Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 13, 2013, 11:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Notable

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Shriyk is a benevolent Adventurer

[Leap of Faith Inn]The best inspiration comes from artisans(Open,

OOCWill be visiting the Emerald Dragon Shrine to look at the woodwork as inspiration for personal home improvements. Max of 2 people joining.
It had been a quiet day of general house chores so what better way to finish it off than to have a rowdy drink at the local watering hole. Shriyk entered the Leap of Faith and approached the bar he called out to Bluloo the bartender, "Serale Bluloo, tonight Ill start with an ale im in no rush so when ever you are ready." As he waited for his drink Shriyk looked around the tavern at the other patrons. Nothing caught his eye during his quick glance around so he returned his attention to Bluloo. As he stood at the bar he began to ponder how he could improve the quality of the repairs to his home. "Perhaps if I was how to join wood properly I could figure out how to make my repairs more sturdy. But where could I find quality work to inspect? Maybe someone here could give me an idea of where to look."

My thoughts and words are unending.

CIR

Active threads 5.

Last edited by Shriyk; June 19, 2013 at 01:21 PM.
Shriyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2013, 01:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Citizen

Goran Ironfist is unknown and forgotten
Goran was at the bar himself, having already had three ales himself and working on his fourth. He watched the elf walk up, and met his eyes for a moment, before said elf moved on and the dwarf returned to his ale. Those shadow elves always were strange to him, though he admitted they had skilled smiths among their people.

"You got th' look of someone with more on his mind than just a good ale. I hope yer not lookin' for trouble here. That wouldn' go well for everyone." Goran may not have been there for a fight, but he had been in more than one bar brawl and was not afraid to defend himself. Everyone knew what happened when dwarves and elves got too drunk for reason.
Goran Ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19, 2013, 01:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Notable

As Shriyk sat there pondering his issue he heard a voice coming from down the bar. It belonged to a ginger dwarf. The dwarf looked like he had been drinking for a little while, so it would not be a good idea to provoke him.

"No, I'm not looking for trouble but I'll defend myself if need be. I was just thinking about the repairs I've been doing on my cottage. I need to find a way to make the joints cleaner and stronger. Perhaps if I could view work done by an artisan or master carpenter I could learn from it and improve my own work. You would happen to know of anywhere I could view such work would you?" Shriyk replied.

As he was talking his ale arrived. He began to drink, the dwarf was right this was good ale. At least that was common ground if nothing else they could chat about the ale.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old June 19, 2013, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Citizen

Goran Ironfist is unknown and forgotten
"Well, if yer th' adventurin' type, there's some sort of shrine here on th' island, but I'm not sure exactly where it is. Word is, th' craftsmanship is quite good though. Should be someone here who knows more than I do. It's called the Emerald Dragon Shrine."

The dwarf wondered about the work there himself. Perhaps it could give him some inspiration as a blacksmith, at least for the future. He was not sure if he would be able to go, if a group set out, but if he could, he would definitely need to watch out for any fighting. He wanted to be a blacksmith more than a fighter. But checking out something like this could prove too good a chance to pass up.
Goran Ironfist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 11:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Jace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious Superhero

The talking was nice, until a girl arrived to the Inn. She saw Goran and Shriyk and advanced towards them. She pulled Shriyk shirt and waited, with a silly smile on her lips.

The girl should have about 11 Ordinations, but she looked like 8. Her blue eyes and her red hair gave her a nice girl, she would be a beautiful woman when she grows up. She was not tall, but with around 1,36 meters...
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21, 2013, 01:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Notable

Shriyk continued to drink his ale and talked to the dwarf about the possibility of visiting the shrine to inspect it. First they would need to find someone who actually knew where it was but Shriyk was sure there would be someone who knew the way at the bar like the dwarf had suggested. And if not he could ask one of the town officials in the morning.

As the conversation continued he felt a tug on his sleeve. When he turned he saw a young girl standing there waiting for his attention. "Serale miss, arent you a little young to be visiting the tavern by yourself? What can I help you with?" He asked the smiling lass.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old June 23, 2013, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
The Mind Sculptor

Jace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious SuperheroJace is a glorious Superhero

The little girl blushed and took Shriyk's hand. She put a piece of paper there and screeched, and run away to the door, leaving both adventurers again with each others.

The paper had a big tree with a big hole drawn there...
Jace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24, 2013, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Notable

Shriyk examined the paper he didn't recognize the tree so called out to the girl "Wait what does this picture mean, why did you give it to me?" but as he looked around he couldnt see where she had run off to. So he turned to his drinking partner and asked."Do you know where this tree is or what the drawing means?"
"Perhaps she wants me to go there or maybe its just a drawing. Either way I'll either have to find this tree or find the girl to figure out why she gave me this picture" he thought while waiting for his drinking companion to reply.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old August 5, 2014, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Nell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious Superhero

Peer Moderation with permission from GM Indefinite

It appeared that Shriyk was being deserted on all sides. As he turned to address the dwarf, he would see the fellow waddling off too - likely to relieve himself of all the ale he'd consumed over the evening so far.

So, there was Shriyk, stood at the bar in the Leap of Faith tavern. Nearby the barkeep Bluloo was busy polishing up some of the mugs and other locals were coming in for an evening of drinking. Chatter, laughter and the sound of music from the stage surrounded the elf. He had an idea that he wanted to follow for improving his home, a suggestion given to look at one of the dragon shrines, and a piece of parchment in his hand that a kid had given him with no explanation.

Whatever he decided to do next, the world continued on around him.
Old August 5, 2014, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Notable

Shriyk decided to sit for a while longer. Perhaps the girl would return to explain what she was trying to tell him with the drawing. Anyway it would be rude to just disappear while the dwarf was gone. As he waited he looked around at the Inn the work here was sturdy nothing to brag about but it had stood the test of time better than his own cabin had. Hopefully the dwalf would return and explain how to get to this Emerald Dwarven Shrine though he could probably find other pilgrims to ask for directions. And so Shriyk waited and watched the other patrons slowly consuming his drink.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old August 6, 2014, 10:27 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Nell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious SuperheroNell L'Evienne is a glorious Superhero

The evening continued, the tavern now filling up with the remaining drinkers of the night: market stall holders who had finished packing up for the day; clerks looking to drink away the burdens of paperwork; those who were visiting the islands for whatever reasons one might. They came to the bar to orders drinks then found tables to sit and relax. No one bothered the eshlahier, although a few would give him a curious glance or two. After all, one didn't see many shadow elves in this town.

A full quarter of a candlemark had passed and the dwarf had not returned. The bartender sauntered over to Shriyk, giving him a friendly nod.

"You want that mug filling up again?" Bluloo asked with a cheeky smile.

The lutran was used to some patrons nursing the same drink for a long time. Sometimes they just wanted a place to sit in quiet away from the turmoil of life. Other times they simply didn't have the crowns for more than one drink. But occasionally it appeared to the lutran that they were deep in thought, too preoccupied to remember to drink what they had ordered.

"Something on your mind, pal?" he asked, deciding that this pale elf fell into that third catagory.
Old August 6, 2014, 11:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
Notable

Ah yes I shall have another. In regards to your other question well I have been thinking about how to improve my woodworking skills. The dwarf I was drinking with earlier suggested I have a look at the Emerald Dragon Shrine but I dont really know where it is or how to find it. Also a little girl gave me this. Shriyk replied as he showed the bartender the drawing of the tree.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old August 7, 2014, 11:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

Bluloo listened as he drew a second mug of ale from the barrel.

"The Emerald Dragon Shrine?" he echoed as he handed the foamy pint over to Shriyk. "It's in Weavers Wood. There's a trail leading to it, but yeah, if you don't know which trail to take over the others, I guess it could be hard to find. We get a few people staying here at the inn who come to Demios just to visit the shrines."

He smiled brightly at the elf as he leaned on the bar, one eyebrow raised at the childish drawing and making no comment on it.

"If you like you could join one of the tours. Am sure Thad won't mind. He don't charge much for guiding folk. He's taking a few of our visitors around the shrines in a couple brightening's time. I can add your name to the list, if you like, let him know you want to go to the Emerald dragon shrine in particular. Or you could try to find it yourself."
Old August 8, 2014, 10:57 PM   #14 (permalink)
Notable

"Ahh the Weaver Woods, Ive had a bit of fun out their with all the um wildlife nothing I couldnt handle tho. But yes I think the offer for a guide would be quite nice. No point wandering around trying to guess the correct route if someone can just lead me there. Perhaps I can convince him to give me a private tour leaving tomorrow. If not just add me to the other tour." Shriyk replied as he reached for his second drink.

CIR

Active threads 5.
Old August 9, 2014, 08:39 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Bluloo smiled knowingly as Shriyk referred to the wildlife of Weavers Woods and then nodded his head.

"Think Thad's busy already tomorrow," he replied. "I'll get you added to the list then. What's your name, pal?"

And when such had been given, Bluloo continued, "Smashing. Be at the front of the inn at the ninth candlemark the brightening after tomorrow. Thad'll be the one in the red hat and with a staff. Can't miss him."

Two brightenings later, the suns were shining brightly on the town. It had rained during the night so the ground was still wet in the shade of the buildings and a few puddles had yet to dry up.

Outside the Leap of Faith Inn, a small group were gathering, primarily visitors to the islands. A human couple who appeared to be newly weds, or at least still in the first flush of love by the way they were holding hands and making eyes at each other, loitered by the doorway. A little apart was an elderly light elf who was dressed more for the winter season than the summer. Although he had a walking cane, he appeared to still be very sprightly for his age. Finally, a family of cethers with dark curly hair made up the group, the parents blithely ignoring the three children who were playing a game of chase.

It was just after the ninth candlemark and so far the promised guide was no where to be seen.