Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2015, 06:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

None of this will work, unless we do (Indef, please)

Following on from this thread

It had been, quite frankly, a real education to see the workings of the Town Council and how they had deliberated and considered each proposal. Hay'aan was very aware that she was a peripheral player in the whole thing but she most earnestly hoped that she had helped Flitz at least a little in that meeting and the run up to it.

So, after a pracenda with Flitz and the family, Hay'aan had felt that things were moving along. She had come to see the head of the Knowledge Seekers' Guild and Thane in order to offer her help. Because she cared about this place and, if she claimed to do that, then she needed to do something about it.

So, this morning, bright and early, she turned up to work and go herself to the desk to look at what Flitz had tobrightening. When Flitz arrived (or if she was already there) Hay'aan would give a genuine and happy smile. "Serale, Flitz. How are you?" she asked softly and then looked down at the diary and attended to that "What have we in store to-brightening?" she wondered.
Old March 26, 2015, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

It probably wasn't all that surprising that Flitz was there before Hay'aan. In fact, one might wonder whether the sea elf ever went home at all and in fact simply slept underneath her desk or something. Regardless, there'd still be plenty to do in the aftermath of the meeting - the work never ended.

"It's important to be able to converse with people that you'd otherwise not want to," Flitz would tell her, "and it's inevitable that you'll be in situations that might make you uncomfortable. You have no option but to push your way through, however. I want you to be my representative in a meeting with some individuals from the Pleasure Quarter. They requested it - just hear what they want is all." She would need to head for the Steamy Lava Spa.
Old March 26, 2015, 06:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

She considered Flitz's words and she nodded her head. She would, indeed, need to be able to speak to people who she might not wish to converse with and she would have to do that in order to be useful to Flitz. That made sense. Situations which made her uncomfortable? Well, that too, that was for certain. It made good sense and she was quite happy to...

"Say what now?" she asked and she looked at Flitz, wide eyed and with an expression of pure shock on her face. "The... there is a pleasure quarter?" she asked and she sighed. She knew the Steamy Lava, of course. In fact, her mind flew back to the masquerade ball where she had met Klue for the second time where he had described it as a "fancied up bawdy house" or something like it. She looked at Flitz and she nodded.

"Very well, that is a good point and I will endeavour to do my best" she said. She would get the details from Flitz, make sure that she knew who she was speaking to and then she would make her way to the Steamy Lava. When she had first come here it had been owned by the then-Thane, Tristan L'Evienne. But she made her way and she would seek out the individual or individuals who requested a meeting.

"My name is Hay'aan Malinconico and I am here representing the Thane as her assistant. What is it that we can...." she did not want to end that sentence that way, so she changed it "What is it that you wished to speak about?" she asked and yes, the young gypsy woman was blushing furiously but she was keeping eye contact and she was doing her best.
Old March 27, 2015, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Foreboden!

Indefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious SuperheroIndefinite is a glorious Superhero

What role Tristan still had, if any, in the spa was certainly debatable. At the very least, though, some enterprising individuals had continued to run the location in the meantime - it was, after all, a decently profitable venture, and why let all that money go to waste? As it was, Hay'aan would in fact find that the person who had called for the meeting was in fact rather busy at the moment - however, she was invited to use the spa facilities for free while she waited, if she so desired. A free massage, a soak in the hot baths?

Or, perhaps, she could sample what was to offer in the restaurant.
Old March 27, 2015, 04:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

Oh, there was no contest there. The young gypsy woman was shy, somewhat nervous and always hungry. She would very happily sample the restaurant's fair. She liked a good soak in a hot bath and that was tempting, but she'd not brought anything to wear whilst in the bath (and yes, that was the only option). And as for a massage, she considered it briefly but again, she had not brought a change of clothing, and did not want to get scented oils on her clothes in work. Plus, really, it was no contest.

"I will sample the fares of the restaurant. Would they join me, when they are ready?" she asked and she would make her way into the restaurant.

Hay'aan loved food. Always had and so, she'd be quite happy to sample different starters and delicate tastes until such time as the person who had called the meeting was ready to see her. By which time, in fairness, she was quite content.
Old March 27, 2015, 04:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Foreboden!

The restaurant provided quite a number of local delicacies and was quite Demiosan in nature, to be sure. There were a good number of more exotic dishes, however, spanning from the more ornate cuisine that Jaedaxia offered to the strange spices of the Arakmatian desert. Hay'aan would likely have quite a good time sampling what the place had to offer - although it wouldn't be too long before she was joined by somebody else. A lovely young woman with lovely olive skin and deep green eyes would sit down beside her, offering her a warm smile.

"You are the representative from the Thane's office?" she'd ask, having been informed by the person at the front desk. "I am Ayda, a proprietor of this spa."
Old March 27, 2015, 05:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

She was enjoying the food (especially the Arakmatan bits, those were delightful too her). But when the woman with the olive-coloured skin and green eyes joined her, Hay'aan smiled and nodded her head. "I am. Serale. I am Hay'aan Malinconico" she said, softly "It is a pleasure to meet you Ayda"

Moving her plate to one side, she looked at Ayda with an interested expression and she asked, most sincerely "I understand you wished to have a conversation. How may I help you?" she asked, and she grabbed a notebook from her bag and a pencil. "Do you mind if I make notes so that I can best report back to the Thane?" she asked, before they began.

Nothing if not polite.
Old March 27, 2015, 05:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"I wouldn't mind at all," Ayda would say regarding the notes, even as she ordered herself an appetizer. The food was good, after all, so why not enjoy it? "I thank you for taking the time to listen to our troubles."

"Recently, we've had quite a few... mmm, ladies of the night loitering about our business," she would say simply, straightforwardly. "Women of the surrounding businesses in the pleasure quarter who've decided to take advantage of the relative opulence of our clientele. It's not particularly good for our business or our reputation, but there's no specific laws preventing it. I don't quite like the idea of using physical force, so we were wondering if a legal resolution of the conflict might be possible?"
Old March 27, 2015, 06:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

She listened to what Ayda said and she frowned, thoughtfully. "Prostitutes?" she said, softly. The woman did not want prostitutes outside. But then, there was a question which Hay'aan felt warranted answering. "So, are they offering services which are not available here? Or are they in competition?" she wondered, and she was genuine in her wondering for her understanding of the Steamy Lava was that prostitution was exactly what happened here. But she could not claim any major knowledge of the place.

"In terms of what you are seeking, I think it is probably important to ascertain where these women are in relation to the boundaries of your establishment?" she asked, softly. She thought there was very probably a difference if they were standing on ground owned by the Steamy Lava to if they were not. And actually, if they were within their rights and the Steamy Lava used force, well then they would be the ones breaking the law. It was important here that she got all the information and she looked at Ayda with a calm and polite interest.
Old March 27, 2015, 06:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"The spa," Ayda would say, gently if firmly, "is not a location where such services are rendered. Those who are interested are directed to the other Steamy Lava establishments, where their desires may be satiated." It was entirely possible that a few such things happened here and there, but it certainly wasn't what this place was designed for.

"Well, would you come with me, then?" she would ask. "They're right outside; I can show you where they are."
Old March 27, 2015, 06:31 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

"And where are those establishments?" she asked, quietly. After all, the issue was now something different. It was not about the reputation of this place, it was about filching customers. "In terms of where they have to go, do these prostitutes intercept them before they can go to your other establishment?" she wondered.

But go with her and be shown what was happening? Hay'aan nodded her head "Of course I will. Thank you, that is most helpful" she said, softly and she would indeed follow Ayda out to see just what it was that she was talking about.
Old March 27, 2015, 06:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"The Gentlemen's Club and the Loincloth Heaven," she would respond, "are the two other branches of the franchise. The prostitutes do their best to latch on to them either before they set foot inside here, or as they're leaving." She said those words with a bit of disdain, though - it seemed she wasn't particularly fond of them. Perhaps this was a matter of reputation after all, if the two branches of services could be considered separate entities. Ah, well, that was a different matter, though.

The prostitutes, it seemed, were all over the place. At the very least they had the sense not to dawdle right by the entrance, but some were just across the street, others scattered about all over the place. Stepping outside Hay'aan could see at least a dozen of them hawking their wares.
Old March 27, 2015, 07:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

The Loincloth Heaven? Praise be to Kaimelea that the woman in front of her could not read her mind. Loincloth Heaven!? That might be the single most ridiculous name she had ever heard and Hay'aan nodded her head. "So they are fundamentally stealing your custome either before they enter here, when they offer their services and the men in question" yep, she was not calling them gentlemen. Nope. No siree. "do not bother entering here because they are distracted, or they get them on the way out and stop them from moving on to the other establishment in your franchise? I think I see" she said and she followed the woman outside.

And goodness gracious and blessed Kaimelea, but that was a plethora of prostitutes! Like. A lot of them. She considered carefully and turned to her companion. "Where do they come from? Do these women all work under one pimp? Is there anything about them which is specific?" she wondered. She almost didn't expect the Steamy Lava employee to know, but Hay'aan was going to make some enquiries in the interests of getting all the information. It was, after all, her way.
Old March 27, 2015, 07:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Foreboden!

"I can't say I know," the woman would say with a bit of a sniff. "They don't seem very interested in talking to me in a civil manner."

It certainly seemed as if she'd tried, though - some of the prostitutes apparently recognized her and began catcalling her. The words used would likely cause Hay'aan's ears to turn a bit red, even if they didn't seem to faze Ayda.
Old March 27, 2015, 07:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Ears? Ears, cheeks and every square inch of her managed to blush at some of the words, but Hay'aan looked at Ayda and spoke softly. "I need to speak to them. Will you excuse me please?" she asked and she would approach, of course (because she was who she was and she had rather taken Flitz's words to heart. She had to do this and do it properly) the prostitute who was the most vocal in her catcalling.

"Sastimos, I am Hay'aan" she said, quietly "I have heard one side of this story of what is causing this conflict between you and this place. But I would like to hear yours if I might?" she wondered and she said, blushing furiously and uncomfortable but with a very genuine desire to help. "Would you tell me please? I might be able to help somehow then."