Old January 4, 2019, 09:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Citizen

Lucretia is an upstanding Citizen
The Box (FINN AND ROOST)

(WINTER XXV)

There were two sides (at the very least) to the woman who was traveling down one of the many marketplaces of Prime. This late morning, Lucretia looked the part of a decent and respectable woman, donning a crisp white, high colored shirtwaist, with a dark colored, twill bustled skirt that gathered high above her waistline. Her hands were covered with a black lace that made a small keyhole at the back of both hands, the woman occasionally stopping to look at a trinket, or piece of fruit, or some other object that caught her attention.

Her destination was not far from where she was at now, but there was no need for Lucretia to hurry. She was not expecting anyone at the location, for all intents purposes it was seemingly abandoned for some time now. But, she, and others like her knew better. In the confines of her clutch, Lucretia had something that was needing to be dropped off at that very location. It wasn't an emergency, but it did need to be delivered today.

“Miss Rosendale!” Lucretia turned to the voice that had called her name, as he huffed and puffed his way over to her. Lucretia instantly clutched her purse that much closer to herself as she smiled warmly to the male that she knew as Mr. Sherper. Mr. Sherper was no client of hers and never would be, his wife of thirty-nine years kept him happy and busy, but the two had history since the minute Lucretia found her way to Prime.

“Mr. Sherper. How is your wife Annabelle?” Lucretia asked, hoping this conversation was just one of social decorum and pleasantries. He shook his head, and wrung his hands together as he stood in place. “Not good Miss Rosendale, not good. She's got those tremors starting again...” He trailed off with a sigh. “If you need anything, you stop by...” Lucretia trailed off, knowing he would know where it was he needed to go to find her; where she laid her head each night.

“Well, that's why I'm coming to see you now...Rumor has it that you might be able to get your hands on things that most can't....” Lucretia abruptly stopped and raised a laced finger to her lips to silence his vocal train of thought. “I would love to continue this conversation with you, but I do have an appointment...but tonight--” Lucretia promised as that raised hand found his and gave it a small squeeze. “I'll see you soon old friend.” With that, Lucretia turned on her booted heel away from Mr. Sherper and continued her way through the marketplace.
Lucretia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6, 2019, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

Roost Verynn is an upstanding Citizen
Another day in Aelyria Prime. Even across the sea, word in the salt mines and lumber mills reached slaves huddled by the campfire, of this majestic city filled with mounted knights on golden highways. Well the streets were made of the same cobblestone as back home, and the horses beneath those knights dropped shat literally everywhere. A million people lived here, the merchant tells Roost, as he spends another copper on a pair of granny smiths.

He bites into one of the apples and tucks the other into the pocket of his leather surcoat. It's lightly tanned and the winter cold makes it tough as a coffin nail. But it keeps that very cold from his already weathered skin, and right now that's all that matters. He's sitting on a street bench, one leg crossed over the other, his left hand resting on his holstered axe. And he's watching. Watching the coachman part the street prattle. Watching the fruit vendor sell his ware to the newest customer. Watching the thieving bastard rip off a clementine while the vendor's attention is drawn. He's halfway through his apple when he thinks he may be stop by pub and grab a pint of... wait, I know that woman.

He sees the white shirtwaist, the dark skirt, but what he remembers is the swaggered steps as she carries on, the poor bloke behind her eating from her hand. "I don't bloody believe it." He says to himself, back straightening as if on instinct. On his feet, then. Two strides for each of hers until he's within arms reach, then slow again.

"A lovely dress, that," Roost speaks of the dress but looks only into her eyes. "There's a lot can be said by a lady's dress. What's those thread suppose to say about you, lovely?" Roost continues to match her pace, hands behind back and eyes returning to the street ahead.

"I wonder, my dear," he continues, drawling every word in that deep baritone. "Is it true ladies of the evening become reformed, constrained women when the morning sunlight dawns... or is that just all tittle-tattle?"
Old January 9, 2019, 08:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Citizen

A semi-familiar voice drew her attention in, causing Lucretia to slow her pace and lock her dark irises upon the man. The thought, 'What a small world' came to mind, as the woman met not one, but two individuals she 'knew' in the span of just a few minutes. The compliment was ignored, uncertain of its intent, as Lucretia continued to walk alongside the male, allowing him to steer the conversation for the time being. When a question is asked of her, Lucretia lifts her shoulders into a shrug and canters back with a retort, "I suppose it says whatever the individual in question who is asking wants it to say. I can't help, or bother to care what people think about my dress or otherwise." She gave him a warm smile, continuing her walk to her location, which would be impossible to get to with him at her side.

Another quip about her attire, has the woman's eyes narrowing into slanted daggers, the smile still tight upon her lips. "You know, I've heard the saying you can judge a man's character by what he eats. And the only other things I've ever seen eat an apple is a horse and an ass. But, mums the word between us two friends." Her gaze drifted to the familiar buildings in the area, finding herself growing somewhat impatient by not one, but two encounters of people she wouldn't normally mind running. That was, had it been any other day of the week where she didn't have to have something delivered. "Was there something you were needing? I'm off the clock, but you know where to find me." Lucretia finally came to a stop, her hands clutching her purse a little bit closer to her frame as she waited to see what it was that was actually on Roost's mind.
Old January 9, 2019, 11:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

Roost nods his head in approval as they continue down the street. She doesn't seem the slightest bit bothered about anyone else's opinion, probably why she was as tough as a coffin nail. He wonders if her steel will is the result of her profession, or if it precipitated her entry into the life. She'd think it unusual, no doubt, for a man to be interested in her backstory... but he's sure the story would be far more interesting than any sermon from the temple.

"Well since I'm the individual in question," Roost begins, looking Lucretia up and down as though surveying her appearance for a response. "I'd say that skirt makes sure the lads know you can be cordial, personally and professionally..." He looks back to her daggered eyes. "... but that it'd nevertheless be best not to screw with you."

Another bite of the apple, spit out just as quick after her rapier retort. Wasn't the first time he'd been called an ass, wouldn't be the last. "Well if we are what we eat... I guess that makes me a pussy." His eyes keep locked, unapologetic. Another attempt at the apple, this time staying between his teeth. He stops on the same stone as Lucretia, ready to part ways before he inserts his foot any deeper into his mouth than it usually is. But then... the purse. Roost noticed how tight she held it when the punter from earlier approached her, and now she does the same thing again.

"Everything alright, darling?" Roost's right brow is cocked, confused why a woman this confidant would be nervous around a purse. "Don't suppose anything I can do? I'm good with an axe, tight with my lips, and my morals are... well, I don't have any. Could be an asset for, oh I dunno, someone carrying whatever's in that vice-gripped clutch of yours."
Old January 10, 2019, 08:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Citizen

Lucretia didn't indicate whether Roost was right or wrong in his perceptions; honestly the woman could be anything in anyone's eyes. She played a few parts throughout her lifetime when it came to men; anything that tickled their fancy if the pay was good enough. Whether he were right or wrong, the way he perceived her, indicated something about his character in her opinion.

There was a tremor of an amused smile upon her lips when he indicated what he would be if she were to judge him by what he ate, followed by a dry cough that made the smile disappear. Roost definitely had a way with words that not everyone appreciated, but oddly enough, Lucretia found she enjoyed it. There were no guessing games, he said what he wanted, did what he wanted (or at least tried) and to her, that had a certain appeal to it.

The question he posed to her had Lucretia taken aback so much that she actually stepped back on the cobblestone and felt the heel of her boot get trapped between one stone and another. As she shifted her weight upon her feet and tried to discreetly remove the boot from the confines of both cobblestones, her brow raised as he continued to talk.

"Do I look like the sort of woman that goes on shenanigans with men of no morals?" Her eyes twinkled mischievously and partnered with a smirk to match at her cantor back with Roost. "Tell you what, I might suggest that if you are looking to go around wielding your giant axe, the imperial court may be looking for a few more good men to fill their ranks." She wiggled her foot a little more, then rocked to her left, and then the right as slowly and as discretely as she could, without looking like an incapable idiot. Roost's company may be amusing and slightly enjoyable, but it would be a cold day in hell before she trusted some bloke she didn't know with anything as precious as what was inside her clutch. "Besides as you said, anyone with a good eye sight and half a brain would know better than to screw with me." Her boot still remained fused in its position when the dark haired woman finished her thoughts, though when Lucretia finished those thoughts, she placed a delicate hand between his chest muscles and his shoulders. "Very well, there is one thing you can do. And if you can manage that, then maybe we can sort another matter out." Maybe did not imply that it was an assured thing, that depended on how the situation unfolded and Roost's response. "I need you to sweep me off my feet." Lucretia tipped her head and then clarified, "My one boot is stuck and I have spent the better half of two minutes or so trying to get it out. So, if you would please."
Old January 11, 2019, 12:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

It's as though she's the antithesis to everything he represents. Roost had always been brutally transparent in his self-interest. This morning was no different. But this woman, for all her swagger and style, never let down the guard, always keeping cards close to chest. Graceful as the swan, quick as the cat... and, if he assumed correctly, vicious as the wolf in defence of her thoughts. For all his size and weapons, Lucretia certainly appears the more dangerous of the pair.

"Oh I wouldn't doubt yourself, love. I'd reckon your shenanigans are more menacing than my lack of morales." The mischief in her eyes is unmistakeable. "And as for the Imperial court, well, I'd love to help out the Beloved Empire. Truly, I would." Even for Roost, the sarcasm in his drawl is as dry as the desert sands. "But Imperials have this whole thing about kneeling to show fidelity... and I've this old injury just above my shin. Makes it impossible to bend my knee. A shame, really."

Roost grins when she confirms his suspicion about not being screwed with, but he's distracted. What in the hell is she doing with her feet? Is this some new Aelyrian mating ritual he hasn't seen since arriving? His thoughts grind to nothing the moment her fingers touch his chest. It's grudgingly impressive, how she knows to bend a man's will with such ease. "Off your feet, you say?" Her explanation immediately darts his eyes to her rear boot. Then back to her gaze, with a sly grin and shake of the head.

Not another word is said. Roost's right arm is sweeping under her legs before she can object. His left locks behind her shoulders, fingertips just grazing the side of her breast. It's half a moment before his rough right hand hoists Lucretia from the top of her thighs, heel from cobblestone, boots in the air, chest to chest. Glad I washed this morning, he thinks with the lady in his arms, smelling of the fresh juniper and clove used to perfume his bath earlier.

"Now then, m'lady. I think this should meet your criteria." The throng of passersby are slowing around them, curious of the spectacle. A few shake their heads at the debonair display, but like Roose could give a damn. He's more worried about whether he chewed enough mint leaf earlier to mask the smell of granny smith. "Is there anything else I need to make you trust me? Perhaps a song, a poem? And don't think, just because the bending hurts, I won't fall to my knees for you on request..."
Old January 11, 2019, 08:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Citizen

Had it been any other male in Prime, he wouldn't have done what Roost was about to do. But from day one when Lucretia met Roost, everything he did was done in an exorbitant manner. His actions, his speech, even the way he carried himself was completely...outrageous. And yet, Lucretia was smiling and actually finding a sense of enjoyment during the display for all of Prime to see. The ill-contempt most found was ignored, because it was their problem and not hers or his. With their closeness and them being chest to chest, Lucretia could appreciate more of his appearance and the scent of him, both which were agreeable.

When Roost suggested he would be on knee for her if she asked, Lucretia shook her head, indicating that wouldn't be necessary, but added in. "And what good would that do me, with being on bended knee with lips pressed as tight as yours?" Provocative? Most definitely. But before too much time or thought was spent on that question from her, Lucretia moved on and addressed the white elephant in the market.

"Fine. You can come along. I have a quick delivery to make. But don't think I'm paying you, you choose to came along of your own free will." Lucretia pointed out, still in the man's arms. "If you plan on carrying me the whole way there, we need to go that way, but the job requires some discretion..." She pointed quickly to the direction they needed to go in, before bringing a finger from that hand to Roost's lips, implying how discreet this ordeal needed to be.
Old January 11, 2019, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

"Oh I could never take payment from you, anyways." He lies, arms still beneath her shoulder and knees. No one was outside the realm of taking coin for a runaway slave. But for the moment, he had a full stomach, clean skin and was still sober. There was no greater time to raise hell for free than this moment.

Lips so close, it's near impossible to complete a response. Provocative, yes, to the point where her honeyed words are tearing at his common sense. All he's thinking is how she might react if bent over the nearest vendor's table and taken right then. A provocateur, that she was, but one within the arms of a man more primal than cognitive. The voices in his head come to heel as she continues.

"Discretion, hmm?" Eyes draw towards her finger's direction. He argues with himself that it would be more entertaining to carry her the entire length of their journey, perhaps with his fresh seed falling from her womanhood. But alas, being carried may deflate the authourity Lucretia attempted in whatever meeting for which she travelled. Common sense prevailed with Roost, for once.

A light kiss upon her pressed finger, then gently returned to the cobblestone. Every effort is made to ensure her heeled boots find the stone this time, not the spaces in between. "Well I suppose being carried to your destination by an axeman doesn't qualify for 'discreet'." A hand leads outward, giving Lucretia lead along their path. "Though I don't suppose I might know where we're headed? Or is our destination as secretive as what's being carried in the purse?"

Last edited by Roost Verynn; January 11, 2019 at 01:50 PM.
Roost Verynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12, 2019, 09:43 AM   #9 (permalink)
Citizen

No one did something for nothing, so when Roost claimed he wouldn't take any payment from her, Lucretia was skeptical; more than. She didn't say anything to share her thoughts, allowing him to speak more because Roost liked to speak and seemingly reveal his cards. Nothing was wrong with that per say, but it just went to show how differently the two of them operated.

When both her feet found a place on the stones of the street, Lucretia straightened her appearance with a hand over the crinkles of her skirt. "We're going to the Arm and Hammer." While the location was given, the business she was going to be doing there, wasn't. Not entirely. "I have a delivery from Candaceburg." Before he doubted or questioned that statement, Lucretia followed with, "It might seem unlikely that a woman of my...trade would have deliveries coming from all parts, but in my line of business, I have met many of men from all over." There was no point in beating around the bush from Lucretia, Roost knew very well who; or rather what she did for a living, and it wouldn't be unlikely that Lucretia had met someone from this part or that part. "Any other questions before we make the block and a half trip?" Lucretia asked as she finally took a step in the direction she pointed at, bypassing his outstretched arms, her steps no more than that of a leisurely walk.
Old January 15, 2019, 01:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

OOC: Hope this post is worth the wait, sorry again

Lucretia had met men all over. It was the first statement Roost unquestionably believed since they first met. A woman in her line of work knew how to talk to men like Roost. So each of her honeyed words meant to be well salted. However she also knew how to flirt, how to strut, how to keep the lads on edge. It was probably the reason her walking partner had grown so enamoured. So many of Aelyria's plebes ran on a single dimension, railed on a single life. It disgusted Roost. He hadn't made the brutal voyage to this mysterious land just to join the cattle path. Thankfully, Lucretia seemed just as disillusioned from normality.

With no other questions, she lead the way. It was at least enjoyable weather for the track to their destination, the wind muted in the crisp air. The winter sun was lower than at any point he experienced it in his southern homeland, but it still shone brightly today. Roost would dare say he felt its warmth for the first time since the first leaf fell, however many moons ago.

He wasn't familiar wtih the Arm and Hammer, even if the name suggested a blacksmith. But he did know various places towards along the way. His finger points to dwarven men along the road, working a steel forge. "You see the lad with the long red beard?" The dwarf in question is working the ladle this morning. It's as they pass that he dips the ladle's crane forward, pouring blinding bright steel liquid into a ingot casts. "That ginger bastard can drink more than the largest whale. But he's piss poor at gambling; couldn't pick a dog or horse to save his life. His coppers paid for my apples today."

Another few metres down the cobblestone, and the traffic surrenders to a canopied bazaar. Traders in silk and spice thrust their wares towards every passerby, one even coming inches from Lucretia's face with a bolt of velvet. Roost's hand quickly interjects. "Another step and I'll send that cloth straight passed your arsehole." A few more words are exchanged but Roost eventually presses the pair forward, his fingers rested on her back same as when they met in the Blue Falcon.

Roost takes Lucretia's hand and guides them through an alleyway to escape the endless throng of peddlers. The low winter sun barely penetrates the alley, leaving a haven for snow to bank along the cracked walls. Only a single lantern, covered in a red glass and hung above a weathered wooden door, indicates any semblance of the type of industry in the nearby bazaar. But the alley eventually empties to another of the capitol's wide highways.

"We must be close to this Arm and Hammer by now," Roost notes, rubbing his hands together as he breathes warm air into them. For a man of his build, he was surprisingly delicate to the cold for long. "Hopefully we'll arrive before my bollocks retreat to my stomach."

Last edited by Roost Verynn; January 15, 2019 at 08:39 PM.
Roost Verynn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17, 2019, 11:14 AM   #11 (permalink)
Citizen

Some might be surprised to learn that chivalry, even in its abrupt form, was not dead on the woman. Roost; despite his rough words and hasty threats to the world and those within it, definitely had that working for him. A gloved hand pressed to her lips to keep from laughing when he suggested that a ream of fabric might find itself in a place the woman was positive, never had seen before.

"You know, there is a saying; you attract more flies with honey." A passing thought to Roost as they continued their walk, his hand on her back, mirroring the time he walked with her to a table of individuals that, in truth, only one stuck out because of her brazen nature. "You should try it sometime." Lucretia suggested, as she glanced to her right, noticing the puffed out cheeks that were as red as a succulent raspberry in the middle of June from the one carrying the fabric.

Her hand was collected in his, Lucretia looking down at it. The gesture was so simple, but could have implied a few things. A gesture of protection perhaps on his end. Sweet, but unnecessary. A suggestion of familiarity. And while that sent a thrill of shudder up Lucretia's spine which continued to her cheeks, inflaming them while her imagination ran wild. Taking her to the thought of them having a tryst right here in the seclusion of the offered alleyway, the reality was, they were not that familiar as to be walking hand in hand. So, then, was it a subtle claim Roost was attempting to portray to the world as they walked in plain sight of everyone? So many questions, but few answers, which only led to more questions at the end of it all.

"Hmm?" Lucretia asked as she snapped out of her thoughts and back to Roost. "Oh, yes. Right. Let's see...." She looked to the left and then the right, before she inclined her chin to the building that had a faded sign that creaked as it rocked back and forth. On it was a worn image of an arm with a hammer in a diagonal so that the arm overlapped the hammer. "If you come in, you're going to have to try and be quiet. Can't be having the client getting skittish." Lucretia stopped outside the door and placed a hand upon Roost's chest. "If you're here for the wrong reasons, you'll find out real quick that my client isn't one to be messed with. He'll gut you right where you stand and your bollocks will be the last thing you'll need to be worried about."
Old January 18, 2019, 12:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

Roost tries to hide a smile, and fails, as he presses the pair onward through the bazaar. He's heard the phrase before, of bees and honey. "There are times to attracts bees, love," he begins, still keeping eyes to path. "Then there are times to smoke them away. Guess which category fits that yarn peddler?" Another look back towards the webber, making sure their sour words don't garner further reaction, before slipping into the alley.

His shoulders loosen in relief, happy to see the Arm and Hammer nearby. His left hand landmarks his axe upon waist, the fingers in his right, axe-wielding hand stretching in preparation. He's ready for a fight. And then, Lucretia's words. She's worried. If not for her deal, then how Roost will react. Neither worry is without reason. "Me, get a client skittish? I wouldn't dream of it, darling." The touch of her hand on his chest suggests she's not interested in smart-ass remarks.

The woman's fingertips drive a warmth through him. He's feeling stupid now for not taking her comments seriously. Still looking at her face, his right hand leaves the head of his axe. It softly wraps around her hand instead. Lucretia can feel a thousand different cuts along his calloused skin. But the touch is still soft, thumb gently grazing her fingernails. Should she look, Roost's stupid grin would still be on his face, but hardened green eyes suggested, however possible, that he understood her caution. "I'll behave," was all he said, before slowly releasing her hand.

"Well come on, then. Wouldn't want to keep the geezer waiting, would we?"
Old January 18, 2019, 07:47 PM   #13 (permalink)
Citizen

His hands had seen countless battles and hardships, that was one hundred percent certain. Roost was an enigma at times, calloused, crude and harsh, but at times there were other traits there that made him impossible to define. Was he the loud-mouthed, brawl seeking individual that could hardly be reckoned with when ready to go, or was he the reasonable, sophisticated gentleman putting on a front? Maybe he was a little bit of both-like her.

With a mutual understanding from both her and Roost and his prodding to continue, Lucretia nodded to the door and pulled it open. It protested pitifully with its worn and old age, but was no where near the pitiful sound of silence when Lucretia entered The Arm and Hammer.

A quick scan of the room informed Lucretia that her client, the man behind the bar and two others were the only ones inside of this place, outside of her and Roost. Her dark eyes did another sweep to look for her mark, knowing he was wearing something special to catch her attention. Once she saw the burgundy colored muffin hat upon her marks head, she turned to Roost. "No names." Her hand closest to him found his arm and squeezed it, impressing how important it was. "If you want, enjoy a drink. My treat." Lucretia then took a definitive step towards the seated man who was half done with an ale and working on a leg of some bird with some potatoes on his plate.

"The roses in Aslangrad can't wait to see the light of Optia's day." Lucretia commented idly, waiting for his response as the silver haired gentleman that looked strongly out of place continued eating his meal. "Ulyris is when they really start to take off." He didn't take his eyes off his meal, cutting away at the potatoes and leg, as Lucretia nodded and opened the clutch that was now on her lap.

A small box that was the no larger than her palm was removed from the clutch, and set on the table closest to her. She slowly lifted off the lid of the box to reveal four cherry sized berries. "As asked for." Lucretia snapped the lid back on the box and slowly slid the box in the clean shaven man's direction. "And as I asked for?"

He sighed with indignation as he pushed his plate to the side of him with one hand as he finally made eye contact. "You're tardy." The other hand made a move for the box, but as his hand moved, so did Lucretia's. "Not so late that you didn't enjoy a nice dinner and still get your delivery." Lucretia pointed out as both of them laid claim to the box. "The bird was dry and the potatoes stale. Much like this conversation." His free hand grabbed the knife, and held it out to her. "Think of this as a learning experience. The customer always gets what the customer wants. Let go." He warned, right before her booted heel made contact with the top of his foot, and Mr. Muffin hat started swinging the knife wildly.
Old January 19, 2019, 03:01 PM   #14 (permalink)
Blindingly Transparent

Into the pub, then. Usually Roost isn't one to argue accommodations, but this dive could contest the most agreeable patron. Just where did Lucretia find these people? He dare not ask. People who ask too much oft don't ask for long. In the camps, he'd seen too many people learn that lesson the hard way. "Be careful," he says as she places a copper in hand. As if his caution would change any more or less careful she would've been without the prompt.

At the counter. The barkeep comes over with a dirty mug in one hand, a wash cloth in the other. There's a stumble to his pace, as if he's partaking in his product as much as the patrons. "What'll be?" the barkeep asks, the sour smell of turned wine on his breath.

"Water."

The barkeep's confused. Men don't usually come into establishments like his asking for fountain drink. Especially the types with large axes and larger shoulders. Typically, he'd be right. But Roost only drinks when he's comfortable, when he doesn't need to focus. And nothing in this place is giving him reason to relax. The barkeep is about to question the decision until his new customer slaps Lucretia's copper on the counter. Coin in hand, he suddenly doesn't care what Roost cares to drink.

I'll behave. That's what he promised, her hand in his. But it doesn't mean he can't observe. There's two men at the counter, alongside him. Did they work for the silver-haired bloke, now sharing conversation with Lucretia? Bartenders were commonly fences, no matter the bar; maybe he's brokered this meeting. So many unknowns.

Then the knife. Lucretia's counterpart isn't using it to carve the capon anymore. I'll behave. Roost's hand grabs the handle of his axe, but keeps it holstered. "Whatever happens, lads," he's speaking to the two other patrons, but keeping eyes exclusively on her table. "Best keep your asses on those stools." He doesn't know what their relationship is to the silver-haired man, if any, but it's worth sending a warning shot in their direction.

His smile lasts only for an instant. It begins when her heeled boot crashes on the man's foot. It fades just as quickly when the muffin-hatted man starts swinging his knife towards her. I'll behave... "Nuts to behaving." Roost says aloud, to no one in particular. This is getting pear-shaped, quickly. Good behvaiour isn't an option now. His axe is gripped in a tight right hand as he springs from his stool. Typically, there wouldn't be much of a thought process; insert axe into skull. But alas.... I'll behave.

Roost rushes the table, but his axe is merely to deflect Muffin Hat's knife if need-be. He instead plans on thrusting their dinner table into the man's chest, hopefully sending the man from his chair to the ground. Lucretia may be furious. But he'd rather ask forgiveness from her actual self than a tombstone in the fields.
Old January 19, 2019, 08:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Citizen

There was one certainty. No way in hell was Lucretia giving up the box and its contents without the promised copper. Even with a knife being jabbed at her from across the table, her grip remained like clad iron steel on the box. Only when the knife nicked the top of her gloved hand, slicing the lace and drawing tiny beads of blood from the top, did her stronghold falter for a split second.

Just then, Roost makes an appearance after some words that Lucretia didn't quite hear as she was distracted. The axe served as a distraction too late in keeping her completely unscathed, and regardless of the warning words from Roost, one man took off running from the bar, the other staying where he was. Muffin hat man connected with the table, but managed to stay in his chair, regardless of the force behind the drive to the table. The man at the bar never actually removed himself from the seat, he didn't need to because he was damn good at his trade. Which is why he was paid well and worked for the man he did. A tiny dagger was thrust in the direction of the trio, aiming for no one in particular, but did manage to land beside the hands that battled for the box and the seeds in them.

Lucretia froze, hand still on the box, as her attention shifted to the guy at the bar. The keep moved to the side, not at all interested in getting involved in whatever was going down in his bar. "Why don't yous be sitting your arse down?" The man pointed to a chair at a table not far from the table Lucretia and the unidentified man sat at. "Let them finish their transaction? If you be knowing what's good for yous." So what he lacked in grammar, the man made up for with his deadly skill set, daring Roost to not take his advice.

"How about a discount rate?" Lucretia suggested, maybe too little too late, but when she realized that they were equally numbered, but outmatched, she was willing to negotiate.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: