Old July 10, 2017, 11:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Cherjaine is a benevolent Adventurer

[Port Alyx] Finding the Perfect Mount

Mid Imperos Era XXIV

As a faerie living in the world of long-legs and ugly-legs, Lady found many problems that she had never considered before. When she was still an adventurer with the Guardians, everything she used and made was for her size. Living in Port Alyx, her items tended to the size of very small. Her potions were as strong as those creator by long-leg alchemist, she only need half of the potion to give her the full result. It was her other things. Long-legs had told her all her products were only good for one use.

She had another problem surfacing. Flying from one place to another in a city like Port Alyx was tiring. A long-leg needed only 1 candlemark, she needed 1.5 candlemarks and that was when she traveled without too much things on her. She was trying to furnish her place and she to buy anything, she had to take many trips just to get something a long-leg took one trip.

While in Guardian, They had a pixie who owned a carriage pulled by 5 ducks. The carriage was large enough to carry all 12 of them, including all their equipments. There was also this gnome who traveled on the back of a Doberman. She could do those. Learn how to travel on a large bird or a dog and next time, harness a sled or a carriage to these animals.

Lady liked the idea and flew around the town, looking for any one who knew how to do such a thing or a shop that sold such things. A large bird dragging a sled would be nice.
Old July 20, 2017, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

The city had many stores. There were some that looked more reputable than others, some with proprietors that looked out of place, some looking to make the odd shady deal. It was a usual city.

The brightening wore on. The suns traversed the sky and Lady had not found what she wanted. Some store keepers may have had something that would have suited her needs but the costs were to extortionate for the coin that she had. Even if she sold all she had.

Passing one store, not too shabby, with the store owner, and another in the doorway, there was a discussion going on...

"... you sure this guys legit? Seems like he's asking for a feth of a lot of coin for these."

"I've used him before. Made a good deal. These birds trade well, they are different so you'll be able to make a profit. He hasn't let me down yet."

"Well he better not let us down as I've been asking and there are a few potential buyers. I'm hoping to make a big gain for these things."

"Relax Friend, I know him. He is due in tomorrow by the main gate, he'll be here shortly after the tenth candlemark. If I know him he's camped up outside the city for the rest of this brightening to ensure he makes things safe and that. He'll be here don't worry. I'l be back next brightening around the ninth. We can meet him together

"Ok, but I'll have my bird, that will be my attraction for the store for a few brightenings to come... it will be worth it. See you on the ninth mark."

Perhaps it was good fortune, or just fate, but this sounded like a chance for a investigation to see what the store holders were talking about. The fairy could wait until the next brightening, just like the store holders, or perhaps check to see if she could find this 'trader' outside the city?

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20, 2017, 06:04 AM   #3 (permalink)
Luminary

Lady overheard a discussion. As a faerie, she always hear things people would keep silent about. No one really noticed her.

They were talking about a trader with a bird camped outside the city. Could she be so fortunate, the trader outside was selling birds that could be used as a mount? She should seek out this trader first. She knew the law of trading. The price doubles when hands are changed. It didn’t sound right to Lady, but she understood what it meant.

Lady flew off, the the outer city, hoping to find this bird trader they were talking about.
Old July 21, 2017, 02:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Champion

Past the city gates, about three candlemarks flying time, the trader had set up camp. He didn't look to be that reputable. He was busy. The cart was open there were crates of animals and birds inside. The thing was some had perished. The trader was busy alright. He was busy sorting out the ones that didn't make it on this journey. If lady was to fly around undetected she would see that the trader had, just a few 10s of feet away from the camp, dug a hole in the ground. In this hole already were the bodies of a number of animals, and birds. This didn't look good.

The cart, which wasn't very well constructed, still had many cages that were on top of each other that were still to be 'inspected' by the trader. The trader, dressed in some non descript brown coloured shirt, and trousers, rubbed the back of his hand across his forehead, wiping away the heads of sweat that were forming. Some of the crates that contained the animals were quite heaven, and the animals moving inside them didn't make the job of moving them any easier. He was busy, and distracted. He would not notice if a certain fairy wanted to check out what was being carried, as long as she was discrete about her movements.

If lady was to check, there were a number of small cages, containing brightly coloured finches, one small cave had a couple of pied coloured canaries, there were bigger cages further away, two of these contained nasty birds that would have taken a fairy as a snack, before their dinner. A large owl was one of them, the other an eagle. Both of these birds would immediately see, and monitor the lady as she was moving around. Perhaps it would be best to avoid these two. There were a couple more cages, but sadly the occupant of the first lay dead on the floor of the cage. The dird was very brightly coloured, but now breathed no more. The other cage had a bird in it that was not known from this city, or close to this area. If stood about a foot tall. It was completely white, and had a some larger feathers along the top of its head, down the nape, to the point where the shoulders, or wing joined the body. The beak was curved, with two black eyes. On seeing lady, the bird raised the larger feathers, showing some additional yellow colouring, but then the bird squawked.

Old July 21, 2017, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Luminary

Lady found the trader soon and she was disgusted at what she saw. The conditions of the animals were horrible.

She flew around the place, making sure to keep out of the trader’s sight. She wants to see the wares first. There was an owl and a eagle. The eagle would be a good bird for her case, but she need to train it from young and she decided it was too early to handle such a big scary bird.

There were other birds, canaries, finches and caves. There was also a white bird which squawked and most likely gave her position away. Instead of hiding, she flew higher and called the trader. “Hello. I am actually looking for a pet which I can use as a mount. You have them??”
Old July 24, 2017, 03:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Champion

The trader heard the noise from his prize. He then heard the small voice, but did not immediately realise where the voice was coming from. He looked around, then under his he cart, then by chance he looked up to see Lady in the air. He looked a bit startled at first as if he had not seen a fae before, but then a sudden gleam came to his eyes.

"Serale, to you too. You say you be looking for a mount? Nows then, what type of mount you be looking for? I may be ables to cut you a deal of sorts! So let me know and I'll have a look what's I've got"

The trader made a big show of moving certain cages around. The two birds of prey were moved toward the back on the cart, as was the cage containing the white bird. He moved forwards a cage with a single, scruffy looking canary, and another couple of cages. These contained smaller birds, sparrows and finches, a little ordinary, and maybe not very easy to train, or harness for that matter. The trader also brought forwards a couple of larger cages with land based animals. There was a large rodent in one of them, looked like a big guinea pig, and in another, was a small deer. The deer did not look well kept, but the big rodent just lay in the cage sleeping. The trader also found a smaller cage that was empty, or looked to be.

Last edited by Icefyre; July 24, 2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old July 24, 2017, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

The animals were sad looking, but it did not matter much to Lady right now.

“I am thinking of something that’s big enough to hold me and quite a bit more weight. It will be used for delivering things around the city.” Lady said. “I prefer one that could fly, but I am not too sure if birds could handle that much weight.”

She looked at the owl and shuddered. “Also, it must not try to eat me.”
Old July 26, 2017, 03:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Champion

The trader was smiling. He looked at the owl, and his eagle, both looked hungry, underfed, and would definitely look at the fae as food, infact, the eagle jumped at the cage bars, trying to get out, just to prove a point.

"So's you're looking for a bird that take yourself, and carry ya around plus some stuff you need to carry. I don't really have that, unless you want to be eaten. I mean me pride and joy, I'm not selling her for small change, she took a lot of catching she did.. The trader guestured to the large white bird. "she's still got some growing to do as well, she's a juvenile, so I'm looking to makes a lot for her. Bit of a exotic as well. Had to travel cross water to get her. Nope. Doubt you could afford her. So haven't really got a big bird for you. Why don't you comes closure and have a look at the things I got though. Perhaps we can find something for you. he seemed to want to help, but looks can be deceiving, sometimes.

Old July 27, 2017, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Luminary

Lady looked at the white bird and shook her head. “I’m fine where I am. Don’t like the looks of those birds and my reflexes may cause me to destroy your prizes. It’s good I stay here while you find something.”

If it looked like the man was up to no good or did not give her any help, she would fly back into the city to look for a pet shop or maybe even a faerie/pixie mount shop. She had heard that Aelyria Prime had those type of shop. Port Alyx would have them too.
Old July 31, 2017, 02:55 PM   #10 (permalink)
Champion

The trader's initial jovial expression changed, as if he had missed out of n an opportunity; but he continued to move things around. "Well then if you're not going to come and check yaself then Id better keep looking for you. But I don't think I could have anything else you'd be looking for. This here big guinea pig type animal might be able to help, but other than the big white bird I can't say you'd be happy with any of them. Perhaps another time me lady. Be sure to come back so you might find something that might help you"

It Looked like Lady would have to hunt around elsewhere for her mount.

Old August 1, 2017, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Luminary

Lady decided to fly back into town, actively searching for faerie owned shops or pet shops. She had heard stories of faerie a riding on corgis into battle or for domestic affairs, but that would mean she have to travel on the ground.

Flying type mount wise, Lady could not really think of any. She doubt she could handle eagles at the moment and humming birds were just too small. She needed advice on bird mounts.
Old August 2, 2017, 04:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Champion

Lady's search would take her to many a street, and tonone or two alleys where some chance of a specific shop might take her attention. After much searching, and noting certain shops that might be of use, lady could look at and maybe visiting one or two. A certain two shops stood out from the great number that were available. Down an alley that she had passed a while back now, there was a shop run by a fae. It was a little small, but if there was nothing there, then the second shop was a shop that seemed to be stocked with many pets, and animals, perhaps lady could find her mount there. There were a couple of other stores, including one run by one of the first store keepers she overheard. There were options, it would depend where the lady wanted to go.

Old August 3, 2017, 03:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

Two shops caught Lady's eyes and she decided to head to to the faerie owned shop.

She flew in and waved at the owner. "Serale! Rare to see another faerie around this parts. Your shop looks pretty empty. Do you by any chance have mounts for sales?"
Old August 3, 2017, 06:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Champion

The faerie was a male. His wings were nothing special, but still shimmered in the light of the lantern above the worktop. He flit over the desk and walked towards Lady.

"Serale to you. I am HazelFrost. I'm please to make your acquaintance.
You say you are looking for a mount. May I ask what purpose you wish to use said beast, as that would lend to the choices I could provide.

Old August 4, 2017, 08:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Luminary

"Hazelfrost! Nice to meet you. I am Lady." She introduced herself. "I have no experience in riding any beast, but I am thinking of corgi if it is landbound, although I prefer flying mounts"

"These mounts would be used to carry things, quite a lot of things. As you know, we faerie cannot carry much on our own and my work require me to carry quite a fair bit of things everyday."

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: