Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 2, 2015, 06:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

On the beach at dawn... (Mortimer and Rhystlin, please)

The sun was rising on the sea, Diamea was sitting on the beach, her weapons, the dagger, the throwing knife, on the sand beside her, awaiting for someone. A few brightenings ago, after the experience at the fighting pit, she had met Mortimer.

She didn't really know how she was feeling towards Mortimer; for a moment they liked each other, back in the pool, him in her arms, but then he rejected her. However he said he would come for training, she hope he would...

But Mortimer wasn't the only person who would come; she met Rhystlin by chance after meeting Mortimer, they spoke and Diamea liked her thinking and ideas so they decided to meet for some training together.

Neither knew the other would come but Diamea hoped they wouldn't be bothered by the presence of the other. On one hand she would like to be alone with Mortimer, that massage on the sand... but maybe it was better Rhystlin That was there.

[ooc]Here we are my friends! I leave to you describing your entrance!!! Diamea will react properly!!! :-b]OOC[/ooc]

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2015, 10:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
Hero

Mortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious Superhero

As Mortimer walked along the black sand beaches of Demios early this brightening, he stretched, and yawned. He could see Diamea sitting on the beach about one hundred yards from him, and instantly felt both joy, and guilt at her presence. Perhaps he could make up for his hasty retreat from the other darkening, this brightening.

Making his way up to her side, Mortimer crouched down, and put a hand on her shoulder. "Good brightening Diamea." He said to her with a wolfish grin, as he sat down beside her. "It truly is good to see you again. How are you?" He took his hand off of her shoulder, and he leaned back in the sand, on his hands staring up at the brightening sky. "At least it is a beautiful brightening, could not asked for better." Mortimer gave her a wink, before he continued. "So what would you like to do, daggers, wrestle? Is that a throwing knife there?" He asked, pointing out her throwing dagger. "I have never used one of those before."
Mortimer Blythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2015, 10:25 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hero

Wealth Tier: Steel
Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Rhystlin had agreed to meet Diamea on the beach, and she was never late for her appointments - if she could help it. She had been led to believe that the meeting would involve some sort of spar, so she brought her sword, dagger, and some of her newly purchased throwing knives along, as she had known Diamea to carry a similar sort of weapon. Maybe the girl could teach her how to use them.

Other than that she wore a belted tunic, leggings, and some high boots, as she wasn't really fond of the feeling of sand in her shoes. As she grew nearer to the figure on the beach she realized that it was actually two figures, and as she was nearly upon them she realized with a sudden awkwardness that she recognized the second person as well.

That tall, lanky man from the fighting pits. That had been quite an... experience....

"Serale, Diamea. Uh... serale...?" She actually didn't know or recall the fellow's name. She had been too busy trying not to get killed. "You two know each other? Did you enter at the pits together or something?"
Rhystlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2015, 02:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

Mortimer was the first to come, Diame looked at him in the distance, not sure how to feel; his hand on her shoulder cast a shiver down her spine, she imposed herself to speak without hesitation "Good brightening Mortimer..." she found hard to look directly at his face "I'm fine..." maybe it would be better she said it wasn't fine but Diamea didn't want to show resentment for how he reject her.

Diamea listened to him, looking at him sideways, it looked like that nothing happened "Yes, the weather is really good today..." the he asked for what they would do and about the weapons "Yes, this is my throwing knife..." he said wrestle? at this words to her mind came the image of her on the beach with him caressing her "Stop it...!" thought between herself "I could teach you..." she blushed "...if you want..."

There were a lot of unspoken words in Diamea's mind that were pressing to be spoken, questions without answers and perhaps vain hopes; from this mental confusion Diamea was saved by the arrival of Rhystlin.

"Serale Rhystlin..." she smiled, her coming was a welcomed distraction, she stood up to hug her and he noticed Rhystlin seemed to know Mortimer, but there was something strange. As Rystlin asked how they knew each other, Diamea blushed, what she could say? That firstly he flirted with her and the rejected her? And that she really enjoyed that moment? "N-no... we met after the fighting pit..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 2, 2015, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero

Mortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious SuperheroMortimer Blythe is a glorious Superhero

Mortimer noticed Diamea was avoiding eye contact, and he mentally berated himself for having possibly hurt her, and lost the opportunity to enjoy each others comforts. When she told him that it was her throwing knife, he was intrigued. "Yes, I would like it if you taught me how to throw it properly." Mortimer said to the Diamea, mesmerized by her dark hair catching in the ocean breeze.

He felt his face flush when he realized that he was staring at her, so he broke eye contact, and looked out over the sea. Mortimer wanted to tell her he was sorry about the other darkening, wanted to tell her how much he had enjoyed it, but the moment was lost to his apprehension.

It was then that another woman showed up, one that looked all too familiar to Mortimer. "Hey you," He said to the girl he had fought in the pit, still not knowing her name. "I guess that giant let you free after all." Mortimer said sarcastically, with a bark of laughter. "I do not think we were properly introduced. My name is Mortimer, Mortimer Blythe." He winked at Diamea when she said that they did not meet at the fighting pits. "No, we did not meet in the pits. We actually met at the hot springs."

Mortimer was not sure whether he was relieve to see that they would not be alone together on the beach, or if he was a bit sad about it, as both had their goods, and bads. In the end they were just here to train, right? No funny business, and after the hot springs, Mortimer did not fancy showing one woman affection in front of another, as that led to feelings of shame, and embarrassment. He would just have to play it cool for now, and see how the brightening turned out.
Old March 2, 2015, 10:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
Hero

Rhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious SuperheroRhystlin is a glorious Superhero

Rhys was blushing now, but for an entirely different reason from the other two. In fact, she was completely naive to the exchange that had occurred prior to her arrival, and wasn't even thinking along those lines. She was more embarrassed at the predicament she had gotten herself and Mortimer into with the giant at the pits. It wasn't that she hadn't lied before, it was just that the whole thing had turned into a convoluted mess and most of it had been her fault. That had been... awkward. And it was sort of embarrassing now.

At least Mortimer wasn't trying to stab her now, especially after the whole mess they had been through previously. She had to give him a lot of respect for being so laid back about everything now.

She quirked a brow at Diamea's stammering, wondering suddenly if the two were "together". The other girl seemed a little nervous at answering the question, and Mortimer's wink only made the relationship more plausible in Rhystlin's eyes. Diamea may be glad to know that Rhystlin had not killed Mortimer before the two could meet. At least she had done that right.

"Well, serale then, Mister Blythe. If you're a friend of Diamea's then you're certainly a friend of mine. I'm Rhystlin Farsteel."

She held out her hand for the man to shake if he felt so inclined, and then smiled at Diamea. "So what's on the schedule for today?"
Old March 3, 2015, 03:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Luminary

Looking at him sideways, she saw he was mesmerize by her dark hairs, maybe he was still attracted by her?

Diamea saw Rhystlin's quirked brow as she stammered on her answer and blushed even more, it seemed that the elf pictured in her mind a pretty good or wrong, Diamea couldn't tell, idea of what happened between her and Mortimer. Mortimer, however, made it clear were they met and Diamea was sure that place would make Rhystlin think far more than what happened there.

As she heard Mortimer's words for his meeting with Rhystlin, was her turn to rise an eyebrow, what happened there which implied the presence of a giant?

Then after the introduction and embarrassment, Rhystlin asked the schedule for that brightening and Diamea was happy to think about it, she hoped that training would clear a bit her mind "Ok, I'd like to use my dagger a bit, but Mortimer expressed his interest in my throwing knife... and I see you have one too..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 3, 2015, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Hero

"Serale Miss Farsteel," Mortimer said to Rhystlin, echoing her formal use of his surname. "Well met, and charmed indeed." He added, standing up, gently grasping her outthrust hand in a greeting, and flashing a wolfish grin. "Ah yes, I see that you wear a throwing knife as well. Perhaps between yourself and Diamea, I could learn a few things this brightening on how to properly throw one."

Mortimer paused for a moment in thought, before he continued. "It never occurred to me to throw my dagger before, and I may have to go out to purchase one after this brightening." Stretching his arms over his head, and bending at the waist to touch his toes, he continued while looking Diamea in the eyes. "Maybe after that we can get some close quarters dagger practice in, we do have the entire brightening after all."
Old March 3, 2015, 10:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys grinned at Diamea. "I do have a few! But I admit I don't really know how to use them, either. I'd bought some earlier when I visited the weapon shop and I figured I'd bring them along since I've seen you with them before." She shrugged. "Thought you might give me some pointers if you had the time."

She shrugged. "I'm up for some practice with anything, really. Whatever you guys want to do."

She didn't have any plans for the day, and she hadn't been sure what Diamea had in store, so she was open for just about anything, and she could always learn something new.
Old March 5, 2015, 05:47 AM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

"But Mortimer made a pass at anyone?" was the first thought of Diamea as Mortimer showed himself charmed by Rhystlin, but maybe his was only gallantry? "Stop thinking, Diamea... we are here for training..." stopped herself the black haired girl...

This aren't throwin daggers, are throwing knife...” she said reproachfully but with a smile at the end "I think we will start with throwing knife then..." she said taking hers.

There was a tree nearby that was perfect as a target and Diamea stood a few steps away from it; she took a deep breath, it was her first time teaching something to anyone, her little sister was a special case and didn't count, she felt the eyes of the other two on her and this made her a little uneasy.

"The knife can be hold by the blade or from the handle but I prefer hold it by the handle, I feel more secure; you have to hold it with the right force, too much won't allow it to go well and too little it will made it slip from your fingers..." she tried to let them see what she mean "Rhystlin, could you lend one of your knifes to Mortimer?" she asked "Then you can try finding the right strength for you."

She awaited that they try before proceeding to the next step "Depending on the distance the position of the arm that holds the knife will change, if you are very close is better to pull well back your arm, as the distance increases the arm bends less..." she showed what she meant before continuing.

"Before throwing it, however, you have to get in the throwing position..." she shifted back her right leg, the one on the same side that held the knife; at the same time she raised her arm having it perpendicular to the ground "... and then you throw it..." she shifted her weight on the front leg, rotating the arm and threw the knife that flew up to stick in the trunk of the tree.

"What do you think?" Diamea asked looking at her friends, ready to answer and help them.

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 5, 2015, 11:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

"Throwing knives then," Mortimer replied to Diamea, with a mischievous smirk. "I stand corrected. Yes, that sounds like a great way to start off." He followed the dark haired woman to a nearby tree, and listened at her explanation.

"So hold the handle not too tight, but not too loose." Mortimer summed up, nodding his head in understanding. He looked to Rhystlin as Diamea asked her if he could borrow one of her throwing knives. Mortimer would accept it if offered, but would understand if she did not wish to part with one of her blades.

Watching her intently, Mortimer copied Diamea's movements, bringing his arm back, and then forward once for close range throwing, and then once for longer range throwing. So far the movements felt fairly natural, and simple, but he knew it could not be that simple.

"The throwing position?" Mortimer asked quizzically, as he watched Diamea get into her position. He tried to copy, and mimic her body positioning. Putting his right leg back, and bringing his right arm up over his head, perpendicular to the ground, before bringing it down.

"I am not sure why, but it does not feel natural, kind of off balance." He said to the both of them, shrugging his shoulders. "Maybe I just need to do it for a few candlemarks before it feels more natural."
Old March 5, 2015, 12:13 PM   #12 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys was only too happy to offer Mort her blade. It was brand new, and she had little attachment to a weapon far from broken in. The real treasure was her sword, which had been a gift from her father.

She used the handle to hold the blade as she observed Diamea move. She nodded at the arm positioning and stance the girl demonstrated. She pinched the handle of blade between her thumb and index finger.

She placed her feet about shoulder width apart, her body facing the tree, her dominant leg a bit further back with her legs slightly bent.

"So... actually throwing the knife isn't like you'd normally throw something then?" she observed. She could see how throwing it this way would affect the accuracy of the knife. Instead she pointed her knife at the target to help herself prepare, then she bent her arm at the elbow, pulling the knife back behind her head. He body turned slightly away from the tree when she did this. She then straightened her arm again in one swift motion without releasing the knife, just to get acclimated to the movement. As she straightened her arm, her body turned to face the tree once more, and her weight shifted to the front leg as she extended forward a bit.

It was a bit strange to have to keep the arm straight on toward the target, but it made sense.

"Got it!" she exclaimed as she straightened. Seemed simple enough, but actually doing it was often more difficult than the concept itself.
Old March 7, 2015, 04:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Luminary

OOCI forgot to post it before: "http://it.wikihow.com/Lanciare-i-Coltelli", from the videos you can see what I mean with my words; it's in italian but there is an english version too

"Yes, at first you could feel off balance but your goal is to be in balance when you throw the knife..." smiled Diamea at Mortimer's question "...doing it more time, should make you more confortable... Come one, Mortimer, try..." Diamea encouraged the boy with a mischievous smile.

"No, because you need to make the knife rotate, not simply throw it... rotating give the the knife enough force and above all precision to hit your target." Diamea replied and the clapped as Rhystlin's knife hit the target "Try again and again... until it became something natural..."

She took a deep breath and then throw the knife, she did all she said, only a bit more rapidly. Then she went to the tree and took the knifes "After you retrieve your knifes, remember to take care of them, clean them and check that the blades aren't dirt, dirt ruin them..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old March 8, 2015, 12:52 AM   #14 (permalink)
Hero

At Diamea's insistence Mortimer grasped the handle of the knife gently, with just enough force to keep it in his hand. He got into the throwing position, with his weight on his back leg. Holding his arm up vertically, Mortimer began to bring the arm down, as he shifted his weight to his left leg. Once his arm was parallel with the ground, he released the knife sending it spinning end over end toward the tree.

"That felt a bit better, more natural. How did it look?" He said to Diamea returning her roguish grin, as he went through the motions a few more times without the knife. "Maybe we can make this a bit more interesting." He mused out loud, before continuing. "Rhystlin, how about we have a little contest? First one to stick five throws in a row wins lunch for all three of us, paid for by the loser." Gambling always made things more interesting, and at least one of them should buy Diamea lunch for teaching them this brightening.

When Diamea came back with the knives, Mortimer checked the one Rhystlin had leant him for any grime, or dings to the blade. The last thing he wanted was to ruin a borrowed knife, so he took the advice of Diamea and cleaned the blade on the leg of his pants.

Mortimer got back into throwing position, ticking off the steps in his head. Grasp the knife gently, weight on back leg, right arm vertical, bring the arm down, shift your weight forward, and release when arm is straight. He felt like he was getting the hang of it now, and would have no problem besting Rhystlin, winning a free lunch.
Old March 8, 2015, 11:14 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hero

Rhys smiled in encouragement to Mortimer. It seemed like it was getting the hang of it, and that was good.
She attempted to actually thow the knife, finding that her first one hit the tree but clattered to the ground. Diamea then mentioned that the knife should spin rather than travel head-on, and suddenly her failure made sense to her.

"So when you're closer... it would sometimes make sense to hold it by the blade, wouldn't it?" she asked Diamea. "Because if you're really close the knife might not have enough time to make a full rotation." She made a spinning motion with her hands. It was all assumption really, but she figured it was worth asking.

She tried again, listening to Mort as he conjured up a bet. She shrugged. "That may be difficult when neither of us have five throwing knives. You better pick a second target, otherwise I'll let you win!" She laughed. She didn't fancy running up to collect her daggers for another round while Mort was still mid-throw. Ouch!

When Mort was done testing his own throws, Rhys went and retrieved the two knives she had thrown, checking them for dirt as Diamea had instructed. She could see how they might be in need of sharpening just like her other blades.

Last edited by Rhystlin; March 8, 2015 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I can't believe I misspelled "ouch".