, Calanon closed his fist around it and made his way back to Kailin. Unsure exactly how to present her with it, he perched on the edge of the seat next to her and swallowed, too conscious of not making it more than it was, but equally aware of how much of himself he’d invested in this gift, and how it would feel if she didn’t like it.

“I’ve been waiting to give it to you” he started with a slight shake of his head. “I’d thought today might be perfect but...well...anyway, I want you to have it.”

He’d reached for one of her hands whilst he spoke and now pressed the bag into it, wrapping her fingers around it before he let go, and sat back, looking both slightly unsure and hopeful at the same time.

Kailin would open her palm to find a dark blue midnight velvet pouch, drawn closed with a ribbon. If she chose to open it, then the fruits of the elf’s efforts would be revealed : a bracelet of green gem stones, set in silver. The stones themselves were pale in hue, shot through with tawny threads, an echo of the eyes of the woman who looked upon them.

Calanon looked on anxiously, watching the woman for her reaction, almost bursting with the desire to tell what she couldn’t see.
charybdis >> grim :And crying.
Hoskuld & Walt :...and it was a weird time.
CIR
Secrets

Last edited by Calanon; July 23, 2018 at 09:56 AM.
Calanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5, 2018, 02:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Kailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious SuperheroKailin Alyxanda is a glorious Superhero

Surprise flickered over the human's features as Calanon bid her wait for him, but there was pleasure there in the curl of her lips, and an ease in the way that she leaned back into the couch comfortably, gaze trailing him as he left the room. It occurred to her that she could almost thank her brother, now, for having stirred up some issues that had clearly been lying not far beneath the surface.

Not that she had any misconceptions about this one conversation taking care of all of her worries, but it was a relief to have them out in the open, and to know of what had been troubling Calanon, too. A slight flush at that, for it was most certainly her fault that Ian had gotten so confused and concerned. But there would be time for that later.

Her attention had wandered across the room with her thoughts, so that her head swiveled again as he reappeared, and she shifted into his weight slightly when he settled next to her on the couch, interest caught as he fumbled through an explanation. Somewhat wry amusement tugged at the corner of her mouth as she smiled at him, commiseration about how unexpectedly this brightening had gone for both them obvious in her expression.

But then he'd taken her hand and laid a beautifully soft pouch in it, and she glanced from the small package up to him, the amusement in her eyes softening to tenderness at the uncertain hopefulness she saw in him now. "What is this, melamin?" She sat forward, gently pulling to loosen the strings and then turning the pouch upside down so that the contents spilled into her upturned palm.

"Ooooh..." the sound was a sigh of appreciation as she set the pouch down next to her and took the bracelet up to spin it so that the light of the candles danced through the stones. "Calanon, this is beautiful." A flicker of a glance in his direction, before she looked back at the odd coloring of the gems, the similarity to her own strange eye coloring not lost on her.

"I've never seen anything like this. Wherever did you find them?" And now she spun more fully toward him, reaching down to pull the hem of the robe she wore up so that she could rest a knee on his closest thigh. The bracelet and her wrist were then extended toward him, eyes flashing every bit as brightly as the gems in their housing as she - grinning broadly - demanded that he, "help me put it on?"

Last edited by Kailin Alyxanda; December 10, 2018 at 03:00 PM.
Old August 6, 2018, 04:35 PM   #49 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious SuperheroCalanon is a glorious Superhero

There was an unbearable delay, or at least it seemed to the elf, between him handing over the little velvet bag and Kailin actually opening it, letting the bracelet fall out into her palm. And as it did, Calanon had a sudden moment of doubt. It was not diamonds after all, nor rubies, nor emeralds. Nor any of the finer jewels he might have imagined himself bestowing upon his love before…

Before everything had changed.

And the Sylrosian found himself feeling like he wanted to apologise to the woman before him for that, until he realised that without those very changes, the chances of them ever having met, let alone being together as they were, were slim to non-existent. And so he swallowed the words down, choosing instead a tentative smile at the pleased noise his beloved made as the she raised the string of stones so the candlelight bled through the pale green, illuminated those veins of orange.

“It’s a token” he ventured quietly, answering her earlier question.” I just wanted to give you something. Because you have given me so much” And it was true, for he had been numb and cold, and she had brought warmth back where there had been none. Sometimes it had burned, and it still terrified him now and then, how she had wound in and around his heart almost without him realising it. But he was caught now, as a moth by a flame.

Calanon lifted a hand, tracing a finger over the stones as they spun lightly in Kailin’s grasp, thinking on how the old jeweler had grilled him so fiercely over the colour of his lady’s eyes, smiling a little at the thought. “ Aah. That I cannot take all the credit for. You know the old jeweller I have been buying the rings from? He made it. And he was most adamant that I was clear on the exact shade of your eyes.”

The elf looked up to find them then, and at Kailin’s wide smile, the nerves and worry of it being not quite good enough melted away, and he could do nothing but mirror her expression and defer to the request that followed. Carefully, he wrapped the strand of stones around her wrist and -with only a little difficulty for it was so fine and delicate- fastened the clasp.

“You like it?” He couldn’t help but ask, letting his fingers skim down over her hand to entangle with her own.And then because he had already waited so long, and patience was not a virtue he had cultivated even over his long eras, he spilled the rest of it secrets.

“There is magic here too” Calanon went on, turning her hand over so the silver set stones slid around too. “ A summoning spell. That part at least I can claim all as my own”
CIR
Secrets
Old November 13, 2018, 07:40 PM   #50 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Kailin could not help looking askance at Calanon when he mentioned his jeweler friend, one brow slanting with easily-read amusement. "Most adamant, hmm? I can only imagine, from what you've told me of the old badger."

"But in this..." she watched as he fastened it carefully, "he did right to be so picky. It's perfect, Calanon."

As her fingers twined with his, she lifted her gaze to his face, ready to tell him how much she loved it, but stopped short when she saw that there was more. And when he had explained exactly what that was, she looked back down to the bracelet with a new appreciation for what he'd just given her.

Running the stones between her thumb and forefinger, it was easy to imagine that the heart of orange was her lover's magic contained in the gems' depths, just waiting for release. And she could feel the temptation to unlock it already, the snake of it twisting her lips into a sly smile as she brought her attention back up to the far brighter emeralds apparently watching for her response.

"You gift me with sorcery, a'maelamin," it was an easy twist of her torso that brought her leg across his so that she was facing him, hips settling back onto his knees as her fingers found their way together behind his neck, "I would say it is too much, but I'm not giving it back."

"Diolla lle, Calanon. I know it costs you, to make such a thing." Not to mention that in making it, he would necessarily have lost out on income he likely needed. Shifting closer, she leaned down to show him her thanks in the way she best knew how, aware of the new weight that tugged at her wrist, and of the cool stones that were just beginning to warm with her body heat.

Eventually she pulled back, settling her forehead against his. "I'm going to kill Ian for almost ruining this..." a contented sigh, the fingers of one hand finding their way absently into the hair at the nape of his neck. "So how does it work?"

Old November 16, 2018, 03:54 PM   #51 (permalink)
Manslut McBabymaker

Calanon’s smile would not fade now, in fact., it grew wider still as Kailin shifted to straddle his thighs.

“Yes” he said, letting his own hands come to rest at the dip either side of her waist. “....but you are wrong. There is no such thing as too much, for you”

He met the kiss eagerly, glad to let it chase away what heaviness lingered after their..diverted afternoon, happy that his gift had been so well received. All the hours, all of that nonsense with the cat, the disagreeable jeweller. It was all worth it. He fancied he might be happy to adorn his lover with every sorcery spell he knew if it yielded such sweet thankyous.

When Kailin pulled back, his happiness flickered only a moment when she mentioned her brother again, but it was fleeting, for she drew his attention back to his gift, and he was eager to explain it to her.

“ Well as I said, it contains a summon spell. Three of them to be precise.” He stole three kisses as if to emphasise his point. “So if you can see something...or perhaps if you know it exceedingly well, you can use the spell to call it to you when needed. I have only ever used it when i know things are reasonably nearby….”

He meant to practice it with it more. It would not do to accidentally summon something that would flatten him, or that he could not catch. Oh, that was a point. “It will come to your hand” he added. “So do not summon something that you cannot hold. And it is protected by a password, for you release the spell.”

Calanon paused,the smile that he offered almost shy then as he looked between pale green eyes threaded with gold. “You enchant me”

He let the words hang a moment, before he squeezed her playfully. “Only, in elvish. And “ a finger was pressed against her lips in case she wanted to try it out “ do NOT speak it now. Only when needed”
CIR
Secrets
Old December 11, 2018, 03:59 AM   #52 (permalink)
So Wholesome

Kailin smiled against the finger held to her lips, then lifted a hand to capture his, pressing a kiss to the tip of the one placed so conveniently before spreading each long digit so she could drop a second kiss to the center of his palm. Her breath was warm as she turned, nuzzling her cheek into the curl of his hand, pale green gaze soft and full of love as it found his.

"You enchant me, melamin," she murmured, and he knew the look she gave him then. He had seen it before... kindled to life by the warmth of firelight in an inn in Jaedaxia, then brought back from embers in Daltina. At each turn, they had both given more of themselves than either had expected.

And now this gift... there was something shockingly intimate in carrying a piece of someone else's magic. Spells that the elf before her had crafted, had sealed into these stones with words that she could not speak, but for the need of a power that was his.

"Diolla lle, Calanon..." she curled toward him, then, finding it easier to seal what little space had remained between them - both physically and emotionally - than she might have guessed a candlemark earlier. It had not been the romantic interlude they had planned for, but this conversation had been a stitch that needed pulling. Uncomfortable in the moment, Kailin could already feel the healing that could finally proceed unencumbered in its absence.

"Amin mela lle," the words were spoken against his lips as she finally bridged the gap completely, letting everything but him fall to the periphery.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: