Old September 16, 2012, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Sylag is an upstanding Citizen
[Deimos Shipyard] Looking at the ships.

Sylag had been walking through Deimos and found himself back at the sea but looking at the shipyard. The dwarf watched the ships and the ways. The people moving around constantly and the work. Sylag had found a section of wall and was watching the scene with interest. Hopefully by being next to wall the dwarf would be out of the way of the frenized movement and activities.

Being a dwarf Sylag's opinion of the was not a plesant one concerning water passages but the young dwarvish exile admired hard work especially the work of craftman. The young dwarf didn't understand why you would want to use wood. Stone lasts longer and is more durable. Stone doesn't burn like wood."Yes stone is more durable but I know what happens if you put stone in water. It sinks very fast. "Sylag said thinking out loud. Still there should be a way to make more durable and more like stone becuse stone is such a superior matieral"

As the dwarf watched he pondered on that thought of making wood more like stone. Sylag turned that thought over in his mind. Sylag examined it from different perspectives. If he made a ship out of stone it would be to heavy. As soon as the ship was launched it would sink. If the Vessel managed to stay afloat how would the ship move. Would the sails the dwarf could see would they be up to the task of moving a vessel encrusted with stone.

Last edited by Sylag; September 16, 2012 at 11:21 PM.
Sylag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24, 2012, 05:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Former Staff

Timbits is a benevolent Adventurer
It seemed there was nothing overly interesting going on at the port this early in the brightening. People were coming and going throughout the various business's and wagons were being pushed along the roadways.

But just as the dwarf pondered about the applications of stone in the ocean he would hear a large cracking sound from his left near where the shipyards were. The frame of a large ship under construction made the loud snap as the timbers crashed against the ground.
Timbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 6, 2012, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Sylag is an upstanding Citizen
If Sylag had to guess nothing of interest was going on at the docks. In fact there was just the normal days activities. People were coming and going and wagons were rolling through the docks area. Freight was being moved and constant business.

Sylag went back to pondering about making ships less fragile. Suddenly the day was interrupted by a sudden crash. Sylag turned toward the sudden noise. A large ship under construction to the dwarfs left crashed to the ground. "my point exactly wood is to fragile. Stone wouldn't have broken like that but stone can crack" Sylag said musingly. Sylag headed over to see if anybody had been hurt and maybe see why the ship had fallen.
Old November 12, 2012, 12:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Former Staff

Timbits is a benevolent Adventurer
As Syleg approached the damaaged area he could see several people going to get timber to use as leverage in order to prop up the damaged frame again. After all they would need to repair the underhall so it would not sink in the water the moment she was launched.

One of the younger sailors stopped and looked at the dwarf. "Need something shorty?" he retorted with a grin.

PC Retirement?I noticed your signature says retired, please let me know if you want to continue with this as per our discussion. I will remove it from my sub list until I hear back from you. Thanks!
Timbits is offline   Reply With Quote