Go Back   Aelyria > The Archives > Aelyria Archive > Carmelyn > Demios > Demios Wildlands

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old February 16, 2011, 05:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Wealth Tier: Steel
Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Just when you think it's all been said and done... (Hay'aan, Vaurien)

TS: 32nd of Melora, Winter, Era XVIII

It had been almost 3 full months since Niven had first come to Demios with the Asunder's and so much already had transpired. Her relationship with Dante's children had deepened and gone through peaks and valleys and her relationship with Dante had grown and changed in ways she couldn't have expected, but was happy for. And the island, oh the island… She loved it. The beach, the woods, the small city… It was all perfect. To leave would be bittersweet. She was excited to go back to Diana, as she had such good memories of the city, but she would miss the close knit small town feeling of Demios.

As she pondered all these things, Niven walked leisurely around the Merchantile District, taking in the sights, watching the people. The soft breeze that was bringing in the spring tossed the elf's silky blond hair and her brown skirts as she walked. The suns were warm and Niven had left her cloak behind at the house and, even though she wasn't cold, she hugged her body with her arms, taking in everything one last time….

CIR | SoF

Thread Count: 12 + 5

Last edited by Niven; February 18, 2011 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Time Stamp Edit...
Niven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16, 2011, 08:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Notable

Vaurien is an upstanding Citizen

Islands were, as Vaurien quickly learned, rather restrictive. Demios wasn't a particularly large one, and after having been accustomed to the vast sprawl of places like Jaedaxia and Aelyria Prime, the actual towny part of the island felt like, well. A little town. However, there was still half of the island that he hadn't even begun to explore yet. "Oh, it's dangerous out there," people would say if he pointed in the direction of the wild part of the island and asked about it. "Dragons and monsters and all sorts of scary stuff. No fun at all."

Really, though, the well-meaning residents of Demios couldn't possibly have known that the best way to guarantee that the young dorin would do something was to give him vague reasons why he shouldn't. He could not conceive of having any fear for something he had never seen, so with every unspecific warning of danger, he only grew more idly curious.

A warm breeze ruffled his short, mottled fur as he walked; his imagination spun it into the long exhale of a dragon curled up in a cave at the top of the volcano. He sighed, too, and closed his eyes, turning his sharp nose skyward as he continued to walk. Was it only his imagination, or could he really smell the fiery breath of a dragon?

A new smell suddenly filled his nose as he was considering what a dragon's breath would smell like; his eyes snapped open a moment too late for him to register that he was about to plow into a blond elf woman who was also out enjoying the breeze. As he was a whole foot shorter than her, his face ended up in a rather rude location; mortified, he jumped back and held up his hands in a gesture of submission.

"Sorry! I'm really sorry, I didn't mean anythin', I wasn't payin' attention. There was, well, I was smellin' somethin'ónot you, though! I mean," he babbled. If dorin could blush, Vaurien would have been; lacking that ability, he could only inch nervously away, hoping that the volcano would open up at his feet so he could dive into the lava and save himself from what was surely imminent death. Fear of dragons had nothing over fear of a woman scorned.

[CIR]-[SOF]
Vaurien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2011, 04:19 PM   #3 (permalink)
Eternal

Wealth Tier: Ardentium
Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Hay'aan was shopping. She and Klue were sharing their regular date darkening this darkening and she had been out buying fresh soft fruit and a bottle of wine. It was rare that they drank, with five children at home, but this was a once-a-cycle happenstance and she knew that it was important. It certainly was to her, and she knew her Miri Ozi well enough to be sure it was for him, also.

So, she made her way back to Wit's End with a sense of wellbeing and achievement. She turned a corner in the merchantile district and the young gypsy saw a dorin stumble into an elf. The elven woman was tall and blonde and beautiful and the dorin was... well, a dorin. She watched what was going on and she bit back a smile at the suggestion that the dorin had smelled out the elf. Not the most subtle of creatures, she realised.

Then, she nodded her head and smiled at them both. "Vedui, Serale" spoke the young gypsy woman. She looked completely at home here, yet her dark skin and her outfit suggested that she was more at home in the deserts of Arakmat. She smiled at them both and just kept an eye open, to make sure that all was well and no one was hurt.
Old February 17, 2011, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

Niven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious SuperheroNiven is a glorious Superhero

Having been lost in her own thoughts, Niven hadn't seen the Dorin coming any more than he had her. And with her arms where they were wrapped around her, Niven had nothing to balance herself when the Dorin accidentally face planted into her bosom and the impact of the collision knocked the slender elf onto her backside, her jade eyes widening in surprise.

Immediately her 'attacker' started to profusely apologize, though he (Niven assumed) seemed to be going on about something that she couldn't follow. "It's fine, really," the elf said, flashing him a smile, trying to put him at ease. "I wasn't paying attention either, so the fault is also mine." She picked herself up off the earth and brushed off her skirts. Thankfully the roads were dry and there was little more than some dust on her clothes. She noted her jewel encrusted dagger had slipped from it's sheath and she picked it up in a graceful movement and returned it to it's home on her hip. "Are you alright?" she asked.

It seemed their little accident had caught some attention as a woman Niven recognized, but wasn't sure if she could place, passed them and gave them a friendly greeting, both in her native tongue and in the common language. "Vedui," Niven responded, a little surprised. The woman's dark skin and dress made it clear that she was not originally from these parts and didn't look elvish at all. "Good brightening to you," she said easily to the women in elvish, still trying to place where she'd seen her before. It was on the island…right?

oocHay'aan and Niven are the same height... is 5'5" tall for an elf?

CIR | SoF

Old February 23, 2011, 10:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Notable

When he wasn't immediately smote by the lady elf's imagined wrath, Vaurien managed to snap out of his initial panic mode and actually pay some amount of attention to his surroundings. He let out a breath of relief when it seemed that she wasn't angry at him; his last experience with a female elf was filled with so much fear for his hide that it was a relief to see that not all elf women were terrifyingly violent and demanding creatures.

"Oh, I'm fine, miss," he responded right away. He seemed to want to help her restore some order to her composure, but she managed to dust herself off and gather her belongings quickly and without much complaint. For lack of anywhere to place his hands, then, he relegated them from 'waving around frantically' to 'fidgeting with his pack'; across his shoulders was slung a worn canvas roll that contained all the tools he owned, and the collision had shifted them so the load was unbalanced. He tugged on the straps until it settled more comfortably across his narrow back, making muffled jingling sounds of metal against metal. "No troubles here!"

He had calmed down remarkably quickly, settling back into his half-dreamy state of observing the world around him. When the dark-skinned woman greeted them, he half-opened his mouth to return the salutation, but was caught off-guard by the unfamiliar syllables that the elven woman offered her in return.

Waiting patiently for their exchange to be complete, the young dorin could only look back and forth between them, wiggling the furry toes on his bare feet as he tried to figure out how to respond. "Serale," he finally greeted in common. "Uh. My name's Vaurien?" he offered, unsure of where the conversation was going. The surprised expression on the elf's face was confusing to him.

[CIR]-[SOF]

Last edited by Vaurien; February 23, 2011 at 10:46 PM.
Old February 26, 2011, 02:54 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious SuperheroHay'aan Malinconico is a glorious Superhero

Hay'aan smiled an open smile at the two of them and nodded her head "I am sorry" she spoke quietly, a flush creeping up her face as she spoke her apology "I do not speak Elven, I merely try to be... polite. My apologies" she said to the Dorin "I do not know the greeting in your language. I am Hay'aan, and it is a pleasure to meet you both. My apologies for interrupting you, I hope that you are both alright?" she asked, looking at them both. Of the Dorin she did not know, but the elven woman she looked at and she thought, briefly, of where she might have seen her before.

Not really remembering, Hay'aan smiled at them both and nodded her head.
Old February 26, 2011, 06:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

"Oh," Niven responded to Hay'aan's flush and apology back in the common tongue, giving her a warm smile, trying to put the woman at ease. "There is no need to apologize. I was a little surprised to be greeted in my own language. That happens so rarely to me these brightenings."

The woman turned to the Dorin and apologized for not knowing his language and then offered her name and wishes that they were both all right. The Dorin gave his name as well and Niven smiled at them both. "I seem to be fine," Niven said, brushing the last of the dust off her brown dress and smiling up at Vaurien reassuringly. He had seemed to be quite upset at their crash and had also seemed a bit afraid of her, which the elf didn't understand in the least. "Hay'aan and Vaurien, it is my pleasure to meet you, I am Niven," she said, placing her hand on her chest momentarily.

Now that they were all introduced, and their meeting very out of the ordinary, Niven was compelled to learn more about her new acquaintances. "Are you both from the Island? Miss Hay'aan, You seem familiar to me, as though I've seen you before somewhere, perhaps maybe just around. However, Vaurian," she said, turning to the Dorin, "I have never had the pleasure of meeting a Dorin, nor have I seen your around the Island. Granted, it could be that we have just never collided paths before." An amused look formed on the Sylrosian's face. She tried to make light of their encounter.

CIR | SoF

Old February 27, 2011, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
Dragon King of the Sands

Bahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious Superhero

OOCOkay guys, just wanted to get this started :) don't mind me, hope you enjoy it!

As the trio began to talk amongst themselves, strange occurances could be seen happening around Demios, or at least the portion of Demios that they happened to be within at the time. The fresh breeze blew through the girls' hair, as well as ruffled even the dorin's hair a bit, and along the breeze came clear as day, notes to be heard. They were the notes of a song, that started of perhaps a bit frightful, but then mellowed out into gentle tones and rhythms that came from a variety of instruments, gently, and casually as the three could hear them clear as day...

YouTube - Chrono Cross Soundtrack - Disc 3 - 08 The Dragons' Prayer

As the tones began to hush, the music that was brought upon the winds, the air became heavy around the trio standing there. They could hear in the tones whispers of voices urging them to come south, out of the city, towards the mountain side. And within each of their minds, they could see a plane of flames, water, earth, and wind, an area where the elements coexisted in a sort of peace, but was purely magical in it's purest form. Amongst those whispers from the song, came a single word, etched into their minds. It was the beginning, the beginning of them, the creatures that inhabited the mountains high within the Isle of the Dragon.

"Corrolain"

It said, and along with it, came various tones and melodies that would intrigue the trio, and call for them to follow the pathways through the forests, urging them onwards towards perhaps what might be called Destiny, or Fate, although, not even R'sleen could have seen the music calling out to the trio, the webbing of Fate itself aligned to this exact moment, and with it, the music that played for them was beautiful and hallow within itself, an entire symphony before them, calling out to them, with only one word viable through the whispers in their ears...

Last edited by Bahamut; February 27, 2011 at 07:20 AM.
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2011, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Notable

It was a relief to Vaurien that he wasn't the only one experiencing language barriers at the moment when Hay'aan explained herself. His tail swayed gently behind him as the mistake was sorted out, and he thought about how to describe a dorin greeting to the fur-less, tail-less, dull-nosed womenthe player takes no responsibility for the less than complimentary generalizations of his PC <_<.

"When dorin meet, there's a lotta sniffin' and tail-waggin' if it's a friend, or if it's a superior you tuck your head and turn your ears," he said to Hay'aan. "Fer someone you've never met before, you learn pretty much all you need ta know from scent. Of course, it's hard ta do that if you're not a dorin, so when we meet a fur-less one, we just say serale!"

A slight moment of sad longing passed over him, perceptible only by a brief drooping of his scarred ears as Vaurien realized it had been quite some time since he had been with members of his own race. Though he had experienced endless adventures, he missed having a pack to be with, where the slightest changes of smell and small ear flicks could communicate far more than the verbal exchanges he had grown accustomed to with outsiders. He quickly brushed the thoughts aside, though, as Niven introduced herself.

"I'm kinda from all over tha place," he responded to her question. "But I've only been here fer about a cycle. I'm out explorin' a lot, though, so I guess it was only a mattera time before we'd bump!" He gave a toothy smile to show that he was mostly over the initial embarrassment of their dynamic meeting. "I've pro'lly met everyone else on tha island by now anyway."

As he was about to continue with a list of all the island residents he had thoroughly sniffed over, he trailed off. There was that curious feeling again, stronger than before, of being drawn towards the unexplored wilderness of the southern half of the island. He became very still, his ears perking up and turning to catch the sounds carried across the breeze. His mind became filled with strange images, and something more primal than thoughts or feelings. Slowly, he turned his head southward, nostrils filling with long breaths as he tried to take in and understand the strange tugging at his insides. "Home" was the closest he could come to describing it, but he knew that wasn't right; he had never been in the mountains before, never mind being born there.

The more he tried to sort out the sudden strange thoughts, the more confused and simultaneously urgent he felt. There was no room to be annoyed at the intrusion into his mind; rather, he felt that there was something wrong in the very fabric of his life, and it would only be corrected by following what he knew to be the correct path. "Corrolain," he echoed to the others, his voice lower than his chipper conversational tone from a moment ago. "Let's find Corrolain."

[CIR]-[SOF]
Old March 2, 2011, 03:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Eternal

Hay'aan nodded her head in interest at the explanation of how the Dorins might greet each other. It was difficult to imagine being able to communicate with an appendage that she didn't have, but the curious gypsy was fascinated. To Niven she smiled and nodded "I feel as though I know you, too. Perhaps at the Ball?" she asked, softly. She smiled at them both "It is good to meet you both. Demios is a wonderful place, and you should most certainly explore it" she said to the Dorin with a smile.

Hay'aan turned to speak to Niven but then she heard Kaimelea's voice whisper a name. She heard the sound of a thousand dreams and the tinkling of a million peals of laughter. She was Gnosis, she was Hay'aan and she was here, in this moment.

"Corrolain? Yes... yes we must...." she said, softly, and she looked at Niven.

"We must leave. She calls to us."
Old March 4, 2011, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

The Sylrosian barely heard a word Vaurien and Hay'aan were saying as her pointy ears picked up the music. Niven's jade eyes darted around trying to find the source and as it started to get louder, she moved her head around, looking for it. Then the whispers started. Niven looked at Hay'aan and Vaurien a little alarmed.

It was only moments later her mind was flooded with images and she, too, heard the word "Corrolain". It was clear that both Vaurien and Hay'aan had the same experience as she had. They both expressed desires to move south and explore the meaning behind the word and Niven felt the same compulsion. "Yes," Niven said, almost as if in a trance. "Corrolain. We must find Corrolain. Let us go now…."

Turning on her heel, Niven started to walk towards where she felt she was being led, following the music and the tugging at her heart.

CIR | SoF

Old March 9, 2011, 09:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dragon King of the Sands

Bahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious SuperheroBahamut is a glorious Superhero

As the music continued to play out through their hearts, and lead them into the Weaver's Woods, as it would suddenly have a change of pace from what it had started to be before. As the music was changing, so were the images within their minds. In their minds, they saw beasts of great power, Dragons, golden, silver, emerald, ruby, sapphire, and topaz all beautifully scaled, all swarming within the plane that was called Corrolain, the plane that these three mortals were foolishly seeking out. And they would come to understand their foolishness, at least the foolishness the Dragons would have called it. Because as the music turned to a sort of new song, the images within their minds began to change as well.

YouTube - Chrono Cross OST - Dragon God

A woman's voice began to sing along with the music, which turned into a fast paced beat, seemingly filled with violins, multiples, that just one woman, or one person couldn't have been doing on their own. It was if an entire orchestra was playing within their minds, and entire chorus was singing to the beats around them, a symphony of desirable music was ringing towards their ears.

In their minds, they could see the plane of Corrolain, pure elemental energy, a sympony in and of itself, of fire, water, air, and earth, each tugging at one another. But then they saw the Dragons tearing at it's very fabric, it's lifeforce. The plane itself began to deteriorate, in an of itself the dragons were taking what they wanted with little regard for the plane itself, their home. But then a realization came to them, they could drift from plane to plane, and in doing so, they found the Material Plane, and shifted into the world of Mortals, where they made their new home, eras upon eras ago, to a planet that was just being formed by the mother, by Materna. It was Telath, and the mortals that were seeing all of this, Niven, Vaurien, and Hay'aan, could see the dragons helping to shape and form Telath, the few that broke away from the others. All of this they could see in the visions that were given to them, the destruction of Corrolain, and the creation of Telath.

The music continued to play, and tugged them further into the weaver's woods, hoping that they would follow it, and their hearts up towards the mountainside, to where it was getting louder and louder, more harmonius, and becoming more of a deeper symphony than any could truly dream of or hope for, the magic behind the music was even more powerful than anyone could have thought of, and it was drawing them in, ever closer, as if it was a siren drawing ships towards their doom, but for these three mortals, it drew them to a greater realization of who created the very world they lived in, of who helped to shape it's existance...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2011, 05:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Eternal

The dragons that she saw filled her with awe - how small she must seem to them, an ant looking at a camel. She felt her heart soar with emotion, as she realised that Corrolain was a place, a plane of existence which the Dragons did not want them to seek out. Or did they? It was a beautiful place, Corrolain, the elementalist in her saw it as a place of beauty and it linked with her own ideas and ideals of elemental harmony.

As she watched the destruction of Corrolain, Hay'aan realised that there were tears pouring down her face, the destruction of something so beautiful, somewhere so balanced was something that hurt the young Air'riela's heart. The beauty of the creation of Telath, the Dragons working with Materna in the creation of this world was overwhelming in it's beauty, adding to the deep emotions which currently flooded the young gypsy.

Further into the weaver's wood she walked, almost entirely unaware of the two who walked with her. She was walking to the centre of the beauty, the place where that sound came from; the symphony which tugged at her heart as surely as her feet moved, one in front of the other.

So, tears on her cheeks and an expression of rapture on her face, Hay'aan moved forwards. It was the first time since that fateful brightening on the beach where she had first learn the word 'whirligig' that Hay'aan did not have Klue or their children in her mind.

She just kept walking, hearing nothing but the symphony.
Old March 20, 2011, 05:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Notable

Disassembly.

The further his body moved into the weaver's woods, the stranger his mind felt. Was he controlling his thoughts at all? He tried to direct them, prodding gently with his usual insatiable curiosity. He felt like a spectator to the inside of his being: in one part, numbly aware of the dirt beneath his furred feet and the smell of the wild drifting into his sharp nostrils; elsewhere, chaotic forces and energies he couldn't possibly understand performing and uncontrollable savage dance, over and over; finally, himself, the self that was observing himself, the part that felt smaller and smaller the more it tried to examine itself. He was Vaurien, he was dorin. He had a body, he had a mind. The more he tried to push the pieces together, the further apart they grew, like trying to join the wrong ends of magnets.

But I don't wanna be disassembled!

It wasn't the exact right word, but the novice gadgeteer couldn't think of a more apt description of what he felt. When he didn't understand an object, he would take it apart, break it into components that, once separated, would shed light on the function and design of the whole. This was what he felt was being done to him as he drew closer to the magic, to the source of the music. The lurching at the very core of his consciousness seemed to separate him even further from himself. None of the sensations were physical, but the deep feeling of unraveling nauseated him; the only relief lay in moving ever forwards, in the direction of the source of distress.

Without warning, the dorin's body dropped down to all fours, right in the middle of the path at Niven and Hay'aan's feet. Its head tiled backwards, ears lying flat against its skull, nose pointing upwards as if it intended to pierce the sky. From deep within its body, it wrenched out a long howl, a high-pitched whine that entwined with the music, a response to the call that was drawing them in. As its breath ran out, it inched ahead a few steps and repeated the noise, a desperate searching cry to the mysterious force that was simultaneously drawing it in and threatening to rip its sentience apart. A third howl, this time somehow louder and more piercing still than the first two, and the dorin's body rose to its feet again as the ululating sound seemed to rouse a renewed awareness of self in him.

As one, the body, the visions, and the observer moved again towards the Source.

[CIR]-[SOF]

Last edited by Vaurien; March 20, 2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old April 6, 2011, 08:51 PM   #15 (permalink)
Alluring Archeress

As the scene of the Dragons unfolded in front of her in her mind's eye, the music changed tempo as they started to tear the plane apart. Niven watched in awe, though still moving towards the woods, as the beasts tore their world apart and moulded the Telath into what it was to be.

It was a real eye opener and a privilege to bear witness to the creation of the world they all now lived on. It was an unbelievable experience and Niven was not sure if she was going to remember everything she was seeing when this brightening was done, but there was so much to take in, she doubted that even if she did remember, there was no way she'd remember everything she was seeing.

The closer she got into the woods, the louder the music got and she was barely aware of the other two with her. All that filled her senses was the music and the sights before her.

CIR | SoF

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: