Old March 14, 2015, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

[Wits' End] Planting a Seed (Klue please)

There is nothing better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.
~~Malcolm X~~

Immediately following the events depicted in this thread right here.
And of course, she would write a song about it, later. He will undoubtedly hear it.

Waking up in Wits' End was sometimes (though too rarely) a slow and languid affair for the young couple. That only happened, of course, if Lily or Pilar had conspired to let them sleep. A full darkening's sleep was a rare thing for the pair upon whom the dawn's light filtered in on this morning. More often, though, waking up in Wits' End was a sudden thing, the cry from Jonah causing Hay'aan to rise and stumble her way over to their son, or one of the triplets (or two or three of them in truth) to have a nightmare and make their way to Mama and Da's bed. Those were the mornings where the young couple woke with approximately one inch of bedspace each, hanging over their side of the bed, as far apart from each other as it was possible to be whilst still in the bed, with elbows and knees dug into them from the center which was completely inhabited by their small offspring.

But not this morning. Neither of those things were what happened this morning. This morning should have been languid, for Lily had taken Jonah in the wee small candlemarks. So the two of them were alone in their room.

Hay'aan's eyes opened and she felt the weight of it all just fall in on her. Breathing in she sat up in bed and she felt.. she could not give words to what she felt but she stood, quickly, getting out of their bed and grabbing her dressing gown. Wrapping it around herself, she moved over to her dressing table and sat, lifting her hair brush with a hand which shook more than a little and brushing her hair. But as she looked at herself in the mirror, she saw him watching her, reflected in it. She saw his blue eyes so filled with concern and worry and the need to put things right, and she knew what she was doing ~ she was pulling away, withdrawing in because she assumed that he would find it easier if she did. Of course, that was not true and she put the hairbrush back down again as soon as she started and turned around and looked at him. Her expression told him everything he needed to know, in fairness.

She didn't speak, but she got back up from the seat she had taken across the room from him and she climbed back into their bed, pulling the blankets over her to protect against the cold she felt which was entirely internal, and she curled into his arms, which did far more to warm her than the coverings could.

"It's gone" she said, quietly. "I... I can't draw true any more, Klue" She sighed, deeply and she lay there, her head on his chest and her arms and legs wrapped around him, holding on to him. "She... I don't know what I did wrong. She doesn't want me as Her seer any more. I told you. I told you, didn't I? I told you that She was punishing me for something. Something I did or didn't do. Somehow, I haven't been enough. Not good enough. Because I didn't dream, because he took my dreams and fed on them. It's... or maybe because of Lanita, or... " she didn't know. She couldn't know. But maybe he would.

"What did I do wrong, Klue?" she asked, looking up at him with confusion on her face. Of course, he'd seen the nightmares when she underwent the Ritual of Piercing so he knew her deepest fears. But she had never given them voice before, not so clearly "Why wasn't I enough?"

Last edited by Hay'aan Malinconico; March 14, 2015 at 09:13 PM. Reason: underwent, not undergone!
Hay'aan Malinconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2015, 09:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Mythic

Klue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

He woke to brush of chilled air against his bared skin, come of Hay'aan pulling away and lifting the covers to climb out of bed. All the stored warmth went with her. But for a moment Klue rolled over, threw arm arm over his face to keep the dawn out, and drifted back to sleep.

Not for long though. He could sense his wife's mood from across the room. And there was a heaviness in the air that he'd learned to recognize after eras of knowing her. Something wasn't right. But he knew what it was already. They'd shared the same walk in the Dreamscape, after all. Without climbing out of bed, Klue watched her in the mirror, frowning, worried for her. But he knew that she'd talk about it when it suited her. And he was in no hurry to press, even when she came back to bed and curled up against him.

It was gone, yes. He sensed it, even if it wasn't his own ability which was lost. Well, something had changed. There was a sense that the way they walked together had become somehow more necessary. That wasn't the thing bothering her, he knew, but maybe the reasons were much the same. And of course, as she often did, she'd blame herself. "It's gone, aye," he agreed, and rested his chin gently atop her crown. 'But it wasn't you that's done anything wrong," he insisted.

"Don't be so quick to take the blame for something that has nothing at all to do with you. You assume that Kaimelea has withdrawn her approval from you, when we both know that something very profound has changed in the Dreamscape. Something that affects not just us, but all dreamwalkers, and Twisted too. I think if we don't feel her presence, it's not because of you, or me. It's because for some reason, something even beyond her own control, maybe, she's out of reach."
I care that they don't have any of their own.
Nikola Tesla
Klue Malinconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2015, 01:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

He responded, of course, just the way that she thought he would, she knew he would in fact. Laying in his arms she felt the warmth return to her and she smiled a small smile against his chest. "I should have bought myself one of these" she said, touching the heart shaped pendant he had worn for eras now. To be able to feel this, all the time? Well in fairness she had to admit and her smile was more genuine when she said what she was thinking "It was a damn good present" she whispered, closing her eyes and just feeling his embrace, his comfort. She listened to him and she did not argue or shake her head. Once, she would have. But why would she do that, she reasoned. She would want him to be no other way than how he was, want him to be no other person and, as much as she did not understand just what she had ever done to be so blessed, he spoke from his love for her.

After a few moments, she turned around, so she was laying on her front and she rested her chin in her hands, looking at him. "So many things that I thought were absolutes" she said, softly "One after another, they've changed or gone completely and all in fairly quick succession." Their ability to Dreamwalk and her true drawing were part of that but not all of it. Not all of it by a long shot. "Or they were just lies to begin with" she added, somewhat bitterly. She sighed, not liking the tone of voice she heard from herself, not liking the feelings that accompanied and created it.

"So many things, so many people. But not you" she said with a smile and reached out to tap his nose. "Never you. Miri palikari. My stalwart." she translated, softly. "And I know that to your mind you are right. But I have to be responsible for my own choices, my own actions and my own beliefs. When you got better at the sword and I got better at sculpture and dance, we accepted that as Kaimelea's gift. If we accept that She gives, then we accept that She takes away." It made perfect sense to her and she had to consider it in such a way. Balance, duality all of that strange gypsy stuff that ever was going on in her head mingled with the deep and abiding belief and faith she had in Kaimelea. "But maybe everything that's happened, my parents, Lanita, all of it. Even my abduction, maybe it's part of a bigger plan. It's changed for us in there, hasn't it?" she asked, raising an eyebrow as she looked at him, smiling as she reached to try and tame his dishevelled hair; a smile which broadened at it's stubborn refusal to do more than briefly comply then move back into its original position. "Did you feel that change too?" she wondered.
Old March 16, 2015, 12:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Mythic

Klue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroKlue Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

With one arm raised to support his head on the pillow and the other wrapped round her shoulders, Klue smiled a little when she fidgeted with the charm round his neck. "It's given me peace of mind, more times than I can count now. It was a very good gift," he agreed. Numerous times they'd been separated, briefly or longer term, and the reassuring thrumming of her heart against his chest, no matter the distance between them, had been a comfort he couldn't begin to describe.

Klue wasn't about to argue against her point of view. It was her truth, her belief, as much as his was his own. Except that there'd been times when he'd wondered if the unshakable nature of her faith, was sometimes less a friend to her than was helpful. He wouldn't say that either, but, "There are no absolutes, Hay'aan," he said quietly. "Each in its own time, of it's own time, yes, but the world isn't a static place. It follows then that the gods may follow suit, or they may lead the way." As a innovator, in particular, progress, advancement, change as opposed to all things old, set in stone and reliable...well without it he'd be out of a job right quick and might as well spend the rest of his brightenings at a desk in back of a watchmaker's shop.

He shifted and sat up in bed, but pulled her with him. "What was once true, may not be any longer. It doesn't make the past a lie, and it doesn't mean that either one of us has been had."

"I can't tell you where she's gone or what's happened to her. Whether it was by choice or no. Or even exactly when it happened or why. I don't know if things will ever return to the way they were before," he admitted. "But I don't believe for a minute that she's rejected you, or me, or removed her favor. Don't be so quick to find fault with yourself," he reminded her again. Maybe it was a bigger plan, maybe it wasn't. Klue himself was more inclined to science than gods' work, admittedly less devout than his wife was, more engaged in thoughts of self-determination than fate or divine intervention.

But where they were very much of one mind, was in their opposition to Risthal's work, and that of her minions. And he had felt something. Something very profound had changed. "I feel it, yes," Klue said. "We've always been stronger together, even from the start. But it seems all the more important now. Look what we took on, you and I together," he said, and grinned a little, remembering their battle against so many Twisted at once, and a few that were as strong, even stronger than each of them. But not together. "I think we've managed to make a reputation for ourselves in the Dreamscape, maybe...drew a little more attention to ourselves than intended," he considered.
Nikola Tesla
Old March 16, 2015, 06:19 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

"Hmmm. It's tortured you quite a few times, too" she pointed out, but she nestled into him contentedly nonetheless. "Except of course, it has not. The situation you were in did, that just put your deepest fears to rest" she considered with a slight smile. She squirmed in his arms then, briefly, looking up at him most seriously "I love you, you know" as she spoke she leaned to kiss him gently "You make it possible. All of it. Always. Thanks for that" she grinned and she was quite content to be pulled into his arms as they sat together on the bed, draping her legs over his and leaning against him. "I didn't mean anything to do with Kaimelea, amala" she pointed out when he said that it didn't make the past a lie "I meant my parents, my childhood. That was a lie. We are better off without any of it, us and the children.... they lied to me my whole life. They were the absolutes I meant. But they weren't absolutes at all, they were lies. Not Kaimelea" and yes, unshakeable faith? Oh, in droves.

And on quick to find fault with herself she said nothing just leaned in to him resting her head on his shoulder, listening to the rest of what he had to say about what they had just experienced and gently tracing her finger along his jaw. "What did I do to deserve you?" she wondered with a smile. "You and I took that on did we?" her raised eyebrow was somewhat obvious, but she said no more than that. There was only one of them who had just sprouted wings and used a ... bloody big gun... to splatter a Twisted. It most certainly wasn't her, she'd been too busy getting her wings burnt off by being reckless. Again. But that they'd made a reputation for themselves in the Dreamscape? Well that was something that caused a very genuine grin of pleasure to grace his wife's face. "Good. Let them tremble. They've no idea and they've no hope not any one of them" she said, earnestly. But then, pulling herself up a little so that she was looking at him, she considered how best to say what she thought about this. She decided that, between the two of them, straight was always best.

"I don't think that we should do this alone any more. Not if we can help it" she spoke quietly, but she was quite serious, he would know. There were all sorts of reasons for it, all sorts of thoughts going through her head, but they came down to one fundamental thing. They were more together than the sum of their parts and that was obvious. She was sure that there was a word for it, somewhere, but she was quite convinced that it was, simply put, that they were Malinconico.
Old March 17, 2015, 01:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
Mythic

Ah, her parents. Understandable Klue had assumed that she'd meant Kaimelea instead. He rarely gave Lanita or Annaldore either one much thought. Except that...He frowned, and reached up to smooth the hair on her crown. "They lied, yes," he said. "There's no justification for it. But you are who you are, you know. The person you are, here, now...The girl I fell in love with on the beach those eras ago. Whether its because of or in spite of them, I wouldn't have you any other way," Klue said.

He laughed though when she quirked a brow at him. "Yes, we both took them on. After all," he teased her, "if not for your tendency to rush bravely in, I mightn't have had reason to try out my alter ego. But I think you're right," he admitted. "Something's changed, and better for both of us to avoid going it alone in the Dreamscape."
Nikola Tesla
Old March 17, 2015, 04:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

Leaning her head towards him as his hand stroked her hair Hay'aan smiled gently. The realisation of what she had been saying, about it being her parents and family, not Kaimlea was not what he thought she had meant. Sometimes, she considered, she truly envied Klue the ability to simply switch off from that which he did not wish to know. Of course, that was very strongly over balanced by how much she hated the situation which had taught him it, but his wife had no such ability. She wondered if he realised just how much she thought about her parents, her sister and their niece. She grinned though, when he said that he would have her no other way, looking at him fondly. "I know" she replied, with a wicked grin. "I do not think I will ever understand why, but I know that it is so and I can not give you words to tell you. I can only be grateful that you are such a glutton for punishment and try my very best to work out ways to try in some small way to compensate you for such troubles"

She looked, however, rather put out when he laughed, but she could not hold it long. "I have my gender roles all mixed up I know. But it was in our home and I did that. I did it by trying to stop those things from scaring you" she said, softly. And as for not going it alone in the Dreamscape any more, well that made good sense and she nodded. She wondered, though, if he realised what that meant. "So, when next you tumble out of bed in the middle of the darkening chasing an idea, wake me up. When I need to paint something, I'll do the same." she said, softly.

But then, she frowned. It was sudden and yet not at the same time "Klue?" the question was unmistakeable "Do you think She's gone? Really? Because, if She's dead like people say, then I think we need to go and try to ressurect Her." And all the gods help him, she was completely and utterly 100% and totally serious.

Last edited by Hay'aan Malinconico; March 17, 2015 at 04:30 PM.
Old March 19, 2015, 11:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Mythic

"For as long as I've known you," Klue conceded, part exasperation but mostly fondness as he shifted in the bed and wrapped his arms more firmly around her. Gender roles mixed up, there was no denying it. "It's part of your charm, and just as well," he added with a grin, "Some things never change. I suspect this is one of them. But I love how brave, how bold you are...Just make sure you let me be in charge once in a while," he teased her.

There was no denying though that something profound had occurred the night before. The goddess seemed no more present than she'd been for any number of months gone by now. In fact, was it possible, she seemed farther away than ever, almost as if she'd never been. "Her absence was as keenly felt as her presence ever was," he said with a deep frown. "And something has shifted, it's more than just feeling the void that's left. There's something else dark and ugly there."

Far be it from him to know what it was. But whatever it was, the two of them together had kept it at bay. "No more outings on our own," he agreed. "Only together." But resurrect Her. Klue smiled, albeit sadly. "I don't know if she's dead. But gone, absent, no denying that. I think it's best if we continue to do what we've always done. Oppose Risthal's agenda and the Twisted, and try to recruit others that can help restore the balance." He'd have done that, oath to a planetar or no.
Nikola Tesla
Old March 19, 2015, 04:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

"Let you be in charge?" she said and she looked genuinely surprised. "When are you ever *not* in charge, my love?" she wondered, breathing in contentedly and leaning into him as he wrapped his arms around her more. "When you want to, we do. When you do not wish it, we do not. Let you be in charge indeed" she grumbled good naturedly "what a thing to say. I declare most sincerely that I am the very epitome of a meek and dutiful wife... " she looked up at him and smiled, leaning forward to kiss his nose. "You name me one time, just one, when we have done something you have said you did not want to do, Klue Malinconico. Or come to that, *not* done something you said you did want. You name me one?" she shook her head, sadly but entirely teasingly because, for all that she believed the words before to be true (maybe except the meek bit.... she could accept that), she knew the lie which was the words she uttered next "I am so unappreciated".

But on then to topics of their goddess and Hay'aan leaned her head against him, pulling herself closer to him. "Dark and ugly indeed. But when we were together we were so much stronger" she considered this carefully, her thoughts mulling it over. "What we do, both of us, is so solitary. But it seems like everything that has happened since I was abducted has pushed us together. Shown us that we are stronger that way." The slight frown which she wore was indicative of concentration "Like everything that has happened did so in order to strip away the dross, the distractions and the things which are unimportant and to show us just what it is that we have here. Awake and asleep" And even though it had hurt in places for them both, there was no doubting that they were stronger as a couple than they had ever been.

When he smiled so sadly, Hay'aan lifted her head and pulled him towards her to kiss him, slowly lingering in their embrace. She hated it when he looked.. no, when he felt like that. "It's alright love." she whispered, her eyes seeking his and looking at him most earnestly "Whatever it is, whatever has happened, it's alright. I couldn't feel you, either of you for an era and it didn't break the two of us, did it? Together, we are Malinconico, are we not?" she whispered, leaning her forehead against his cheek. "But you're right. We have a job to do. It is a sacred duty, a pleasure and a privilege. We keep doing that, in Her name and we do not falter." It was not exactly complex to her, but then she was aware of her own tendencies towards blind faith. Scooching around slightly, she considered whether she should say the next, but she did because it was true. "It felt... when we were kneeling there together and I could feel that darkness trying to fall in on us?" she asked, although she knew he knew what she was talking about, it was a question too "Klue, it felt like we were dancing" And she knew how strange that was, but that was how it felt to her. Like when she had stepped into his arms in the workshop, with Dunnie watching but yet she saw no-one but him. Shrugging, she shook her head slightly "That probably makes no sense to you. But it's how it was to me".

Last edited by Hay'aan Malinconico; March 19, 2015 at 04:53 PM.
Old March 21, 2015, 02:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Mythic

Unappreciated? "You are," Klue responded solemnly, or it would would seem such if she didn't know him better. He didn't quite manage to conceal a grin as he lovingly nudged her ribs with his elbow to tickle her and make her squirm against him again. It wasn't at all unpleasant, and it was distracting. "I'll strive to do better."

"If the goddess, or fate or luck or even just happenstance acted alone, or all conspired to push us together," he considered, "I think it wasn't to show us necessarily, but to remind us." Recalling the the first time they'd met, just yards away on the black sand beach below Wits' End, he added, "It's always seemed to be, that it's what was intended." It was saying a lot, coming from a man who tended to put much more stock in independent thought and self determination, than he ever had fate or gods' work.

Dancing? He frowned thoughtfully before having to agree. "I'm no dancer....And yes, before you say it," he added before she could, "it's mostly by choice. But I know what you mean. It was you and me together, keeping the darkness at arm's length." Still, he couldn't resist grinning and teasing her again. "But just because it felt like dancing, doesn't mean I'll be eager to put on my dancing shoes in the Dreamscape." After all, he couldn't imagine many things that would look sillier, worn by a Dreamscape raccoon.
Nikola Tesla
Old March 21, 2015, 04:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Her eyebrow quirked at his mock solemn response, which she wasn't buying in the slightest. "You'll try to do better? Can't think of an example can you? Hey...stop that" she grumbled as the nudge of his elbow caused exactly the squirming response he had planned for. She didn't notice that he'd planned it and gave him a mock-frown as she got hereslf back to comfortable. But she grinned at him and shook her head "You have no need to do better, I accept my lack of appreciation from you. It's part of my meek and mild nature. Plus, you need to have the odd fault here and there just in case you might become unbearable, after all" she grinned. But genuinely, she knew that her tendency to run towards things which any sane person would run away from worried him and she looked at him seriously for a moment "I'll try to be better, Miri Mou. I know it scares the life out of you, but... it's run towards or run away and I could no more abandon you than you could me". He understood, she knew. Didn't mean he had to like it and she was well aware of her own reckless tendencies.

But it was a fair point and she nodded "Aye, reminded. That's a better word and much more in line with what I meant. Reminded twice, you and I." But that it was what was intended, her and him? She looked at him seriously then and lifted her hand to gently stroke his cheek. "You are my home and hearth, heart and hope as I am yours. I have always believed that Kaimelea brought us together and I still do, but..." she was quite serious and her eyes locked with his, losing herself in them as she continued "I believe, without a doubt, that what we have together is so beautiful and so strong that it would make the Gods themselves weep. Because we are here by choices made, both of us and when the final reckoning comes, I choose you and you me, before all others" It was a serious point and she meant it completely, her dark eyes very clearly showing him just how seriously she meant it.

And he even agreed on the dancing? She smiled and shook her head, "I wasn't going to say that" she insisted. She wasn't "Any more than I think you should don your dancing shoes in the waking world. But it felt like that moment where we danced that dance together, I lost myself in you and I think you did the same. I realised a lot of things in that dance, or the practice of it, maybe that's why. But as much as I adore you, Miri Ozi, I have seen you dance in the Dreamscape, and I think that, in comparison, here in the waking you might be a professional" she teased, gently.
Old March 22, 2015, 02:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Mythic

"It's what first attracted me to you, you know," he teased, "that meek and mild manner of yours." Of those, she was anything but, and Klue wouldn't have her any other way. She knew that without him saying it. But as for rushing in? "Still," Klue argued. "I'm only asking you to consider that there's a lot of ground for compromise, and consideration, between running away, and running towards."

They could go rounds all brightening on that one though, to very little avail. Nonetheless, he added, "and that way, though I can't say I fear it, maybe we can delay that final reckoning for some time to come."

"I understand what you meant though. Like dancing or no, it was the two of us as one, there was just you and me to the exclusion of all others. And I can't say why it kept the darkness at bay, it seemed to nonetheless. And," he added with mock indignation, "I don't know what you mean, I'd argue that I'm the best dancing raccoon in the Dreamscape."
Nikola Tesla
Old March 22, 2015, 07:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

If he noticed such, which she always suspected he almost certainly did, it was the 'we might delay that final reckoning' that did it. Before that, she'd nodded her head and accepted that he was right. However, she hated the idea of her actions putting him in danger, and she'd rather meant the whole 'when the final reckoning comes' bit as a reassuring one, something much more meaningful and personal to the two of them. So, when he turned it around in quite that way, one eyebrow raised slightly and she took her hand from his cheek to fold in her lap, her lips pursing slightly.

That he'd not responded to what she said was fine, she was often the more emotional and vocal one of the two of them, but somehow taking the words she meant one way and turning them around to criticise her with was not fine at all, it was hurtful. But she didn't argue, there was no point to. He thought what he thought and he said what he said. No point to causing a fuss, then. "Maybe we can delay it, aye" she agreed, quietly. Maybe they could, if she could but stop being so reckless and stupid and putting him in danger. It was an old tune she was hearing, and it added to the conversation about her parents and her sister and the feelings mixed up with the loss of her goddess given ability that she'd woken up with moments before and they all swirled around, rather like the colours in her dreaming wings. All in all, she thought, it really was turning into quite a rotten morning, and to her mind it was all of her own making.

Better to turn it around, into something else and she slipped out of bed, moving to get a dressing gown which she wrapped around herself. "Well, you weren't actually a raccoon" she pointed out with a slight smile, reaching for a band to tie her hair back with. In fact she'd never seen that dream form before. She moved back to the bed, sitting on the edge of it, on top of the covers with her feet on the floor but next to him on his side, her hand seeking his "Did your form change permanently? My sister's did when I was abducted." she said, careful on using that analogy, but still it was a question worth asking. She wasn't aware that anyone could choose to do that and so she assumed it had rather happened to him not he'd done it. "I suppose yours was in response to me too, though for very different reasons" she realised and sighed slightly, irritation at herself building anew. She needed to sort this, and she would. It was enough now and she had to do something. She had some ideas, but she would need to think them through. There was no point to worrying him about them, though, so she put them to one side for the moment.

"I have an idea. It's still early. Why don't you get a lay in while I go and relieve Lily, she's had Jonah since the middle of the darkening, she must be tired" she said quietly, leaning forward to kiss him gently on the forehead whilst letting go of his hand. "When was the last time you got to sleep in? If you're inordinately lucky, you might even get some rosyun saved for you, too, by your meek and mild romni" she added but she gave him a mischievous quirk of her eyebrow "Unless it's the eggs. In which case it's every gypsy for herself." She'd wait to see what he thought of that as an idea, but in truth even if it was the eggs, she'd keep him some.
Old March 23, 2015, 03:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Mythic

Something had changed. And it changed quickly. She pulled away and climbed out of bed, turned her attention elsewhere and Klue frowned. He suspected he knew the cause. For as much as they, each of them knew the other better than anyone else ever could, they still seemed to have a knack for misinterpreting what the other was saying. Or taking to heart, was was never meant to be. She didn't have to say it. Klue knew already, and if frustrated him. "I only meant that if we truly are going to be stronger together, consistently...If we're to be able to accurately read each other's intentions and anticipate what the other will do, then we both have to trust that the other can and will act as part of that team. It ought not be about defending each other, but instead, working as a unit. And I know, that goes for me too, not just you," he added before she could say it.

"No, it didn't change permanently," he considered, of his Dreaming form when she sat back down beside him. "At least I don't think so. I've been an Ancient in the Dreamscape once before, but it wasn't me that made it happen. I'm not sure why it did. But," Klue added, remembering the events just last darkening, "We observed the Twisted seeming to change shape at will. So I thought, if her, then why not us? So I drew on those memories to change my shape. But it wasn't because of you," he reassured her. "Well it was, but not like you think anyway. It's because we were facing an enemy that was stronger than any we've faced before, I thought it would take more. I didn't know if it was possible. Apparently it is."

"But yes, save me some of those eggs," said with a grin once she stood up again, preparing to head downstairs. "I'd love to lay in but I suspect some of the crew is already looking for me out in the workshop. It's a busy brightening planned, I'll be down in a few minutes," he decided, though he would, on second thought, lay about for at least a few more minutes.
Nikola Tesla