Old September 7, 2018, 02:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Adventurer

Wealth Tier: Sterling
Aedaan Sinclair is a malevolent Minion
[Portshire] A huntin' we will go~

Crawling out of bed that still housed the lucky man from the previous darkening, the olive-skinned woman took her sweet time getting ready. A nice, hot bath. Fix up her hair just right. Adjust her outfit to be a bit more, erm, casual than normal. Today wasn't about swooning men or getting them into the same room.

No, today was about bloodshed. So she had to wear something that she didn't care too terribly about - just in case things got messy~

A simple black set of harem pants tied along with a nice olive-green blouse with long sleeves, but a cut at the top to reveal her shoulders. Hm. That would do nicely. One final glance in the mirror. A single kiss farewell to her one-night lover and downstairs she went.

If things went according to plan, her small lutran was to meet her on this day. Granted, she always took a bit to get ready so there was a chance that he had been waiting down here. If he was, off she went to buy the pair of them a nice meal before their journey. If not? She would plop down at a table and order herself a nice tea.

Red rep preferred | CIR | Peer Mod Desk
Aedaan Sinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 10, 2018, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

Wuwalleit is an upstanding Citizen
As the brightening rose ruddily over the Gulf of Ioannolia, there stood upon the pier a formidable, foreboding form, four feet full of furry freebooting fury, stopping to survey the sea, suffused with the suns’ sanguine sign. Red at morning, slavers take warning! Webfoot Walt thought, his black eyes catching the blood red glint off of the water. This is going to be my best adventure yet!

And he was ready for it, too, not that he had a lot of gear. The satchel containing his few belongings were on his back. His longknife was poised at the lutran’s hip, from where Walt could draw it instantly with catlike reflexes at the slightest indication of peril. He had practiced quick-drawing it a few times the darkening before, even rehearsing the perfect “ha-HA!” to strike fear in his foes’ black hearts as he did so. He’d dropped the knife a couple times; almost cut off a toe or two.

Such risks were a small price to pay for the achievement of pirate adventure greatness. Or so Wuwalleit had told himself as he retrieved the knife gingerly from the Broken King’s deck. But that had only happened a couple times. Definitely no more than three times. Or maybe four. But his foes would never see such miscues. They would see only the terrifyingly smooth quickness of Webfoot Walt’s slashing blade, and they would know fear. And he’d had a good breakfast, so he was definitely ready. And he’d packed sandwiches too. Pickled herring. Not as good as fresh, but it would keep longer.

For a few breaths the dread pirate took in the suns and sea, the smell of the salt breeze and the plaintive cry of gulls, but not long did he tarry idle, for he was a lutran of action. With catlike tread upon the shore he stole, moving with surety and grace towards the tavern where waited Aedaan, the exiled gypsy princess, whom our hero had resolved to aid in her quest to free her sister from the terrible slavers of…whatever cool-sounding exotic place they were from.

The common room was still quiet when Walt entered it. His jet black eyes quickly surveyed the place, keen to pick up the subtlest threat of danger -but non-chalantly, not apprehensive or nervous-looking at all. Aedaan had not yet arrived. It was just as he had planned, getting there early to forestall any advantage the wrong party might otherwise obtain. He had ample time to assure himself of his surroundings.
And then start to get bored.

And then start to wonder if this whole thing wasn’t some sort of prank Seph and the rest of his crew had set up for him. But such idle thoughts were quickly dispelled when the gypsy appeared, all Walt had known she would. He started to wave excitedly as she came into view, then caught himself and smoothly transformed the gesture into a thoughtful-looking scratch of his ear.

”Ahoy, milady!” he called out. ”Are ye ready to chase this quarry?” It wasn’t as good as the furry freebooter thing he’d come up with earlier, but it would do.
Old September 13, 2018, 05:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Adventurer

Aedaan couldn’t sleep.

The entire darkening was spent preparing for the journey ahead, ensuring her Talvia was in good condition and she had enough supplies. Food was good, but she would need to run down to the markets in search of some poisons. She made a small list of everything that would need to be snagged on the way to the meeting point, but gave a moment’s pause.

It was a strange thought, preparing for something like this. She had worked with others before, but never on a mission as personal as this one. Granted, the gypsy believed there was little chance of finding any hint of her sister’s location but still-! The companion in question was...well, small and innocently naive. Could she truly be the one to corrupt him in the ways of the cruel world around him?

Unfortunately, she had little choice.

By the time she fought past her emotional conflict, the woman felt the warmth of the triple suns peering through the window. Well, feth.

Donning a pair of midnight harem pants along with a crimson short-sleeved blouse that was a bit more subtle than she was used to (still had cleavage, but it covered her stomach), she made her way down. Not truly to her surprise, a small voice cried out to her. Ah, he arrived a bit early. Either that or she was fashionably late, which was definitely a possibility.

Still, a warm smile grew across her face as her gaze caught sight of him. He still acted like a child, jumping with excitement and flailing in such a manner. He was cute, that she couldn’t deny. Once she managed to close the distance between them, the gypsy offered up a bow. “Serale, good sir. I need to go to the market for a few things, but otherwise I’m ready. Have you already eaten? If not, allow me to treat you to a meal.”

Old September 17, 2018, 06:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

Whiskers twitched excitedly at the prospect of food. Wuwalleit had eaten rosyun before setting out, but what about *second* rosyun? Besides, Aedaan probably hadn’t eaten yet herself, so it would be inconsiderate to let the gypsy princess eat alone.

”Aye, some grub do handsomely, milady!” he said heartily, proud of himself for using the right pirate word for food. Walt looked at her appraisingly. She sure traveled light, she did. What were her tricks, the lutran wondered? A concealed knife? A deadly hairpin? Gypsy magic? Or maybe she just had complete faith in his abilities? Who knew? The mystery was so exciting, though!

Walt looked up and regarded his companion with a quizzical tilt of his head. ”So, what’s the next step you have in mind?” he asked. ”Do I come with while you do your shopping, wait here, or meet you somewhere?”

All three had their merits; he would have been fine with any of them. The first was the simplest, the second involved the least work, and the third was the most fun and mysterious. Whichever one they did, it was going to be an auspicious start to an awesome adventure!
Old September 24, 2018, 11:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Adventurer

Ah, excellent. If he was to dine with her, she wouldn't feel as rushed through her meal. She never liked the pressure of others waiting on her, mostly because the opposite was also true. She wasn't really a patient woman herself so it all worked out. Gesturing to an open chair, she accepted one opposite as the pair settled down in the tavern. Her emerald gaze wandered in search of a waitress only to find the glance of a bartender who was checking her out.

Ooh~ Too bad she hadn't seen him the darkening before, they might have had quite a bit of fun and she might have gotten sleep. Maybe.

She flashed him a wink before returning to her shorter companion. A waitress or waiter would find themselves around at some point, surely, and neither were in too terrible of a rush. "That's up to you. Is there anything you need from the market? Supplies for the upcoming adventure? If not, I might feel a bit safer knowing that a dread pirate such as yourself is watching over me." For once, it wasn't a sexual comment. She aimed it more toward the furry creature's ego since he seemed giddy as a child when given such compliments. It was a nice change of pace for her and it managed to bring a soft smile to her exhausted features. So it was a win all around.

Old September 29, 2018, 08:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

The lutran nodded eagerly at Aedaan’s suggestions. A meal, a shopping trip, a chance to protect a fair maiden and a gypsy princess to boot! All in one morning. Life didn’t get much better for a pirate. He thought about her question about whether he needed anything. It was a good question. What sort of things had Captain Jack Martin used to rescue his friend in A King’s Ransom for a Boatswain’s Freedom? Or Swab the Decks with Blood! He couldn’t remember right now. Oh, how he wished he had those books with him! They would tell him just what he needed to do. But Webfoot Walt was sure he could figure it out. After all, he was a pirate himself.

After ordering food (Walt would take whatever was yummy. And available), he looked at Aedaan; ”Shopping?” he said brightly. ”I’d love to go with you! I might think of something I need that I wouldn’t have thought of otherwise. But I can’t think of anything in particular I need right now.”

In fact, the only thing Walt wanted right now was some adventure and perhaps a bit of foo-belay that, grub. oocAnd our fearless peermod
Old October 2, 2018, 06:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Adventurer

Excellent. If they weren't to part, then she wouldn't need to worry about trying to find him down the road when their true adventure began. It wasn't that she didn't trust the creature to uphold his end, but rather she was concerned about his child-like excitement. There was a chance that, if left out of her sight, he might find some other shiny object to latch onto.

She couldn't lose him, not yet. From what he had told her about his skills, she needed him to help her cause. None of this reflected, however, as she gave her new companion a warm smile. "Perfect. I've been told that it's always a good idea to search the markets before such an adventure. You never want to end up in a bad spot and realize you forgot to bring something." Once they hunted down the waiter (or waitress), she would order a tankard of ale and some bread with cheese and apple slices. Such was the life of a poor, gypsy girl.

Old October 7, 2018, 12:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

Bread, cheese, apple slices! One didn't always get fresh foodstuffs on the Broken King, especially not fresh fruit. Life at sea was hard and dangerous. As was, quite often, the fare. So this was a treat.

When the grub arrived, Walt did something clever, even perhaps tricky. Because he was a pirate. He looked at the gypsy princess and said: "Thanks for this! Aedaan! I'm going to take a moment and say grace first over this here grub." The lutran folded his little paws in an attitude of prayer and lowered his head.

But, guess what, here was the clever, tricky part: he wasn't really saying grace. He was setting an Anchor in the inn. That way he would have the means to return quickly if he and Aedaan got into a jam.

Not that he would abandon her, of course. Pirates didn't do stuff like that. But he would be able to get help for them if they got in trouble. He didn't tell the gypsy because, well, a pirate needed to have some tricks up his sleeve, too, right? What good was a secret weapon if you didn't keep it a secret?

He raised his head back up and looked at Aedaan. "Ye gotta appreciate every meal as if it could be yer last. Because it might be, aye?" Danger was fun!

And then he tucked in, relishing the fresh fare. Walt didn't believe that this would actually be his last rosyun on Telath- he was Dread Pirate Webfoot Walt, after all, and could handle the peril; but he did suspect it might be his last shot at enjoying a proper meal with good, tasty food for a while. Such was the life of adventure, especially when you were a pirate helping a sultry gypsy princess rescue her sister from slavering savage slaver savages.

Last edited by Wuwalleit; October 7, 2018 at 12:28 PM.
Wuwalleit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 29, 2018, 02:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Adventurer

Alice Ward is an upstanding Citizen
oocLet is go on our adventure!

It might be all fun and laughter with some danger for the two, but it was no so for a young Mother who suddenly just broke down and cried. Several people tried to confort her, but to no avail. Her wailing carried through the market, crying about her child being taken by some slavers.

A plump lady next to the eating Wuwalleit tutted, commenting this was a usual scene for the past many brightenings. Woman and children suddenly gone missing ever since a group of well known slave dealers appeared in town.

At the same time, a tanned muscular man dressed only in a pair of trousers walked passed Aedaan commenting the child would surely be sold within 2 brightenings. Turning around, she noticed that man was carrying a heavy box on his shoulder and a slave tattoo was tattooed on his forearm.
Old November 3, 2018, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

Adventure waited for no one, and this one was no exception! He wasn’t even finished with the last of the bread and cheese before they were off to the market. Walt wasn’t sure what all they were getting yet, so he basically just followed Aedaan around while she did her shopping. Just like any other guy, basically. Not very pirate-like, he thought ruefully. One thing was certain: he was *not* going to sit on some stool by a doorway while the gypsy tried on clothes.

They didn’t get far when something happened. Could adventures do that? Just start before the heroes had even finished their preparations?

Apparently this one could. Some woman was crying because her child had been taken by slavers. And then some other woman next to Walt telling the dread pirate that this was not an isolated incident. And then some big guy walked past Aedaan and said something the lutran didn’t quite pick up, but it sounded like it involved selling something in two brightenings. Walt did see the tattoo, though. He had learned a lot about tattoos since joining the Broken King. That looked like a slave tattoo. One of his crewmates had a faded one, although he didn’t like to talk about it.

The set up was a bit obvious and on-the-nose. It reminded Walt a bit of the "Tattered Ensigns" series, especially Tattered Ensigns Over the Bay of Phondra. They weren’t his favorites. But this was real, apparently. It was time for Dread Pirate Webfoot Walt and do something piratey. And dreadful. More so than waiting for Aedaan on a stool next to a changing room, at least.

The distraught mother needed some reassurance, obviously, and the big guy might be worth looking into, also. But first he turned to the tutting woman next to him. ”Arr, ye say that these slavers be well known,” he said pirately, ”What be known about ‘em? What kin ye tell Walt?” They might or might not be the same ones that had Aedaan’s sister, but it was a place to start.

Last edited by Wuwalleit; November 3, 2018 at 03:39 PM.
Wuwalleit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 4, 2018, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Adventurer

Time was of the essence, it seemed! Before either knew it, fate had taken them off and on their way toward the markets for supplies. Aedaan made certain to leave a few pieces on the table, enough to cover their meal but that was all. She didn’t have much to begin with so tipping wasn’t truly in the budget. Sorry, waitress. Or waiter. The outfit truly didn’t give much information, but offered plenty to the imagination.

With her new companion, even if it was just a temporary situation, in tow - they began to make their way toward...crying. Apparently. The sobbing woman caught Aedaan’s attention, but hardly any of her sympathy. Why was it that females had to act in such a way to attract attention? It truly wasn’t flattering nor was she interested in wasting her time--slave? Child? It was less from the mother and more from a gentleman walking past her that she caught the key words. Slender hands curled up into a white-knuckled fist as visible tension grew in her shoulders. It seemed as though she didn’t need her furry friend, after all. At least, for this particular situation.

He was free to run off and comfort the mother if he so desired. She took a moment to compose herself as best she could before taking her own path. The gypsy whose exposure caught the glimpses of many strolled casually forward for a time before ‘accidentally’ running into the slaver. She fumbled a bit, letting out a small gasp of surprise before chuckling softly. “Oh gods, forgive me! I didn’t see you there!” As she returned to an upright stance, she made certain her sleeve fell a bit off of her shoulder. “Are you alright? I hope I didn’t cause you any trouble.”

The hands which once held a heightened level of anger reached out to stroke his large chest. Her emerald gaze flickered upward to see if she was getting the attention she desired from him. “I would hate to be a burden to such a...handsome individual like yourself.”

Old November 10, 2018, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Adventurer

Alice Ward is an upstanding Citizen
The distraught mother turned to the pirate lutran and her eyes opened in surprised. She wasn't expecting a lutran to approach her. She quickly turned to her friend and started crying. Her friend patted on the crying mother's shoulder for a while before she replied to Wuwalleit's question. "You mean you haven't heard? A group of slavers, quite well known for buying the best slaves from other gangs and selling them at a much inflated price elsewhere. From their known reputation, they only deal with barbari slaves. They even report other slavers who capture citizens for their trade. So it is just odd that citizens have gone missing at about the same times this group of slavers appear."

After speaking with him, she led the crying mother away, towards the constabulary. There was nothing the mother could do here, except disturb the people who were here to shop.

In the meantime, Aedaan literally bumped into the tattooed slave and began flirting a little. The slave was a little annoyed at the bump which caused him to nearly drop his box, but he was a trained slave afterall, a slave had no rights against free citizens.

"Apologies sir. I mean madam. Didn't see you there" He mummered softly, expecting a slap or something coming after calling the lady a sir. Thus what Aedaan did was totally out of his expectation. He allowed her to touch his chest, something he knew his master's wife like to do quite often and just stood there grinning. "No burden madam. It's my pleasure to do my job, carrying whatever is in this box back to my master's house"

Aedaan could tell from the tone of voice, the slave wasn't all that pleased with his job, despite of his grins and talks about being his pleasure.
Old November 15, 2018, 11:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Reason starts with Arrr

The mother was too upset to talk to Walt, which was not surprising. But her friend told him all about the slavers. Selling barbari slaves wasn’t nice, but it was legal, so the idea that they would report slave-trading that wasn’t legal made sense. He and Seph and the rest of the Broken King’s crew would certainly report any illegal piracy that they knew about, right? Can’t have a motley crew of rogue scoundrels giving pirates a bad name.

The woman soon turned aside to comfort her friend and was no longer talking to Walt. Since they weren’t paying attention to him, he took a few moments to observe them, trying to remember as much as he could about what they looked like, what they wore, and how they acted. Aedaan had been impressed at how observant he had been in describing Zebul, so he had decided to be extra careful in observing the people they met going forward, so that he could keep impressing her with how useful he could be on this adventure.

So why would these law-abiding slave-traders suddenly take to nabbing citizens? He was about to ask the woman another question, but she was whisking her disconsolate friend away to the constabulary. The lutran took a few steps after them, shouting out his question to their retreating backs: ”Why do you think it’s them?” Then he stopped, both the shouting and the stepping. He stopped shouting because it was getting him lots of attention from bystanders but not any answers from the departing women. And he stopped stepping because he didn’t want to wander off when he was supposed to be helping Aedaan.

Speaking of which, where was she? Walt looked about and saw mostly butts and navels. Being short definitely had disadvantages, even for a pirate. He had to weave to and fro, looking around the patrons at the bazaar until he found the gypsy, talking to some guy she’d bumped into and touching his chest. Why was she doing that? Well, one way to find out.

Threading his way through the larger humanoids, Walt made his way back to Aedaan’s side, his black eyes examining the man, doing that impressive observant thing again.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: