Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10, 2010, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Steel
Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

Like a beautiful sunrise and on to a beautiful green pasture... [private Niven]

TS: 21st of Ponutis Era XVIII Post fractum

The brightening could have been colder, but not by much at least for Demios. The suns lit up the steps and the front of his beach side home causing the clean surface to reflect the light of the sun and make the place glow, well not quite like Aetheria, but pretty close for Telath. The place looked radiant and it mirrored he souls he knew lived there.

Dante bounded up the steps to his villa taking them two at a time. As he reached the door he pushed it open and called out, "Serale! I'm back!" Dante called out to the echoing silence of the house. He couldn't contain his excitement at who he had hoped would be waiting for him. Yes the dracon loved his children and was always eager to see them, but he had an extra special visitor this season, one he hoped would be around for a long while... and no he wasn't talking about the Vagran.

Old December 10, 2010, 09:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

It was still early in the brightening, but Niven was already up and dressed. She'd had every intention to take Juno for a long walk on the beach before coming back and helping Kala get Rosyun on the table for the kids. Niven had washed up and dressed in her green dress and was brushing her hair while thinking about how much she was enjoying her time with Dante's children when she heard his voice boom into the quiet house.

Dropping her brush, Niven tore from her room, her feet barely touching the floor, down the stairs and into the arms of the dracon she'd missed so much. She wrapped her arms around his neck like a death grip and never wanted to let go. It didn't matter to her that Dante wasn't in a more receptive seeming for affection, Niven was just glad he was home safe and sound.

'Safe.' That reminded her. Niven released her grip on her beau and shoved him back, her emerald eyes flashing with anger "How dare you go up against the Thorns and not tell me," she spat at him, her anger and fear all coming out at once. She beat her tiny ineffectual fists against his chest. "Do you have any idea what could have happened to you?! To us?!" Niven's eyes welled up with tears. She had been so frightened for him when Carnasch had told her what they had been doing and she'd told Kala, but otherwise kept it to herself, bottled up, and worried for him every moment of everyday. Niven sank to the floor in front of Dante, her hands covering her face and her sobs wracking her whole body. Every emotion she'd felt for the past cycles was coming out at once.

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5

Last edited by Niven; December 11, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old December 10, 2010, 10:20 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious SuperheroDante Asunder is a glorious Superhero

A more pleasant reception Dante couldn't imagine. He felt like he had been in darkness for an age and finally was able to see the sun again. He was the water starved man in the desert finally finding water. The starved man who was given a feast. The person he wanted to see most on all of Telath was in his arms and he was complete. He absorbed the smell of her, the warmth, the obvious caring. He held her tight never wanting to let go wishing he was in a seeming she didn't mind kissing so he could do that as well.

Then she pushed away from him with a force that clearly expressed her desire to be released. Stepping away although with his arms still outstretched towards her. Confusion was clearly evident on his face. Her normally inviting green eyes flashed with dangerous lightning, they almost seemed to change color from the open creamy jade they normally were to a reflective emerald surface that didn't let him in. His shock at her knowing what he had been doing was absorbed in the fact that she spat?! at him then beat upon his chest with her dainty beautiful fists. If she wasn't so upset he would have found it amusing.

He looked down at her feeling helpless, sure he'd probably kill Carnacsh later for saying anything to her, making her worry like this, but it was his fault. He'd always tried to keep his family and especially the woman of his affection out of the more dangerous parts of his life. He knew why he hadn't told Niven, because if he had he knew that she would have either stopped him or tried to come with him. That was unthinkable. He couldn't put her in a situation like that and it was a situation that needed to be dealt with. The problem was that now she knew and Dante couldn't keep things like this from her anymore. He didn't like involving her, but he couldn't, wouldn't be the cause of her feeling like this again.

He bent down and picked her up. He was sure, in spite of the early hour, that someone would hear the racket soon and he didn't want anyone to see her so upset. He felt loved, that was certain, but he also felt ashamed. "How could I do this to someone I love?" The sad thing was that he still wouldn't tell his kids, but the woman who owned his heart? She deserved the truth.

"Niven. I'm sorry. I..."
he hoped that she would at least realize why he had done it. Would she have worried less if he had told her? He didn't think so. "I won't keep anything from you again. I swear." He didn't know if she would meet his eyes. He didn't know if she would let him carry her, but he would try. And he was such that he didn't mind getting his ass kicked a little by the most wonderful woman in creation just to prove how he felt about her.

While he carried his beloved he grounded his psychic energy and sent a message to Kala, "I need to tend to Niven. She isn't feeling well so I need you to keep the kids away for a bit. If they ask if I am here tell them I will see them as soon as possible."

Old December 10, 2010, 11:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Having exhausted herself crying and sobbing, Niven was almost as limp as a rag doll as Dante scooped her up off the floor. She had no more energy to fight him, so she just rested her blond head upon his shoulder and allowed him to carry her where he wanted to. Her eyes remained closed, even when Dante spoke. Every few moments, Niven would give a slight breathing spasm as she tried to catch her breath.

It would take her almost a quarter of a candlemark before she was calm again. Once she had reached that state of calm she would slowly open her eyes, which had now softened considerably, and stare into Dante's face. She managed a weak smile. Niven just felt drained, drained of every negative emotion in her body, but she was still happy to have him back with her. Reaching out to him, she cupped his face in her hand, tenderly resting it there. "I'm glad you're back," she said, speaking so softly she was hardly audible.

When she felt she had regained enough strength and colour had returned to her face, Niven looked deep into Dante's eyes, searching them for answers. "Tell me everything that happened," she requested of him. She had already been made aware that he had been badly injured, so that would not be a surprise. It was how that might make her more upset at this point.

CIR | SoF

Last edited by Niven; December 11, 2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old December 11, 2010, 12:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante held her close, not wanting to let her go. He felt so alert, so protective. It was difficult for him to wrap his mind around being the one who she needed protection from. He was the one who hurt her. She was his love, his angel and this is what he had done to her. After everything she had done for him, he had made her suffer. He thought he had had a difficult time, three cycles without her, but she had had to deal with this last entire cycle wondering if he was even alive thanks to Carnasch and his big mouth. "No!" Dante chided himself "It was my fault for not telling her in the first place." He wasn't going to put the blame for his faults at the feet of others.

He gently carried her, still enjoying her closeness, but having the whole experience tainted by his own stupidity. She didn't seem to be responding to him so he stopped babbling. He carried her to the master bedroom and laid her gently upon the bed. Turning about he went and locked the door behind him. Worried he then returned to her side and taking the hand closest to him he knelt next to the bed and awaited Niven's recovery.

It wasn't too long, only a half candlemark before she seemed to recover at least enough to take his face in her hands and inform him how she was glad he was back. The color started to come back into her face and Dante breathed a sigh of relief. He hadn't even realized he was so tense, but every fiber of his being had been so fraught with concern it was like his whole body ached. He could feel the tension in his body, which had been causing his muscles to cramp, to slowly start to leave his body.

Then she looked deep in his eyes and asked him to tell her everything. "Everything?" he asked. He didn't need her to answer for he saw the truth of it in her eyes it matched the ache he felt in his heart for the pain he had caused her. "Alright my love," sighing he began reluctantly. "I was born in Aelyria Prime. I'm not sure how long ago. I haven't really been able to keep track." Tears, actual tears, built up in his eyes; "When I was about 5 ordinations old I was playing in the front room of my parents house when suddenly light appeared outside, abnormal light, like a false sunrise." His voice lost him for a second as he continued, "It was torches. I didn't see any of their faces, but my father checked the front door and got scared. He told my mother to take me to the back rooms. As she did I heard a horrible breaking sound, like wood being crushed and turned to see my father impaled upon a spear that had been thrown through the window." It was the normally strong dracon's turn to shake with emotion, "My mother screamed and turned into the kitchen. She forced me out of the kitchen through the tiny back window... she couldn't fit. She kept screaming at me to run, but I was too scared. I could only stand there as the building burned with her still inside. I was too weak... I couldn't... I mean... there was nothing I could do. I wanted to, but..." He stopped for a moment, lost in the horror of that moment. The flames, the fear, the horror of the moments flickered back and forth in his eyes as if he could still see it before him.

Unless she stopped him eventually Dante recovered and was ready to continue, in the interest of telling her the complete truth...

Last edited by Dante Asunder; December 11, 2010 at 01:29 AM.
Old December 11, 2010, 10:32 AM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Even while at the point of exhaustion, Niven found it so incredibly comforting being in Dante's strong arms. Sure, she had been very angry with him, him going and trying to get himself killed, but he was here and he was alive and that was really all that mattered now. Her head against his chest, she could hear his heartbeat and that was the most comforting of all.

He was so gentle, as he carried her to the bedroom and laid her out on the bed. Niven heard him lock the door and come back. She felt his warm claw take her hand and if she'd had the energy, she would have felt bad for worrying him like this. This was not her intention. This was not how she'd pictured their reunion. And she'd certainly had no idea that keeping all of her emotions stuffed so far down inside would sap all of her energy when they all came spilling out.

Once she'd opened her eyes, had this been any other point in time, Niven might have been curious and looked around to take in what Dante's bedroom looked like. But right now she was too focused on regaining her strength and comforting the man she loved. He looked so concerned and then relief flooded his features. Niven felt a rush of emotion for him and it was what brought the colour back to her face.

Once he started speaking, confusion clouded Niven's features. What was he talking about? She started to shake her head and would have stopped him, but he seemed to want to tell her and, in all honesty, once he'd started she was captivated.

When he paused and his expression went vacant, like he was reliving the events again in his mind, Niven gave his claw a comforting gentle squeeze. She hadn't realized that the pain that Dante'd had in his life since she'd known him barely scratched the surface. Giving him a sympathetic smile, she encouraged him to continue. He needed to tell her everything and she was ready to listen to it all.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 02:00 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eternal

The warm squeeze of the hand pulled Dante out of his trance. The loving look on her face, the concern in her eyes the emotions flooded into him and the tortured soul of the remembered night disappeared behind his eyes for the time being as they windows to his heart reflected the love he had for the woman before him. He carefully put the back of her hand to his face, closing is eyes at the relief he felt from her touch.

Raising his eyes to hers he gave a weak smile. "You sure you want me to keep going?" The look in her eyes spoke volumes. Nodding he kept his eyes locked on hers, "I was out on the streets of course. I had to hide most of the time, especially during the day and..." shame filled his voice "...scrounge through the trash for food." He shook his head and his snout curled in disgust as he looked away for a moment at the memory.

Meeting her eyes again he continued, "Eventually I was able to change my seeming into that of a human boy so could go out during the brightening. I found my self running with a crowd of fellow orphans. That worked for awhile, but finally I decided I needed to get a fresh start, try something new... after all my parents didn't raise me to be a ruffian and I wouldn't dishonor their memory by being street trash my whole life..." His face took on a distant look as he remembered fondly his time in Tyrsvale. "I moved to the township of Tyrsvale, called Tearsvale, at the time. Have you been there?"

After getting a response he continued, "Anyway I started doing odd jobs for people there. It is a quaint farming village and I found myself helping in fields and things. Eventually I taught myself to read and write and earned enough to buy a little place in the town proper. I met..." He looked at Niven not sure if she would want to hear about his past relationships. "You probably don't want to hear about this huh?"

Last edited by Dante Asunder; February 1, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old December 11, 2010, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

As he looked into her eyes as he spoke, Niven couldn't have torn hers away from him if she'd wanted to. She was enraptured by his words, his story. Niven wasn't sure why she hadn't heard this before. Perhaps because she'd never asked. She knew little bits and pieces, things he had shared with her, some good and some bad, but she'd never heard it all pieced together like he was going to do for her now.

Some of his past Dante was obviously ashamed of, but he would never find judgment in her creamy jadeThank-you for this :D eyes. They were clear of anything but love, understanding, and complete acceptance. She was already aware that he'd had a troubled past, but she also knew that one should never despise humble beginnings as they often inspire greatness. And Niven was sure there was nothing in the world that could ever make her think less of the man kneeling before her.

At his first question, Niven shook her head, no, she'd never been to Tyrsvale. She looked at Dante as he spoke of it and it seemed to be fond memory for him and she thought, maybe one day, he might like to return. She smiled as he told her of how he'd worked and taught himself to read and write. A swelling of pride for him rose up within her and it showed on her face, which was now completely back to normal.

Her strength now having returned for the most part, Niven raised herself into a sitting position on the bed, her back against the headboard. The timing in which she did this coinsided with Dante's question as to if she wanted to hear more. "No, no, don't stop," she said. She gave him another encouraging smile as she took his claw with both of her hands and held it on her lap. She waited for him to continue.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 05:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Eternal

The dracon looked back at the woman he loved, pulling himself up onto the edge of the bed in a sitting position. "You are alright now angel?" he said holding firmly onto her hand, the creamy jadeYour welcome :D of her eyes filled him with warmth and made his heart race. He was surprised that she wanted to hear about his past relationships, that wasn't what he had been led to believe regarding the nature of most women, but then again Niven wasn't most women. She was an angel on Telath and Dante was starting to believe Diana had personally sent her to him to heal his soul.

Kissing the back of her hand he continued his tale, "I met a young woman. Human," he stated by way of clarification. "She was the daughter of one of the local farmers I had been working for. We were quickly enamored with each other and..." he swallowed nervously embarrassment obvious on his face in spite of her reassuring look. "I let things go too far. Shortly after she told me she thought she was pregnant she got sick. It wasn't anything abnormal I don't think. Just a flu, but as winter set in she took a turn for the worse. If she was pregnant she hadn't started to show before she passed on to Aetheria."

There was an undeniable sorrow to his voice as he looked down for a moment, "I've often wondered how my life would have turned out had she not died. Probably be a farmer in Tyrsvale or something still posing as a human." Pausing and turning to Niven again with a teary eyed, but sincere smile he stated; "Of course I wouldn't have met you and that is a terrifying thought to be sure." His eyes showed the depth of feeling he had for Niven. Where they had been only a look of pity for the girl who had been called to Aetheria while still in her youth, they filled with love when looking at Niven. "I would have done the honorable thing by her, but I don't think I would ever have been truly happy. Not like I am with you. We were two immature youths infatuated with each other, nothing more." There was a slight hint of regret in his voice, so perhaps they had been slightly more; but the emotion didn't reach his eyes for more than a moment and that reflection would of course had included regret about his unborn child.

Of course the dracon was worried about how Niven would feel about all this. She was such a wonderful person she deserved someone she could have full confidence in. That included feeling reassured that their heart was truly hers. Niven deserved that peace of mind and Dante would do anything to assure that she had it. "Perhaps I've burdened you enough this brightening? I don't want you worrying again."

Old December 11, 2010, 06:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Nodding to the affirmative, Niven settled into the pillows behind her. She was glad to have him now sitting on the bed as well. She understood why, but was not entirely comfortable with him in such a semi-recumbent position with her looking down at him. She preferred them as equals, for that's how she saw them.

As Dante spoke of his relationship with the human girl, Niven's brow furrowed in concern. It was only natural that Dante would have past relationships, but why this one ended was of great interest to her. As he finished, Niven's expression changed from one of interest to one of sorrow. "I'm sorry," she said, sincerely, and she was. It hurt her heart to know that he had lost someone else and in such a way. How she died would be something Niven would file away in her brain to talk to Dante about at a later date.

When he teared up, Niven reached forward and gently caressed his face with one of her hands and she teared up as well. She was feeling everything he was as well. It was as if her heart was already linked to his and they shared pain and joy as if they were the same person. She smiled through her tears as he spoke of how terrible it was if he would never have met her. She could see the love he had for her in his eyes, and she was sure he could see her love for him in hers.

Nodding, Niven knew without a doubt that Dante would have married her if she'd lived. It was simply the man that he was. He was honourable and true and she loved him even more for it.

At Dante's concern for her, she smiled. Shaking her head, she replied, "It is not a burden to share ourselves with someone we care for. Do not be concerned that your past worries me. It is your past. It is what shaped you into the person that is before me that I feel so strongly for. If you do not mind, I wouldn't mind if you continued." She gave him a tender and reassuring smile.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 09:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante couldn't help it. She was too sweet, too understanding, and when she caressed his face his heart race and his stomach flipped. He leaned in close and attempted to place a kiss on her beautiful lips. He knew that he was in his dracon form, but he didn't think she would mind. How could she? There was nothing but love and admiration in her eyes. She was an angel of Aetheria and Dante refused to believe she would be as judgmental as his last relationship. Besides it wasn't as if he was a saurid or something, he could still kiss someone... technically.

Dante brushed the back of his hand against her beautiful face putting her hair behind her ear as he rotated his wrist and gently combed the back of his claws through her hair. His eyes locked with hers and he drank her in, the smell of her, her smile, the reflection of the sun off her skin, the creamy jade in her eyes. His breath caught and his throat tightened. It was now or never, if she refused his kiss he would understand. Heavens he didn't even like kissing dracons, but it would be a powerful statement to him about her feelings.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante nodded to his beloved, "Very well." He smiled at her then sighed, "Shortly there after I decided to move to Diana. I had never been overly religious before, but one brightening while sitting in an abandoned and dilapidated Cathedral I prayed to Diana for guidance. I felt that I should go to the city of her name sake and start over. So I did. Just out of curiosity I went to the Tower of Serenity and checked to see if I could use arcana. Turns out I could and with the aid of some skills I developed in Tyrsvale I started a new life." He chuckled for a moment, "Believe it or not a pixie, an old pixie by the name of Benicio Tolbin convinced me to wear my dracon seeming. He told me that I shouldn't be ashamed of who I am. I started wearing the dracon seeming and developing dracon skills, like gliding, claw fighting, the call, even improved my shape shifting. Finally I took a job as a reporter with the local paper."

He swallowed nervously again, "It was during my training at the tower that I met Hatorania..." He coughed nervously and cleared his throat. He somehow doubted she wanted to hear about this so he gave her his raised eyebrow look. "You don't want to hear this right?"

Old December 12, 2010, 10:46 AM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Dante leaned in towards her and Niven instinctively knew what was going to transpire and blushed. Not because she was nervous, but because she was happy. She felt so lucky to have someone so affectionate with her. She closed her eyes as he ran his claw gently through her hair and brought her face to his. She'd no idea how to kiss a dracon, but it didn't matter. She'd figure it out. Her soft pale pink lips brushed where she thought his might be and lingered for a few moments.

When she pulled back she looked at him a little nervously, wondering if she had done it right. It didn't matter to her that he didn't look like an elf or a human or the Katta that she knew he could look like, but she was completely self conscious that she'd somehow messed up. She knew how it was done in his other seemings. This type of affection in this seeming was new to her.

~~~~~

Leaning back against the pillows and headboard again, Niven nodded as Dante continued and she smiled when he did as he spoke of the pixie who gave him the confidence to be who he was and not pretend so much. "I'm glad," she commented, giving him a warm smile.

Then he started looking nervous again and Niven furrowed her brow. She almost laughed in relief when he revealed that it was talking about Hatorania that made him so uneasy. It was very sweet of him to continually make sure that her feelings were being considered before he spoke. "I want to hear everything you want to share," she said tenderly, giving him a reassuring smile. She was already aware of how that relationship ended and, by the look in Dante's eyes when he looked into her own, she wasn't concerned that he was still carrying a torch for her. If she hadn't been sure of that, she never would have allowed their relationship to get to this point.

oocSorry if it doesn't make sense. It's been a crazy morning and I was very distracted

CIR | SoF

Last edited by Niven; December 15, 2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old December 12, 2010, 02:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

YouTube - Russell Watson - When I Fall In Love [HD]
oocsorry about the length

Dante's heart raced, his skin tingled. Niven's touch electrified him, amazed him, made his blood boil. Her blush had worried him for a moment, afraid that she might not want to engage in such an activity, but she didn't resist as he pulled her to him and put her lips to his draconic ones. She seemed nervous, but he tried to melt the nervousness out of her with his gentle touch. It wasn't the same as a kiss between two soft skins, but she was graceful and angelic and Dante still felt the emotion she held for him.

Dante looked at the woman before him, of course with love on his face, but something more, surprise. Never before in his living memory had a woman kissed him in his dracon form. He hadn't felt an affinity for those of his own kind. He hadn't been around those that called themselves Diantar much and his parents were the only Moraden's he knew. Their tragic end had deterred him from ever making a relationship with any draconess he had met. Most important to his current mindset though was that he had always been around the light races, concealing himself among them. His interaction with those races (the soft skins as the were called by the few dracon Dante had known and Dante could attest that Niven's skin was indeed entoxicatingly soft) is what attracted him to the females of those races. That said since assuming a more Diantar mentality the dracon had been carrying with him the lingering question of whether any woman he loved would be able to stand him in his dracon seeming, at least enough that she would kiss him. He had just received his answer.

Whatever final worries Dante may have had, had there been any, evaporated in a puff of love and adoration. He pulled Niven close again and embraced her. He had to hold her, hold her tight in his arms and feel her closeness. Dante had known her for several eras, she had been there through some of the most difficult trials in his life and had patiently and in a caring manner stayed his friend even after he had revealed to her what resided in the dark corners of his soul. The emotions that had grown inside him since having met her he had repressed for a long time, because it was his nature to do the honorable thing. He wouldn't have abandoned Hatorania, but after what happened Niven had still been his friend and stuck by him through his emotional healing. Having recovered he let his feeling for her out and now he felt a fool for having tried to hide them in the first place. They flooded throughout his being and gave him a joy in life that he hadn't known before. Niven's kiss upon his dracon lips made him realize that life would be an empty nothing without her. If she wasn't in his life he might live, but he wouldn't want to.

He didn't try to take things any farther, pursue anything more physical, he just held her. He had to. His heart demanded it of Dante and the dracon was sure that if he didn't comply it would stop in protest. He had to feel her warmth, her love seep into him and warm his own dark and damaged soul. She was his savior and his light, without her the world would be a dark lonely labyrinth of confusion and emptiness. He just didn't want to let her go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dante grinned at her statement, "Well I don't want to worry you more. I've... had run ins with people. You know of the Thorns, but there have been many other groups as well. I think you need to hear about them." A look of fear took hold of Dante's features. He knew Niven was brave, but he had stepped on the toes of a lot of potentially dangerous groups. He wasn't looking to the future at the time, he just did what he thought was right, but now that he was sitting in this room with his future he was scared for her. Scared she might be hurt, scared someone might do something to her to get back at him, scared that she might do something dangerous to try and help him. Interestingly enough he never once was afraid that she might leave him because of the danger. It never entered his mind.

"When I first went to the Tower of Serenity to learn arcana I was in my normal human seeming. I saw a pretty elf receptionist there that I flirted with and asked out. She and I hit it off and we started dating, but I hadn't told her that I was a dracon. While this was going on I, in my dracon seeming, had gotten a job as a reporter at the Divine News and Gossip. I still give them stories sometimes... anyway while I was trying to find my way as a dracon tragedy struck the city. A statue of Diana just started to crumble and the populace saw it as a sign of impending doom. The governor sent out a call for aide in investigating the situation and many people volunteered including myself." There was no pride nor arrogance in his voice. It was just a simple statement of facts. This is what had happened and it needed, in his opinion, to be shared with the woman he loved. "I was part of a task force, separate from the marshal in charge of the investigation. Our small group, through our investigation, discovered a smuggling ring which we infiltrated and brought to justice."

"Shortly thereafter I happened to be within the Draco of Diana when a large fire broke out, I think I told you a little of this before in our discussion of Aerista Serianne, the ex-archprelate. Anyway taking it upon myself I started tailing a suspicious character who, rather than fleeing from the Draco with everyone else seemed to be looking to hide within it. I followed him into one of the abandoned mansions of the area and found a Cult of Haya. It turned out they were responsible for the arson. I convinced one of the members of the group, a female elf who had somehow turned herself into a dracon, to tell her story to the Vigils. While getting her out of the mansion the one responsible for planning and carrying out the arson attacked us with his group of misfits. The spell holding the woman in dracon form was reversed by the group leader and the pain of the transformation made it impossible for us to flee, so I did the only thing I could..." He looked a little nervous at her recollecting quite clearly her last reaction to him putting himself in danger "...I challenged him to single combat. Surprisingly I trounced him quite thoroughly and his followers fled in fear." Dante pulled his short sword from its scabbard and handed it to her hilt first. "I claimed this for my victory," he said without emotion, or perhaps he was holding some back. "Unfortunately the elf was unable to survive her transformation back, in spite of my limited thaumaturgical skills." He pulled a chain out from underneath his robe and showed Niven the large gem medallion attached to it, "She gave me this as she expired. Don't know what it is, but I know there is an enchantment about it. I've always used it as a sort of good luck charm." Although it was obvious he felt bad about the fate of the elf from his past, Dante smiled at Niven enjoying the time they were spending alone together.

Last edited by Dante Asunder; December 12, 2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old December 12, 2010, 07:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

All her insecurities melted away as Dante pulled her close again. He seemed overly jubilant about something and she wasn't quite sure what, but she didn't really seem to mind. She was content to just be happy because he was happy. Plus, it seemed that she hadn't done such a bad job kissing a dracon after all and that was very comforting.

It wasn't hard for her lose herself in his embrace. She enjoyed the closeness, just being held and she sighed happily. There was such security that she felt in his arms, like nothing in the world could ever happen to her, and she'd missed being there. If he could look at her face he would find nothing but a look of peace and happiness.

~~~~

Shaking her head at his concern for worrying her more, Niven just smiled at him. She was fully aware that the chances of Dante's life settling to the point where he would no longer be plagued by organizations such as the Thorns was slim to none, and there was most likely always going to be the chance of danger. But to Niven that just made the relationship just that much more worth fighting for.

Dante didn't seem to linger on the topic of Hatorania and Niven didn't pry. As she had told him to, he would tell her what he wanted when he wanted to. And she was ok with that. Perhaps another time.

Niven nodded as Dante re-told her the story he'd told her when he'd given her a tour of Diana, they same day they'd realized their feelings for each other. She hadn't understood half of what he had been saying that day so it was good to be told the story a second time so she understood. This time she was extremely saddened by the ending. Niven reached out to inspect the gem medallion. It was very pretty, to be sure. Niven, though being an elf, knew little of enchantments and arcana, and so took Dante's word for it. When he told her it brought him good luck, she leaned forward and kissed it. "For extra luck," she said, smiling brightly.

CIR | SoF

Old December 12, 2010, 08:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal

Dante took both of her hands staying close to her. "Your love is all the luck I need now," he whispered softly giving her a quick peck on the lips. He released her with one hand to caress the side of her face. He took her free hand again with his again.

"Well to continue the story," he said with a smirk. "I started resorting to past illegal activities." His countenance fell again, "You know that story already." He didn't expound. Niven had helped him to forgive himself, but he didn't want to relive the experience. "It was about this time that I told Hatorania about me being a dracon. She didn't seem to mind me being a dracon, but she never felt comfortable getting close to me when I was in the dracon seeming. Not one kiss," his eyes sparkled as he said this. Dante's soul filled with love for the woman whose hands he was holding. She not only accepted him as a dracon, but wasn't afraid to prove it. He found his heart racing again and Niven would definitely feel and increase in the warmth of his hands.

He placed a gentle kiss on the back of each of her hands before continuing again, "I'd say the next big event in my life was the riots in Diana. The church went broke, someone embezzled their entire treasury and the city was in turmoil. Legionnaires entered the city and began slaughtering everyone in the Basilica, vigils, priests, government officials, it didn't matter. After making sure Hatorania was alright I help the Lt. Governor get out of the city and she was able to get help and finally order was restored, thanks in part to Aerienne Sarista. Believe it or not, but she donated her entire considerable fortune to the church. It saved the Church of Faith and put them back on their feet."

He knew he was getting off track so shook his head a little waving his hand, "Anyway, sorry no tangents. I've made you endure enough of my life story already." He gave her a pleasant smile and sighed contentedly. "So shortly after the riots I was hired by house Leonard as a master of security. I did several assorted jobs for them." He gave her a serious look, "Those I can't tell you about. It is private business for them and I swore an oath." Dante assumed Niven would understand that, but if not he would try to explain further. Of course that saved him from subjecting Niven to some of the most dangerous parts of his life, although there were a few unrelated incidents he felt needed sharing.

"Of course my relationship with the Leonards is what got me started in the fishing business. I started in Demios and found Meeko shortly thereafter. Have I told you how I found her?" he assumed he had, but he couldn't remember. If she didn't know Dante had to tell her. He couldn't not tell Niven about how he found one of his children. Hopefully he could think of the kids as 'their children' soon. The thought made him smile large.

Closed Thread