Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2015, 04:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

[Wits' End] Old Friends, New Stories (Diamea)

Following from here where Diamea visits Wits' End

Diamea had rung the bell and the gate had opened. As she had made her way up the winding path, she had been accompanied by the familiar sight of Dishmop the dog; he had walked along with Diamea and had wuffed a friendly greeting, recognising the young woman. As Diamea walked towards the front door, though, Dishmop let out another deep wuff and seemed to be drawing the young woman's attention in a different direction. Off to the right and there, should she look, was Hay'aan. She was kneeling in the garden and next to her was a basket filled with herbs from the well kept and well tended herb garden which she kept a careful eye on.

At the sound of the wuff, Hay'aan had looked up and a smile was evident on her face. Picking up her basket, Hay'aan waved and started to walk over to Diamea. She looked genuinely pleased to see her young friend, although also somewhat surprised. "Diamea!" she said, with a grin "Well, look at you! It is good to see you!" she added and hugged her friend.

"What brings you to Demios?" she asked. If Diamea noticed such things, Hay'aan's hair was loose, without any braids in it and she looked relaxed and happy. "Is everything alright? Come in, come in. Welcome to Wits' End" she said, and grinned. "This is our home here. Gods, but it is good to see you. How are you?" she asked and then, realising that she was asking a lot of questions, she slipped her arm into Diamea's and led her friend towards her house, carrying a basket of fragrant herbs in the other hand and the dog walking along beside them.
Old January 26, 2015, 03:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Luminary

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

She remember the big white dog from Hay'aan's house in Sancta and this time she wasn't scarred by him, it was a sign that Hay'aan was there. When the dog drew her attention away from the door, Diamea turned to see Hay'aan working in the garden, always busy the gypsi girl.

As her friend came to her, the girl went to meet her "Hay'aan!" she smiled hugging her back, the gypsy girl always made her feeling better and happier with a smile, in any place.

"You invited me back in the day to visit your house here... I needed a break from Sancta so here I am..." smiled Diamea, her friend looked so relaxed with her hair loose; she wished one day to find places and people like the ones Hay'aan had.

"I'm good, I have a lot of things to do thats keeps by mind busy but it's better than remaining still thinking about what happened...." smiled Diamea; while thinking about training, studying and things like this, she hadn't the time to think about what happened "And you? You look so relaxed...!"

Secrets of Foresight

Thread Count: 2 + 0
<3 Thank you, thank you, thank you to my companionship donor!!! <3
Diamea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2015, 05:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Hay'aan was very genuinely delighted when she saw Diamea and she looked at her with pleasure on her face. "Yes, I remember" inviting her, that was. "And you are most welcome here. A good sight." But on the topic of Sancta Nova, Hay'aan looked at Diamea and frowned "Is everything alright back in Sancta Nova?" she asked, concerned that her friend might have run into trouble.

Hay'aan led Diamea into the house, through the hallway and into the kitchen which seemed to be the center of the house. She motioned for Diamea to take a seat on one of the bar stool around the central island and she listened to the young girl as she spoke about keeping busy.

Hay'aan put a glass of cool fruit juice down in front of Diamea and a plate of small honeyed cakes between them. "Relaxed?" she said, and smiled. "I suppose that is because I am. I am pleased to be home, in truth. Demios has been my home for seven eras now, and I missed it when we moved to Sancta Nova." Looking at Diamea, Hay'aan smiled slightly.

"And what of you? You say that you try to not think about what happened? You have had no luck finding your sister?" she asked, assuming that this was what Diamea spoke about when she said this. Hay'aan had no advice to offer the young woman, none at all, but she was able to offer a listening ear if she needed it.

"So, how long are you staying on Demios?" she asked, with interest. "What are you planning on doing here?"
Old January 27, 2015, 03:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious SuperheroDiamea is a glorious Superhero

"It's all right, more or less..." smiled Diamea, life wasn't one of the easiest things "... I only need a break, see something different, trying something new..." and maybe meeting a friend...

Diamea followed Hay'aan throught the house looking around; as the house in Sancta, this house was so lively and bright, Diamea liked them. "I love the feeling of your house, Hay'aan... maybe I said it before..." he said as she sat on the bar stool before taking what Hay'aan offered her "...and I can't think of your house without your fruit juices!" she ended laughing.

"I had no luck about her but if I have to be honest, I didn't tried much... I had all the trainings to follow... she is always here with me, one day I'll find her... I'm sure... but for now I have so much to think about..." Diamea was gratefull to Hay'aan for caring about her and her lost sister and for simply being here ready to hold her up. All this speaking and remembering, however didn't make her lost her smile, her life in Vortex seemed her so far now...

"I don't know how long I'll stay, for a few days for sure... I think it depends on what I find to do here... maybe some training... I don't know..." smiled the black and blue haired girl, open to suggestion.

Secrets of Foresight

Old January 28, 2015, 05:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

"Oh, thank you" she said, with a smile when Diamea complimented her on the house. Hay'aan grinned and shrugged, slightly, as Diamea considered that fruit juice was synonymous for her with where Hay'aan lived. She raised the glass in her own hand slightly and nodded. "Then may we share many fruit juices for we have sat together as friends many times" she said, with a grin "Klue will be sorry that he missed you. He is in Prime, he has been given a commission there" she said, pride on her face as she spoke of her husband, as always. "But I am very glad to see you. It is strange here without him" she added, and she smiled slightly, wisfully.

But then Diamea told Hay'aan that she wanted to do some training and the gypsy woman beamed "You are, of course, welcome to use my gymnasium, if you wish. I use it to practice acrobatics and dance. You would be welcome to join me in training for either. Or, if you are feeling particularly brave, I could teach you to play the gitara" she added, and she grinned to Diamea. "What sort of training are you looking for? I know the island well, I should be able to help, at least a little"
Old February 1, 2015, 04:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea raised her glass too, as she toasted "Of course I'm more than happy to see you without your fruit juices, even if I love them!" laughed the girl between sips from her glass.

"I'm sorry to miss him too, I would be happy to see him again!" smiled the girl thinking of Hay'aan's particular husband, he was an interesting man.

Then when Hay'aan suggested she could use her gymnasium again, Diamea smiled even wieder "Being back in a proper gymnasium would be amazing! I continued to practice what you teached me and doing stretching but doing at home isn't like doing it in your ginasium." she reminded herself to make something like Hay'aan's gymnasium once she will had a proper house. "About training... well, I'd like to learn more about Sorcery... the gitara has too many strings, I'm not particularly brave here to try my luck..." laughed at Hay'aan proposal "...and then... about my other skills... I would like to improve acrobatics... you said you could me teach me this, no?" she stood up and moved her pelvis with her arms raised, like she was doing some dance move, she knew Hay'aan would laugh at her "performance".

oocPM is flying towards you! ;-)

Secrets of Foresight

Old February 1, 2015, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

"He will be sad to have missed you, but glad that you came whilst he was gone. He knows that I miss him, so the face of a friend is very well timed" she said, with a smile. She did not doubt that Diamea considered Klue to be interesting, she knew that and she felt an immense pride for her husband and his genius.

She nodded to Diamea's suggestion that a proper gymnasium was a welcome thing. "Whilst you are on Demios, my gymnasium is yours. Freely. Please, use it as you will" she said, quietly. But then Diamea stood up and Hay'aan watched her and smiled. "What you are doing there is a dance movement, not so much a gymnastic one. I can teach you to dance, if you wish, and for me the movement of dance and the movement of gymnastics are very closely linked. So too the movement of fighting. If you can dance, you can fight better, for they are both about balance and control. I will teach you if you like. Would you like that?" she asked, with a cheery smile at her young friend.
Old February 2, 2015, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Luminary

Hearing that a friend's face was welcome, Diamea was even happier, she was happy to be of help as Hay'aan was with her.

"I would love..." smiled wiedly Diamea as Hay'aan offered to teach her dancing "I think life isn't only about fighting... I fought until now... and I'll have to fight again but I want to learn something which isn't pure fighting..." she sipped from her glass "... I want to express myself... not only with my fighting..." she hope, or better she knew, Hay'aan would undestand what she mean.

Secrets of Foresight

Old February 3, 2015, 03:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan nodded her head and listened to Diamea speak. "I understand" she said, quietly. "And the thing for me is that dancing and swordsplay and gymnastics are intermingled. But what I do is not dancing the gaje way" stopping, she smiled at Diamea and shook her head "That means non-gypsy. I dance as a suwarlista, a spirit-touched gypsy from my kumpania, or group. We believe that each of us is touched by one of the five elements, I am touched by the fifth, spirit. So I dance differently, not fluid like water, or passionate like fire." she smiled at Diamea and shook her head. "I warn you, you will end up getting all sorts of rambling stories, I am famous for it" she added.

And then, she beamed. "But I will teach you happily. Did you see the workshop on the way in? The top floor of that is my dance studio and gymnasium, we can meet there each brightening and, as I said, you are welcome to use it whilst you are here." She was quite delighted to be able to help her friend, Hay'aan felt quite responsible for Diamea and she was glad to be able to help her out.

"Shall we start tomorrow? I can arrange some music for us, so that we will have things to dance to, and I will get you some bells for your ankles and wrists." she said, as though that was the most natural thing in the world to do.
Old February 4, 2015, 01:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea knew Hay'aan would understand; she listened closely to what Hay'aan said and asked herself what elements she will be connected to, she was eager to find it.

"Uhm... I saw it..." she nodded at her friend "I'm okay starting tomorrow... I don't anything else to do... for now..." smiled Diamea "... I can't wait to start... really..."

Secrets of Foresight

Old February 5, 2015, 04:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

And the next brightening, Hay'aan greeted her with a smile. "It is good to see you!" she said and she hugged Diamea. Then, without further ado, upstairs in the workshop where there was an open space for dancing, mirrored walls and Hay'aan had brought her gitaraseven stringed gypsy guitar and a box and a number of other things, hidden from Diamea's view.

"So, before we begin" Hay'aan said, with a grin "You will need to stretch as you do for gymnastics. Here are some strings of bells. These for your ankles, these your wrists and this one, your waist" she handed them to Diamea, and helped her to attach them if she wanted the help.

"Whilst you stretch, I will play and sing you the music that we are going to dance to" she said, most earnestly. b"Then, when we dance, I will sing, which will hopefully help. The bells should tinkle in time and unison to the music" she added and she waited to see if Diamea had any questions.

If she did not then she would move over and pick up the gitara, then she would start to play and sing the song they were going to dance to. Upbeat, positive and with a good strong beat, Diamea would discover that Hay'aan played and sang with her eyes shut. But as Diamea went through her stretches and warm up, Hay'aan would repeat the song so that Diamea had it in her head.

When her young friend was done stretching and warming up, Hay'aan would grin. "Ready?" she would ask.
Old February 6, 2015, 03:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Luminary

And the next brightening, Diamea came as they planned the day before. "Hello, Hay'aan..." smiled the dark-haired girl hugging her friend back.

The basement had so much thing inside, Diamea took a moment to look around amazed before following her friend upstairs.

She stood there as Hay'aan spoke and handed her the strings of bells; she managed to put them at her wrist and ankles but her waist needed some help from her friend.

"Ok..." smiled Diamea, she had a few question but they could await; then while Hay'aan started singing the music and the song, Diamea started her stretching routine. While stretching, she looked at her friend and saw her singing eyes shut "Interesting..." she thought with a smile while bending. She liked the song, very positive and Hay'aan sang it in an extraordinary way.

"Uhm... ready...." she had only one question that continued to flying in her head "How she move?" but thinking she decided to keep quiet and let her instinct follow the music and Hay'aan.

Secrets of Foresight

Old February 7, 2015, 08:20 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

With a chuckle, Hay'aan helped Diamea put the strings of bells on. "I forget sometimes how fiddly this can be" she said and she checked that Diamea was both comfortable and ready and then she played and sang for her friend. Then, once Diama was stretched and ready to go, Hay'aan grinned.

"So, let's start with, the notion of rhythmn. You need to be able to hear the base beat in the music and move with it. So, I will sing, and we will clap in time to the base beat. For the moment, just for a moment or two, we are going to dance in a circle, opposite each other so that you can see me. Moving in a circle, crossing your foot over left to right, first step cross in front, second step cross behind. We will clap hands as we move. To the beat of the music to keep the rhythmn, yes?"

She waited to see if Diama had any questions, which she would answer if she did and then she would start, singing and moving, showing Diamea what she meant if the young woman needed it. The thing which would become immediately apparent was that the strings of bells worked to both provide an accompaniment which sounded beautiful when it was right, but they also allowed both women to know if they went wrong, because the rhythmn was out. And so, Hay'aan would sing and clap and the bells would tinkle in the background, with different, slightly different tones for the bells at her wrists, ankles and waist.

And she watched Diamea and nodded encouragingly.
Old February 8, 2015, 02:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Luminary

Diamea did right awaiting to question, step by step Hay'aan was telling her what and how to do.

"Ok..." said between herself Diamea taking a deep breath; then she started to move, crossing her foot and clapping her hand. At first she struggled to understand the beat, all was blurry, but then, circling and moving, she started to hear the beat, done by the clapping and the bells.

At first she was insecure but soon she felt more at ease, clapping her hands and following the rhythm and the words sung by Hay'aan, a smile came over her face, returning the one of her friend.

Secrets of Foresight

Old February 8, 2015, 03:07 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

"Good!" Hay'aan said when the song was finished. "It is important that you hear the beat, because if you are out of step, out of synch, then it is something which is very obvious. In a dance, whatever kind of dance it is, you should end a move on the beat. Land your feet, clap your hands, extend your arms whatever it is, it should end on the beat." She would then get Diamea to practice, but travelling in the other direction. "We dance around the campfire both directions, and that is how my people dance. Around a campfire" she explained "And we believe that we must dance twice, once for life and once for death, for brightening and darkening, man and woman. Duality is all around us, so we believe" she said, and grinned.

When they had moved again around, Hay'aan nodded. "Good, now let's make it more interesting, shall we?" she asked and explained "Every third step, we will clap in a different position. So we clap high, then mid, then low" she gave an example, when she clapped high, it was above her head, mid was where they would normally clap and low was when she bent at the knee as she stepped, her legs almost touching the ground and her hands clapping with her fingertips nearly brushing the floor.

"That is a good way to get you moving more. Remember, the foot you are moving goes in front, then behind, so now you have an extra thing to think about. Ready?" she asked and smiled encouragingly at Diamea. And, singing to help the young woman keep time, she would do as she had bid Diamea to do, which would force her to move more quickly and with a greater consideration of what was coming. And she would, of course, go around once one way, then around in the opposite direction. Hay'aan would watch Diamea carefully, making any adjustments she needed or such.

"How did you find that?" she asked, when they were done.