Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 9, 2010, 10:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch is a famous HeroCarnasch is a famous Hero
Good Things Come in Large Packages (Private)

TS: 2nd of Ponutis

Carnasch made his way through the crowded city streets, his usual bubble of space created by his size and appearance disipated quickly with the number of them, and he felt slightly claustrophobic for a moment. He took a deep breath and pressed on, although keeping an eye on his belonging. Despite his steps towards civility, he still did not trust city folk within arms reach.

The Vagaran finally made his way up to the address he was trying to find, a nice looking villa that he found to be far to oustentatous for his tastes, but Dante had a larger family than he himself did, and far more money. Either way, he walked up to the door and knocked loudly.

If he had the right address then he would get to see another long lost freind, Niven, and Kala too though she was more of an aquaintance than a freind. He waited patiently by the door, although if no one answered then he would go turn himself into a tree or perhaps an animal. If no one answered, he decided on a tree, a tall pine. Blue Spruce to be exact, the ones that have the blue-green needles, almost the color of the sea.

If the door was answered, his actions would of course be different.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.

Last edited by Carnasch; December 9, 2010 at 11:15 PM.
Carnasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2010, 11:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Moving around the house, doing some light cleaning while the family and Kala were from home, Niven was humming to herself and thinking about how fortunate she was to be spending the winter not only in a much warmer climate that she would have if she'd stayed in Diana as she had originally planned, but with the lovely family of her beau, Dante Asunder. Of course, Dante was far too busy to be able to spend the entire winter with them, and as much as she missed him, Niven was pleased to have this time for her to get to know the children much better and them her.

A loud knock on the door broke Niven out of her reverie. She put down the dusting cloth she was using and moved towards the front door. It was strange that someone was knocking. Niven hadn't been told to expect a visitor and none of the family would have knocked. Trying to think of possible people who could be calling, Niven put her hand on the handle of one of the large double doors and opened the door. What she found surprised her so much she could have been knocked over by a feather.

"C-C-Carnasch?" Niven stammered, not believing that her old friend was standing opposite to her. "Oh my goodness, it's really you!" A smile spread across the elf's pretty face and she literally jumped into her friends arms (hoping he'd catch her), wrapping hers around his neck and giving him the biggest hug a small elf could give a Vagaran. Releasing him from her death grip hug, Niven stepped back and gave her friend a once over. He had some new scars that she didn't remember and one of his eyes was a very odd colour blue, but he was still alive and she was thrilled to see him. "What are you doing here?" she asked, moving aside and gesturing that he should come inside. "Is Gus with you?"

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10, 2010, 03:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hero

"Ser-" Carnasch got that much out before being glomped, and having to catch Niven. "-mmph!" It wasnt like she was heavy or anything, it was just a surprize. And of course in order to actually get her arms around his neck, she had to hang a little ways off the ground, even more so if her head was next to his. It wasnt hard though, since he was helping to hold her up.

To her surprize when she let go she didnt immediatly drop to the ground, since Carnasch was a second or two behind her, and then he set her down. And then she looked about him for Gus but he answered, "No, Gus isn't here. Im still working out the kinks in Grove Transport, then Ill start working on bringing freinds with me."

As for why he was here, the Vagaran rumbled, "Dante sent me, to keep an eye on things while he was away." His voice didn't show much of his excitement at seeing her, but he was. In fact, aside from Dante, Niven was the only person he had seen that he cared to see, in almost three seasons. He was very excited. But he was also used to having to control himself in the city, because if he got mad or excited, something usually got broken. He was like two bulls in a china shop.

"I am a man in body and a beast in mind. I cannot coexist with either court of man or animal."
Carnasch is sometimes accompanied by his horse Gus, which will be specifically stated at the beginning of each thread.

Last edited by Carnasch; December 10, 2010 at 03:22 PM.
Old December 10, 2010, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Raising an eyebrow upon hearing that Gus wasn't with him and the odd explanation that went with it, Niven cocked her head and looked at Carnasch for a moment before shrugging it off. "Come in, come in!" she said, ushering the large man into the villa. "I've just been doing a bit of cleaning while everyone is out. The kids are at Schola and Kala has taken Chariras out to play on the beach." Niven flashed Carnasch a smile. She was clearly happy to be here and apart of the children's everyday lives.

Freezing at the mention of Dante, Niven turned slowly. Her jade eyes narrowed slightly and her entire demeanor changed as she took a step towards the Vagaran, looking at him sideways skeptically. "What... what do you mean, he sent you to keep an eye on things," she said slowly and carefully. Niven was happy to see her friend, but could think of no reason for Dante to need to send someone like Carnasch to make sure things were ok here if there wasn't some kind of trouble that he didn't think she and Kala could handle on their own. The children were here, and Niven would die herself before she let harm come to them. If they were in danger, she had to know. Dante was clearly concerned and that made her so.

CIR | SoF

Old December 10, 2010, 08:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch just grunted an affirmitive to the location of the kids and Kala as he followed Niven back into the house, although it crossed his mind that he only knew one of Dante's kids, and he didn't know who Chariras was.
Then Niven went and got all sorts of suspicious on him. It was understandable, considering how he had phrased things, but really. He explained, "I assumed Dante had to told you that he and I were going to Jae to deal with a few Thorns in his buisness?"

Yes, that was Carnasch being discreet, and that was definatly new to Niven as far as she had known him, he'd never even tried to be discreet. He continued, "He just wanted to make sure none of them tried anything while he was gone, so he sent me. He also said it was probably nothing to worry about, just him being paranoid."

Carnasch moved to continue inside then, as anything they wanted to discuss about the Thorns ought to be said in private, or if there was nothing left to say then they would probably go inside anyway. To himself he though, "Women worry to much. I wonder why that is?"

Old December 10, 2010, 10:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Her jade eyes flashed angrily and Niven lost it right then and there. "You've been doing what?!" Niven spat at Carnasch, completely livid. "What in the Empire have you been thinking?! Have you both gone mad?!" She was so angry at Dante for doing such a thing and not even telling her that she couldn't even form thoughts anymore, never mind words. She paced the foyer, angrily.

The next thought that Niven could form was about the children. "Oh dear sweet Diana!" She exclaimed, her hand clapping over her mouth. "He thinks that they might come here? To us?" Niven was completely at a loss. She needed to sit down. Niven wandered absently into the nearest room, which happened to be the dining area and slowly sank down into one of the chairs.

Niven couldn't remember the last time she had been this frightened. She shut her eyes and sat quietly for a moment. "But Dante's ok, right?" Niven asked, barely above a whisper, frightened out of her mind that he might not be.

CIR | SoF

Old December 10, 2010, 11:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch was a bit surprized by Niven's sudden mood swing. He knew women were nuts, but did they have to keep proving it?
She was talking to fast for him to respond at first, then she was pacing about, and the poor unsocialized barbarian was at a loss, so he just kind of stood there, turning so that he could follow her movement, and make sure she didn't hurt herself. Or throw something at him.

He followed her into the kitchen, and when she sat down and was quiet for a minute, he finally answered all her questions, albiet, in the opposite order she asked them.
"Of course Dante is fine. You think I'd let him die while I was there? Just a couple spells and he was fine again. And if Dante were dead, I would be here to get you all to pack up your things, because you'd be moving in with me for a while."

He tried not to let her interrupt him, but if she did she could interject at her leisure. Otherwise he continued thusly, "Thats all besides the point. No, Dante doesn't think they will come here. But he and I both believe in being prepared, and I don't really have anything to worry about, so I came here until he could."

He took a breath now, and continued, again assuming he was not interrupted. "And we thought it would be best to remove the Thorns as a threat before they could do any further damage, like killing more of his employees, attacking you here, or destroying people's property. Besides, it was fun for the most part."

Old December 11, 2010, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

At Carnasch's reply to her question about Dante's welfare, Niven almost passed out. She gripped the arms of the chair she was in so tight, that her nails left little imprints in the wood and her knuckles went whiter and she fought blacking out with everything she had.

She was in no state to interrupt, so she let Carnasch continue. She nodded absently as he spoke only half hearing his words. 'Just a couple spells and he was fine again,' kept playing over and over in her mind. She looked at Carnasch, her eyes still slightly glazed over. What was he saying? Something about staying?

Her head was clearer by the time Carnasch started to explain about why they'd attacked the Thorns. It made sense. They did need to be dealt with, Niven understood that concept. But it was Carnasch's last words that got her blood boiling again. "Fun?" she said, her eyes angry again. "You thought it was fun?!" Niven stood up so fast she knocked the chair she was sitting on over. "Are you out of your mind?!" She demanded. "You think it's fun to go out and almost get yourselves killed?" Niven was grateful that everyone was from home. Her voice was getting loud and she wasn't already sure that the neighbours and people out on the streets in front of the villa couldn't hear her.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 12:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch was just getting to thinking that everything was ok, that he had explained away her worries, when she burst out of her chair like a mad woman. Madder than before at any rate.
She yelled at him, and it startled him so he yelled back, "Yes! Yes it was fun! Better than being cooped up in that damned house waiting for my wife and daughter to arrive for the last three seasons! I havn't been anywhere but Accumin in so long I was ready to start killing town members!"

He wasn't all that upset really, but she'd tapped into that animalistic part of him, and yelling made that part feel threatened. A few era's ago he wouldn't have yelled though, but probably pulled a weapon on her. It wasn't anything personal, he just had issues.

He was quiet after his outburst, or at least, he wasn't yelling anymore. "Yes, it felt good to get out and challenge myself again. It felt nice to have a reason to live besides making sure cobwebs didn't develop in the rafters."

Old December 11, 2010, 01:01 AM   #10 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

In all honesty, Carnasch yelling back at Niven was probably the best thing he could have done to her at this point. Had he tried to hug her, not that she thought he would have, but if he had, she probably would have tried to strike him, which was completely out of character for her. As he started yelling, Niven took a step back, her jade eyes widening for a moment, feeling mildly intimidated, but she stood her ground after, simply staring up at him.

As the weight of his words hit her like a ton of bricks, Niven softened. She reached her hand out to touch his arm to comfort him. She nodded as he spoke again, more quietly this time. It was clear she wasn't the only one in pain and missing someone. Letting out a deep sigh, Niven found herself calm as well.

"I'm sorry," she said to her friend. "I just miss him so much. And I worry for him." Tears welled up in her eyes and she fought them back. "I'm glad he has a friend like you with him when he needs you," Niven said, sincerely.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 01:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch didnt really know what to in these sorts of situations, where as just moments before he had known exactly what to do. At least he had thought he knew what to do. Now she was about to cry and he didn't have a clue, so he gave her an affectionate nuggy. It wasn't like he ground his knuckles into her scalp, but it was kinda like how he would ruffle a dogs fur. He said, "There now, buck up shorty."

In the end though the effect on her hair was about the same. It poofed up, and turned into something of a rats nest. His words might not have been all that comforting, but he meant them well, and it was more that he'd done for anyone else in his whole life. Even his future wife hadn't gotten that sort of compassion from him.

Old December 11, 2010, 11:48 AM   #12 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Smiling up at him as two lone tears spilled over and ran down both of Niven's flushed cheeks, she let out a short laugh at Carnsch's new nickname for her. After that, it was impossible for her to keep a smile from her face. She attempted to smooth her hair out, but she was sure she would need to take a brush to it.

Turning behind her, she picked up the chair she'd knocked over and let out a sigh. "So then, would you like something to eat or drink? You must have had a long journey." This may not have been Niven's house, but as she was the only one home she felt it proper that she adopt the role of the hostess.

CIR | SoF

Old December 11, 2010, 02:03 PM   #13 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch was glad to see Niven was smiling at least, although she was still crying a little. She was calm though, and she picked up her chair so he relaxed. When she mentioned breakfast, he was reminded that he hadn't eaten at all yet that day. And it was almost lunch time.

Needless to say, his stomach answered for him, because at the mention of food it growled audibly, loud enough for Niven to hear. Carnasch looked at himself, and then back up at Niven and said, "Ya, I suppose I could eat. I don't want to impose though, so I can go out and get something if that would be easier for you."
He was just trying to be nice, and whatever Niven decided, he asked her, "So where have you been since last I saw you?"

Old December 12, 2010, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Giving Carnasch a short nod and a big smile, Niven tried not to laugh at his stomach growling. "Yes, I do think it is time for some food. I ate with Kala and Chariras, so I'm not hungry, but I am sure that I can scrounge something up for you," she said as she disappeared into the kitchen. There she found some ham and some bread and a few veggies.

Niven brought what she'd found back out to the dining area and motioned for Carnasch to sit and she placed the plate in front of him. To her, it was an enormous amount of food, but she assumed that someone Carnasch's size would be able to eat it all. In reply to his question, she answered, "Oh, just a bit of this and that, really. I made a trek to Jaedaxia with Jirael where we had our own encounter with what I suspect were some 'Thorns' members." Niven's eyes flickered for a moment, but she moved past it gracefully. "Then, later on I made a trip with Jirael to New Coldmoon, where he became Thane. I stayed for a few months helping him get settled, before receiving a letter from Dante, inviting me back to Diana." Niven paused here, and looked at Carnasch. "I assume Dante has told you about us?" she asked him.

CIR | SoF

Old December 13, 2010, 09:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Hero

Carnasch didn't really care to argue about where he got the food, and so since Niven didn't seem to mind getting it, he sat and started eating. He didnt pray like Dante would have, nor in fact would he have likely waited for Dante to pray had he been here. Carnasch was never the religous type.

The Vagaran listened to Niven talk, and when she mentioned that Jirael was now a Thane of a city, albiet one that he had never been to or even heard of before, he said, "Jirael? The little boy with wings? Isn't he a bit young to be running a city?"
However, that aside, Dante may have been about to get into more trouble, because after that Niven asked him if the Dracon had told him about "them". He had not, so Carnasch was a bit perplexed, and it showed in his voice and his face when he said, "No, he didn't say anything about the two of you. Why do you say that?"