Go Back   Aelyria > Games > Telath > The Aelyrian Empire > District of Maeve

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old August 21, 2018, 09:02 PM   #46 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Wealth Tier: Steel
Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

Daffydd was, thankfully, saved from having to make a drastic decision - for now. The guard's brow scrunched into a very concentrated frown before he turned and slipped right through the door in question. The guard was quickly out of the newly branded thief's line of sight, leaving Daffydd to his perch in relative stillness.

That stillness only lasted a brief space of a moment before Daffydd caught a slight movement from the corner of his eye. There, crouched in a pocket of darkness several paces behind him, was the wolf man peering back at him, gesturing for silence.

The mask turned toward the door, then back toward the other thief. Evidently satisfied with the safety in which he could claim to speak, the man's voice came soft and urgent, his hand jerking toward the direction they had come.

"No helping it," he breathed, "We have to leave. And now." He took a soft step backward, but seemed to be waiting for confirmation from his companion. Perhaps with the heightened patrols out and about, he felt more reliant on Daffydd's cooperation.

Whatever the case, the ease with which he moved belied the tension in his voice. The wolf man was clearly not keen on sticking around for that much longer.
Adynirach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2, 2018, 03:36 PM   #47 (permalink)
Champion

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Icefyre is a malevolent Minion

Daffydd waited with baited breath, anticipating being found at some point, but it didn’t happen. He turned slowly to watch the guard slip away, why? Daffydd didn’t understand the reasoning in the relinquishing of the position at the doorway, but his heart was telling him this was a good thing, thumbing in his chest so loudly, he was sure that he was giving his own position away.

The appearance of the Wolf was not expected, and the way that the man behind the mask gave the signal in the direction they had come. Daffydd looked from the room doorway that was before him, and then in the direction that had been indicated. He had set off the alarm, by tripping the trap. He felt as if he had let his guide down, but he tended to agree that it would be best to get out of this current situation otherwise the increased guard presence was likely to find them both. The soft voice of the wolf suggested their next actions, but Daffydd also wondered if there was another way. The room was the place that held the object they needed to acquire, perhaps he could make the guard weak, making all motion a thing of great difficulty. He was trying to think of ways to get the guard to be taken out, without the need to leave a bloody trail, as the whole point of being a their was to not leave a trail of death. Daffydd did plan on becoming an assassin, and would certainly not have any issue with the taking of the guards life, but a thief? No it was to be avoided if possible.

Daffydd whispered, ”If there is no other way then we must leave, but if there is a way to incapacitate the guard we could still try to get the thing we came for. I leave it up to you but I could make the guard weaker than a child and we could look to then still try to get the thing we came for? If this is to risky then let’s just continue back the way we came.”. Daffydd looked back at the Door the guard had entered, and then back to the wolf. Shrugging his shoulders he waited on the man with the wolf mask to respond.

Daffydd / Shhhush!!! It's secret
Posting rate: Look Here for information on my threads and postings
I'm supposed to be the bad guy-Red Rep please
Icefyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2018, 10:18 AM   #48 (permalink)
Model Citizen

Wealth Tier: Steel
Adynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious SuperheroAdynirach is a glorious Superhero

The wolf mask shook slowly, from left to right. "Too much time is required to get past the locks within. We've lost our chances." He seemed less troubled by this than one might expect - perhaps he had learned to cut his losses if it meant spending another day as a free man.

Luckily, they were able to slip away easily enough given the freshness of the alarm. Tired or inebriated guardsmen tasked with a typically eventless patrol were not the sort to rouse to action so swiftly.

"Perhaps we'll meet again," was all the soft voice said as they reached silent streets and safe shadows. There was no time to respond beyond that, as when Dafydd turned to acknowledge the wolf, his shadow was slipping off and away. The abrupt departure was quite in theme with the one they had taken from the blacksmith's shop.

oocSorry, posted later than I anticipated... had a last minute project to push at work, then got sick! Just trying to wrap this up so you can get your skill. I hope you weren't waiting for the completion of this particular thread to continue on with that!
Adynirach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 17, 2018, 11:47 AM   #49 (permalink)
Down the Rabbit Hole

Mimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious SuperheroMimesis is a glorious Superhero

Thread Complete!

Daffydd: +2 xp, thievery (level 1 achieved)

Adynirach: +1 xp, thievery

Check my Office for Carrots and Updates!
Thanks to Chary for the bunny! (x2)
Mimesis is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: